JUST the Stolen Documents/Mar-A-Lago/"Judge" Cannon Trial

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
LandM

Re: The Politics of National Security

Post by LandM »

MD,
Here is YOUR problem and I suggest you and TLD et al seek help. I DID NOT VOTE FOR THE GUY. I DO NOT LIKE THE GUY PERIOD. Whether I like it or NOT he is duly elected and you clown car guys cannot seem to get over it to the POINT whereby every flipping thread out here is bashing the guy. Get over yourself and your hatred, last I checked this was a forum to speak about issues not further degrade a guy you hate. Some people to your shock and awe voted for him. I guess you never did business based on the fact that momma wears the business pants that you said no more? I have and it was fun. Go start a business w/o momma and see how you like it. In the interim, learn about the military, how it works and no you do not get a redo on who the flipping President is - grow up.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:50 am
LandM wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:34 am TLD,
I was 15 years old when the guy graduated USMA. BTW, there are enough graduates out there that will tell you whatever you want to hear. Read through the chaff. Take a poll of the cadets and ask them what they think. Your laser focus on hatred of one guy is absolutely amazing. Amazing, Amazing, and even more Amazing. Take a poll of the cadets, you all seem to want to do everything by social media. You have hated the guy for 30 years, what did he steal your Wheaties box, take your lunch money, you do not even know the guy is my bet and it does not matter if he took your last nickel, grow up. It is tradition, an honor and privilege to walk that stage and I guarantee flipping tell you this class will regret that experience. We got our butter bars the night before Reagan spoke, Instead of getting drunk with our family we had to report back to our bunks by 1200 hours so we would be sober unless Reagan did something that was an anomaly which he did - HE SHOOK ALL OF OUR HANDS. And if you read your history book Reagan was re-elected in November 1984 - so I guess I was a prop in June of 1984. Yep, I was your prop. Man, grow up.
Pretty sure TLD or I or anyone else in this discussion would agree that Reagan actually viewed the Cadets and the military in general with respect.

But Trump does not. He sees them as a prop, as a possible fanbase.

See the difference?

Maybe the one who needs to "grow up" is you.

"But Trump does not. He sees them as a prop, as a possible fanbase."

I would certainly hope that is not true. I would not put it out of the realm of possibility for him to do so. I remember Bill Clinton as a yute saying those words about how he "loathed" the military. I never really took him serious when he then had to pretend as the militaries CiC that he then appreciated what they do. A cynical person could claim Bill Clinton was also using them as props, he had no other choice. You can't lead them and hate them at the same time. :roll:

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontlin ... etter.html I had never read the entire letter before. It is interesting how being willing to be drafted, by his own admission, was to protect his political viability.
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
LandM

Post by LandM »

MD,
I did my growing up. You took lax balls at 100 mph my last 3.5 years, there was jerk coming way faster, and they were much deadlier. I grew up very quickly the first time it happened. BTW you become numb after 3.5 years to it. What happens if he gets re-elected again, you gonna cry to momma.

OS - I if you got this far - did you ever know I Buzzy and I cannot remember his last name. USNA grad, played ball and retired as an Admiral (I think). I was given a fly suit he wore and gave it back to his family via mail upon his death. Anyway I was just wondering.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

LandM wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:52 am MD,
Here is YOUR problem and I suggest you and TLD et al seek help. I DID NOT VOTE FOR THE GUY. I DO NOT LIKE THE GUY PERIOD. Whether I like it or NOT he is duly elected and you clown car guys cannot seem to get over it to the POINT whereby every flipping thread out here is bashing the guy. Get over yourself and your hatred, last I checked this was a forum to speak about issues not further degrade a guy you hate. Some people to your shock and awe voted for him. I guess you never did business based on the fact that momma wears the business pants that you said no more? I have and it was fun. Go start a business w/o momma and see how you like it. In the interim, learn about the military, how it works and no you do not get a redo on who the flipping President is - grow up.
Again, your behavior is juvenile LandM.

but ok, I'll play for a moment.

First, who did you vote for in 2016?
You've told us a bunch of times in these threads that you plan to vote for him in 2020.

