All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

cradleandshoot

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:55 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:52 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:38 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:37 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:36 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:34 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:11 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:37 pm Italy re-opening May 4th.

Most of America will then too. Not NY.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-52367635

Back to work!!!
Another article you appear not to have actually read.

Allow me to add some flavor:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/21/italy-s ... -says.html
:lol: :roll: Did you bother to read that one either?

Italy is likely to start easing its coronavirus lockdown from May 4, though the long-awaited rollback will be cautious and calculated, Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte said on Tuesday

tell me what is illegible to you!

:lol:
"illegible"???
Try reading the rest of the article, troll.
It takes a troll to know a troll... right MD... ;)
If you find me trolling, go ahead and call me out.
Specifically.

Lemme help you out:

Trolling is defined as creating discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people by posting inflammatory or off-topic messages in an online community. Basically, a social media troll is someone who purposely says something controversial in order to get a rise out of other users.
By that definition damn near everyone on this forum has been a troll at some point in time. I never consider myself a troll, just an jerk. I am sure you will have no disagreement with that. ;)
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
ggait

Post by ggait »

i don't know what soon means, but with the numbers we're experiencing here and abroad it'd be nice if we see tons of rigorous traditional trials from any number of drugs within weeks. there have been enough that have worked in vitro that hopefully something sticks.
There's lots of current HCQ trials going on.

Among the earliest to start were UMinn (started March 17) and UPenn (started April 3). Data has got to be very close to available.

https://med.umn.edu/news-events/covid-1 ... -minnesota

https://www.pennmedicine.org/news/news- ... nt-covid19
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

ggait wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:12 pm
i don't know what soon means, but with the numbers we're experiencing here and abroad it'd be nice if we see tons of rigorous traditional trials from any number of drugs within weeks. there have been enough that have worked in vitro that hopefully something sticks.
There's lots of current HCQ trials going on.

Among the earliest to start were UMinn (started March 17) and UPenn (started April 3). Data has got to be very close to available.

https://med.umn.edu/news-events/covid-1 ... -minnesota

https://www.pennmedicine.org/news/news- ... nt-covid19
The company that I know that’s working on it may have something promising. They will be starting phase 2 trials soon.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:07 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:55 pm

Back to work!!!

Italy is likely to start easing its coronavirus lockdown from May 4, though the long-awaited rollback will be cautious and calculated, Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte said on Tuesday

"illegible"???
If you find me trolling, go ahead and call me out.
Specifically.

Lemme help you out:

Trolling is defined as creating discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people by posting inflammatory or off-topic messages in an online community. Basically, a social media troll is someone who purposely says something controversial in order to get a rise out of other users.
By that definition damn near everyone on this forum has been a troll at some point in time. I never consider myself a troll, just an jerk. I am sure you will have no disagreement with that. ;)
Nah, you just vent a little bit over the top from time to time. I definitely don't think you're a jerk.

I try not to say something controversial just to get a rise out of others. I try to post my views based on actual substance and clear rationale, as best as I can express it. I try not to mischaracterize others's views (though Salty thinks I do his) and I sure as heck try to be accurate if I post a link to something, not take something entirely out of context.

Doesn't mean I'm right in my views, of course.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Back to work!!!

"illegible"???
I am only the resident jerk on these forums. No political persuasion one way or the other. I do have alot of fun f***ing with the FLP folks here. If their skin was any thinner you could use it to form a springroll. It is even more fun f***ing with our resident moderate republican. At least the FLP folks have decided what side of the fence they are on. Our resident moderate republican ain't made that decision in his lifetime. :D
ok, you added some actual trolling there.
Nigel

Re: CCP Wuhan CoronaVirus

Post by Nigel »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:48 pm

I hope he has consulted with King Andy. Our King is also Italian. He is a very thin skinned Italian, but Italian none the less. The King should be consulted, just ask him, he will tell you. :D

King Andy has a special message for you Cradle - When golfing, keep your head down on the ball, don't leave it short, and please social distance!
Bada Bing! Bada Boom!

If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
njbill

Post by njbill »

And replace your divots.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Yo, a fan, What the heck yippee Kai-ae mother you know what-er! Your boy is reopening your state!

https://www.cpr.org/2020/04/20/as-color ... -marathon/

Where’s the outrage!!! :lol: :lol:
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

Here is the sort of stuff the Trump campaign money is producing:

It's professionally produced, and I can assure you that the production budget for this piece alone is more than most of us gross in any 24 month period. This isn't grassroots agitation. Turn your speakers up.

Bill Gates the philanthropist is being roped in as a bad guy. Usually he is lumped in with the Clinton Foundation and Soros.

It is well written and produced. This isn't a grass roots endeavor. The editing is artful. The audio is tight as a drum.

Curious data like '98% of us could have already had this virus!!!' are tossed in without comment as if it is an established fact.
The objections are carefully couched as questions. The villains are from the standard portfolio of right wing bad guys. There are gobs of straw-man arguments. Abortion is thrown up as a crisis ignored by the scientists. All the tropes.....

Is this an attempt to keep us all from worshiping????? Science is atheist, ya know!!

Fauci is described as a leftist gay-supporting liberal. That the Gates Foundation works with him marks him as a baby killer! Fauci is just a puppet of the liberal gay lovin' contraception lovin' immigrant supportin' philanthropy of rich liberal fools!!

