All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

jhu72

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Jim Malone wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:39 pm WTH happened to y'all. LaxPower used to be way more civil than this joint.
America used to be more civil. America used to be more intellectual honest. We live in a unique time. At least in my lifetime, we've never had a president like this. We've only recently had communication channels (websites, social media, live streams, etc.) like this.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:35 am
6ftstick wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:21 am
jhu72 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:19 am
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:07 am
jhu72 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:48 am Peanut Butters, what ever happened to the lame ass story of yours about the Arizona lady who took chloroquine phosphate, being a democratic donor?? :lol: :lol: Not a single reputable source is reporting it. NOT EVEN FOX NEWS!!

How's the swimming in the shallow end of the gene pool?? :lol:

It's lukewarm. Yours?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/arizon ... p-democrat
Typical RIGHT WING BS. Fox doesn't claim they checked the story out. They only quote the original BS Washington Beacon story. Tell the lie offering the source of the lie as an authoritative source. :lol: :lol: Washington Beacon = Daily Goebbels. :lol:
Sounds like they're acting like CNN MSDNC WAPO AND NYT's

Ah ha ha ha. That fish tank cleaner lady that JHU72 and Brook swore was tellin’ that Democrat truth of Orange Man Bad told us?!

Under investigation for murdering her hubby!!! :lol: :lol:

https://freebeacon.com/coronavirus/poli ... phosphate/

Wonder if the MSM that promoted the hoax will retract? They’ll wait for the guilty verdict in a year I suppose to even mention it again!

Per Washington Beacon --

UPDATE, April 29, 11:17 A.M.: After publication, a spokesman for the Mesa City Police Department told the Free Beacon that it is "normal protocol" for the department to investigate "all death cases (other than obvious natural causes)" and that the death "has not been ruled a homicide at this time."

Totally as expected. Just another bite at running the same old BS story. :roll: ... that no one else is following up with their own reporting. Even Faux News is just regurgitating this silliness. :roll:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:56 am Oxford University says vaccine in September.
Which would be wildly good news, though the kinds of widespread availability for a vaccine to actually matter for the general public would take many months longer.

Who gets the first 2 million shots?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:03 pm
Jim Malone wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:39 pm WTH happened to y'all. LaxPower used to be way more civil than this joint.
America used to be more civil. America used to be more intellectual honest. We live in a unique time. At least in my lifetime, we've never had a president like this. We've only recently had communication channels (websites, social media, live streams, etc.) like this.
Exactly.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:41 am ...I'm with Jim that posters are being uncivil at an alarmingly increasing rate on these threads recently... I'm generally fine with ripping our elected officials on a Politics thread, but I'd like the rips to be substantive and be a good faith attempt to be accurate and truthful... But trolling merely to inflame, using purposely inaccurate information?... And tearing into one another in wild screeds? Really bad.
Obviously this isn't unique to FanLax. We see this all over the nation, the world. There's always been Left vs. Right, Rep vs. Dem, etc. But how this, to be kind, discussion manifests itself today is very different than how it has manifested itself in our lifetimes. Any theories why?
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:07 pm Who gets the first 2 million shots?
Medical folk, for obvious reasons, and then... $ and Power. Top of the $ pyramid, politicians, etc.
Caddy Day
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

calourie wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:50 am
Cooter wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:30 am I'm guessing that we have another month of lockdown coming up in Maryland.
I haven't seen anything official, but the due dates on the materials I have out from the library jumped up to June 1st.

:( Woe is me.
Listening to Cuomo's morning report this AM, in which he just pointed out that Germany eased its' restrictions and saw a 40% rise in infections so they are backing off. Not the best of news from a country with a far lower infections rate than ours.
I am waiting to be amused at the idiot governors who are talking about or have started backing off. :roll:
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Doctors with thousands of Covid patients.

Youtube took down this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW_2mWB ... X5uyJcIsUs
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:07 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:56 am Oxford University says vaccine in September.
Which would be wildly good news, though the kinds of widespread availability for a vaccine to actually matter for the general public would take many months longer.

