2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: 2020 Elections - CoronaPause

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 2:24 pm https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... gping.html
I thought this was an interesting read. It looks like the Chicoms are much better at meddling in our elections than the rooskies. I wonder why there was no outrage about this in 2008? As long as the right person won the election it just did not matter all that much to our Democrat friends back then. I had a good chuckle about the Chicoms whining about a McCain letter to the Taiwanese government that he had not even mailed yet. Those Chicoms sure are great prognosticators aren't they? ;)
huh?
2013 story of China hacking both campaigns, intelligence gathering operations is relevant how?

Of course the Chinese hack, they're a huge, dangerous player in cyber...we don't take this problem nearly seriously enough...but our IC actually does track this, a whole lot of folks at NSA for instance. And of course, the US does all in its power to gather intelligence about the power players in our adversaries as well...heck, we hack our allies!

I don't recall any evidence, however, that the Chinese actually put their thumbs on the scale for a particular Presidential candidate...yet.

Gotta think it's open season for all sorts of malign players now that the Russians did so, to very good effect from their perspective.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
CU88

Post by CU88 »

The economy is in a depression, the deficit has exploded, the country is more divided, the world is more dangerous.

What is Trump’s re-election message?
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

This is the best political ad I have seen in a long, long time.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kOhs-tzVm1g

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

CU88 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:22 pm The economy is in a depression, the deficit has exploded, the country is more divided, the world is more dangerous.

Depression? Mentally, for some, maybe. Economically, no. We may have some incredibly bad economic numbers on the books right now but the time frame is too short to label this a depression.

Trump re-election message?

Economy - Rebuild and continue pre-CV19 success. Business leader over career politician.
Deficit - Guided the unprecedented response of swift fiscal and monetary policy, kept the market from totally collapsing and the credit markets fluid.
Divided Country - Russian collusion anyone? 3 years of emotion, energy, and money wasted on this 'hoax'. Media in the drivers seat. Shenanigans from the FBI and various elected officials.
World - Has NATO collapsed? Or strengthened? North Korea blown up the world? Russia invaded anyone? ISIS? Iran? World is as dangerous as always.
USMCA strengthens our relationship with border neighbors? Support of Brexit and potential new trade deal as well. True China in much better focus now.

What's Biden's message? https://nypost.com/2020/05/09/bidens-ca ... not-trump/
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Nigel wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:00 am
CU88 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:22 pm The economy is in a depression, the deficit has exploded, the country is more divided, the world is more dangerous.

Depression? Mentally, for some, maybe. Economically, no. We may have some incredibly bad economic numbers on the books right now but the time frame is too short to label this a depression.

Economy - Rebuild and continue pre-CV19 success. Business leader over career politician.
Deficit - Guided the unprecedented response of swift fiscal and monetary policy, kept the market from totally collapsing and the credit markets fluid.
Divided Country - Russian collusion anyone? 3 years of emotion, energy, and money wasted on this 'hoax'. Media in the drivers seat. Shenanigans from the FBI and various elected officials.
World - Has NATO collapsed? Or strengthened? North Korea blown up the world? Russia invaded anyone? ISIS? Iran? World is as dangerous as always.
USMCA strengthens our relationship with border neighbors? Support of Brexit and potential new trade deal as well. True China in much better focus now.

Good description of the playbooks, Nigel.

Gets me to vote for Biden, first time I'll have ever voted for a Dem for President ever...4 decades of voting.

Of course, you also left off a variety of other messages Trump will be sending his base about why to vote for him, not the Dem...
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 2:34 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 2:24 pm https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... gping.html
I thought this was an interesting read. It looks like the Chicoms are much better at meddling in our elections than the rooskies. I wonder why there was no outrage about this in 2008? As long as the right person won the election it just did not matter all that much to our Democrat friends back then. I had a good chuckle about the Chicoms whining about a McCain letter to the Taiwanese government that he had not even mailed yet. Those Chicoms sure are great prognosticators aren't they? ;)
huh?
2013 story of China hacking both campaigns, intelligence gathering operations is relevant how?

Of course the Chinese hack, they're a huge, dangerous player in cyber...we don't take this problem nearly seriously enough...but our IC actually does track this, a whole lot of folks at NSA for instance. And of course, the US does all in its power to gather intelligence about the power players in our adversaries as well...heck, we hack our allies!

I don't recall any evidence, however, that the Chinese actually put their thumbs on the scale for a particular Presidential candidate...yet.

Gotta think it's open season for all sorts of malign players now that the Russians did so, to very good effect from their perspective.