If you don't like the guy, why does it bother you so much that when he does something stupid, dishonest, venal etc he gets criticized?

Don't you like being an American?
Here's some advice, stop whining about Trump getting criticized.
He asked for the gig. Comes with the turf.

"I guess you never did business based on"... what???
"Go start a business w/o momma and see how you like it" what?

Whacko.

And, finally, yeah, we do get a redo of who is President.
Grow up
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MD, I never payed close enough attention to your avatar to realize you spent your time between the pipes. My son was a goalie in HS and briefly in college before he turned to Rugby. I can remember him taking shots off his shins that made me cringe. When I would ask him about it and say doesn't that freaking hurt, he would just shrug and say, you don't feel the pain after a few dozen times. You goalies are truly crazy, many props to you for facing all those bullets.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:58 am
I was 15 years old when the guy graduated USMA. BTW, there are enough graduates out there that will tell you whatever you want to hear. Read through the chaff. Take a poll of the cadets and ask them what they think. Your laser focus on hatred of one guy is absolutely amazing. Amazing, Amazing, and even more Amazing. Take a poll of the cadets, you all seem to want to do everything by social media. You have hated the guy for 30 years, what did he steal your Wheaties box, take your lunch money, you do not even know the guy is my bet and it does not matter if he took your last nickel, grow up. It is tradition, an honor and privilege to walk that stage and I guarantee flipping tell you this class will regret that experience. We got our butter bars the night before Reagan spoke, Instead of getting drunk with our family we had to report back to our bunks by 1200 hours so we would be sober unless Reagan did something that was an anomaly which he did - HE SHOOK ALL OF OUR HANDS. And if you read your history book Reagan was re-elected in November 1984 - so I guess I was a prop in June of 1984. Yep, I was your prop. Man, grow up.
Pretty sure TLD or I or anyone else in this discussion would agree that Reagan actually viewed the Cadets and the military in general with respect.

See the difference?

I would certainly hope that is not true. I would not put it out of the realm of possibility for him to do so. I remember Bill Clinton as a yute saying those words about how he "loathed" the military. I never really took him serious when he then had to pretend as the militaries CiC that he then appreciated what they do. A cynical person could claim Bill Clinton was also using them as props, he had no other choice. You can't lead them and hate them at the same time. :roll:
I had that criticism of Clinton as well.
Such a stark contrast with his predecessor.

Clinton had the good sense, however, to not actually make campaign speeches in front of the troops. That's not a defense of Clinton, simply that he had the insight that it would not be the right posture.

He may or may not have actually come to understand the importance of honoring those willing to put their lives on the line for their country. I hope so.

I would also observe that Clinton may well have been talking about the 'military' that put out such despicable lies about the progress in Vietnam, as exposed in the Pentagon Papers. different era.

But yeah, I had that criticism of Clinton too.

As I did for those who spat on returning soldiers.
Awful. To me it would require a lot of self-reflection and change in view to redeem those folks.
I do think some of those have since regretted it.

Trump, however, has this flaw on steroids. Not only did he falsely and cowardly avoid service, he actually despises key principles of the military, their discipline, their self sacrifice, their sense of duty and honor.

And he thinks he's smarter, more important than they are.
They're mere pawns to him. An audience. A show.

His ONLY motivation in life is the satisfaction of his ego and lusts.
LandM

Post by LandM »

MD,
I will just start calling you numbhead. So in my simple way:
1. How do you get away with posting so much if you actually have a job? I am retired at 59 so if you are working for mommy - does mommy know about your posting habits?;
2. I did not vote for the guy - grow-up 1;
3. I was called a traitor out here as I did NOT caste a vote for anyone out here in 2016 - posted that many times - reading comprehension - grow-up 2;
4. You know absolutely nothing about the military - grow up 3;
5. Whether i like the guy or not - he is the President - you do not like it - there are some awesome beautiful beaches in the Horn of Africa - give it a whirl tough guy - you do not have the nads - grow-up 4;
6. I still have friends and classmates that wear a bunch of stars on their shoulders - can you name 1 of your classmates - grow-up 5;
I guess I should stop - you are IMHO a dhead and so are your little buddies. But go ahead and speak your mind, I have three buddies who gave you that right.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:18 am

See the difference?