Hopefully all the senior citizens that gen-x and younger generations are willing to throw to the wolves because they're tired of having to home school their children and wear masks to the super market.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

My wife tells me that her organization's patient satisfaction surveys are off the charts in favor of patient tele-visits. This will change medicine going forward. I am not surprised, but I think a lot of folks in frontline medicine are likely to be.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:09 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:41 am ...I'm with Jim that posters are being uncivil at an alarmingly increasing rate on these threads recently... I'm generally fine with ripping our elected officials on a Politics thread, but I'd like the rips to be substantive and be a good faith attempt to be accurate and truthful... But trolling merely to inflame, using purposely inaccurate information?... And tearing into one another in wild screeds? Really bad.
Obviously this isn't unique to FanLax. We see this all over the nation, the world. There's always been Left vs. Right, Rep vs. Dem, etc. But how this, to be kind, discussion manifests itself today is very different than how it has manifested itself in our lifetimes. Any theories why?
Anonymity is a big factor.
So much of our 'discourse' is anonymous.

Communications technology is accelerating (Moore's Law) way, way faster than social norms can keep up.

Digital technology has fragmented traditional media into a mad race for eyeballs and reactions, where the 'rewards' accrue to the most inflammatory rather than the most trustworthy.

In entertainment, we see the rise of celebrity over accomplishment, indeed the "Real World", "Jersey Shore" "Housewives" etc etc effect, with every absurd flavor of whacko becoming a celebrity...look here me, notice me!

News as infotainment, eyeballs and reaction.

And so, 'politicians' seek power and control through these channels, recognizing that what inflames wins the day.

Or at least that's been the case up until this pandemic.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:19 pm

Hopefully all the senior citizens that gen-x and younger generations are willing to throw to the wolves because they're tired of having to home school their children and wear masks to the super market.
After medical folks, that would indeed be a rational distribution...anyone betting on that?
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:03 pm
yep
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
a fan

Post by a fan »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:19 pm

First responders and Health Care workers. Obviously. That's who gets the first shots.

Oh, but not before the 1%ers, of course.
a fan

Post by a fan »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:16 pm Doctors with thousands of Covid patients.

Youtube took down the video that's on Youtube? What?

Setting aside the validity of the numbers he is citing for a moment, you and the good doctor are both forgetting something.

The entire world shut down to get the death rate down equal to the flu.

So---what does that tell you? Anything?
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Health care workers
First responders of all types
Transportation workers with passenger contact

Not sure there is any left beyond that (or that you would not run out before this list is exhausted)

Need a lot more to really make a difference
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

calourie wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:50 am
Cooter wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:30 am I'm guessing that we have another month of lockdown coming up in Maryland.
I haven't seen anything official, but the due dates on the materials I have out from the library jumped up to June 1st.

:( Woe is me.
Listening to Cuomo's morning report this AM, in which he just pointed out that Germany eased its' restrictions and saw a 40% rise in infections so they are backing off. Not the best of news from a country with a far lower infections rate than ours.
Actually one would expect some sort of rise.
As Germany has a lower infection rate, that means they would have less people who have immunity towards the disease, and could have a higher percent rise than NY.

This could go on all summer with people like Cuomo in charge.

People need to start protesting!
Last edited by Cooter on Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live Free or Die!
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

a fan wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:24 pm
6ftstick wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:16 pm Doctors with thousands of Covid patients.

Youtube took down the video that's on Youtube? What?

Setting aside the validity of the numbers he is citing for a moment, you and the good doctor are both forgetting something.

The entire world shut down to get the death rate down equal to the flu.

So---what does that tell you? Anything?
And the death rate is only equal to the flu in the sense that the total dead (60K officially, likely 100K in reality) is near the total for the flu in a BAD year - but this is in 5-6 weeks (3 months if you are generous for US numbers). And it will continue to climb - and faster if they get their way. Very biased and ill-informed viewpoint.

Return to “POLITICS”