All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

youthathletics

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by youthathletics »

Who wants to bet that Trump already knows the answer to where it started and how it can be linked back to the 3.7mm funding the BHO admin sent to Wuhan U for study?

Asked last week whether he's seen evidence that would suggest the virus originated in the lab, Trump replied: “Yes, I have.” But he said “I'm not allowed to tell you that” when pressed on what the evidence looked like. Pompeo on Sunday told ABC News that there was an “enormous” and “significant amount of evidence that this came from that laboratory in Wuhan,” the Chinese city where the disease first hit, but he did not provide details.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
RedFromMI

Re: All things COVID-19

Post by RedFromMI »

youthathletics wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 8:30 pm Who wants to bet that Trump already knows the answer to where it started and how it can be linked back to the 3.7mm funding the BHO admin sent to Wuhan U for study?

Asked last week whether he's seen evidence that would suggest the virus originated in the lab, Trump replied: “Yes, I have.” But he said “I'm not allowed to tell you that” when pressed on what the evidence looked like. Pompeo on Sunday told ABC News that there was an “enormous” and “significant amount of evidence that this came from that laboratory in Wuhan,” the Chinese city where the disease first hit, but he did not provide details.
They are gaslighting. The genetic signatures of the disease would have significant differences if engineered - and their is no sign of that. They just want you to think it came as a release from the lab so Trump can have an "anti-China because of the coronovirus" take to sell to the electorate, which is amazing considering all the sucking up he was doing in the first quarter of this year because he was afraid of angering Xi and getting his precious trade deal done.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 8:48 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 8:30 pm Who wants to bet that Trump already knows the answer to where it started and how it can be linked back to the 3.7mm funding the BHO admin sent to Wuhan U for study?

They are gaslighting. The genetic signatures of the disease would have significant differences if engineered - and their is no sign of that. They just want you to think it came as a release from the lab so Trump can have an "anti-China because of the coronovirus" take to sell to the electorate, which is amazing considering all the sucking up he was doing in the first quarter of this year because he was afraid of angering Xi and getting his precious trade deal done.
A friend is convinced China is going to pay for economic impact caused by the virus.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 8:48 pm

Not anyone around here is saying the virus is man made, and for arguments sake....what IF we (the USA) have found a lab engineered marker. You are speaking as if you sequenced it yourself and have seen the results.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
DocBarrister

Performance Review: Trump/Party of Death vs. South Korea

Post by DocBarrister »

South Korea (Gold Standard Response to Coronavirus):

Total cases: 10,810
Total deaths: 256
New cases: 4
New deaths: 1

Trump/Republican Party of Death (Sh*t Standard Response to Coronavirus):

Total cases: 1,263,092
Total deaths: 74,799
New cases: 25,459
New deaths: 2,528

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Both nations had their first confirmed cases on the same day.

South Korea reacted like the emergency that it was.

Trump lied, downplayed the seriousness of the pandemic, and did nothing for more than six weeks.

The results speak for themselves.

This is what happens when you put an incompetent, ignorant, lying moron like Trump in the White House.

We’re headed to well over 100,000 coronavirus deaths. Trump and those who continue to support him are morally culpable for all of those preventable deaths.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 7:42 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 6:32 pm i guess you are welcome to assume that what he writes isn't what he means, really.

i happen to think he's correct. that to have really effective testing (and contact tracing) as a prime weapon, as opposed to a secondary one, we need those kind of numbers.

however, i also think we are nowhere near capable of getting them.
Yeah, I just don't read "targeted" as "all".

I do think what he's suggesting is way, way more testing than we have in the pipeline at this point.
I read him as saying to scale the heck up America.
Get with it NOW.

The rollout of this effort needs to begin with, in addition to known symptomatic cases, medical and other first responders, senior care, etc test and trace. Add to that essential workers in congregated work conditions, test and trace with some regularity. Add to that other high count situations, where lots of different people come into contact with potential spreaders...test and trace...

Layer this up as capacity increases.

Meanwhile, we need to do all the other best practices.

The only justification not to do an enormous effort to scale testing is if we think this going to magically go away.
or if it is so highly transmissible partly because so many are asymptomatic. did you see my link on prisons? thousands. 95% asymptomatic. who are you going to "target"?

btw, c cuomo is on yelling testing, testing, tracing, testing and puts gupta on to put a number on it and he says 20 m per day. good luck!

the virus has evolved or we just didn't see it clearly enough. spreaders are everywhere. heard quite a while ago biggest shedding time is right before or just as symptoms arrive. i guess they meant if there are any.
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
DocBarrister

South Korea Opening Up Economy, Too

Post by DocBarrister »

Like the United States, South Korea is starting to open up their economy.

What was one of the criteria used by the South Korean government to justify opening up their economy? They required new daily cases to remain under 50 for an extended period. Yes, 50 new cases or less each day in a country of more than 50 million. High standard ... and they succeeded in meeting it (28 days and counting). That in a country with much greater interaction with (and exposure to) China than the United States.

https://www.vox.com/2020/5/3/21245594/s ... cing-relax

Meanwhile, the United States is routinely recording more than 25,000 new cases daily (and over 2,000 deaths routinely) and Trump still wants to open up the economy.

Of course, South Korea doesn’t have 60 million people stupid enough to vote for Donald Trump.

So, in that light, we’re probably doing about as well as can be expected.