"I don't recall any evidence, however, that the Chinese actually put their thumbs on the scale for a particular Presidential candidate...yet"

So the Chicoms hacked in one day just because they were bored and had nothing better to do. The sole of purpose of hacking in the first place would involve some sort of effort to understand what the party was up to. So when the Chicoms do it, it is NBFD? When the Rooskies do it it becomes Katie bar the doors, the Rooskies are coming and it then becomes AVBFD. My point was MD the Chicoms and the Rooskies and probably a bunch of other nefarious nations want to diddle fritz in our elections. They will try and do it in 2020 and they will always keep on trying to interfere somehow. A Fan often likes to bet a steak dinner. I bet you a steak dinner that if Biden wins this November the usual suspects on this forum will not give 2 figs about any Russian interference. The usual suspects on this forum would not have given 2 figs about Russian interference if HRC had won. In the case of the usual suspects here the grapes become more bitter after each passing month. I have said this a dozen times or more. What ticks the usual suspects here off is that the queen of evil lost an election they thought they had in the bag. What makes it worse... THEY LOST TO TRUMP.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
CU88

Post by CU88 »

How about this quote from yesterdays Rose Garden?

The White House
⁦‪@WhiteHouse‬⁩

"We have met the moment, and we have prevailed." — President ⁦‪@realDonaldTrump‬⁩ pic.twitter.com/FuAyRzXzCz

Which strangely the White House Twitter feed has removed...
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:33 am
huh?

"I don't recall any evidence, however, that the Chinese actually put their thumbs on the scale for a particular Presidential candidate...yet"

So the Chicoms hacked in one day just because they were bored and had nothing better to do. The sole of purpose of hacking in the first place would involve some sort of effort to understand what the party was up to. So when the Chicoms do it, it is NBFD? When the Rooskies do it it becomes Katie bar the doors, the Rooskies are coming and it then becomes AVBFD. My point was MD the Chicoms and the Rooskies and probably a bunch of other nefarious nations want to diddle fritz in our elections. They will try and do it in 2020 and they will always keep on trying to interfere somehow. A Fan often likes to bet a steak dinner. I bet you a steak dinner that if Biden wins this November the usual suspects on this forum will not give 2 figs about any Russian interference. The usual suspects on this forum would not have given 2 figs about Russian interference if HRC had won. In the case of the usual suspects here the grapes become more bitter after each passing month. I have said this a dozen times or more. What ticks the usual suspects here off is that the queen of evil lost an election they thought they had in the bag. What makes it worse... THEY LOST TO TRUMP.
To be clear, hacking by anyone of our campaigns or companies or government etc ALL should be taken very seriously and defended against strongly.

However, cradle, you are confusing election interference with intelligence gathering.
Big difference. YUGE.

Again, I don't recall the Chinese ever crossing the line between the two.
They may have, but I don't believe that's been the case at the Presidential level or below.
There have been some attempts by various foreigners to 'buy' influence and access through illegal campaign contributions.

Nope, this was the first such time, at least on this sort of scale, that a major adversary/competitor or even ally attempted to surreptitiously influence the outcome of an American election.

But Katy bar the door now.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

CU88 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:35 am

The White House
⁦‪@WhiteHouse‬⁩

"We have met the moment, and we have prevailed." — President ⁦‪@realDonaldTrump‬⁩ pic.twitter.com/FuAyRzXzCz

Indeed, that's the sort of 'message' that is losing Trump and the Trumpist GOP so much support from older white voters, a reliable voting cohort that was previously overwhelmingly Republican.

I don't think we've quite hit the tipping point where this loss of support is baked in for November, but if he continues to dismiss the virus and urges behaviors that inevitably will lead to new blooms, and ultimately a wave in the fall, this will become overwhelming.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:18 am

The White House
⁦‪@WhiteHouse‬⁩

Indeed, that's the sort of 'message' that is losing Trump and the Trumpist GOP so much support from older white voters, a reliable voting cohort that was previously overwhelmingly Republican.

I don't think we've quite hit the tipping point where this loss of support is baked in for November, but if he continues to dismiss the virus and urges behaviors that inevitably will lead to new blooms, and ultimately a wave in the fall, this will become overwhelming.
Dismiss the virus? Where the h*ll you been for the last 60 days. You call what we've been through "dismissing the virus"
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:31 am

The White House
⁦‪@WhiteHouse‬⁩

Dismiss the virus? Where the h*ll you been for the last 60 days. You call what we've been through "dismissing the virus"
Just the flu...
It'll disappear magically
We have prevailed

These are the Trump and Trumpist base/media messages.

