All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

MDlaxfan76

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:36 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:22 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:05 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:32 pm Frankly, I was focused on the UV rays thru the skin or in some other way, not disinfectants like bleach...I was saying they should stick it up his -ss. That was the craziest thing I'd ever heard...but then he starts talking about the disinfectants.

so, ok not "injection"...how the heck else are you going to get them INSIDE the body?... well, ingest them? breathe them? Stick a hose into your chest to clean out your lungs?!!
I saw reports that there's been tests of UV lighting inside the ventilator plumbing that's inserted.
Air flow on the way in or the way out or are you actually saying bathing the lungs from the inside with UV light?...talk about advancing cancer fast...no way a doctor would sign off on that one. Again, just stupid on its face.

I did comment to my wife that, just as we put a light in the pond next to water being pumped through and up to come down the rocks, killing the algae as it flows past the light, I could imagine hospital rooms with powerful exhaust pulling air quickly through, with UV killing the virus before passing back into the room. Reduce the total amount of aerosolized virus in such rooms, which may be a significant factor in medical staff risk.
This reminds me MD of one of those situations where you throw everything against the wall and hope that something sticks. I had a teacher in HS, and I know you have heard this before, he would tell us there are no dumb questions, only dumb answers. Our POTUS is the exception to that because he is getting really good at asking really dumb questions.
I'm 100% in favor of asking 'dumb' questions.
I do it all the time. I learn from the answers.

But I don't do it 'live' in front of the American people.
I don't tell them to do things that are flat stupid.

This really ain't hard for a POTUS, ask your 'dumb' questions privately, listen carefully to their answers. If you don't understand, ask again, privately.

And be darn sure you then are careful as to what you say to the American people.
If you're out of your depth, shut up and defer to the experts.

simple, IF you're not an egotistical idiot.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:50 pm This is one of those gross topics, but I think its bizarre nature is relevant today. My wife had to explain to me in horrific details when she was being trained to work in the rooms during fecal transplant procedures. I could describe it to you all but none of you would ever enjoy a chocolate milkshake again. The theory among some gastroenterologists was the bacteria in these shakes could help some issues with the colon they had no other good options for. Yes the tool of choice was your good old fashioned blender. One of course you would never use again. The point is, a doctor will do just about anything to help a patient. If that means whipping up a poop shake then that is what you try and do.
Yup, but giving them cancer is not on the list.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

old salt wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:47 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:39 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:32 pm Frankly, I was focused on the UV rays thru the skin or in some other way, not disinfectants like bleach...I was saying they should stick it up his -ss. That was the craziest thing I'd ever heard...but then he starts talking about the disinfectants.

so, ok not "injection"...how the heck else are you going to get them INSIDE the body?... well, ingest them? breathe them? Stick a hose into your chest to clean out your lungs?!!
I saw reports that there's been tests of UV lighting inside the ventilator plumbing that's inserted.
Air flow on the way in or the way out or are you actually saying bathing the lungs from the inside with UV light?...talk about advancing cancer fast...no way a doctor would sign off on that one. Again, just stupid on its face.

I did comment to my wife that, just as we put a light in the pond next to water being pumped through and up to come down the rocks, killing the algae as it flows past the light, I could imagine hospital rooms with powerful exhaust pulling air quickly through, with UV killing the virus before passing back into the room. Reduce the total amount of aerosolized virus in such rooms, which may be a significant factor in medical staff risk.
I think you are missing the point. Because coronavirus latches its spiky surface proteins to receptors on healthy cells, especially those in your lungs, the UV lamps/light can focus only on the lungs. Think of it like an endoscopy or colonoscopy scan. HEck....even when you have dental work they use UV light to cure the fillings.
https://apnews.com/b44f4531071e6204023f7b8e16f59d4b

Exactly
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:54 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:50 pm This is one of those gross topics, but I think its bizarre nature is relevant today. My wife had to explain to me in horrific details when she was being trained to work in the rooms during fecal transplant procedures. I could describe it to you all but none of you would ever enjoy a chocolate milkshake again. The theory among some gastroenterologists was the bacteria in these shakes could help some issues with the colon they had no other good options for. Yes the tool of choice was your good old fashioned blender. One of course you would never use again. The point is, a doctor will do just about anything to help a patient. If that means whipping up a poop shake then that is what you try and do.
Give them cancer by what means?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:39 pm