DocBarrister :? :|
@DocBarrister
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

That was the plan all along- shelter in place, “flatten the curve” Make sure there are beds available in hospitals.

The US has largely done that.

Essential workers have gotten it and developed herd immunity. It’s time for those who were staying home
to get it.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

95326471_10222782782307791_789160855789895680_n.jpg
95326471_10222782782307791_789160855789895680_n.jpg (49.88 KiB) Viewed 1597 times
Typical Lax Dad

6ftstick wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:21 am 95326471_10222782782307791_789160855789895680_n.jpg
How long did it last? 6-7 months?
“I wish you would!”
CU88

Post by CU88 »

AP Exclusive: Admin shelves CDC guide to reopening country

https://apnews.com/7a00d5fba3249e573d2ead4bd323a4d4

A set of detailed documents created by the nation’s top disease investigators meant to give step-by-step advice to local leaders deciding when and how to reopen public places such as mass transit, day care centers and restaurants during the still-raging pandemic has been shelved by the Trump administration.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 4:35 pm So what she is spouting is not telling anyone to do anything. It isn’t espousing any answers, but It is a different perspective, that questions the voracity of what WHO and CDC are saying and questions a lot of what the mainstream media is saying.

Why does it keep getting axed? Across many platforms? That is also the troubling part.

What's the deal with this video being deleted? I watched it; it isn't offensive in any manner whatsoever. What is the deal?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

wgdsr wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 9:53 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 7:42 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 6:32 pm i guess you are welcome to assume that what he writes isn't what he means, really.

i happen to think he's correct. that to have really effective testing (and contact tracing) as a prime weapon, as opposed to a secondary one, we need those kind of numbers.

however, i also think we are nowhere near capable of getting them.
Yeah, I just don't read "targeted" as "all".

I do think what he's suggesting is way, way more testing than we have in the pipeline at this point.
I read him as saying to scale the heck up America.
Get with it NOW.

The rollout of this effort needs to begin with, in addition to known symptomatic cases, medical and other first responders, senior care, etc test and trace. Add to that essential workers in congregated work conditions, test and trace with some regularity. Add to that other high count situations, where lots of different people come into contact with potential spreaders...test and trace...

Layer this up as capacity increases.

Meanwhile, we need to do all the other best practices.

The only justification not to do an enormous effort to scale testing is if we think this going to magically go away.
or if it is so highly transmissible partly because so many are asymptomatic. did you see my link on prisons? thousands. 95% asymptomatic. who are you going to "target"?

btw, c cuomo is on yelling testing, testing, tracing, testing and puts gupta on to put a number on it and he says 20 m per day. good luck!

the virus has evolved or we just didn't see it clearly enough. spreaders are everywhere. heard quite a while ago biggest shedding time is right before or just as symptoms arrive. i guess they meant if there are any.
Fair argument. Indeed, if we test enough to find that huge % of people have previously contracted and were asymptomatic, and we find that they cannot re-contract and become carriers again, we can slow down testing as a key measure.

But yeah, we COULD do 20 million tests per day if we really wanted to do so.
I don't see that as necessary for targeted, more like 5 million.

Of course, what matters is for the virus to be beaten down to a lower level in order to make that possible.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:08 am
That was the plan all along- shelter in place, “flatten the curve” Make sure there are beds available in hospitals.

The US has largely done that.

Essential workers have gotten it and developed herd immunity. It’s time for those who were staying home
to get it.
Have essential workers actually developed 'herd immunity'?
Could you provide some data on that?

I read this a little differently.
Sounds to me that despite trying to stay away from the virus some folks haven't been able to completely do so and it has sent them into the hospital, some to die.

What will happen when all those start actually not trying to stay away?

The demographic data appears to suggest that where the virus has struck hardest among those attempting to stay away is in communities with high % of essential workers who bring it home or into their proximate, dense communities. Lower income workers especially.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:26 am
6ftstick wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:21 am 95326471_10222782782307791_789160855789895680_n.jpg
Guess experts knew at the start that only 100K would die. And it would only last 7 months. Why worry?
Typical Lax Dad

6ftstick wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:11 am
Guess experts knew at the start that only 100K would die. And it would only last 7 months. Why worry?
You didn’t answer a simple question.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:16 am
Let me help you, 6ft.
That pandemic looked and felt like a bad flu, something that varies year to year, but is pretty darn inevitably going to come and go.
It turned out to be worse than just a bad flu, 1.5-3X worse.
But no real risk of overwhelmed hospital systems.

This one had clear dynamics that were way, way worse.
Much faster spread, much more deadly fast.

That was obvious out of the gate, at least if you were listening to the scientists, watching what was happening in Wuhan.

And weren't trying desperately to ignore it. Ostrich.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:34 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:16 am
Let me help you, 6ft.
That pandemic looked and felt like a bad flu, something that varies year to year, but is pretty darn inevitably going to come and go.
It turned out to be worse than just a bad flu, 1.5-3X worse.
But no real risk of overwhelmed hospital systems.

This one had clear dynamics that were way, way worse.
Much faster spread, much more deadly fast.

That was obvious out of the gate, at least if you were listening to the scientists, watching what was happening in Wuhan.

And weren't trying desperately to ignore it. Ostrich.
And there were no "flu" tests available in 1969. So a lot of the determination of the depth of the problem were after the fact - looking at excess mortality.

Return to “POLITICS”