Clinton had the good sense, however, to not actually make campaign speeches in front of the troops. That's not a defense of Clinton, simply that he had the insight that it would not be the right posture.

He may or may not have actually come to understand the importance of honoring those willing to put their lives on the line for their country. I hope so.

I would also observe that Clinton may well have been talking about the 'military' that put out such despicable lies about the progress in Vietnam, as exposed in the Pentagon Papers. different era.

Awful. To me it would require a lot of self-reflection and change in view to redeem those folks.

Trump, however, has this flaw on steroids. Not only did he falsely and cowardly avoid service, he actually despises key principles of the military, their discipline, their self sacrifice, their sense of duty and honor.

"I would also observe that Clinton may well have been talking about the 'military' that put out such despicable lies about the progress in Vietnam, as exposed in the Pentagon Papers. different era."

I would agree with that analogy 100%. There were aspects of the upper echelon leadership of the US Army that was an abomination to me and my fellow soldiers. I am certain that at some point Clinton clarified what he meant. As POTUS it is a tough go to have to back track on a statement like that. I have never taken seriously those stories of vets being spit on. The NCOs I served under that were all combat vets of Vietnam were not the type of person you would spit on without finding yourself spitting out teeth.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:10 am MD, I never payed close enough attention to your avatar to realize you spent your time between the pipes. My son was a goalie in HS and briefly in college before he turned to Rugby. I can remember him taking shots off his shins that made me cringe. When I would ask him about it and say doesn't that freaking hurt, he would just shrug and say, you don't feel the pain after a few dozen times. You goalies are truly crazy, many props to you for facing all those bullets.
There are far more dangerous bullets, of course. Balls in a game.

Yes, you do need a certain mentality to absorb pain.

The nuance I'd add to your son's response is that when it matters most to stop the ball, the adrenaline and joy of making the save overcomes the pain sensation.

Games were easy, very rare to actually notice any pain.

Practices in the freezing cold of February, games weeks away, not so easy! Especially 'shooting drills', goalie just there to make the shooter beat him. Fodder.

Trick was to find a way to bring that adrenaline to the fore. For me, it was to find a way to 'compete' in as many moments as possible.

Same for wrestling. Constant, grueling pain, all in preparation for 6 mins on Friday nights in front of a packed gym, one on one. Success or failure. So, find all the little moments to 'compete' during the preparation.

Have to make pain your friend.

I played football the same way, then Cross Country when I had a separated shoulder.

I had very limited athletic talent, so this was my path to getting the most out of those talents.

Goaltending seems to have been 'in the blood'. My dad was a 3X All American goalie and on a national champion, captain his senior year. I was a 2X, MVP etc. Son was All-Ivy. But I didn't switch to the net until 8th grade when others started growing bigger, faster than me. I'd been the stud center midfielder for years, but seemingly overnight others were bypassing me physically. My son made the switch from being a defenseman same age, in his case because the star tender had taken some shots to the chest and decided to switch to attack. My son didn't think they would win another game if he didn't step up.

The other aspect of being a tender that I think is actually harder than the pain is the reality that there's so much failure. So many shots go in! So, the mental toughness to flush the prior moment and to re-focus on the task at hand, loose and confident...that's the hardest part.

I don't think there's an equivalency with military training and actual battle... and sports, but I do imagine that some of the same processes are at play. Training is a grind, grueling and painful, so finding ways to bring the adrenaline in the moment and a commitment to the objective is critical. And when actual battle occurs, all 'pain' fades in the moment, in fighting for the guy next to you, for the objective.

Make sense?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:26 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:18 am

See the difference?

"I would also observe that Clinton may well have been talking about the 'military' that put out such despicable lies about the progress in Vietnam, as exposed in the Pentagon Papers. different era."

