Johns Hopkins Coach Search

D1 Mens Lacrosse
kramerica.inc

Re: Johns Hopkins Coach Search

Post by kramerica.inc »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:36 pm
swf wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:55 am
Was any candidate of a minority interviewed?
How about a cisgender female?
A friend of mine said we would get a tired old lesbian.

Not sure about her haircut.

You're friends with Mark Dixon?
Last edited by kramerica.inc on Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:15 am Is there any chance a 4th Hopkins-dedicated thread can appear here at FanLax? Maybe 'The Golden Age of Hopkins Lacrosse; Discuss"?

:roll:
Technically, and this is harsh, but there are only two Hopkins threads in this current forum.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:40 pm You're friends with Mark Dixon?
Lol. Yes, but he didn’t make this recent comment about who Hopkins would hire. It was another friend. I have more than one.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:40 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:15 am Is there any chance a 4th Hopkins-dedicated thread can appear here at FanLax? Maybe 'The Golden Age of Hopkins Lacrosse; Discuss"?

Technically, and this is harsh, but there are only two Hopkins threads in this current forum.

I'm not going to let you ditch Petro that fast. You're like the dude who divorces on Friday and gets engaged Saturday. Petro was with you for 20 years; you own him until another buyer comes along. 3 threads. I fully expect a 4th before it's all over.
steel_hop

Post by steel_hop »

The suit, filed on Nov. 14 in the Supreme Court of the State of New York, alleges that Milliman and the University committed negligence because they failed to “erect the proper safety nets, barricades, and/or other devices to prevent lacrosse balls from leaving the subject playing field.”

Getting hit by a lacrosse ball can be nasty. I remember an early 90's Hopkins/SU game, SU was warming up before the game and Hopkins still had the semi-permanent stands on the end lines. The one near the Lax Hall of Fame was only about 4-5 risers with one near the baseball field (where the Cordish Center is now was 15-20 risers) and there was an 8 ft net protecting fans on the 4-5 riser stands. One of the SU lax middies (I think it was Charlie Lockwood) was warming up shooting on the goal. His shot missed the goal went over the nets and plunked a guy standing on the highest riser in the stands. He fell like a rock and I was told later he broke his jaw. I am pretty sure those stands were taken down for the next game.
Laxidaisical

Post by Laxidaisical »

I stand with what I said earlier and no one will believe it
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Yeah, that suit totally disqualifies Milliman from the JHU job!

Somebody tell your AD, quick!!!
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:36 pm
swf wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:55 am
Was any candidate of a minority interviewed?
How about a cisgender female?
A friend of mine said we would get a tired old lesbian.

Not sure about her haircut.
Cottles gonna coach again?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

That is always the current Hopkins thread. Gotta relive the old days. Not much to be excited about lately.
a fan

Post by a fan »

steel_hop wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:50 pm The suit, filed on Nov. 14 in the Supreme Court of the State of New York, alleges that Milliman and the University committed negligence because they failed to “erect the proper safety nets, barricades, and/or other devices to prevent lacrosse balls from leaving the subject playing field.”

Getting hit by a lacrosse ball can be nasty. I remember an early 90's Hopkins/SU game, SU was warming up before the game and Hopkins still had the semi-permanent stands on the end lines. The one near the Lax Hall of Fame was only about 4-5 risers with one near the baseball field (where the Cordish Center is now was 15-20 risers) and there was an 8 ft net protecting fans on the 4-5 riser stands. One of the SU lax middies (I think it was Charlie Lockwood) was warming up shooting on the goal. His shot missed the goal went over the nets and plunked a guy standing on the highest riser in the stands. He fell like a rock and I was told later he broke his jaw. I am pretty sure those stands were taken down for the next game.
The most famous one I can remember is the 1985 Championship at Brown......late in the game, Hop was on man up....and the player with the hardest shot in the sport, Brian Wood, let one of his underhanded risers go, aiming for the top corner.

Hit some poor guy in the face who was sitting behind the endline.

...this thread is now officially off the rails....
Gobigred

Post by Gobigred »

Henpecked wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:49 pm All of the great coaches from the Ivy League have one thing in common...they didn't attend Ivy League Universities.
Tillman did. Pretty good coach, doncha think?
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

Laxidaisical wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:04 pm I stand with what I said earlier and no one will believe it
Earlier:
Laxidaisical wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:00 am Heard Galloway is in the mix...

First, Syracuse Galloway? What, we could not find a Terp?

Second, you said he was in the mix, meaning more than a courtesy call, or do you mean even more than that?
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

a fan wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:35 pm ...this thread is now officially off the rails....
It's Quarantine Rules.
Everyone is a little crazy, just spouting stuff.
Stream of conscience stuff...
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

You should see the tons of memes that I’ve collected.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:46 pm
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:40 pm

I'm not going to let you ditch Petro that fast. You're like the dude who divorces on Friday and gets engaged Saturday. Petro was with you for 20 years; you own him until another buyer comes along. 3 threads. I fully expect a 4th before it's all over.
not sure what you're asking for PB...the Hopkins thread count already puts other fan bases to shame...
ZulbertiSocks

Post by ZulbertiSocks »

It's official. The announcement will be made tomorrow. Welcome, Coach....never mind, you'll have to wait.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:35 pm
steel_hop wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:50 pm The suit, filed on Nov. 14 in the Supreme Court of the State of New York, alleges that Milliman and the University committed negligence because they failed to “erect the proper safety nets, barricades, and/or other devices to prevent lacrosse balls from leaving the subject playing field.”

The most famous one I can remember is the 1985 Championship at Brown......late in the game, Hop was on man up....and the player with the hardest shot in the sport, Brian Wood, let one of his underhanded risers go, aiming for the top corner.

Hit some poor guy in the face who was sitting behind the endline.

...this thread is now officially off the rails....
Yes, back in the day..

Talk about a tough area to sit, try behind the goal on the north end of the old Mount Washington Lacrosse Club...about 10 feet from the back line. Constant ducking.

Of course, us kids use to hop the fence at Hopkins and we'd back up the goal, doing our best to actually catch the shots taken...good for us future goalies...
Laxidaisical

Post by Laxidaisical »

44WeWantMore wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:49 pm
Laxidaisical wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:04 pm I stand with what I said earlier and no one will believe it
Earlier:

Second, you said he was in the mix, meaning more than a courtesy call, or do you mean even more than that?

Interviewed and on campus...
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

Laxidaisical wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:03 pm
44WeWantMore wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:49 pm
Earlier:

Interviewed and on campus...
He’s on campus? In the middle of a pandemic?
Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

^^spring break in Bawlamer, hon.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”