All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Typical Lax Dad

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 3:50 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 3:08 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 2:46 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 11:18 am
wgdsr wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 11:06 am mdlax, this would seem to be a strange hill to die on. cuomo and ny missed this one. hopefully can right the ship.
jersey, cali and ny in march were mandating this, jersey and cali reversed course and cuomo defended this and was adamant throughout april.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/co ... s-n1191811
Thanks, that article certainly makes it clear that it's a heck of a lot more complicated than the blanket statement either with or against Cuomo's decisions.

As I said, (and agree with you strongly) mistakes have undoubtedly been made.
I don't call him King Andy for no reason. ;)
fair 'nuff.

What do you call the fellow in the White House?

I call him Der Leader.
I don't know what to call Trump anymore. He is the same person he presented himself to be on that stupid TV show. He is an arrogant, self centered and egotistical jackass. He is not a Republican. He is certainly not a conservative. IMO he is liked by his base supporters because he leaves Democrats and the media foaming at the mouth with rage and blind hatred. I still find it unusual that way before Trump became POTUS, the NYS Democrats loved the guy and loved cashing all of his checks. :roll:
He is the head of the Republican Party and enjoys a 90+% approval rating amongst republicans. You may be thinking of another Trump.

# a false equivalency is a choice
“I wish you would!”
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 2:48 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 2:20 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 9:53 am
Peter Brown wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 9:48 am Reading this Tamp Bay Times article, you can taste how disappointed the writer (Democrat, natch) is that even more Floridians haven't died from the virus. He is practically begging for a disaster, but mostly, he's ticked that DeSantis gets to skate.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/20 ... e-told-to/

The credit doesn't go to the governor ('governor' credit is only reserved for Andrew Cuomo, who has done 'epic' work in New York!); you see, Floridians are now smart, not the dumb stereotype that the national press prefers when we are not dealing with a pandemic!

A Tampa Bay Times data analysis and interviews with 15 experts help answer the question: Why not Florida? Everyone stayed home before they were told to

You can't make up this media dishonesty in your wildest dreams; movie studios would reject your script for being too exaggerated! :lol: :lol:
Amazing that you call this media dishonesty when they actually have data to back up what they are saying (do you actually read these in depth?). Heck - I was in Florida mid-March, and can confirm the beginnings of a shutdown that was occuring - not because DeSantis was ordering it - but because at least some people (a lot in fact) actually knew there was a big problem coming.

But that does not jibe with your preferred narrative...

My 'narrative'? Seems like it's you putting out a narrative ('Republican bad, Democrat good').

Are you saying that Floridians have a higher IQ than New Yorkers? I mean, our relative Covid statistics to New York are almost 1 to 20, so ipso facto, are we 20x smarter than New Yorkers?

We get accused of a ton, but being brighter than New Yorkers is a new one!! I'll take it! :lol:

(I don't know, I don't think we are smarter, that must just be you; I think maybe Ron DeSantis did the right thing by immediately locking down nursing homes, while Andrew Cuomo did the exact opposite and sent sick people back into his...). 'But the beaches!!!!!' :lol:

"Are you saying that Floridians have a higher IQ than New Yorkers?"

I think a vast majority of Floridians today are former New Yorkers who have left the state seeking the freedom denied to them in NYS.
I thought they go to Florida to die.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

ardilla secreta wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 5:09 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 9:48 am Reading this Tamp Bay Times article, you can taste how disappointed the writer (Democrat, natch) is that even more Floridians haven't died from the virus. He is practically begging for a disaster, but mostly, he's ticked that DeSantis gets to skate.

The credit doesn't go to the governor ('governor' credit is only reserved for Andrew Cuomo, who has done 'epic' work in New York!); you see, Floridians are now smart, not the dumb stereotype that the national press prefers when we are not dealing with a pandemic!