I would agree with that analogy 100%. There were aspects of the upper echelon leadership of the US Army that was an abomination to me and my fellow soldiers. I am certain that at some point Clinton clarified what he meant. As POTUS it is a tough go to have to back track on a statement like that. I have never taken seriously those stories of vets being spit on. The NCOs I served under that were all combat vets of Vietnam were not the type of person you would spit on without finding yourself spitting out teeth.
yeah, I don't know whether people were actually hocking loogeys (sp?) but certainly there was plenty of film of crowds of protestors in airports with returning soldiers, spittle flying as they screamed insults. Ugly stuff, ticked me off as I identified with the soldiers, had assumed I'd enlist and go to Vietnam. Missed it by just a couple of years. Thank god.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

LandM wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:18 am MD,
I will just start calling you numbhead. So in my simple way:
1. How do you get away with posting so much if you actually have a job? I am retired at 59 so if you are working for mommy - does mommy know about your posting habits?;
2. I did not vote for the guy - grow-up 1;
3. I was called a traitor out here as I did NOT caste a vote for anyone out here in 2016 - posted that many times - reading comprehension - grow-up 2;
4. You know absolutely nothing about the military - grow up 3;
5. Whether i like the guy or not - he is the President - you do not like it - there are some awesome beautiful beaches in the Horn of Africa - give it a whirl tough guy - you do not have the nads - grow-up 4;
6. I still have friends and classmates that wear a bunch of stars on their shoulders - can you name 1 of your classmates - grow-up 5;
I guess I should stop - you are IMHO a dhead and so are your little buddies. But go ahead and speak your mind, I have three buddies who gave you that right.
I honor your buddies' and their families' sacrifice.

You and I will have to disagree...I think you're stuck in juvenile mode, you think I'm a numbhead.

Enjoy your trailer rides.
America is a beautiful country. Perhaps on that we can agree.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:46 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:10 am MD, I never payed close enough attention to your avatar to realize you spent your time between the pipes. My son was a goalie in HS and briefly in college before he turned to Rugby. I can remember him taking shots off his shins that made me cringe. When I would ask him about it and say doesn't that freaking hurt, he would just shrug and say, you don't feel the pain after a few dozen times. You goalies are truly crazy, many props to you for facing all those bullets.
There are far more dangerous bullets, of course. Balls in a game.

Yes, you do need a certain mentality to absorb pain.

The nuance I'd add to your son's response is that when it matters most to stop the ball, the adrenaline and joy of making the save overcomes the pain sensation.

Games were easy, very rare to actually notice any pain.

Practices in the freezing cold of February, games weeks away, not so easy! Especially 'shooting drills', goalie just there to make the shooter beat him. Fodder.

Trick was to find a way to bring that adrenaline to the fore. For me, it was to find a way to 'compete' in as many moments as possible.

Same for wrestling. Constant, grueling pain, all in preparation for 6 mins on Friday nights in front of a packed gym, one on one. Success or failure. So, find all the little moments to 'compete' during the preparation.

Have to make pain your friend.

I played football the same way, then Cross Country when I had a separated shoulder.

I had very limited athletic talent, so this was my path to getting the most out of those talents.

Goaltending seems to have been 'in the blood'. My dad was a 3X All American goalie and on a national champion, captain his senior year. I was a 2X, MVP etc. Son was All-Ivy. But I didn't switch to the net until 8th grade when others started growing bigger, faster than me. I'd been the stud center midfielder for years, but seemingly overnight others were bypassing me physically. My son made the switch from being a defenseman same age, in his case because the star tender had taken some shots to the chest and decided to switch to attack. My son didn't think they would win another game if he didn't step up.

The other aspect of being a tender that I think is actually harder than the pain is the reality that there's so much failure. So many shots go in! So, the mental toughness to flush the prior moment and to re-focus on the task at hand, loose and confident...that's the hardest part.

I don't think there's an equivalency with military training and actual battle... and sports, but I do imagine that some of the same processes are at play. Training is a grind, grueling and painful, so finding ways to bring the adrenaline in the moment and a commitment to the objective is critical. And when actual battle occurs, all 'pain' fades in the moment, in fighting for the guy next to you, for the objective.

