Which Program Will Have the Best Decade From Each DI Conference

D1 Mens Lacrosse
gymman1031

Which Program Will Have the Best Decade From Each DI Conference

Post by gymman1031 »

Multiple factors may go into what people consider having the best decade. But, naturally, conference titles and NCAA Tournament appearances and wins are key. Which program in each conference, if you include this shortened 2020 season and 2021-2029, will end up having the most successful decade. Here are all the conferences:

ACC
American East
Big East
Big Ten
CAA
Ivy League
MAAC
NEC
Patriot
Southern
redfoxalum

Re: Which Program Will Have the Best Decade From Each DI Conference

Post by redfoxalum »

ACC - Duke
American East - Albany
Big East - Georgetown
Big Ten - Maryland
CAA - Delaware
Ivy League - Harvard
MAAC - Marist
NEC - Hobart
Patriot - Navy
Southern - Richmond
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

redfoxalum wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:08 am ACC - Duke
American East - Albany
Big East - Georgetown
Big Ten - Maryland
CAA - Delaware
Ivy League - Harvard
MAAC - Marist
NEC - Hobart
Patriot - Navy
Southern - Richmond
I agree with most of your picks! However, Harvard for the Ivy League? You must have a lot of faith, which is fine, in Gerry Byrne. I would put in a vote, assuming both coaches stay, for Yale or Penn.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

I need to revisit this in a few weeks after the coaching dust settles to lock in my final picks...There are a few coaches out there that could leave in a few weeks (or years) and totally change the landscape of a few conferences...

ACC - UVA
American East - Albany
Big East - Denver/GT/Nova
Big Ten - Maryland
CAA - UMass/Towson/DE
Ivy League - Yale/Cornell/Princeton
MAAC - Marist
NEC - Hobart
Patriot - Loyola
Southern - Richmond
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:19 am I need to revisit this in a few weeks after the coaching dust settles to lock in my final picks...There are a few coaches out there that could leave in a few weeks (or years) and totally change the landscape of a few conferences...

ACC - UVA
American East - Albany
Big Ten - Maryland
CAA - UMass/Towson/DE
Ivy League - Yale/Cornell/Princeton
MAAC - Marist
NEC - Hobart
Patriot - Loyola
Southern - Richmond
I totally understand, Kramerica! Good call. The picks I am most confident in are Maryland for the Big Ten, Albany for the American East, Marist for the MAAC, and Richmond for the Southern.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

gymman1031 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:44 pm Multiple factors may go into what people consider having the best decade. But, naturally, conference titles and NCAA Tournament appearances and wins are key. Which program in each conference, if you include this shortened 2020 season and 2021-2029, will end up having the most successful decade. Here are all the conferences:

ACC
American East
Big East
Big Ten
CAA
Ivy League
MAAC
NEC
Patriot
Southern
ACC: Virginia (Confidence level: 8.5)
America East: Albany (Confidence level 7.5)
Big East: Georgetown (Confidence level 9.5)
Big Ten: Maryland (Confidence level 9.5)
CAA: Delaware (Confidence level 8.5)
Ivy: Yale (Confidence level 6.5)
MAAC: Marist (Confidence level 2)
NEC: Robert Morris (Confidence level 3)
Patriot: Loyola (Confidence level 8.5)
Southern: Richmond (Confidence level 4)
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Duke
Stony Brook
Georgetown
Maryland
Fairfield
Cornell (if Milliman stays); Yale (if Milliman goes to JHU)
Marist
Hobart (if Raymond stays); St. Joe's (if Raymond goes to JHU)
Army
Richmond
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Like the addition of confidence level!
We could rank the confidence 1-10!
If you need a points matix-

1 pt - Reg season title
2 pt - Conference tourney title/NCAA bid
3 pt - Each NCAA win
4 pt - NCAA Semifinal weekend participant
5 pt - NCAA Final participant
6 pt - NCAA title

Yes, quarantine is starting to get to me.

:D
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

ACC - Duke has some monsters coming in - next four or five years are going to be big
America East - Stony Brook - Gilardi is an awesome coach and has something going on out on Eastern LI
Big East - Villanova - The North Jersey pipeline does not look like it has an end (Delbarton, Seton Hall Prep, Summit, etc)
Big Ten - Maryland till Nads gets things going at Hopkins - Then look out. :lol:
CAA - Delaware just because.
Ivy League - Yale - as long as Shay can keep getting B students and transfers into Yale they will continue to dominate
MAAC - Marist - I believe in coach Wilkinson
NEC - St. Joseph's - Coach Wray continues to get great recruits from North Jersey and Long Island
Patriot - Loyola - why not?
Southern - Richmond until Chemotti finally takes over at Duke.
mississippislinger

Post by mississippislinger »

New guy on the block here, got pretty bored during this pandemic.