Not reality, the world I live in and so many seniors live in.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Tue May 12, 2020 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:15 am
huh?

To be clear, hacking by anyone of our campaigns or companies or government etc ALL should be taken very seriously and defended against strongly.

However, cradle, you are confusing election interference with intelligence gathering.
Big difference. YUGE.

They may have, but I don't believe that's been the case at the Presidential level or below.
There have been some attempts by various foreigners to 'buy' influence and access through illegal campaign contributions.

Nope, this was the first such time, at least on this sort of scale, that a major adversary/competitor or even ally attempted to surreptitiously influence the outcome of an American election.

"However, cradle, you are confusing election interference with intelligence gathering.
Big difference. YUGE."

Your walking a very fine line here. Where is the line of demarcation between intelligence gathering and election interference? Damned if I know. I consider them to be one and the same.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:40 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:15 am
huh?

Big difference. YUGE.

"However, cradle, you are confusing election interference with intelligence gathering.
Big difference. YUGE."

Your walking a very fine line here. Where is the demarcation point between intelligence gathering and election interference? Damned if I know. I consider them to be one and the same.
Well, you would be totally wrong.

Trying to surreptiously influence the outcome of a democratic election is very different than trying to understand the implications of the outcome of an election for planning purposes.

Of course, intelligence gathering, as well as kompromat, could well be the precursor to crossing that line to election interference.

It's just that the Putin regime made that next step.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

The White House
⁦‪@WhiteHouse‬⁩

You know the facts, "last 60 days"; but you deny the effect of the delayed response, all caused by the denial of o d to any risk.

Jan. 22 Trump "We have it totally under control. It's one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It's going to be just fine.".

Imagine if o d had listened to the advice of the reports and acted then.

"60 days" back is March 12th! 50 days between Jan 22 and March 12th.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

CU88 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:59 am

The White House
⁦‪@WhiteHouse‬⁩

You know the facts, "last 60 days"; but you deny the effect of the delayed response, all caused by the denial of o d to any risk.

Jan. 22 Trump "We have it totally under control. It's one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It's going to be just fine.".

Imagine if o d had listened to the advice of the reports and acted then.

"60 days" back is March 12th! 50 days between Jan 22 and March 12th.
of course, that's correct, but I think where Trump will lose seniors is not just the original mismanagement but rather the continuing mismanagement. His actions and words... daily...now...are going to show up in lives lost and continued fear for seniors.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:40 am

The White House
⁦‪@WhiteHouse‬⁩

Just the flu...
It'll disappear magically
We have prevailed

These are the Trump and Trumpist base/media messages.

Not reality, the world I live in and so many seniors live in.
Whose ignoring reality if you think destroying the worlds greatest economy and putting 30 million out of work dismissal.
TDS insanity
CU88

Post by CU88 »

The White House
⁦‪@WhiteHouse‬⁩

Good thing the r's have solved the crisis!

The White House⁦‪
@WhiteHouse‬⁩

5/11/20, 9:50 PM
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

6ftstick wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:10 am Whose ignoring reality if you think destroying the worlds greatest economy and putting 30 million out of work dismissal.
TDS insanity

I am absolutely convinced that TDS is the world's greatest disease. It makes smart people dumb, strong men weak, and normal people insane. You see TDS play out in real time on this board as clearly as anything. Every post about the upcoming election written by the TDS-afflicted is some un-nuanced dream state where the poster fantasizes, like a little girl praying for a unicorn on her birthday, untethered from reality and any self-awareness.

The greatest political moment in modern American history was in 2016 when Trump beat Hillary; that was a great answer to the reckless bureaucracy and those that feasted on it. An even better moment, tbh, would be if Trump beats Biden this Fall, and I don't even care who wins myself personally. I just think it would be beyond-just desserts for the TDS-afflicted, the mainstream media, and for the cancer of our justice system. Another beatdown would be sweet.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

6ftstick wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:10 am (omitted)

Whose ignoring reality if you think destroying the worlds greatest economy and putting 30 million out of work dismissal.
TDS insanity
To repeat - Trump as repeatedly shown through his inactions (and actions) that he is incapable of managing a crisis, and still does not have a good plan to get out of this trouble because he downplays or ignores the only people he should be trusting (like Fauci) and is constantly making demonstrably false claims about what progress he (especially) and his administration have made.

It is not derangement to point out the truth.

Return to “POLITICS”