Johns Hopkins 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Homer

Re: Johns Hopkins 2021

Post by Homer »

Mightyjoe wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:35 pm You guys must have been the bench warmers when you played. The guys that looked up to the ones that were really part of the team. While those fought for time and position, you were making sure the team’s stats were recorded correctly while you wore a team jersey with the # nobody wanted. Now I get it.
This is going to be a long-running struggle to find new material now that you don't have Bobby Benson to kick around anymore, isn't it?
Mightyjoe

Post by Mightyjoe »

Homer wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:41 pm
Mightyjoe wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:35 pm You guys must have been the bench warmers when you played. The guys that looked up to the ones that were really part of the team. While those fought for time and position, you were making sure the team’s stats were recorded correctly while you wore a team jersey with the # nobody wanted. Now I get it.
This is going to be a long-running struggle to find new material now that you don't have Bobby Benson to kick around anymore, isn't it?
No, I have Homer now. The stat boy.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

-Sour. Team Rabil who are obsessed w/social media are radio silent on Millman+throwing shade at Baker. Time to rally around the flag like a big boy.
-news conference tomorrow at 930am. from the hop twitter.
-No way Nadelen turned down Hopkins for towson. Nice school towson is but no one chooses to stay at Youngstown state football over ohio state or unc ashville for duke hoops especially when the latter is their alma mater.

(posted an hour after millman announcement) Paul Rabil @PaulRabil At some point soon we’re going to see a program land @CoachPetro43 Shortly after that they’ll soar to the top of the national rankings — but only after they jump to the top of every wishlist for lacrosse recruits nationwide."

Mike Rabil @MichaelRabil 4h Replying to @PaulRabil and @CoachPetro43 Long memory on this one.

Cornell Willis@HopkinsLaxPhan3h I will not make any public statements about what's going on within the Hopkins Family. While the facts are public, our reactions and thoughts will remain private. This is a Family affair. #GoHop
Mightyjoe

Post by Mightyjoe »

Mightyjoe wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:48 pm
Didn’t you mean dopey Bobby stat boy.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Mightyjoe wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:50 pm
I guess I don't really get the "dopey Bobby"/stat boy/benchwarmer jokes. Did he steal your girlfriend or something? The guy is #7 all time in goals scored at Hopkins.
Mightyjoe

Post by Mightyjoe »

HopFan16 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:56 pm
Mightyjoe wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:50 pm
I guess I don't really get the "dopey Bobby"/stat boy/benchwarmer jokes. Did he steal your girlfriend or something? The guy is #7 all time in goals scored at Hopkins.
Another Bobby Fan. 7. Oh yeah, that’s about what his offense averaged his last season at Hopkins per game. That stat I’ll remember. #7 all time goal guys apparently don’t make the all time great coach list.
Hail to the Victors

Post by Hail to the Victors »

Mightyjoe wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:04 am
Another Bobby Fan. 7. Oh yeah, that’s about what his offense averaged his last season at Hopkins per game. That stat I’ll remember. #7 all time goal guys apparently don’t make the all time great coach list.
I'm going with stole his girlfriend and killed his dog.

For the record, these are the stats from Bobby's last fullyear: https://hopkinssports.com/sports/mens-l ... stats/2019 Not bad for the total incompetent you seem to think he was.

I've been critical of BB in the past, but I do try to let facts get in the way of my arguments.
Mightyjoe

Post by Mightyjoe »

Hail to the Victors wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:21 am
Mightyjoe wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:04 am
I'm going with stole his girlfriend and killed his dog.

For the record, these are the stats from Bobby's last fullyear: https://hopkinssports.com/sports/mens-l ... stats/2019 Not bad for the total incompetent you seem to think he was.

