All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

6ftstick

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by 6ftstick »

Just read the link and take a guess at the OPINIONS included.

Like the others that refer to snake oil salesman.

Obvious objectivity ensues.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Kismet wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:36 pm
tech37 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:25 pm
njbill wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:18 pm
tech37 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:48 pm
njbill wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:29 pm
tech37 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:37 pm Also in general, I expect Swedes are healthier than say Italians. I bet that fact weighed in favor of their decision/approach.
Fredo is holding on line 2 for you, and he doesn’t sound happy.
:D

I know it's stereotypical, generalized, and probably not PC to many here but the fact remains, Swedes are a pragmatic lot living a pragmatic culture as compared...

Put another way, Greta Thunberg is Swedish, not Italian. :lol: Is that worse?
Ingrid Bergman vs. Sophia Loren. Debate among yourselves.
They both look great but Bergman is more pragmatic and healthier :D
Bergman is also DEAD while Sophia is still very much alive and looking FANTASTICO at 85!!
:roll: Yes Kismet...don't be a killjoy.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

njbill wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:31 pm
6ftstick wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:23 pm
tech37 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:37 pm Also in general, I expect Swedes are healthier than say Italians. I bet that fact weighed in favor of their decision/approach.

I know it's stereotypical, generalized, and probably not PC to many here but the fact remains, Swedes are a pragmatic lot living a pragmatic culture as compared...

It's my Dennis Miller theory of homosexuality shot through the movie "Boy and the Dolphin." If you're a 12-year-old boy and you're watching the movie "Boy and a Dolphin" and a 27-year-old Sofia Loren crawls up out of the Aegean Sea after sponge diving, she's standing there in the deck of the boat in a see-through gauze top, rivulets of water dripping off her torso onto the deck of the boat. If you're a 12-year-old boy and you're watching that and you still want to make it with the captain of the boat, you're gay.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050208/me ... 1671141376
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0DwM7xWpEA
It's better when she moves!
RedFromMI

Re: V-19 Death counts

Post by RedFromMI »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:40 pm Regarding death counts; can't we just guage the death count in the USA, based on the past few decades first quarter deaths.

For example, for the the first quarter, Jan, Feb, March, the United States, has averaged X, amount of deaths. Porpotional to the population, of course. Or, rather, a more simplistic look at 2017-19's total death count for the first quarter. Say, it is 600k. The three year average. In 2020, it is 620K. Logic would dictate, that 20K more people died in this years first quarter. Logic would also dictate that if you don't start with the TOTAL death count, and track any differences first, it is than impossible to determine the cause of deaths.

You don't care which of the 5 dogs ate your burger....you only care that the burger is gone. If your aren't missing any burgers, why are you looking to blame the dogs? Logic

Don't we compare year to year temps to determine climate warming of change ;) :lol:
Excess deaths have already been noted - and run way above the official case totals. In several countries for which there is good data. Try these on for size:

from https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... eaths.html
Screenshot_2020-04-22 28,000 Missing Deaths Tracking the True Toll of the Coronavirus Crisis.png
Screenshot_2020-04-22 28,000 Missing Deaths Tracking the True Toll of the Coronavirus Crisis.png (103.83 KiB) Viewed 1974 times
The official France death toll on April 5 was 10515. Excess deaths over 14500. Spain 13055 on same date.

Oh - the US will look the same...
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:47 pm
Just read the link and take a guess at the OPINIONS included.

Like the others that refer to snake oil salesman.

Obvious objectivity ensues.
Was the government panel "objective" 6ft?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

ggait wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:09 pm
The data shows that "stay-at-home" produced social distancing results of about 75-80% in Colorado.

More lies. Stop lying.

You make a claim.....support it. Provide the "data". Everyone been "tested" in Colorado?
3R -- here's the data. Chill. Read. Learn.

Come on 3R -- you see enough of my posts on here to know that I am a data lover. Not a bull shirter or polemicist. If I post it, you know I have back up. Calling me a liar for no reason undermines your credibility not mine.

Very good that Gov. Polis is taking a data driven approach to this crisis. Also good how transparent he's being about the basis for the actions being taken.

Stay safe, ggait

[Gov. Polis] used data presented at an earlier briefing by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment that showed the stay-at-home order and other measures put in place last month have led to social distancing in Colorado by about a 75% departure from normal.

Colorado School of Public Health Dean Dr. Jon Samet and CDPHE State Epidemiologist Dr. Rachel Herlihy said that the only way to keep the state from oversaturating the number of ICU beds in the state would be to keep those social distancing levels in the 65% range in the months ahead. Samet is among those leading the state modeling team, which also released its updated model Monday afternoon.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/c ... n-in-place
It is a lie, sorry if you think I am screaming it. There is zero proof that social distancing is flattening the curve.

