Matnum PI

Re: NESCAC 2020

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
oldlaxjunkie

Post by oldlaxjunkie »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:18 pm Jack Allard Returns Home.

http://fanlax.com/fanlax/2020/04/17/jac ... urns-home/
Thats unbelievable news. All things considered, he looks great! Praying for a speedy recovery.
LibertyL

Post by LibertyL »

Allard recovery so great. I do think Tufts will get a boost from all of this stuff we are
going thru due to size within NESCAC.
NELaxGuy33

Post by NELaxGuy33 »

https://www.nescac.com/sports/mlax/2019 ... ior_Salute

Not a single Amherst seniors headshot on this Senior Salute to the NESCAC MLAX seniors on their website....
MrLax2U

Post by MrLax2U »

Not a single Amherst seniors headshot on this Senior Salute to the NESCAC MLAX seniors on their website....
Maybe several NESCAC fans could post thumb nail sketches of the Amherst seniors on this thread. If there was a noteworthy play in an Amherst senior's career, I for one would like to read about it. That way we could give a little recognition to the men and their coaches and take some of the sting out of this petty PC injustice.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

NELaxGuy33 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:45 pm https://www.nescac.com/sports/mlax/2019 ... ior_Salute

Not knowing the details of everyone who was involved, it’s hard to completely condemn this. But I will do it anyway. I have to assume this was at Amherst’s behest, not the NESCAC. This is an absolutely minor thing in these kids life and in the world as it is going on now. But rather than excuse it that is exactly why this is so condescending and dumb. Even if some of the seniors were involved, this isn’t the Soviet Union. You are not disappearing them, they have not suddenly no longer existed. Submit a fricking picture, let their families see it.
jerseyman

Post by jerseyman »

NELaxGuy33 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:45 pm https://www.nescac.com/sports/mlax/2019 ... ior_Salute

I noticed this too. Sad.

So at this point, with no coaching staff, and potentially, with a shortened or cancelled summer season, how does Amherst lacrosse (such as it is) going to recruit current high school juniors - 2021s?
smoova

Post by smoova »

jerseyman wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:24 pm

I noticed this too. Sad.

So at this point, with no coaching staff, and potentially, with a shortened or cancelled summer season, how does Amherst lacrosse (such as it is) going to recruit current high school juniors - 2021s?
Coach Muldoon is still communicating with recruits.
AOD

Post by AOD »

pcowlax wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:51 pm

Not knowing the details of everyone who was involved, it’s hard to completely condemn this. But I will do it anyway. I have to assume this was at Amherst’s behest, not the NESCAC. This is an absolutely minor thing in these kids life and in the world as it is going on now. But rather than excuse it that is exactly why this is so condescending and dumb. Even if some of the seniors were involved, this isn’t the Soviet Union. You are not disappearing them, they have not suddenly no longer existed. Submit a fricking picture, let their families see it.
This is the Amherst way. Try to find a men's cross country roster from 2013-2017 on the Amherst website.
UpperCorner

Post by UpperCorner »

On a lighter note - good to see 4 NESCAC players on this list...

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... team/56318
nehslaxfan

Post by nehslaxfan »

Based upon what people saw on the field this shortened season any early predictions for next season?
gbj_bcr

Post by gbj_bcr »

Williams and Tufts will battle it out for top dog... with the Ephs on top. I know I know... they loose a lot, but they beat Union (a top 5-10 team) this year without Hoffman. Yes they loose a lot on the defensive end as well, but replacing good defense in the NESCAC has been easier than replacing good offense. Tufts is also a fantastic group, so that game will be fun to watch, as it would have been this year :oops:

A point to note is that Amherst and Williams will likely have some pretty fantastic incoming recruiting classes, as the new freshmen committed right after their NC and final four, respectively.
Hard to say what the Amherst Program will look like, but I don't think it will nearly be as big of a drop off as people think in 2021. With the transfer market flooded, it will be hard for players to leave if they want to. Incoming recruits also were accepted in December. The effect there may be seen in the 2022 season and forward, as the upcoming recruiting class will be harder to put together without a coach or summer tournaments this year (players will commit at the start of July).

Middlebury will also be a solid team. One team that could surprise a few next year is Bowdoin. They were young, and had an excellent freshman fo.
nehslaxfan

Post by nehslaxfan »

Thanks very much for the overview.based on IL fresh all American team it looks like Trinity has some good young players as well as Bowdoin. Could they be another sleeper? What about Wesleyan? They have been pretty good the last few years as well.
baxendale

Post by baxendale »

nehslaxfan wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:04 am Based upon what people saw on the field this shortened season any early predictions for next season?
Jumbos. Sharpie.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Tufts look like a juggernaut to me. So many weapons on offense and a pretty intimidating fogo tandem. Plus you win with upperclassmen and the Jumbos juniors and seniors are two very strong classes.
nehslaxfan

Post by nehslaxfan »

Tufts does seem to be the team to beat. It appears They are bringing in a very good fogo as well. What are their key losses this year? What do they hav Erin house to replace these losses?
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Jaycolb_ashton wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:49 pm Is mcafee looking to play d1? I can see Hoffman getting some good looks. Coffey can finish so he’ll find a spot. Mcafee probably not likely to make it through a d1 fall though (assuming he’s look to play something like big East). Good athlete, plays hard between the lines but not sure if his defensive prowess plays at a higher level.
Mcafee probably has a decent shot. I read that he chose Amherst over Bryant, Colgate, Providence, and Villanova so there's familiarity with D1 coaching staffs and some interest before - I imagine he's still intriguing after the Amherst career. Colgate isn't an option with Patriot League rules, but Nova and Bryant definitely have one year business or finance focused programs (not sure about Providence) that would make sense for an econ guy. I'm making a big assumption here, but the value of a lot of NESCAC guys in the portal is that they'll have the transcripts to get into grad programs. Makes them low investment, potential high return players for mid major coaches who may have already recruited them.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

nehslaxfan wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:18 pm Tufts does seem to be the team to beat. It appears They are bringing in a very good fogo as well. What are their key losses this year? What do they hav Erin house to replace these losses?
Key losses, Shanks, Trieber, Donahue and Pollack.

Returning 7 AA, including 2 attack, 3 poles, 1 mid, 1 fogo. Pollack and Theur split time in the cage, no drop off there. Walbaum back to top line middie.
nehslaxfan

Post by nehslaxfan »

Bringing back 7 all Americans is very impressive to say the least. What about their recruiting class, any standouts? Who else has strong classes coming in?
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

No Tufts guys but the ISL is sending some strong players to the NESCAC.

Really like what Middlebury adds with Cole Nye (Middlesex) and Jake Peluso (Tabor) two speedy middies who could see the field early, especially Nye who also plans to play football for the Panthers.

Amherst has a really good defender in Ryan Rahbany (Rivers). Like with Nye, I was a little surprised to see him go DIII. Haven't seen anything about him changing his commitment since what took place this spring.

Bowdoin has six ISL guys in their recruiting class, Conn College will have two in their class as well. All multi-year contributors in the ISL.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”