Hobart 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Farfromgeneva

Re: Hobart 2020

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Ego is a funny thing, because that’s completely what it is. Everyone with half a brain knows the deal w the Ag school but just mess with Cornell folks because it’s like taking candy from a baby. I do like my candy.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
kmartin

Post by kmartin »

Greg would have to be on the list for the Cornell job. They have an endowed coaching position there and good institutional and alumni support. I think it is one of the most desirable jobs, but the Hobart job isn't bad either. Both are challenging in various ways. You see a lot of Ivy League coaches moving on to ACC. Tiffany to Virginia, Tambroni to PSU, Tillman to Maryland. Tierney to Denver and now Milliman follows Petro's footsteps from Cornell to Hop. I think it is viewed as a stepping stone to the UNC, Duke, Ohio State, and maybe even the Academies jobs.
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

kmartin wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:29 pm Greg would have to be on the list for the Cornell job. They have an endowed coaching position there and good institutional and alumni support. I think it is one of the most desirable jobs, but the Hobart job isn't bad either. Both are challenging in various ways. You see a lot of Ivy League coaches moving on to ACC. Tiffany to Virginia, Tambroni to PSU, Tillman to Maryland. Tierney to Denver and now Milliman follows Petro's footsteps from Cornell to Hop. I think it is viewed as a stepping stone to the UNC, Duke, Ohio State, and maybe even the Academies jobs.
Cornell is, allegedly, broke. Heck they tore down the grandstand opposite the Crescent and never replaced it. Not sure where the media watches games anymore. The Richard Moran Endowed Head Coaching job probably pays comparable to the Hobart job--especially given the recent market hit. If Greg can make some post-season noise, he can still catapult to the Big1G or ACC without stopping off at SUNY Cornell. Here's hoping he stays in the lake trout capital!
FL-GO

Post by FL-GO »

I'm still pretty surprised Coach Nads wasn't the guy selected. Good for Milliman tho. Hope Coach Ray continues to stay put. Bart has something special going on.
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

Greg's got a good salary at Hobart, and we are not giving raises to anyone right now (but we are cutting positions). His only hope for a raise is to get an offer elsewhere and use it to bargain. Personally, I think it is a bad time to leave. We are on the cusp of some great seasons, and with those under his belt he'll have his pick of schools later. He has a team of loyal and adoring players, and his situation with the AD is good. Plus he works with a president and BOT that appreciates athletics and lacrosse. Not only that ... faculty who know him like him and his players. Not that there aren't bad days, but it would be a lot to step away from.
FL-GO

Post by FL-GO »

Cornell just announced they’re promoting Buczek to HC. Quick move by the Big Red.
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

FL-GO wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:01 pm Cornell just announced they’re promoting Buczek to HC. Quick move by the Big Red.
And our guy is SAFE!!
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Until 2021.
Cornell will conduct a national search following their hiring freeze but according to a source, Buczek WILL be a candidate for the full time gig during the search. The coaching search won’t begin until 2021
https://twitter.com/TheRealJKJ/status/1 ... 3225980932
FL-GO

Post by FL-GO »

They sure like having interim HCs down there in Ithaca
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

CU77 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:11 pm Until 2021.
Cornell will conduct a national search following their hiring freeze but according to a source, Buczek WILL be a candidate for the full time gig during the search. The coaching search won’t begin until 2021
https://twitter.com/TheRealJKJ/status/1 ... 3225980932
Drinking wine out of skulls. Just remember that.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
catchnshoot

Post by catchnshoot »

Anyone hear about seniors that may be coming back?
Rumors are quite a few
Very surprising , unless they have been unable to find jobs and expect the economy is going to make job search difficult??
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

I've heard that Jimmy Lampert is coming back. That's the only one so far. From what I've been told , both Luchessi and Holden have jobs lined up and are testing the waters in case an amazing opportunity is offered to them. All 4 players in the portal have generated a good amount of interest I would imagine.
Laxmanbob

Post by Laxmanbob »

I also heard Lampert was returning. Has anyone heard if Muller is coming back or is he also transferring?
catchnshoot

Post by catchnshoot »

Rumor seems to be, Mueller, Lampert, Scott, Hurley all coming back
Bartman

Post by Bartman »

A total of 5 Seniors have notified the college of their intention to return next year.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Eric Holden will play his 5th year at Maryland according to Ty Xanders on IL Twitter. Sorry to see him go. Thank you for the past 3 1/3 years. Good luck with the Terps.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

No one will know for sure. However, I truly believe Hobart would have won the NEC and appeared in the postseason this year. I am already going to go ahead and say that Hobart is one of the best DI programs who has, I believe, never won a First Round postseason game(while in DI). I think that will change this decade.
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

Not sure how "acclaimed" Holden was coming out of HS, but my guess is he attended Hobart given his strong family legacy. In any event, Maryland is re-loading after this abbreviated season of lax. Eric will not have to generate his shots all the time, now. Give him time & space = LOOKOUT!
catchnshoot

Post by catchnshoot »

MD has been active with the transfers, one year bump up
Assume Eric got into a graduate program with the Terps?
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

FMUBart wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 7:29 am Not sure how "acclaimed" Holden was coming out of HS, but my guess is he attended Hobart given his strong family legacy. In any event, Maryland is re-loading after this abbreviated season of lax. Eric will not have to generate his shots all the time, now. Give him time & space = LOOKOUT!
Eric was a 2XX AA in Mass. His family ties to the school definitely helped. I'm pretty sure Coach Raymond went after him hard. That has turned into a good relationship with Lincoln Sudbury Coach Vona whose sons will both be on the team in 2021. It also helped us get a jump on Johnny Herlihy coming to campus. An additional benefit of the LS relationship is Coach Vona sees talent that we may not be aware of. A good example is incoming FY Sam Ward from Hingham. Coach Raymond and his staff did a great job helping Eric improve his game each season. I'd say over the past 3 -4 years, the coaching staff has really upped their game and is getting a lot out of these "unpolished gems".

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”