I don't even know what that sentence means, " s.d. in Colorado by about a 75% departure from normal. "

There it is again, the fecesbook negative mindset. Us....or them. Really doctor Rachel Herlihy, literally, the ONLY way ? It's not.

Either way, you have provided zero research, that social distortion is working. Get it....it's real time....living , breathing data.

Your breath, with covid-19 droplets, gets carried how far, in say, the 20 to 30 knot winds, in the span of 5 seconds. Simple math problem. Come on, social distancing heros. how far? That sealed up , air tite system.....where you getting fresh air from? Good Hepa filters, changed as recommended? Get real.........we witnessed many of you, walking, maskless, into the local big box stores.......with central air.

what could go wrong, as long as you are 6 feet away from each other. :roll:
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

looks like hcq stays alive and doesn't get the chopping block. drop the z-pak.

i personally recommend not getting advice from any doctor that doesn't know both drugs contribute to qt prolongation, as even i knew that a number of weeks ago in a matter of hours and i hope i know a fraction of what a pro knows.

her's another article saying the same thing almost word for word, but in tossing in the VA study for emphasis --- tells us the non hcq group used a placebo. almost like it was a trial:
https://www.pharmaceutical-technology.c ... loroquine/

another personal recommendation -- stay away from pharmaceutical-technology.com for your medical advice as well.

here are the recommendations, verbatim:
https://covid19treatmentguidelines.nih. ... stigation/
here is their rating system:
https://covid19treatmentguidelines.nih. ... roduction/

it should also be noted... there is nothing they are recommending re: treatment.
Last edited by wgdsr on Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:03 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:40 pm Regarding death counts; can't we just guage the death count in the USA, based on the past few decades first quarter deaths.

For example, for the the first quarter, Jan, Feb, March, the United States, has averaged X, amount of deaths. Porpotional to the population, of course. Or, rather, a more simplistic look at 2017-19's total death count for the first quarter. Say, it is 600k. The three year average. In 2020, it is 620K. Logic would dictate, that 20K more people died in this years first quarter. Logic would also dictate that if you don't start with the TOTAL death count, and track any differences first, it is than impossible to determine the cause of deaths.

You don't care which of the 5 dogs ate your burger....you only care that the burger is gone. If your aren't missing any burgers, why are you looking to blame the dogs? Logic

Don't we compare year to year temps to determine climate warming of change ;) :lol:
Excess deaths have already been noted - and run way above the official case totals. In several countries for which there is good data. Try these on for size:

Screenshot_2020-04-22 28,000 Missing Deaths Tracking the True Toll of the Coronavirus Crisis.png

The official France death toll on April 5 was 10515. Excess deaths over 14500. Spain 13055 on same date.

That's neat, and all. simple...the United States only please. I will care about all those other countries when I can leave the house.

We have government agencies that track the death counts. I provided the link on Tuesday. From the CDC. Something wrong with professionals and their data. Instead, you bring infotainment as evidence. comical.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/COVID19/

632,092 total deaths in the USA, as of April 22, 2020 (hey, that's today ) How does that match up to the same time frame, in the previous ten years.

21K dead from V-19
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:24 pm

That's neat, and all. simple...the United States only please. I will care about all those other countries when I can leave the house.

We have government agencies that track the death counts. I provided the link on Tuesday. From the CDC. Something wrong with professionals and their data. Instead, you bring infotainment as evidence. comical.

632,092 total deaths in the USA, as of April 22, 2020 (hey, that's today ) How does that match up to the same time frame, in the previous ten years.

21K dead from V-19
It’s all fake and overblown. BPD officer we know died the other day from COVID19. May have been shot anyway so what’s the big deal. It’s all a hoax. Release the hounds. Let the dogs hunt.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:16 pm
It is a lie, sorry if you think I am screaming it. There is zero proof that social distancing is flattening the curve.
We all get it. There aren't any numbers or data that anyone can show you to convince you otherwise.

You can't even come up with what would prove that social distancing is working.

The ONLY way to test your theory.....is to just go about business as normal with zero changes.

And even then? What would you come back with if infections and deaths went through the roof? You'd come back with "so what, people die all the time".

And yet you wonder why no one wants to try your path.....
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:24 pm That's neat, and all. simple...the United States only please. I will care about all those other countries when I can leave the house.

There's nothing wrong with any of them.

