Johns Hopkins Coach Search

D1 Mens Lacrosse
youthathletics

Re: Johns Hopkins Coach Search

Post by youthathletics »

Still rolling w/Cassese, but Cuse does have a strong OC in Pat March who was also recruiting coordinator for Princeton, has deep ties in Maryland. If I am JHU, I'd like Phipps on my team as well.

My hope.... JL Reppert His resume is strong.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
FlyEaglesFly

Post by FlyEaglesFly »

6ftstick wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:22 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:18 am Jim Morissey or Lelan Rogers?
If they hire anyway tied to Syracuse Lacrosse I think that signals the program is not now what we all know it was.

And the Hophins administration is taking off in a very strange new way.
Especially someone who is like 30 years old with a record under .500 at Jacksonville...
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

wgdsr wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:39 am can someone who has no idea who the new coach will be covertly imply that you do know?
also, don't reference any source, etc.
thanks.
10-4 !
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:48 am Still rolling w/Cassese, but Cuse does have a strong OC in Pat March who was also recruiting coordinator for Princeton, has deep ties in Maryland. If I am JHU, I'd like Phipps on my team as well.

Then there is Ryan Moran at UMBC. He has the Retrievers off to a 4-1 start this season.
Worked as an assistant under Tillman and Toomey.
He knows the recruiting scene in Maryland well, but he also has ties to Long Island. With a school like Hopkins behind him, he could probably start a pretty good pipe line to Chaminade and St.Anthony's.
Live Free or Die!
ZulbertiSocks

Post by ZulbertiSocks »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:11 am I’m becoming 99% sure it’s not Nadelen.

Might not be anyone on that initial list in that IL article either.

I’m expecting a surprise.

Stay tuned.
Yes, we are all in for a surprise and I can expect to take sh*t (deservedly) over my intel. This will make quite a story, though!
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

ZulbertiSocks wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:07 pm
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:11 am I’m becoming 99% sure it’s not Nadelen.

Might not be anyone on that initial list in that IL article either.

I’m expecting a surprise.

Stay tuned.
Yes, we are all in for a surprise and I can expect to take sh*t (deservedly) over my intel. This will make quite a story, though!
thanks, zs. i needed that.
viper

Post by viper »

wgdsr wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:39 am can someone who has no idea who the new coach will be covertly imply that you do know?

thanks.
My sources (who have no idea and which I will not and cannot reference) tell me that Roy Simmons Junior is coming out of retirement (and the rest home) to lead the Orange.....eh I mean Blue Jays to their next dynasty.
WHOWHATWHERE

Post by WHOWHATWHERE »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:48 am Still rolling w/Cassese, but Cuse does have a strong OC in Pat March who was also recruiting coordinator for Princeton, has deep ties in Maryland. If I am JHU, I'd like Phipps on my team as well.

I see you are a Navy supporter, curious your thoughts on Wellner. We didn’t get to quite see the finished results and it was very much a work in progress but trending forward. Also interested on why you haven’t recommended him?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

WHOWHATWHERE wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:21 pm

I see you are a Navy supporter, curious your thoughts on Wellner. We didn’t get to quite see the finished results and it was very much a work in progress but trending forward. Also interested on why you haven’t recommended him?
I loved Wellner, a forward thinker, developed a defensive scheme that worked for the players..took blame for an over coaching event in a a recent game, is a great recruiter with strong ties in NY and very responsive when called, emailed or sent a text. I actually would love to see him and JL together again, especially with the keys to the city WRT to decision making.

Why did I not recommend him....zero reason.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

Raise your hand if you actually, legitimately know who the next coach at Hopkins will be.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

I know there will be a cost savings for JHU.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Not at liberty to disclose though.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:33 pm Raise your hand if you actually, legitimately know who the next coach at Hopkins will be.
Okay. Me, but that reminds me of an old joke:

How do you keep a moron in suspense?

I’ll tell you tomorrow.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

thanks.
“I wish you would!”
ZulbertiSocks

Post by ZulbertiSocks »

I think I know, but I also thought I knew last week. My head is spinning...
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Cody Jameison or Pat Perritt?

I’m having fun with this.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Steele Stanwick

his sister will be OC
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

with scoring and shot clock, priority characteristics should be:
- can recruit
- offense open up or willingness to allow an OC to do so

after that, whatever hopkins thinks they want of hard a** versus loose/player's coach. usually they go opposite.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

Galloway. Interesting choice. Young and unproven. A lot like Kingsbury to Cards.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

I don't know anything, but the longer this goes on, the less likely I think it's Nads and the more likely it'll be someone like Galloway.

I still can't totally wrap my mind around it actually being Galloway but at the very least 1) he's young and energetic 2) guys like playing for him 3) it'd confuse Syracuse fans. Those are 3 decent reasons to hire the guy IMO. If he hired Crawley, Stanwick or Boyle as OC and Durkin or Koesterer as DC...that'd be a fun staff to play for. If you are looking to get as far away as possible from Petro, hiring a skinny 30-year-old former Cuse goalie with a sunny disposition with very little experience is about as anti-Petro as it gets.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”