All Things Russia & Ukraine

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: All Things Russia

Post by a fan »

:lol: No, but you know me well enough to have told you as much if that's where I saw it. Didn't get to the news today.

It was your advice to Trump to keep mentioning NATO that got me to think that this is a NATO deal----and I was posting that Trump HAD to respond because
a NATO ally had asked for help.

Then I remembered, Ukraine isn't in NATO, you idiot, and deleted the post. :lol:

Sheer coincidence, and I dunno what jogged my memory. I'd wager more than a few Americans think Ukraine is "almost" a NATO member, if
that answers your question.

BTW, you and tech37 wanted me to praise Trump when he did something I liked? I liked that he called out Merkel in public. A lot.

But every single poster who was mad at Obama for "leading from behind" for 8 years better be angry that Trump is "leading from behind", and asking/tellling
Merkel to do the leading. Be honest, and be evenhanded!
old salt

Post by old salt »

.:lol:. ...but Obama (& Merkel-Macron) are globalists. This is in their backyard. Trump's is a nationalist isolationist. .;).

I just want Trump to keep the sea lanes open so your high priced hooch makes it to your international customers, without getting highjacked by pirates.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote:.:lol:. ...but Obama (& Merkel-Macron) are globalists. This is in their backyard. Trump's is a nationalist isolationist. .;).
Touche'. Touche'.
old salt wrote:I just want Trump to keep the sea lanes open so your high priced hooch makes it to your international customers, without getting highjacked by pirates.
Dunno if I ever told you this, but there are these big industry shows in major international cities every year. For reasons I can't explain, our apple whiskey was THE hit of the Moscow bar show, as we sent over a few cases for the event.

The sanctions, while they did not name US spirits directly, killed our distribution in Russia. Costs us to the tune of $200K per year.

If I can figure out how to do it, I'll upload our bottle labels, which were in Cyrillic....and were ready to go when our Russian importer pulled the plug a few weeks before the first shipment of Russian Leopold labels were to be bottled.

To this day, my brother and I have NO CLUE why Russians loved our Apple Whiskey so much. Life is a curveball, isn't it? :lol:

We were in the NYTimes this week, too, in case you missed it....

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/26/dini ... Y67QOO39c8
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote:
old salt wrote:.:lol:. ...but Obama (& Merkel-Macron) are globalists. This is in their backyard. Trump's is a nationalist isolationist. .;).
Touche'. Touche'.
old salt wrote:I just want Trump to keep the sea lanes open so your high priced hooch makes it to your international customers, without getting highjacked by pirates.
Dunno if I ever told you this, but there are these big industry shows in major international cities every year. For reasons I can't explain, our apple whiskey was THE hit of the Moscow bar show, as we sent over a few cases for the event.

The sanctions, while they did not name US spirits directly, killed our distribution in Russia. Costs us to the tune of $200K per year.

If I can figure out how to do it, I'll upload our bottle labels, which were in Cyrillic....and were ready to go when our Russian importer pulled the plug a few weeks before the first shipment of Russian Leopold labels were to be bottled.

To this day, my brother and I have NO CLUE why Russians loved our Apple Whiskey so much. Life is a curveball, isn't it? :lol:

Thanks for posting that article. I am going to look for a bottle.....Apple Whiskey.....when I was in grad school, the French kids loved Yukon Jack of all things..... I mean really loved it....
“I wish you would!”
CU77

Post by CU77 »

a fan wrote: We were in the NYTimes this week, too, in case you missed it....

Is that you in the pic??
a fan

Post by a fan »

Yessir. If you need me as a "hand model", I work for cheap..... ;)
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:Thanks for posting that article. I am going to look for a bottle.....Apple Whiskey.....when I was in grad school, the French kids loved Yukon Jack of all things..... I mean really loved it....
:lol: Another illustration as to why I gave up trying to figure out what people like years ago...and just make things that I enjoy making!
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote:
Touche'. Touche'.