I think you are missing the point. Because coronavirus latches its spiky surface proteins to receptors on healthy cells, especially those in your lungs, the UV lamps/light can focus only on the lungs. Think of it like an endoscopy or colonoscopy scan. HEck....even when you have dental work they use UV light to cure the fillings.
ok, so you're saying bathe all the healthy cells of the lungs with UV...definitely causing cancer. You do realize what kind of level would be necessary right?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:57 pm
UV, the kinds of dosages necessary to actually kill a virus...call me immensely skeptical
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:59 pm
UV, the kinds of dosages necessary to actually kill a virus...
How do you already know this?
~Livy

old salt

Post by old salt »

Trinity wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:29 am Is West Point really going to ask 1000 cadets to fly back to campus in order to salute POTUS at graduation?
USNA is wrestling with the same dilemma. They told the Brigade to stay away during Spring Break. All their stuff is still in their rooms in Bancroft Hall, which must be retrieved. They have to figure out how to --
-- have some sort of meaningful graduation & commissioning ceremony for the seniors, then get them to their initial assignments
-- salvage some sort of summer training for the remaining 3 classes.
-- somehow induct the incoming class & give them some sort of plebe summer indoctrination.
In some ways, this is more disruptive on the home front than a WW.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:53 pm

This reminds me MD of one of those situations where you throw everything against the wall and hope that something sticks. I had a teacher in HS, and I know you have heard this before, he would tell us there are no dumb questions, only dumb answers. Our POTUS is the exception to that because he is getting really good at asking really dumb questions.

This really ain't hard for a POTUS, ask your 'dumb' questions privately, listen carefully to their answers. If you don't understand, ask again, privately.

And be darn sure you then are careful as to what you say to the American people.

I am going to shock you, i could not agree with you more. Trump looked like a complete idiot.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:01 pm
I was listening to Bryan...which waves are effective and which aren't on different sorts of surfaces.
You get to that level applied to your lung tissue?

Interesting video (trachea not lungs)...wonder whether Guiliani brought Trump/Kushner that one too?
But they didn't bother to talk to the scientists first?
old salt

Post by old salt »

UV, the kinds of dosages necessary to actually kill a virus...call me immensely skeptical
Offer your expert advice to the folks at Cedars-Sinai
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:05 pm

I am going to shock you, i could not agree with you more. Trump looked like a complete idiot.
nah, you're one of those willing to actually admit when Trump fouls up big time.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

I would sure hope not. :? I do know my friend was diagnosed with throat cancer in 2015. He went to the Wilmont Cancer center and he went to Roswell Cancer in Buffalo. He was presented with 2 completely different options for treating his cancer. Wilmont was very invasive, they want to cut his jaw out and go in and dig. Roswell treated him with chemo and radiation and he survived the cancer. There are many times more than one answer, some solutions are worse than others. When you are desperate and looking for answers, sometimes you will listen to what anyone is trying to sell you.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:05 pm
I was listening to Bryan...which waves are effective and which aren't on different sorts of surfaces.

Interesting video (trachea not lungs)...wonder whether Guiliani brought Trump/Kushner that one too?
https://seekingalpha.com/amp/article/43 ... 0-downside
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:08 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:05 pm

nah, you're one of those willing to actually admit when Trump fouls up big time.
He fouls up a ton. His lack of political savvy is his worst enemy. He did perform a miracle when he beat HRC at her own game to become POTUS. He is a piece of work when it comes to acting or performing as a POTUS should. The sad part is the democrats could play him like a fiddle. I think they could get damn near any legislative priorities they wanted. They just will not ever give him the chance to take a victory lap.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:06 pm
Offer your expert advice to the folks at Cedars-Sinai
Interesting...the conference was on April 21? And the POTUS came out with this on the 24th?

Key statement:
“Our team has shown that administering a specific spectrum of UV-A light can eradicate viruses in infected human cells (including coronavirus) and bacteria in the area while preserving healthy cells,” stated Dr. Pimentel of Cedars-Sinai.

UV-A...possible to be safe, does it actually kill the virus? In the body or the lab? How much, how long?
UVC can be 'safe', but hmmm..

Just the cells it reaches? Just upper respiratory, just trachea?

I did buy that it could help inside the ventilator tube to prevent intubation bacteria causing pneumonia.

But direct to lung tissue? Again, call me immensely skeptical.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:13 pm

If you can't trust your Chinese partners, then who can you trust ? Were you on a call with AYTU yet ?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:21 pm

If you can't trust your Chinese partners, then who can you trust ? Were you on a call with AYTU yet ?
:D
TLD's post about AYTU was interesting, pretty poor reputation...
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:21 pm

Not my market. Mine is working on it. They ain’t Chinese neither.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Maybe Trump was “riffing” on his experience. Has anyone seen Trump with short sleeves or short pants?

“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”