All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

kramerica.inc

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by kramerica.inc »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 2:32 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 11:37 am
Peter Brown wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 9:13 am
CU77 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 5:58 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 5:45 pm I don’t know who to believe! CU77 or the NYT!
If your reading comprehension was better, you would have understood that there's no contradiction at all between what I wrote and what the NYT wrote.

:lol:

May 7th represented the best testing day for Florida since the start of the #COVID19 pandemic. Florida received nearly 20,000 test results, which yielded only 358 new Florida cases and the lowest statewide positivity rate – 1.89% - on record for new cases.

How's your governor doing?
How is my state doing or how is my Governor doing?...different questions.
Maryland has a significant challenge, but Governor Hogan has been meeting it well.
He has credibility.
Hogan has been doing well. Although, his messaging between "stay at home!" and actions - like allowing Ocean City to open the Baordwalk is questionable.

He's still getting skewered by Dems for cutting overall budgets around the state. You would think he would get a little slack for keepign people alive and well, considering the Democrat strongholds like Montgomery and Prince George's Co. are where there are the most outbreaks are in MD.
DocBarrister

The Worst-Case Scenario

Post by DocBarrister »

njbill wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 2:23 pm As Cuomo demonstrated yesterday, if you take New York out of the equation, the rest of the country is still on the upswing.
Yep. This is the worst-case scenario: an endless series of regional surges followed by a second wave of regional surges.

The United States has the worst coronavirus pandemic because we have the worst so-called leader, Donald Trump.

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
DocBarrister

The Least Greatest Generation

Post by DocBarrister »

Kismet wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 2:24 pm Today's tweet of the day from actor, George Takei (Lt. Sulu from Starship Enterprise), American-born Japanese American citizen who makes an appropriate point on liberty and freedom having been interned in a camp during World War II

George Takei
@GeorgeTakei
·
16h
"I didn't spend my childhood in barbed wire enclosed internment camps so I could listen to grown adults today cry oppression because they have to wear a mask at Costco."

He has a point, don't ya think?
Yes, whining led by the overly indulged Baby Boomers, exemplified by Trump. They grew up in the relative prosperity of the 1950s and 1960s, with the wealthier among them being spared the ravages of the Vietnam War (like Captain Bone Spurs). Now they continue to indulge themselves. Mind you, these are some of the same folks who have deemed the octogenarians immediately above them (part of the Greatest Generation) to be expendable.

Is it maybe time to rename the self-indulgent (Donald Trump) segment of the Baby Boomers the Least Greatest Generation?

@DocBarrister
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 2:32 pm He's still getting skewered by Dems for cutting overall budgets around the state.
He has? You have a source for that? I have MD spending going up every year Hogan has been in office.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: The Worst-Case Scenario

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

DocBarrister wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 2:37 pm
njbill wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 2:23 pm As Cuomo demonstrated yesterday, if you take New York out of the equation, the rest of the country is still on the upswing.
Yep. This is the worst-case scenario: an endless series of regional surges followed by a second wave of regional surges.

The United States has the worst coronavirus pandemic because we have the worst so-called leader, Donald Trump.

I really be that by May 1, 2021, we will be at 500,00 - 750,000 deaths. When it re-emerges in the fall if will have spread much further and much deeper by the time the election is over.
“I wish you would!”
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 2:50 pm

I really be that by May 1, 2021, we will be at 500,00 - 750,000 deaths. When it re-emerges in the fall if will have spread much further and much deeper by the time the election is over.
I hope this doesn’t happen (partly because I hope a new Democratic president and Congress will put new public health programs in place), but it’s a possibility.

DocBarrister :|
@DocBarrister
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Hell that has been the case long before there was ever a corona virus. :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

DocBarrister wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 2:55 pm

I hope this doesn’t happen (partly because I hope a new Democratic president and Congress will put new public health programs in place), but it’s a possibility.

DocBarrister :|
By the time the administration changes (if it changes) it will be too late. It’s actually a worse case as Trump’s people will crap all over the place while walking out the door.
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

And Joe Biden, with his cranium filled with scrambled eggs, will become the knight in shining armor destined to save the world. He may not remember where, when or how, but save the world he shall. :D
Bob Ross:
DocBarrister

Breaking News: South Korea in Crisis!

Post by DocBarrister »

(Bloomberg) -- A potential second wave of coronavirus infections could be possible in South Korea after confirmed cases suddenly increased after a lull, with a surge tied to nightclubs in Seoul.

The total number of cases linked to nightclubs in Itaewon in Seoul, visited by a 29-year-old patient earlier this month, increased to 40 as of noon Saturday in Seoul, the city’s Mayor Park Won-soon said in a briefing Saturday. Park ordered the closing of all nightclubs, discos, hostess bars and other similar nightlife establishments in the capital.

The sudden spike in cases has sparked memories of an outbreak at a religious sect in late February, which sent daily infections in the nation to almost 1,000.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/so ... r-BB13PkSe

Yes, you read correctly. Seoul, a city much larger than New York, just shut down their nightclubs because of a “surge” of 40 (FORTY) new coronavirus cases. They did this because they fully understand that 40 cases can spread to 10,000 in a heartbeat.