I've been critical of BB in the past, but I do try to let facts get in the way of my arguments.
You have to look at the season that we will remember when he was asked to move on......the one we will all remember. I’ll leave it alone and you can keep romancing over the Bobby wonder years.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

Mightyjoe wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:14 pm
jrn19 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:38 pm
Mightyjoe wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:43 pm
primitiveskills wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:11 pm Any chance Teat comes along for the ride? Epstein, Teat, Grimes, Murphy would be fun to watch.
Let's work with what we got and/or who we got coming in. Why bring outsiders. Epstein, Grimes and Murphy will be more "fun to watch".
I doubt Teat comes back for another year, but if a former First Team All-American attackmen wants to join your squad, "why bring in outsiders" should not be your mindset; the mindset should be "welcome"
Apparently you never played a team sport. Does bringing a top guy in from the school the new head coach is from for a fifth year sound like success to you?
Yes? Jeff Teat is an amazing player. Hopkins needs amazing players. He’d help them win
Catbird

Post by Catbird »

jhu06 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:49 pm
Cornell Willis@HopkinsLaxPhan3h I will not make any public statements about what's going on within the Hopkins Family. While the facts are public, our reactions and thoughts will remain private. This is a Family affair. #GoHop
I would like to say, in the nicest way possible, Cornell Willis can take a long walk off a short pier. Maybe we get extra lucky and this guy stops being the "face" of the fanbase. He does not speak for anyone but himself.

Rabil apparently is content with mediocrity in his rear view mirror as long as he gets to put his feet up in the old coaches' office and tell war stories; would think the guy who wants to win would understand but is probably too close to the situation for clarity.

For the record - I've been siting in Section 107 with my family long before anyone knew what a Cornell Willis was, and I actually did graduate from JHU (in the same class as Rabil). Alot of you will remember me from the old forum, accepting PM guesses.

Anyone who is more worried about winning and less about their clout and whether their key to the Cordish Center still works would like to give Coach M a chance to do great things here.
Last edited by Catbird on Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

Catbird wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:37 am
I would like to say, in the nicest way possible, Cornell Willis can talk a long walk off a short pier. Maybe we get extra lucky and this guy stops being the "face" of the fanbase. He does not speak for anyone but himself.

Rabil apparently is content with mediocrity in his rear view mirror as long as he gets to put his feet up in the old coaches' office and tell war stories; would think the guy who wants to win would understand but is probably too close to the situation for clarity.

For the record - I've been siting in Section 107 with my family long before anyone knew what a Cornell Willis was, and I actually did graduate from JHU (in the same class as Rabil). Alot of you will remember me from the old forum, accepting PM guesses.

Anyone who is more worried about winning and less about their clout and whether their key to the Cordish Center still works would like to give Coach M a chance to do great things here.
Petro to Ithaca —> Cornell to Cornell?
Catbird

Post by Catbird »

jhu06 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:49 pm -Sour. Team Rabil who are obsessed w/social media are radio silent on Millman+throwing shade at Baker. Time to rally around the flag like a big boy.
-news conference tomorrow at 930am. from the hop twitter.
-No way Nadelen turned down Hopkins for towson. Nice school towson is but no one chooses to stay at Youngstown state football over ohio state or unc ashville for duke hoops especially when the latter is their alma mater.

(posted an hour after millman announcement) Paul Rabil @PaulRabil At some point soon we’re going to see a program land @CoachPetro43 Shortly after that they’ll soar to the top of the national rankings — but only after they jump to the top of every wishlist for lacrosse recruits nationwide."

Mike Rabil @MichaelRabil 4h Replying to @PaulRabil and @CoachPetro43 Long memory on this one.
It is tough to watch this because I really appreciate everything both Paul and Coach Petro did for Hopkins, this stuff from the Rabils is just delusional.Begs the question why he couldn't do that at Hopkins the last decade.

Mike Rabil has no connection to JHU as far as I know except sharing some DNA with his brother. Did he pay any attention to Hopkins, the lax team, the sport, before his brother walked onto the field? Doubtful. Why the eff do we care what he thinks? He is friends of the old coach; He is not a program booster.
Last edited by Catbird on Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Catbird

Post by Catbird »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:01 am
Catbird wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:37 am
I would like to say, in the nicest way possible, Cornell Willis can talk a long walk off a short pier. Maybe we get extra lucky and this guy stops being the "face" of the fanbase. He does not speak for anyone but himself.

