The Nation's Financial Condition

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
njbill

Re: The Nation's Financial Condition

Post by njbill »

RedFromMI wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:57 pm
6ftstick wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:05 pm OK Oil futures are -36.47

Does that mean they'll pay me 36.47 to take a barrel of the stuff off their hands. :lol:
If you are willing to take a May delivery (starts Wednesday). Better have a place to put it...
Is there a minimum delivery? I can scrounge up a few gas cans in my garage. Am even willing to take them down to the end of the driveway so the fuel truck boys can give me curbside delivery.

I accept cash.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Very recent snapshot. Simply mind-blowing.

If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

“One cent a barrel oil. Trump gets played by the Saudis and Russians. Just like China. The job losses will be massive. Turns out having a dumb narcissist as President could not be more dangerous to America.”

David Plouffe— campaign manager for Barack Obama.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
Jim Malone

Post by Jim Malone »

Chinese owned Smithfield meat plant closing isn’t going to help matters either.
The parent, not the coach.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Jim Malone wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:06 am Chinese owned Smithfield meat plant closing isn’t going to help matters either.
Yup.....I was pretty much the only one wondering why no one cared about this...when it happened.

the commies Needed approval to buy the pig production (chicken too ) Approval from whom, I wonder :roll:

Which administration approved W.H. empire and monopolistic growth? yeah, the TRUE tea party people care about this. Lots of abused workers, especially at the racist named, S. Falls , SD plant, working at the meat plant.

All those "community" gardens, that dot many a neighborhood in our cities. Social distortion keeping those closed too?

TAATS.........look in the mirror.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Wonder if "some" of the old LP censors, aka MODS, culled these types of articles.

https://www.politico.com/story/2013/09/ ... eld-096399

Senate Agriculture Committee Chairman Debbie Stabenow has expressed concern the Shuanghui deal will be followed by a wave of other foreign acquisitions of U.S. food companies that collectively could pose a threat to U.S. food security.

“To be sure, the purchase of one American food company does not jeopardize America’s food independence. But Smithfield is our largest pork producer — will China or other countries seek to purchase our largest poultry, or dairy, or corn producers next? Is it in America’s security interests if in a decade or two our food supply is 30, or 60, or 90 percent foreign owned?” Stabenow wrote in an op-ed published Wednesday by POLITICO.

Look....over there....the worlds greatest distraction. taats are stealing our future.
Love trumps hate, but hate trump 24/7
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

https://apnews.com/c181344142f2f47c34ff80bdbc68d596

Seven out of eight recently unemployed Floridians are still waiting to be processed for benefits.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:47 am
Jim Malone wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:06 am Chinese owned Smithfield meat plant closing isn’t going to help matters either.
Yup.....I was pretty much the only one wondering why no one cared about this...when it happened.

the commies Needed approval to buy the pig production (chicken too ) Approval from whom, I wonder :roll:
The wealthiest family in the world didn’t get rich selling American made products. By the way, you can find plenty of Smithfield products at their quaint shops. Maybe that had something to do with getting approval to meet demand.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

So approx 1/10th of 1% of the program. That doesn’t even seem worthy of writing a response story about.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
a fan

Post by a fan »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:53 am So approx 1/10th of 1% of the program. That doesn’t even seem worthy of writing a response story about.
If all the small businesses that applied received funds? I'd agree.

That's not what happened.

And this "reloading" won't last a week. Congress is in la-la land.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

a fan wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:22 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:53 am So approx 1/10th of 1% of the program. That doesn’t even seem worthy of writing a response story about.

Which should tell you the government can't print enuff money to fix this economy. We need to get back to work
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:25 am

Which should tell you the government can't print enuff money to fix this economy. We need to get back to work
Of course we do...safely.
New blooms would absolutely crush us.

But yeah, the government can print a lot more money.

Didn't need to be this bad on the health side and thus on the economic cost, but that's a different argument.

But what a fan keeps saying in this thread is that not doing enough and fast enough on the financial side is also going to make the total economic cost much greater in the long run.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Yup, a lot of truly small businesses could have been saved with 3/8 of a billion dollars.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
a fan

Post by a fan »

I keep trying to tell you.....the State governments are barely in the way, if at all. Again....Iowa and six other States? No restrictions. And yet their economies are in the toilet, just like the rest of them.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

a fan wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:41 am

I keep trying to tell you.....the State governments are barely in the way, if at all. Again....Iowa and six other States? No restrictions. And yet their economies are in the toilet, just like the rest of them.
I keep trying to tell you the MSM has scared the h*ll of everyone. And all they do is sow confusion in the reporting to keep everyone guessing.
a fan

Post by a fan »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:35 am But what a fan keeps saying in this thread is that not doing enough and fast enough on the financial side is also going to make the total economic cost much greater in the long run.
Yep. Three times what it would have cost to go big back in March, and send $5K checks to all taxpayers per month until this is over. And mortgage/rent relief...

Would have been far cheaper. There's NO WAY Trump will tolerate double digit unemployment in November. He'll keep throwing money at that.
a fan

Post by a fan »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:42 am I keep trying to tell you the MSM has scared the h*ll of everyone. And all they do is sow confusion in the reporting to keep everyone guessing.
In every 1st world country? If America was the only country doing this? Your argument might hold water.

What is it that you think Americans should be doing that they aren't doing?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:42 am
a fan wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:41 am

I keep trying to tell you the MSM has scared the h*ll of everyone. And all they do is sow confusion in the reporting to keep everyone guessing.
:roll:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:44 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:35 am But what a fan keeps saying in this thread is that not doing enough and fast enough on the financial side is also going to make the total economic cost much greater in the long run.
Yep. Three times what it would have cost to go big back in March, and send $5K checks to all taxpayers per month until this is over. And mortgage/rent relief...

Would have been far cheaper. There's NO WAY Trump will tolerate double digit unemployment in November. He'll keep throwing money at that.
Unfortunately true.

and each daily, weekly, monthly decision to continue to not go big and direct is simply costing more and more...

Return to “POLITICS”