Now, THAT is decisive leadership.

Oh, and South Korea’s economy is still more open than ours.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 2:59 pm

And Joe Biden, with his cranium filled with scrambled eggs, will become the knight in shining armor destined to save the world. He may not remember where, when or how, but save the world he shall. :D
My guess is that he will hire competent people, if he wins. He can’t hire worse people. I really don’t care about Joe Biden anymore than you care about Trump.
“I wish you would!”
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

You’re criticizing Biden’s cognitive abilities when you support Trump ... a guy who does not read, cannot spell, eats paper, speaks at a 5th grade level, and leads the Party of Stupid?!?

Really???

DocBarrister :roll:
@DocBarrister
Typical Lax Dad

DocBarrister wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 3:04 pm

You’re criticizing Biden’s cognitive abilities when you support Trump ... a guy who does not read, cannot spell, eats paper, speaks at a 5th grade level, and leads the Party of Stupid?!?

Really???

# Defending Trump is His Choice
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 2:24 pm Today's tweet of the day from actor, George Takei (Lt. Sulu from Starship Enterprise), American-born Japanese American citizen who makes an appropriate point on liberty and freedom having been interned in a camp during World War II

George Takei
@GeorgeTakei
·
16h
"I didn't spend my childhood in barbed wire enclosed internment camps so I could listen to grown adults today cry oppression because they have to wear a mask at Costco."

I wonder if George Takei understands that were it not for the Japanese bombing Pearl Harbor he never would have been interred anywhere. I mean no disrespect to good ole George but outside of it being a good idea for all of us to wear masks, I could not care less about what George thinks about anything.
Bob Ross:
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 3:34 pm

George Takei
@GeorgeTakei
·
16h

I wonder if George Takei understands that were it not for the Japanese bombing Pearl Harbor he never would have been interred anywhere. I mean no disrespect to good ole George but outside of it being a good idea for all of us to wear masks, I could not care less about what George thinks about anything.
Wrong, wrong, WRONG.

I think highly of FDR, but his decision to implement the internment of Japanese Americans was based solely on racism.

Germany and Italy declared war on the United States, and we didn’t put German or Italian Americans in prison camps.

@DocBarrister
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 3:04 pm

My guess is that he will hire competent people, if he wins. He can’t hire worse people. I really don’t care about Joe Biden anymore than you care about Trump.
My question to you... are there any competent people left in DC? They must be in hiding somewhere waiting for the dust to settle.
Bob Ross:
njbill

Post by njbill »

DocBarrister wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 3:54 pm Germany and Italy declared war on the United States, and we didn’t put German or Italian Americans in prison camps.
Hmm. Had we done so, one Fred Trump would’ve spent the war in an internment camp. Maybe wifey would’ve left him, and there never would’ve been a Donald. Oh, one can dream.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 11:37 am
Peter Brown wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 9:13 am
CU77 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 5:58 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 5:45 pm I don’t know who to believe! CU77 or the NYT!
If your reading comprehension was better, you would have understood that there's no contradiction at all between what I wrote and what the NYT wrote.

:lol:

May 7th represented the best testing day for Florida since the start of the #COVID19 pandemic. Florida received nearly 20,000 test results, which yielded only 358 new Florida cases and the lowest statewide positivity rate – 1.89% - on record for new cases.

How's your governor doing?
How is my state doing or how is my Governor doing?...different questions.
Maryland has a significant challenge, but Governor Hogan has been meeting it well.
He has credibility.
70% of MD's deaths are in nursing homes.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

DocBarrister wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 3:54 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 3:34 pm

George Takei
@GeorgeTakei
·
16h

Wrong, wrong, WRONG.

I think highly of FDR, but his decision to implement the internment of Japanese Americans was based solely on racism.

Germany and Italy declared war on the United States, and we didn’t put German or Italian Americans in prison camps.

I don't know if this is true but I remember my grandmother talking about the mood of the country shortly after December 7, 1941. There was an enormous rage and angry people wanting retribution against the Japanese living here. On the West coast the safety of many of these Japanese Americans was in great doubt. The fact was possible that angry Americans were going to take out their frustration on any Japanese person they saw. The internment of these Japanese Americans stood against everything we as Americans believe. The sorry excuse is the collective anger and dare say hatred of many Americans made it possible in the first place. I knew several ww2 vets that served in the Pacific theatre and these guys went to their grave with a hatred of all Japanese people that never went away. I can't remember how many times I heard that refrain that the only good Jap is a dead Jap. The Japanese soldier was a fighting man our soldiers could not relate to or understand. These Japanese soldiers would sooner die than surrender and showed no compassion for their enemy. The end result in many cases was our soldiers became equally as brutal and showed an equal lack of compassion. The term the only good Jap was a dead Jap did not evolve without good reason amongst the soldiers that fought against them.
Bob Ross:
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 12:50 pm Image

Daily new U.S. coronavirus cases

May 4 (Monday): 24,713
May 5 (Tuesday): 24,798
May 6 (Wednesday): 25,459
May 7 (Thursday): 29,531
May 8 (Friday): 29,162
Misleading stats -- does not factor in the increase in the numbers tested.

What's the trend in the % of those tested who test + ?

Return to “POLITICS”