We won't get an accurate accounting for what happened with this virus for years. You want accuracy...but you don't want to wait for it. It takes time to figure this stuff out.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

You got in early....no doubt

https://www.grandpad.net/tablet-feature ... ideo-calls

https://caribu.com/

you seem to attempt at making it personnel.....than could care less when others do the same. awesomer. it's always the religious ones too
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:24 pm

21K dead from V-19
Here is New York City (with 9/11 included for comparison):
Screenshot_2020-04-22 Deaths in New York City Are More Than Double the Usual Total.png
Screenshot_2020-04-22 Deaths in New York City Are More Than Double the Usual Total.png (53.01 KiB) Viewed 1943 times
DocBarrister

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by DocBarrister »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:55 pm
njbill wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:31 pm
6ftstick wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:23 pm

It's my Dennis Miller theory of homosexuality shot through the movie "Boy and the Dolphin." If you're a 12-year-old boy and you're watching the movie "Boy and a Dolphin" and a 27-year-old Sofia Loren crawls up out of the Aegean Sea after sponge diving, she's standing there in the deck of the boat in a see-through gauze top, rivulets of water dripping off her torso onto the deck of the boat. If you're a 12-year-old boy and you're watching that and you still want to make it with the captain of the boat, you're gay.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050208/me ... 1671141376
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0DwM7xWpEA
It's better when she moves!
:shock:

Ok, that test is probably 100% reliable and valid.

DocBarrister (Ohhhh, Sophia ....) :shock:
@DocBarrister
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:31 pm
We all get it. There aren't any numbers or data that anyone can show you to convince you otherwise.

The ONLY way to test your theory.....is to just go about business as normal with zero changes.

And even then? What would you come back with if infections and deaths went through the roof? You'd come back with "so what, people die all the time".

what path would that be, AFAN? Have you ever asked? just fecesbook, up/down mindset.

words like ONLY...... I can't deal with it.......more fecesbook like/dislike , nothing to discuss mindset.

You claim to be a philosophy major. I call bunk to that. You know rocks for Jocks? (easy lab for lax bros ) AFAN must have taken Socs for Jocks (Socrates for Jocks ) They way you black and white everything belies your education.

I LOVE data. You don't provide.
____________________-

Let's flip it. Say, when I called it months back, that this is a concern, but does NOT warrant the social distancing and unprecedented government interference. Especially in commerce. Picking winners and losers. So, flipped, that none of this happened. St. Patricks day events went on. Spring religious events went forward. School, etc. all the same.

And we had similar infection rates. Mortality count. ..... similar outcome. Can we prove that closing nothing. No $2 trillion, and counting, no vote bill. with no oversite for that money either. that doing nothing, the outcome would have been similar. I can prove that, just as you can prove that closing non essential business worked.

Especially, when I learned, from a front lines MD, that folks with the FLU, in early winter, 4 in November, 3 in December, have been re-tested for covid. 5 had anti bodies. We know, a sample so small, not even worthy of discussion. thumbs Up or Down, on this tweet. I had this re=tweeted more times than I have followers. what's that say about my influencing. . ...

You can't look at your own words. IF.....COULD......MAY.......same climate change words.

500 pages in, 95% of the comments about a tv show playboy.....blaming him, for geebusz know what next.

Nope.....keep on letting bigots write, "all S.D. enders, are birthers, tRump supporters" nonsense narrative. I mean, for heck sake, I am walking up to the store to get a gallon of milk, not going to a Klan rally or whatever you fecesbook, yes or noers are thinking . Are you?
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Sacramento County megachurch linked to 71 coronavirus cases, including 3 pastors
Accounts for a third of all cases in Sacramento County.

https://www.abc10.com/video/news/local/ ... 02d0592deb
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Blood clots seem to be a major factor in COVID death. Apparently affecting a third of all who die. Anticipated asthma comorbidity doesn't show up in the data.
Last edited by jhu72 on Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:00 pm what path would that be, AFAN? Have you ever asked?
Yep. Three times now. And every time I ask, you get mad, give me sentences that I don't understand, and don't answer the question.

I'll try again, get even more specific:

You're telling us that we can't prove that social distancing is helping to keep hospitals for being overwhelmed. Great. So what do you propose, for example, the governor of NY should have been doing all this time? You're suggesting he should have done nothing, and just see what happens, right?
a fan

Post by a fan »

ardilla secreta wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:03 pm Sacramento County megachurch linked to 71 coronavirus cases, including 3 pastors
Accounts for a third of all cases in Sacramento County.

https://www.abc10.com/video/news/local/ ... 02d0592deb
Impossible. Social distancing doesn't work, ardilla.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:31 pm

# RRR believes it is all a hoax.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”