Make sense?
It makes sense to me. My son was much better with a long pole. He was a ground ball magnet. He wanted to be between the pipes. I remember the shouts from the stands after a goal.. " come on keeper, you gotta stop that shot" Goalie is a lonely job, especially if your long poles can't clear the ball. His coach would say you have to be a little crazy to want to do it. My son loved the challenge. How he ever chose rugby is beyond me. You gotta love the pain.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:42 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:04 pm
LandM wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:57 pm TLD.
Here we go again. You like to mimic Patton. Guess what, look in the archives, he did not pass a math class 3 times. They gave him a hall pass and he graduated because they thought he would be a great military officer and general. Could you do that today - nope. You and MD and CU and Kismet have your heads so far up a carnal caveaty that you can not think. Can we just agree that I did not vote for the guy and I would appreciate an adult in the room. But your blind hatred takes away what a bunch of young people did and accomplished. I am assuming youth has a lax player at USNA. Give the damn kid a break. You and others are so driven by hatred that you are leaving the forest for the trees.
I hate the guy..... Not liked him for 30+ years. I will readily admit it. I am not a hypocrite. Things like using these cadets as campaign props is a good example of why I don’t like the guy. Has never thought about anyone but himself. His kids finally came around to suck his blood when they became adults. You ever see him with his kids when they were young? You ever see him with his young son?
Is it okay to refer to TLD as old "blood and guts" ? :D
I have not seen blood and guts. Only blood and brains.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Typical Lax Dad

LandM wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:04 pm TLD,
Every military graduate walks across the stage - if you HAD done it, you would have known that. You are your side kicks just keep digging a whole. You are with your BFF's have no idea what you are speaking of. You hate a guy who IS your President and him speaking at a graduation is a SPECIAL event. Park the ego dude.
Dude I said many students earn the “honor and privilege” but not every institution’s graduation ceremony involves walking across the stage. Where did I indicate I was talking about military academies? Read what is on the screen.

Ask any parent with a senior college student at home that missing graduation is no big deal because they didn’t earn it. It’s nice that Cadet’s will have a ceremony. It’s only because it’s campaign season and Trump wants the visual. I was just giving you a piece of information about walking across the stage. Not every institution does that. And no I didn’t graduate from a military academy.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LandM

Post by LandM »

Hey MD,
Juvenile.....I will take that as a compliment. Google Admiral McRaven's speech at UT. He is someone you all should be doing hosinn'as to as he hates your boy. His speech was 18 minutes long and the first few were about him not remembering who his commencement speaker was as he was drunk. BUT he was commissioned and went to SEAL training right after. You are blinded by hatred and no nothing about tradition.

BTW, been in every state and continent and 75% plus or minus one or two countries. Swing and a miss. If you want an experience that sucks and lasts a lifetime, go tell parents that JR. is coming to meet his maker. You tell me if Dartmouth or a D3 school taught you that humbleness.

Now get back to working for momma :lol:
Typical Lax Dad

LM

What are your thoughts on this?

https://www.channel3000.com/i/at-west-p ... -the-risk/

This person needs to grow up?
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

LandM wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:56 am Hey MD,
Juvenile.....I will take that as a compliment. Google Admiral McRaven's speech at UT. He is someone you all should be doing hosinn'as to as he hates your boy. His speech was 18 minutes long and the first few were about him not remembering who his commencement speaker was as he was drunk. BUT he was commissioned and went to SEAL training right after. You are blinded by hatred and no nothing about tradition.

BTW, been in every state and continent and 75% plus or minus one or two countries. Swing and a miss. If you want an experience that sucks and lasts a lifetime, go tell parents that JR. is coming to meet his maker. You tell me if Dartmouth or a D3 school taught you that humbleness.

Now get back to working for momma :lol:
What's this "working for momma" stuff? Are we 12?
LandM

Post by LandM »

Sea,
I am 59.
You and those are acting like 12. SO you grow-up please.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

LandM wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:25 am Sea,
I am 59.
You and those are acting like 12. SO you grow-up please.
You might need to check your medications.
LandM

Post by LandM »

You et al should check your TDS - you and others embarrass yourself. You are another well known poster that hates DT. Check tradition and get back to me.

Return to “POLITICS”