Looks like "collusion" to me a fan! ;)
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Foreign Corrupt Practices Act [TPM]

Yeah, it's a thing.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Some color:

"The FCPA, or the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act of 1977, was enacted in a time when bribing of foreign officials by American companies was rampant. The enforcement made it illegal for companies to influence foreign officials with personal payments.

The US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) investigation in the mid 1970s revealed a full 400 companies admitted to the practice.

The situation came to a public head during the so-called “Banagate” scandal of 1974-1975, in which Chiquita Brands bribed the President of Honduras to lower taxes. This made the Chiquita’s bananas cheaper to export from Honduras, thereby destroying the competing local UPEB cartel. After the $2.5 million in bribes was discovered the president of United Brands (which owned Chiquita) jumped to his death, the government of Honduras was overthrown, the cartel lost its livelihood, and of course the people of Honduras dealt with terrible turmoil foisted on them by forces outside their control.

In 2012, Donald Trump called the FCPA a “horrible law” that handcuffed American business abroad."

https://www.corporatecomplianceinsights ... mits-fcpa/
Typical Lax Dad

seacoaster wrote:Some color:

"The FCPA, or the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act of 1977, was enacted in a time when bribing of foreign officials by American companies was rampant. The enforcement made it illegal for companies to influence foreign officials with personal payments.

The US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) investigation in the mid 1970s revealed a full 400 companies admitted to the practice.

The situation came to a public head during the so-called “Banagate” scandal of 1974-1975, in which Chiquita Brands bribed the President of Honduras to lower taxes. This made the Chiquita’s bananas cheaper to export from Honduras, thereby destroying the competing local UPEB cartel. After the $2.5 million in bribes was discovered the president of United Brands (which owned Chiquita) jumped to his death, the government of Honduras was overthrown, the cartel lost its livelihood, and of course the people of Honduras dealt with terrible turmoil foisted on them by forces outside their control.

In 2012, Donald Trump called the FCPA a “horrible law” that handcuffed American business abroad."

https://www.corporatecomplianceinsights ... mits-fcpa/
And today you have men, women and children walking and pushing baby strollers to get from Honduras to the USA.
“I wish you would!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote:Yessir. If you need me as a "hand model", I work for cheap..... ;)

Man....I can see you wipping that cell phone out of your chest pocket and typing comments bashing the deplorables from that image. Yeah, I observe to much
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

tech37 wrote:
a fan wrote:
Touche'. Touche'.

Looks like "collusion" to me a fan! ;)

Yup....tRump doesn't like alcohol. Wants to repeal the 21st amendment ;)
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

runrussellrun wrote:Man....I can see you wipping that cell phone out of your chest pocket and typing comments bashing the deplorables from that image. Yeah, I observe to much

I think it's his hotline to Gov. Hik...gotta keep the wheels of gubmint lubed... :mrgreen:

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
a fan

Post by a fan »

Yeah that's us alright, dis. The political insiders. That explains why the permits for our new building have been in a bureaucratic hole for the last six months and counting. :lol:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

youthathletics wrote:This is almost sickening.....https://www.instagram.com/p/Bqz_8EjBMwd ... hare_sheet
Trump looks jealous.

foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

He is pissed he couldn't sit with his buddies....Mad Dog and Big Mike had OD sit with the jv
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:Thanks for posting that article. I am going to look for a bottle.....Apple Whiskey.....when I was in grad school, the French kids loved Yukon Jack of all things..... I mean really loved it....
:lol: Another illustration as to why I gave up trying to figure out what people like years ago...and just make things that I enjoy making!
My grandfather use to make good old fashioned "applejack" also a more potent hard cider. Great stuff and would get you drunker than you ever thought it could. The thought of apple flavored whiskey... icon_puke a Fan... any chance your products will find their way to NYS? Any chance you might consider making some good old fashioned applejack? :D If not hard cider is just as good... Stupid question... do you ever sell your barrels? I have had a few decorating ideas around my garden and I love old whiskey barrels.
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

holmes435 wrote:
youthathletics wrote:This is almost sickening.....https://www.instagram.com/p/Bqz_8EjBMwd ... hare_sheet
Trump looks jealous.

What a stain

“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”