Petro to Ithaca —> Cornell to Cornell?
Posted on the Cornell board that I don't see that happening for reasons which appear obvious - but I have no inside info.
Catbird

Post by Catbird »

Another hope - maybe the turmoil will clear out the dead wood including the guy who decided the reserved section needed assigned seating. :lol:
Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

Wow, this guy Milliman is intense!
God help you if you miss a ground ball on his team.
For the players who stay, the serious ones, he could take the program to new heights.
Which isn't saying much given it's recent level of success.
I can't debate the wisdom of choosing a 5-0 Coach over a 0-5 Coach.
Maybe we'll see some quality play on Homewood field for a change. Hope Mr. Pete knows where he can scrounge up a goalie.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Sagittarius A* wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:43 am Maybe we'll see some quality play on Homewood field for a change. Hope Mr. Pete knows where he can scrounge up a goalie.
Cornell's goalies were not playing well this season (pretty much the only facet of the game that was not excelling for them in 2020), but last year their guy was 54% (as a freshman) and the year before the goalie was 56% and one of the best in the country.

As far as Mr. Teat goes, I don't know the kid though I suspect he's probably done with college ball and will now go pro in both indoor and outdoor. But on the off chance he wants another year and is interested in following his former coach to Homewood, the players should welcome him with open arms if they are serious about winning.
NOVALax2015

Post by NOVALax2015 »

Sagittarius A* wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:43 am Wow, this guy Milliman is intense!
God help you if you miss a ground ball on his team.
For the players who stay, the serious ones, he could take the program to new heights.
Which isn't saying much given it's recent level of success.
I can't debate the wisdom of choosing a 5-0 Coach over a 0-5 Coach.
Maybe we'll see some quality play on Homewood field for a change. Hope Mr. Pete knows where he can scrounge up a goalie.
Psychology is more important to G than any other position - failure begets failure and success begets success. If performance elsewhere on the field improves, goalie performance will improve directly (better D means fewer opposing quality shots) and indirectly (G mindset).
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

I'm always reluctant to post on this thread, because it's not my business, and Hopkins fans know their lacrosse, and know what they want.

In the spirit of the general good of all, I'd like to note that I got to know Coach Milliman right after the transition from Ben Deluca, and over those six and a half years, dealt with him on several types of logistical issues about which alums and coaches often communicate. I found him to be a polite and deeply committed coach who was generally liked and admired by both players and parents. If you want to win, with the Hopkins' platform, he's a great guy to have on your side.
steel_hop

Post by steel_hop »

To have Teat or not Teat is the question. I mean I am all for more Teat in most circumstances.

But for Hopkins it is a question of whether it helps or hurts the program long term. I think next year is all about preparing the team for long term success. It should strive to make the NCAAs but if it doesn't that is okay so long as there is improvement across the program particularly in areas were Hopkins has struggled the last decade. Next year is setting the stage for success in the 2022 season and beyond. If Teat helps you accomplish that and he wants to come to Hopkins that is great. If he doesn't help you meet that goal then he shouldn't come.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

faircornell wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:10 am I'm always reluctant to post on this thread, because it's not my business, and Hopkins fans know their lacrosse, and know what they want.

In the spirit of the general good of all, I'd like to note that I got to know Coach Milliman right after the transition from Ben Deluca, and over those six and a half years, dealt with him on several types of logistical issues about which alums and coaches often communicate. I found him to be a polite and deeply committed coach who was generally liked and admired by both players and parents. If you want to win, with the Hopkins' platform, he's a great guy to have on your side.
This is great to hear. Thank you, fc.

As for Cornell, it’s only a matter of time before the Big Red win another national title. That’s what we tell ourselves about Hopkins!

DocBarrister ;)
@DocBarrister

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”