A Tampa Bay Times data analysis and interviews with 15 experts help answer the question: Why not Florida? Everyone stayed home before they were told to

You can't make up this media dishonesty in your wildest dreams; movie studios would reject your script for being too exaggerated! :lol: :lol:
Amazing that you call this media dishonesty when they actually have data to back up what they are saying (do you actually read these in depth?). Heck - I was in Florida mid-March, and can confirm the beginnings of a shutdown that was occuring - not because DeSantis was ordering it - but because at least some people (a lot in fact) actually knew there was a big problem coming.

My 'narrative'? Seems like it's you putting out a narrative ('Republican bad, Democrat good').

Are you saying that Floridians have a higher IQ than New Yorkers? I mean, our relative Covid statistics to New York are almost 1 to 20, so ipso facto, are we 20x smarter than New Yorkers?

We get accused of a ton, but being brighter than New Yorkers is a new one!! I'll take it! :lol:

(I don't know, I don't think we are smarter, that must just be you; I think maybe Ron DeSantis did the right thing by immediately locking down nursing homes, while Andrew Cuomo did the exact opposite and sent sick people back into his...). 'But the beaches!!!!!' :lol:

I think a vast majority of Floridians today are former New Yorkers who have left the state seeking the freedom denied to them in NYS.
You guys make me laugh.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

That’s exactly why. Better to die in Florida than it is in the northeast. Young people live in Boston, New York and DC. After many have maxed out their earning capacity, they head for Florida to protect their assets.
“I wish you would!”
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 5:19 pm

That’s exactly why. Better to die in Florida than it is in the northeast. Young people live in Boston, New York and DC. After many have maxed out their earning capacity, they head for Florida to protect their assets.
Plus you can’t get away with wearing a white leather belt and shoes in New York.
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

NoLeft wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 7:33 pm
njbill wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 4:10 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 3:54 pm Germany and Italy declared war on the United States, and we didn’t put German or Italian Americans in prison camps.
Hmm. Had we done so, one Fred Trump would’ve spent the war in an internment camp. Maybe wifey would’ve left him, and there never would’ve been a Donald. Oh, one can dream.
My grandfather emigrated to New York City from Germany after WWI. Later Grandma and my mom and her two siblings came over to join him. At the outset of WWII, Poppa was interred for a short time somewhere around NYC before he was released. My Uncle Karl, his son, was already in the US Army and visited the place where Poppa was held. After talking to officials and explaining that Poppa was even in the New York National Guard he was released the next day...So I have a grandfather who fought for the Kaiser in WWI and an Uncle, Poppa's son, who fought for the USA in Italy as a member of the 10th Mountain Division.....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internmen ... _Americans
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Today, San Francisco is a progressive model of compliance during the 2020 coronavirus pandemic. But a century earlier it more closely resembled the hotbeds of conflict that we’ve seen today in Michigan and Oklahoma. “Mask slackers” were hauled into court by the hundreds, a health official shot an unmasked protester, and an Anti-Mask League formed — with meetings that drew thousands.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/bayare ... source=nlp

It's a good bet many regretted their idiocies later on, just like some of these moronic righties today.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

qurantine folks being funny:

and those being stupid:

It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 4:15 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 11:06 am mdlax, this would seem to be a strange hill to die on. cuomo and ny missed this one. hopefully can right the ship.
jersey, cali and ny in march were mandating this, jersey and cali reversed course and cuomo defended this and was adamant throughout april.
Thanks, that article certainly makes it clear that it's a heck of a lot more complicated than the blanket statement either with or against Cuomo's decisions.

fair 'nuff.

I call him Der Leader.
I don't know what to call Trump anymore. He is the same person he presented himself to be on that stupid TV show. He is an arrogant, self centered and egotistical jackass. He is not a Republican. He is certainly not a conservative. IMO he is liked by his base supporters because he leaves Democrats and the media foaming at the mouth with rage and blind hatred. I still find it unusual that way before Trump became POTUS, the NYS Democrats loved the guy and loved cashing all of his checks. :roll:
He is the head of the Republican Party and enjoys a 90+% approval rating amongst republicans. You may be thinking of another Trump.

