All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

youthathletics

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:49 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:32 pm
wgdsr wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:26 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:10 pm This is disheartening. Women screaming and crying in New York street, explaining she has had to live with a deceased body for 4 days....screaming at Mayor DeBliasio.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_i2jgZHK31 ... s91gpnh258
she doesn't say 4 days, she says for days. a quibble.
if it's true, it's another tragedy.
diblasio is just another con man.
Heart wrenching.
Happens every flu season. Boy, Fauci really missed this one. He has no clue. Open up the economy.
Glad you agree finally.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:00 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:10 pm This is disheartening. Women screaming and crying in New York street, explaining she has had to live with a deceased body for 4 days....screaming at Mayor DeBliasio.

Heart wrenching.
Happens every flu season. Boy, Fauci really missed this one. He has no clue. Open up the economy.
Glad you agree finally.
Yep. I was wrong about you too.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:06 pm

Heart wrenching.
Glad you agree finally.
Tu Pac would like to say something to you... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t4mUvop0NoM 😉
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:32 pm

Heart wrenching.
Glad you agree finally.
Tu Pac would like to say something to you... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t4mUvop0NoM 😉
Much better

I was wrong about you.
“I wish you would!”
Jim Malone

Post by Jim Malone »

United we stand, divided we fall!

We are fubarred based upon small sampling of this forum.

WTH happened to y'all.

LaxPower used to be way more civil than this joint.

Civil discourse is supposed to be civil, not derogatory for crying out loud!

:evil: :twisted: :roll:
The parent, not the coach.
Typical Lax Dad

Jim Malone wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:39 pm United we stand, divided we fall!

WTH happened to y'all.

:evil: :twisted: :roll:
Isn’t that a Pink Floyd lyric?
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

6ftstick wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:21 am
jhu72 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:19 am
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:07 am
jhu72 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:48 am Peanut Butters, what ever happened to the lame ass story of yours about the Arizona lady who took chloroquine phosphate, being a democratic donor?? :lol: :lol: Not a single reputable source is reporting it. NOT EVEN FOX NEWS!!

How's the swimming in the shallow end of the gene pool?? :lol:

It's lukewarm. Yours?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/arizon ... p-democrat
Typical RIGHT WING BS. Fox doesn't claim they checked the story out. They only quote the original BS Washington Beacon story. Tell the lie offering the source of the lie as an authoritative source. :lol: :lol: Washington Beacon = Daily Goebbels. :lol:
Sounds like they're acting like CNN MSDNC WAPO AND NYT's

Ah ha ha ha. That fish tank cleaner lady that JHU72 and Brook swore was tellin’ that Democrat truth of Orange Man Bad told us?!

Under investigation for murdering her hubby!!! :lol: :lol:

https://freebeacon.com/coronavirus/poli ... phosphate/

Wonder if the MSM that promoted the hoax will retract? They’ll wait for the guilty verdict in a year I suppose to even mention it again!
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:36 pm

Heart wrenching.
Glad you agree finally.
Much better

I was wrong about you.
Appreciate the compliment...the theme of that, btw, is to not buy in to everything fed to us, to be critical thinkers.

Don't wanna be an American idiot
One nation controlled by the media
Information Age of hysteria
It's calling out to idiot America
~Livy

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Turn off Fox?
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

Not to break the mood with a serious question, but can someone explain how hard immunity is supposed to work with COVID? I hear it mentioned, especially by those who want to open the economy quickly, as the hope for the future, but when I hear it mentioned it sounds like it is being trotted out by someone who learned the term back in 9th grade bio. Wouldn't the possibility for herd immunity be rooted in the fact that you can't be reinfected? Isnt that unfounded at this point? Why don't we have herd immunity from the common cold, another coronavirus? I suppose we would have immunity if there were a vaccine, but that is a long way off and that would seem to be different than herd immunity as people usually talk about it.
These are real questions ... if someone could explain or post a link to an explanation, I'd appreciate it. Just trying to separate wishful thinking from reality.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Laxgunea wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:24 am Not to break the mood with a serious question, but can someone explain how hard immunity is supposed to work with COVID? I hear it mentioned, especially by those who want to open the economy quickly, as the hope for the future, but when I hear it mentioned it sounds like it is being trotted out by someone who learned the term back in 9th grade bio. Wouldn't the possibility for herd immunity be rooted in the fact that you can't be reinfected? Isnt that unfounded at this point? Why don't we have herd immunity from the common cold, another coronavirus? I suppose we would have immunity if there were a vaccine, but that is a long way off and that would seem to be different than herd immunity as people usually talk about it.
These are real questions ... if someone could explain or post a link to an explanation, I'd appreciate it. Just trying to separate wishful thinking from reality.
They are all very good questions. The more you hear the talking head scientists they seem to be all over the place regarding this virus. IMO the scientific community was blindsided. Everyone believed something like this was coming, but until it hits you all you can do is guess. My question is regarding testing, testing, testing. My wife is the one who brought this up. What good is testing when you can be negative today and positive tomorrow. Unless you have symptoms you should act under the assumption you have it and stay inside like so many of us have been doing. shutting the country down was the easy part. How you open the country back up when everyone is now completely neurotic about the damn virus? Normal is now a ship in drydock waiting for repairs.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:52 am

Heart wrenching.
Glad you agree finally.
Much better

I was wrong about you.
Appreciate the compliment...the theme of that, btw, is to not buy in to everything fed to us, to be critical thinkers.