ACC- tied between Notre Dame and Duke here for me. It's very hard not to get excited about the young talent in Entenmann, Kavanaugh all while Duke is going to experience a solid young core when O'Neill and McAdorey arrive from St. Anthony's in 2020 and 2021 respectively. Cuse is not too far behind...

America East- Really don't see why you bet against Albany here. Marr is staying put, giving the Danes a recruiting edge over a Stony Brook or a Vermont (nothing against them, nice institutions), all the while the great relationship that Albany has with local native reservations.

Big East- Denver is going to rise once more. Hard to knock on the growing talent in the west and also hard to see Tierney leave the school with another head coach that wouldn't be fit to follow him. One dark horse I have for the Big East is Marquette, multiple freshmen were putting up big numbers this year.

Big Ten- Maryland is my favorite as of now but that can change any moment because Penn State has been one of the most exciting teams to watch the better part of the decade. Would be nice to see Rutgers and Michigan improve as well.

CAA- Delaware. They will solidify themselves as an elite program I say. Would not be surprised to see them in the Top 10 next year.

Ivy League- Biggest toss up but I will give the edge to Cornell if Millman stays. Man was Princeton an exciting team to watch this year! What a shame..

MAAC- a conference that is steadily improving. Im really not even a fan of them but I say St. Bonaventure builds a nice relationship with upstate NY and Ontario recruits. I really think they could have gotten a few wins this year. Call me crazy now but we can reconvene in 5 years.

NEC- this conference gets me JACKED UP. Hobart has a great offense, statistically the best in the country in our disappointing 2020. They also have a new sports dome that has been catching the attention of a lot of Syracuse area players. St. Josephs has a solid young group of guys like Anderson and Bohmer and a very good pipeline with Philly and North/Central Jersey guys as well. Hobart gets the edge here if Raymond stays and I believe Hobart is another team that will shock a lot of people next year.

Patriot- I really like both of the military schools here. Both Army and Navy have some of the most elite athletes in the game, also some of the grittiest. Army seemed to have beaten a ranked team every week this year while Navy is getting recruiting help with the acquisition of Joe Amplo from Marquette.

SoCo- tricky here but edge goes to Richmond over Air Force. It seems like Air Force beats Duke every year and it gets me fired up but Richmond has a fine coach in Chemotti, a growing populace of South Eastern lacrosse talent, and some elegant facilities they have put up recently.

Stay safe and healthy men, whaddya think?
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

mississippislinger wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:28 am
Ivy League- Biggest toss up but I will give the edge to Cornell if Millman stays. Man was Princeton an exciting team to watch this year! What a shame..
You might be right about Cornell. I love the way they played this year. Great freshman Michael Long at attack and unbelievably physical middies.

The Ivy League was so primed to dominate this year. I agree that it is a shame we never got to see what Cornell, Yale, Princeton and Penn could have done this year. Would not have surprised me in the least to see those four in the quarters and at least two in the final four.

The future of the Ivy League will be interesting. With Gerry Byrne at Harvard I think they have four to five teams that can be top 20 every year.
Surfs_Up

Post by Surfs_Up »

ACC: Duke
America East: Stony Brook
Big East: Denver
Big Ten: Penn State
CAA: Towson
Ivy: Yale
MAAC: Marist
NEC: Robert Morris
Patriot: Loyola
Southern: Air Force
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

With coaching changes made, and every position filled for next year, anyone have predictions to update? Raymond back at Hobart is huge.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

gymman1031 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:20 pm With coaching changes made, and every position filled for next year, anyone have predictions to update? Raymond back at Hobart is huge.
May lean back towards Towson as opposed to Delaware now that it's confirmed Nadelen will be there for awhile
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Any more updated predictions?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:19 am I need to revisit this in a few weeks after the coaching dust settles to lock in my final picks...There are a few coaches out there that could leave in a few weeks (or years) and totally change the landscape of a few conferences...

ACC - UVA
American East - Albany
Big Ten - Maryland
CAA - Towson
Ivy League - Yale
MAAC - Marist
NEC - Hobart
Patriot - Loyola
Southern - Richmond
Agree. Going with Towson now in the CAA, Yale in the Ivy. and Denver in the BE

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”