To the Washington DC establishment Republicans Trump is a horses rear end. Those establishment Rs resent having an interloper such as Trump moving in on their territory. If anyone is going to screw up the country, that is their job, not Trumps. When speaking of middle America type Republicans, IMO they love Trump because Democrats despise him. That may be a simplistic explanation, but i believe it is true.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

It is probably cheaper to die in Florida than it is to die in NYS.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:02 am

fair 'nuff.

I call him Der Leader.

To the Washington DC establishment Republicans Trump is a horses rear end. Those establishment Rs resent having an interloper such as Trump moving in on their territory. If anyone is going to screw up the country, that is their job, not Trumps. When speaking of middle America type Republicans, IMO they love Trump because Democrats despise him. That may be a simplistic explanation, but i believe it is true.
It is hard to change a belief with facts.
“I wish you would!”
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Oh no! Soylent green is here!!

Thanks to tRUMP we are doomed!

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

{tRUMP} is an arrogant, self centered and egotistical jackass ...

Screwing the USA is a Republican specialty. The fact that they support the moron-in-chief in his destructive agenda is all the proof you need to confirm that fact.

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 9:22 am

fair 'nuff.

I call him Der Leader.

I believe that DC establishment Republicans despise Trump. Kindly enlighten me as to your facts that prove otherwise. If all you have are statistics, I probably thought you were a more enlightened individual. Please, please, please don't tell me you are just suffering from a TDS hangover. If that is the case, take 2 Bidens and post again in the morning. :roll:
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 9:32 am

fair 'nuff.

I call him Der Leader.

I believe that DC establishment Republicans despise Trump. Kindly enlighten me as to your facts that prove otherwise. If all you have are statistics, I probably thought you were a more enlightened individual. Please, please, please don't tell me you are just suffering from a TDS hangover. If that is the case, take 2 Bidens and post again in the morning. :roll:
He is the head of the Republican Party
He had a 90+% approval rating amongst republicans.

You said he is a democrat.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

fair 'nuff.

I call him Der Leader.

So Trump is or isn’t a Republican? He has a 90+% approval rating amongst republicans and he is the head of the Republican Party.
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 9:54 am

fair 'nuff.

I call him Der Leader.

So Trump is or isn’t a Republican? He has a 90+% approval rating amongst republicans and he is the head of the Republican Party.
Defining what a Republican is sure ain't in my wheelhouse. I am willing to guess since establishment Republicans hate him with much passion that Trump has to reside as a fringe option for some Republicans. If you are trying to convince me that 90% of all Republicans love him... well then you have not been reading MDs opinion of the guy. MD is a lifelong member of the Republican party. Are there more than 1 Republican parties? I'm getting confused here.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 10:02 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 9:54 am

fair 'nuff.

I call him Der Leader.

Defining what a Republican is sure ain't in my wheelhouse. I am willing to guess since establishment Republicans hate him with much passion that Trump has to reside as a fringe option for some Republicans. If you are trying to convince me that 90% of all Republicans love him... well then you have not been reading MDs opinion of the guy. MD is a lifelong member of the Republican party. Are there more than 1 Republican parties? I'm getting confused here.
Your words:
“I don't know what to call Trump anymore. He is the same person he presented himself to be on that stupid TV show. He is an arrogant, self centered and egotistical jackass. He is not a Republican. He is certainly not a conservative. IMO he is liked by his base supporters because he leaves Democrats and the media foaming at the mouth with rage and blind hatred.”

He is a Republican. He is he head of the Republican Party and he has a 90%+ approval rating. It should not be difficult to understand for most people.
“I wish you would!”
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:

Your words:
“I don't know what to call Trump anymore. He is the same person he presented himself to be on that stupid TV show. He is an arrogant, self centered and egotistical jackass. He is not a Republican. He is certainly not a conservative. IMO he is liked by his base supporters because he leaves Democrats and the media foaming at the mouth with rage and blind hatred.”