That is the point. Stay away from tripe and stop watching so much political entertainment.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Laxgunea wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:24 am Not to break the mood with a serious question, but can someone explain how hard immunity is supposed to work with COVID? I hear it mentioned, especially by those who want to open the economy quickly, as the hope for the future, but when I hear it mentioned it sounds like it is being trotted out by someone who learned the term back in 9th grade bio. Wouldn't the possibility for herd immunity be rooted in the fact that you can't be reinfected? Isnt that unfounded at this point? Why don't we have herd immunity from the common cold, another coronavirus? I suppose we would have immunity if there were a vaccine, but that is a long way off and that would seem to be different than herd immunity as people usually talk about it.
Good questions. It is believed that we will develop an immunity because in most cases, once exposed a person develops an immunity. It has yet to be “proven” so it can’t be assumed. That is why the scientists are choosing their words. It could also be possible that this is like the flu and there could be different strains. Odds are, we will develop some sort of immunity. I believe this virus isn’t mutating as much as it could have and this will help in the development of a vaccine.
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:21 am

Heart wrenching.
Glad you agree finally.
Much better

I was wrong about you.

That is the point. Stay away from tripe and stop watching so much political entertainment.
I got rid of cable and I don't regret it one bit. All I need to know about politics can be learned from reading these forums, or playing ping pong in the basement. The benefit is less TV, which is a good thing.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:35 am

Ah ha ha ha. That fish tank cleaner lady that JHU72 and Brook swore was tellin’ that Democrat truth of Orange Man Bad told us?!

Wonder if the MSM that promoted the hoax will retract? They’ll wait for the guilty verdict in a year I suppose to even mention it again!

Actually, it's your delusional side that's promoting these "alternate" cures, kinda like your side's alternate facts {sic}. :lol:
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:55 am
They are all very good questions. The more you hear the talking head scientists they seem to be all over the place regarding this virus. IMO the scientific community was blindsided. Everyone believed something like this was coming, but until it hits you all you can do is guess. My question is regarding testing, testing, testing. My wife is the one who brought this up. What good is testing when you can be negative today and positive tomorrow. Unless you have symptoms you should act under the assumption you have it and stay inside like so many of us have been doing. shutting the country down was the easy part. How you open the country back up when everyone is now completely neurotic about the damn virus? Normal is now a ship in drydock waiting for repairs.
you guys are asking good questions and even though the experts are all over the map, you've come to the right place.
a lot of us have all the answers.
https://www.technologyreview.com/2020/0 ... -covid-19/
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Jim Malone wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:39 pm United we stand, divided we fall!

WTH happened to y'all.

Oh c'on. This forum is a lot better now that we have a much better Admin.

As for united/divided, it would help in the nitwit-in-chief would stop pointing the finger at Obama and the Dems and admit that he is the one who screwed the CDC and the nation's response to the virus.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:38 am

Heart wrenching.
Glad you agree finally.
Much better

I was wrong about you.

I got rid of cable and I don't regret it one bit. All I need to know about politics can be learned from reading these forums, or playing ping pong in the basement. The benefit is less TV, which is a good thing.
You are correct. Twitter and comment sections of online articles is even worse. I watch very little talking head political news programming. It’s not the way I want to spend leisure time. This site is enough for me and the personalities have enough context and you glean enough about the “character” of the people. You have your views but you are consistent. Never thought of you as disingenuous. You don’t bend over backwards to defend a contradiction. Everyone makes mistakes . Everyone is wrong sometimes. When a person can’t make that obvious acknowledgment, they are disingenuous and lose credibility.
“I wish you would!”
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

Heart wrenching.
Glad you agree finally.
Much better

I was wrong about you.

Nice try to flip it, but you got burned. :P
Last edited by Cooter on Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Live Free or Die!
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Brooklyn wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:42 am
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:35 am

Actually, it's your delusional side that's promoting these "alternate" cures, kinda like your side's alternate facts {sic}. :lol:

It's a good thing you have the media on your side to cover up all the obvious lies.

Even 4th graders can small hatchet jobs like NBC's promotion of fish tank cleaner woman. Lol. The fitting end to this non-story will be so sweet to sane Americans.

Return to “POLITICS”