Johns Hopkins 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Re: Johns Hopkins 2021

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

Could someone remind me of what the NC$$ tourney sites are for the next 4 or 5 years?

Info on the Quarterfinal sites would be helpful too.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 8:58 pm Could someone remind me of what the NC$$ tourney sites are for the next 4 or 5 years?

Already booking your flights?

Championship weekend will be at UConn in Hartford in 2021 and 2022.

2021 QF sites are Hofstra and Notre Dame. 2022 are Hofstra and Ohio State.

Some head-scratching choices if you ask me. Don't think 2023+ have been announced yet.

Would love to see Homewood hosting some quarterfinals in the near future. Looked like they did a really good job with the women's Final Four last year. Place was packed.

https://www.ncaa.com/championships/lacr ... uture-info
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

HopFan16 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 9:05 pm
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 8:58 pm Could someone remind me of what the NC$$ tourney sites are for the next 4 or 5 years?

Some head-scratching choices if you ask me. Don't think 2023+ have been announced yet.

Would love to see Homewood hosting some quarterfinals in the near future. Looked like they did a really good job with the women's Final Four last year. Place was packed.

It is time to make the enemies worry.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

Hofstra getting the QF’s in perpetuity seemingly was a weird choice. I know they’ve had some huge crowds in the past, the 2014 QF especially, but putting in one place for 6 straight years is a surefire way to lower the demand and interest and last year was one of their lower attendance #’s ever at Hofstra I believe

Ohio State had the 2nd worst attendance # in the last 15 years when they held it back in 2016. Definitely a strange choice to go back.
primitiveskills

Post by primitiveskills »

jrn19 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 9:26 pm

Hofstra getting the QF’s in perpetuity seemingly was a weird choice. I know they’ve had some huge crowds in the past, the 2014 QF especially, but putting in one place for 6 straight years is a surefire way to lower the demand and interest and last year was one of their lower attendance #’s ever at Hofstra I believe

Ohio State had the 2nd worst attendance # in the last 15 years when they held it back in 2016. Definitely a strange choice to go back.
Hofstra having a monopoly on the QF makes no sense to me. They'll draw good crowds, but its already a traditional lacrosse hotbed so it does nothing really to expand and showcase the game. It's also an aggrevation to get there unless you're local. The game is big enough now to spread it to other metropolitan areas where things are really taking off (Atlanta, Denver, Bay Area, Dallas, etc). The attendance draw would be fairly easy and the places would be alot easier to get to for out-of-towners. Only issue is $ for team travel.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

i think you hit on it there at.the end.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

Who picks these site ? Connecticut 🙄. QF sites like Delaware, Navy are underrated. Ohio State playing in a massive empty stadium is not pretty.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Mr3Putt wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 1:42 am Who picks these site ? Connecticut 🙄. QF sites like Delaware, Navy are underrated. Ohio State playing in a massive empty stadium is not pretty.
The target audience isn't you....or I......it's kids. (pre-HS ) Ohio have a youth program? n$aa hires people to sell to youth programs. Mostly doing a mediocre job, at best. But, that could be the pitch. Kids don't show up at Hopkins games.

Any recruiting "showcases" being held around the same time, when Hofstra hosts the quarters? Nearby ;)

The location of Hartford is perfect. Under a Two hour drive from Boston, Vermont, NH, ME, .... ALbany, Fairfield county, etc.
Home of over 100k youth lacrosse players too....

....why is it snowing out?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

TX twitter:

IL’s No. 1 underclass transfer Jared Fernandez, a starting LSM for @CuseMLAX, just let me know that he’ll be joining
@JHUmenslacrosse for his final two years of eligibility. Great addition for the Jays in the middle of the field.

Well done, PM. From recollection, this kid is excellent on the f/o wing.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

One of Cuse's starting LSMs, Jared Fernandez, is transferring to Hop. Has 50 GBs in his last 18 games as a menace on the wings and in the middle of the field. Still have two years of eligibility left.

You simply love to see it.

I wonder if this allows PM to bump Reinson down low where I always felt he'd be better, and use Fernandez and Jaronski at LSM.

https://twitter.com/tyxanders/status/12 ... 5127715840

EDIT: nyjay beat me to it
Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

HopFan16 wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 11:39 am One of Cuse's starting LSMs, Jared Fernandez, is transferring to Hop. Has 50 GBs in his last 18 games as a menace on the wings and in the middle of the field. Still have two years of eligibility left.