He is a Republican. He is he head of the Republican Party and he has a 90%+ approval rating. It should not be difficult to understand for most people.

This is what Republicans really want:

Then when the problems arise it becomes "LET'S BLAME THE DEMOCRATS". It is sheer lunacy beyond all belief.

kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

DocBarrister wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 3:54 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 3:34 pm
Kismet wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 2:24 pm Today's tweet of the day from actor, George Takei (Lt. Sulu from Starship Enterprise), American-born Japanese American citizen who makes an appropriate point on liberty and freedom having been interned in a camp during World War II

George Takei
@GeorgeTakei
·
16h
"I didn't spend my childhood in barbed wire enclosed internment camps so I could listen to grown adults today cry oppression because they have to wear a mask at Costco."

He has a point, don't ya think?
I wonder if George Takei understands that were it not for the Japanese bombing Pearl Harbor he never would have been interred anywhere. I mean no disrespect to good ole George but outside of it being a good idea for all of us to wear masks, I could not care less about what George thinks about anything.
Wrong, wrong, WRONG.

I think highly of FDR, but his decision to implement the internment of Japanese Americans was based solely on racism.

Germany and Italy declared war on the United States, and we didn’t put German or Italian Americans in prison camps.

DocBarrister :roll:
Factually wrong, again, Doc. We did put Germans and Italians in camps. And Many others. And it was not at a limited number or based upon any one "reason" like racism. We also moved them further inland away from coasts.

Read Invisible Gulag.

https://www.si.edu/object/siris_sil_628575
The diverse makeup of Justice Department detainees classified by as "Germans" or "Italians" reveals that other factors trumped ethnicity, residency, and citizenship as grounds for internment. On the U.S. mainland, refugees and naturalized citizens from countries annexed or occupied by Nazi Germany also came under suspicion, resulting in the confinement of Austrians, Czechs, Hungarians, Romanians, and Bulgarians. [17] Those apprehended in the Territory of Hawai'i included a handful of Jewish refugees and people of Danish, Finnish, Irish, and Norwegian descent. Several of Hawai'i's Caucasian detainees had even served in the U.S. Armed Forces. [18] The scope of the American confinement program also extended overseas, with FBI agents compiling lists of allegedly dangerous individuals of German, Italian, and Japanese descent residing throughout Latin America. Pressure from the U.S. State Department resulted in the apprehension and deportation of 4,058 ethnic Germans and 288 ethnic Italians (along with 2,264 people of Japanese ancestry) from nineteen different Latin American countries to the United States for the purposes of prisoner exchanges with Axis nations or continued confinement on the U.S. mainland. [19] The ranks of these detainees included large numbers of Jewish refugees from Nazi-controlled Europe, with 250 Jews detained in the U.S.-administered Panama Canal Zone alone. [20]

Federal authorities concentrated this eclectic and multinational mix of enemy aliens in at least twenty-one different Justice Department and Army camps far removed from coastal areas, typically in facilities that also held Japanese detainees. [21] Population totals were extremely fluid as prisoners were transferred between camps or repatriated to their native countries. The Justice Department's Crystal City site, which served as a family camp, reached a peak population of 3,374 prisoners, including 997 ethnic Germans and six ethnic Italians–many coming from Latin America. [22] 2,150 ethnic Germans—both civilian residents and merchant seamen—passed through the Justice Department camp at Fort Lincoln, making this Bismarck, North Dakota, facility one of the chief confinement sites for German detainees. [23] Other camps featuring significant ethnic German or Italian populations included the aforementioned Ft. Stanton and Ft. Missoula sites, as well as Camp Kenedy , Texas, and Camp Forrest , Tennessee.

Return to “POLITICS”