Johns Hopkins Coach Search

D1 Mens Lacrosse
faircornell

Re: Johns Hopkins Coach Search

Post by faircornell »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:45 pm You should see the tons of memes that I’ve collected.
Can you stream the Quiz Show scene from the movie "Diner" ... That might be most appropriate right now. 😂
ZulbertiSocks

Post by ZulbertiSocks »

Laxidaisical wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:03 pm
44WeWantMore wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:49 pm
Laxidaisical wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:04 pm I stand with what I said earlier and no one will believe it
Earlier:
Laxidaisical wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:00 am Heard Galloway is in the mix...

First, Syracuse Galloway? What, we could not find a Terp?

Second, you said he was in the mix, meaning more than a courtesy call, or do you mean even more than that?

Interviewed and on campus...
They have their guy...it's not Galloway. Never was. Announcement tomorrow, everyone can stop pretending they know something. The new coach's last name rhymes with "obvious choice". But it has been fun reading about all of these so-called scenarios.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

Once it comes out tomorrow, the person starting the Galloway thing needs to come out of the closet. Is Adam Schiff involved ?
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Does anyone know when the press conference for tomorrow is scheduled for? Also, will there be a place to watch it?
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

CU77 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:05 pm Yeah, that suit totally disqualifies Milliman from the JHU job!

Somebody tell your AD, quick!!!
Hah !

:lol:
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

ZulbertiSocks wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:36 pm
Laxidaisical wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:03 pm
44WeWantMore wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:49 pm
Laxidaisical wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:04 pm I stand with what I said earlier and no one will believe it
Earlier:
Laxidaisical wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:00 am Heard Galloway is in the mix...
First, Syracuse Galloway? What, we could not find a Terp?

Second, you said he was in the mix, meaning more than a courtesy call, or do you mean even more than that?
Interviewed and on campus...
They have their guy...it's not Galloway. Never was. Announcement tomorrow, everyone can stop pretending they know something. The new coach's last name rhymes with ...
Zadelen :P
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Man, I sure hope so!
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

CU77 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:32 am Man, I sure hope so!
Hope Nadelen is the new coach?
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Yes. But actually anyone other than Milliman is fine with me, though I do honestly think that Nadelen would be a good choice for JHU.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

CU77 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:24 am Yes. But actually anyone other than Milliman is fine with me, though I do honestly think that Nadelen would be a good choice for JHU.
I went to Gettysburg with Milliman, so I have a very soft side for him. And, the truth is, with what he appears to have on the horizon at Cornell, I doubt he leaves. Yes, Jeff Tambroni left there to go to Penn State. But his wife is a grad and a former athlete there.
FlyEaglesFly

Post by FlyEaglesFly »

If it was Nadelen - I am not sure why it’s taking so long? Wasn’t it reported he was one of the first candidates contacted? You would think he was either offered or not. And if he was, and accepted, wouldn’t it have been announced by now?

Maybe I’m wrong and they haven’t even offered him yet, which leads to the delay. Or it means he’s not their guy.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

HR background checks, “sleeping on it”, Etc always make the process a day or two longer than we would expect.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Not to mention, it's often not as straightforward as: "You want the job?" "Yes." "Cool. Welcome to Hopkins." "Thanks." Even if they know exactly who they want, and that guy is very much interested, there are lots of details to work out. I have no idea if something is getting announced today, and if so, who it'll be, but even if Hop identified "their guy" from the start, it's only been 10 days since the last guy exited. That'd be among the quickest head coach searches I can remember.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

I wonder how much Hopkins paid for that Venture search firm and whether it was worth it or not.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Think of it as a one time insurance premium against certain future costs. For example, I spoke with a professor down in Atl who's kid is a friend of mine and has his own friend that is an adjunct at Hobart and he told me the exec search firm used to hire Gregory Vincent, whom had some skeletons combined with an attempt to exert some discipline and rationality among an out of control faculty in Geneva, was well known in academic circles for being a joke. And what happens? Less than 1yr later he's blown out, other people left twisting in the wind, and we had to find a new college president....
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Last time I went through a job interview process (for my current position), it required 13 interviews over four separate days over a four month period and a whole lot of paper work (initial interview, practice group interviews, litigation group interviews, local office interviews). Background checks, conflict checks, reference checks, etc., etc., etc.

For a high profile position like the lacrosse head coach at Johns Hopkins, it is very impressive that they are moving so quickly.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Joe

Post by Joe »

Heard a rumor today. From a reliable source that said Marr was not contacted for the job, and that all candidates for the job decide not to take it. Salary? Scaling back program? Interesting I heard this today when yesterday rumors were swirling around that Galloway was now being considered. Kind of fits the rumor I hear. As I stated earlier my son in a commit 2021. We are anxiously awaiting news. Thought it would be done by now.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

That would be interesting considering someone proclaimed last night that it was a done deal and it was Nadelen.

Crazy how these things go in the rumor mill. If it isn’t Nadelen, the guy who proclaimed it last night and mocked others may need to crawl into a hole.

Only time will tell. My guess is you won’t see a press release until next week (if they have actually hired Nads).
VTLaxGuy

Post by VTLaxGuy »

All these rumors and "sources say" reports remind me that in truth, nobody really knows what the heck is going on.

I was curious about how some of the rumors played out last year with a few jobs so I looked back at a few message board threads and popular social media accounts known for breaking news -

If you buy too much into the things you read on these sites / accounts: Stony Brook was a "done deal" for Matt Danowski at one point last year. Gerry Byrne was on the outside looking in at the Harvard job, which was all set to go to John Thompson from Amherst or Sean Kirwan.

Remember a few years back when Kevin Corrigan was all set to be the Virginia coach?

Not bashing those who post rumors or the accounts who work hard to gather intel...heck I love reading them as much as anybody. Keep em coming, but lets all take a breath and remember that what we're reading isn't real until a school says it is.
GBMan

Post by GBMan »

VTLaxGuy wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:56 am All these rumors and "sources say" reports remind me that in truth, nobody really knows what the heck is going on.

I was curious about how some of the rumors played out last year with a few jobs so I looked back at a few message board threads and popular social media accounts known for breaking news -

If you buy too much into the things you read on these sites / accounts: Stony Brook was a "done deal" for Matt Danowski at one point last year. Gerry Byrne was on the outside looking in at the Harvard job, which was all set to go to John Thompson from Amherst or Sean Kirwan.

Remember a few years back when Kevin Corrigan was all set to be the Virginia coach?

Not bashing those who post rumors or the accounts who work hard to gather intel...heck I love reading them as much as anybody. Keep em coming, but lets all take a breath and remember that what we're reading isn't real until a school says it is.
Speaking of Sean Kirwan - is he still considered an "A" list D1 HC candidate? Or has his stock dropped once the season started and championship memories faded a tad? Still a young guy - about 30, I think - so maybe a few years from making a move.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”