You simply love to see it.

I wonder if this allows PM to bump Reinson down low where I always felt he'd be better, and use Fernandez and Jaronski at LSM.

https://twitter.com/tyxanders/status/12 ... 5127715840

EDIT: nyjay beat me to it
Could be the next Pele.
Hoponboard

Post by Hoponboard »

nyjay wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 11:38 am TX twitter:

IL’s No. 1 underclass transfer Jared Fernandez, a starting LSM for @CuseMLAX, just let me know that he’ll be joining
@JHUmenslacrosse for his final two years of eligibility. Great addition for the Jays in the middle of the field.

That’s huge. Helps fill Hop’s greatest area of weakness. Welcome Jared! PM, Coach K and now Fernandez. Pieces are falling in place.
Last edited by Hoponboard on Sat May 09, 2020 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
primitiveskills

Hoponboard wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 12:04 pm

That’s huge. Helps fill Hop’s greatness area of weakness. Welcome Jared! PM, Coach K and now Fernandez. Pieces are falling in place.
He's very good off the ground. Makes us better immediately in an area where it seems like we've been deficient forever (GBs).
Mr. F

Post by Mr. F »

Via Ty Xanders: More Hop news coming shortly. It's a great day to be a jay
primitiveskills

Mr. F wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 1:13 pm Via Ty Xanders: More Hop news coming shortly. It's a great day to be a jay
ab6e5a49378821d2dd325c9a5b68f4cc.jpg
ab6e5a49378821d2dd325c9a5b68f4cc.jpg (15.5 KiB) Viewed 3055 times
Mr. F

Post by Mr. F »

primitiveskills wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 1:43 pm
Mr. F wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 1:13 pm Via Ty Xanders: More Hop news coming shortly. It's a great day to be a jay
ab6e5a49378821d2dd325c9a5b68f4cc.jpg
If you know you know
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

primitiveskills wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 12:40 pm

That’s huge. Helps fill Hop’s greatness area of weakness. Welcome Jared! PM, Coach K and now Fernandez. Pieces are falling in place.
He's very good off the ground. Makes us better immediately in an area where it seems like we've been deficient forever (GBs).
It feels very bizarre, as a Syracuse fan, to see Fernandez transfer. Us SU fans love him and have no idea why he's transferring. He's the exact player that I've been critical of JHU for not recruiting since Pellegrino. In fact, before Pellegrino, the last player like this was Matt Bocklet and he was a transfer. But, no, Pietramala wanted 6'2" guys that he could turn into traffic cones with his complicated schemes. I think this JHU team will be easier to root for, and Fernandez certainly helps with that.
primitiveskills

ohmilax34 wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 1:59 pm

It feels very bizarre, as a Syracuse fan, to see Fernandez transfer. Us SU fans love him and have no idea why he's transferring. He's the exact player that I've been critical of JHU for not recruiting since Pellegrino. In fact, before Pellegrino, the last player like this was Matt Bocklet and he was a transfer. But, no, Pietramala wanted 6'2" guys that he could turn into traffic cones with his complicated schemes. I think this JHU team will be easier to root for, and Fernandez certainly helps with that.
A good point. Koesterer values footwork more than almost any other attribute in a defender. I think you're going to see a different kind of LSM recruited from now on.
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

primitiveskills wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 2:11 pm

A good point. Koesterer values footwork more than almost any other attribute in a defender. I think you're going to see a different kind of LSM recruited from now on.
God, I'm gonna miss Fernandez. Landon Clary is a similar type player, but didn't see a ton of time for SU this season. I think they're bringing in a couple similar players for next season, so hopefully LSM isn't a weakness. If close defense finds a #1 cover guy instead of Kennedy, then he can bump to LSM.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

ohmilax34 wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 2:22 pm
primitiveskills wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 2:11 pm

God, I'm gonna miss Fernandez. Landon Clary is a similar type player, but didn't see a ton of time for SU this season. I think they're bringing in a couple similar players for next season, so hopefully LSM isn't a weakness. If close defense finds a #1 cover guy instead of Kennedy, then he can bump to LSM.
Cornell has a kid coming in for the 2022 season that is just that kind of player. Not the typical “long” ACC type LSM...PM recruited him hard. Terrific on GBs and is a takeaway artist. PM has an eye for talent. He had a pain in the ass defender at Cornell from LI that was always good for one or two chippy penalties a game. He could have played for me any day. Pelligrino type player. JHU will be fine.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”