But this is why Trumpets are out protesting. Trump stands against anti life anti nationalist pro commonist pro evil forces, and scientists leaning on him to make a fake pandemic a reason to shut off his blossoming economy just shows how all elitists are aligned against the great patriot Trump!

If you want to know what the right wing money is promoting right now, watch this:

a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:56 pm Yo, a fan, What the heck yippee Kai-ae mother you know what-er! Your boy is reopening your state!

Nopity-nope. I haven't said boo about reopening timing. Nice try, though.

What I have said, repeatedly, is that the free market is going to keep things shut down for A LOT longer than the .gov will.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Hey Petey -- can we start a go fund me to get you a new pair of glasses? Your posts prove that you are completely unable to read anything in smaller type than the headlines. If you can read, then please just forking stop with the troll fake postings. JFC!!!!

Here's what the actual article says and what Gov. Polis is actually doing:

"Polis, speaking from the Governor's Mansion in Denver, said that the state isn't able to test enough -- and investigate confirmed positive cases -- to relax social distancing very much yet. "

Schools stay closed.
Stay at home whenever you can.
Oldsters stay inside.
All retailers can open, but only with curb-side or take-out.
Bars, clubs, restaurants stay closed. Maybe they could open in some restricted in mid-May, but that's very TBD.
Large workplaces, starting May 4, will be allowed to open at 50 percent capacity, with symptom and temperature checks for workers as they arrive.

I personally know a bunch of folks working with Polis on this. I can assure you that not one of them would even consider doing any of the stupid shirt you advocate on here.

Sheesh!!!!
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
DocBarrister

New Tragic Record Today

Post by DocBarrister »

Over 2,800 additional deaths today in the United States.

New deaths are still rising week-over-week.

DocBarrister :|
@DocBarrister
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Obviously, this guy voted for Hillary and is a sore loser:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2 ... cdirector/

"Even as states move ahead with plans to reopen their economies, the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warned Tuesday that a second wave of the novel coronavirus will be far more dire because it is likely to coincide with the start of flu season.

“There’s a possibility that the assault of the virus on our nation next winter will actually be even more difficult than the one we just went through,” CDC Director Robert Redfield said in an interview with The Washington Post. “And when I’ve said this to others, they kind of put their head back, they don’t understand what I mean.”

“We’re going to have the flu epidemic and the coronavirus epidemic at the same time,” he said.

Having two simultaneous respiratory outbreaks would put unimaginable strain on the health-care system, he said. The first wave of covid-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, has already killed more than 42,000 people across the country. It has overwhelmed hospitals and revealed gaping shortages in test kits, ventilators and protective equipment for health-care workers.

In a wide-ranging interview, Redfield said federal and state officials need to use the coming months to prepare for what lies ahead. As stay-at-home orders are lifted, officials need to stress the continued importance of social distancing, he said. They also need to massively scale up their ability to identify the infected through testing and find everyone they interact with through contact tracing. Doing so prevents new cases from becoming larger outbreaks.

Asked about protests against stay-at-home orders and calls on states to be “liberated” from restrictions, Redfield said: “It’s not helpful.” The president himself has tweeted encouragements of such protests, urging followers to “LIBERATE MINNESOTA!” and “LIBERATE MICHIGAN!”

Redfield said that he, along with other members of the White House coronavirus task force, have emphasized the importance of social distancing “and the enormous impact that it’s had on this outbreak in our nation."

As part of the White House guidelines released last week for a gradual reopening of the country, testing by CDC teams is already underway in nursing homes in four states for asymptomatic cases. The four states are Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota and Tennessee.

The CDC has also drafted detailed guidance for state and local governments on how they can ease mitigation efforts, moving from drastic restrictions such as stay-at-home orders in a phased way to support a safe reopening. Redfield said that guidance will be “in the public domain shortly.”

The CDC has about 500 staff in the states working on a variety of public health issues, and most will pivot to the covid-19 response, Redfield said. CDC also plans to hire at least another 650 personnel as experts to “substantially augment” public health personnel in the states and assist with contact tracing, among other tasks, he said.

But he acknowledged a much larger workforce is needed. Redfield said the agency is talking with state officials about the possibility of using Census Bureau workers and Peace Corps and AmeriCorps volunteers to build “an alternative workforce.”

The Census Bureau had earlier suspended field operations because of the pandemic and census personnel are already located in every jurisdiction, Redfield said. If there is an agreement to use census workers, they could be trained “to be part of a comprehensive contact tracing effort,” he said.

“These are all discussions that are going on to try to determine what is the optimal strategy to be used,” he said. “And it may be some combination of all three.”

Former CDC director Tom Frieden has estimated that as many as 300,000 contact tracers would be needed in the United States. The Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security and the Association of State and Territorial Health Officials — which represents state health departments — estimate 100,000 more contact tracers are needed than are in the states now and call for $3.6 billion in emergency funding from Congress.

In the summer months, U.S. health officials need to persuade Americans to think ahead to the fall and the importance of getting flu shots. That way, public health officials can minimize the number of people hospitalized from flu. Getting a flu vaccination, Redfield said, “may allow there to be a hospital bed available for your mother or grandmother that may get coronavirus.”

Luckily, the arrival of the novel coronavirus in the United States came as the regular flu season was waning, he said. By itself, a severe influenza season can strain hospitals and clinics.

If the first wave of the coronavirus outbreak and flu season had peaked at the same time, he said, “it could have been really, really, really, really difficult in terms of health capacity.”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

The CDC is located in? Georgia?
DMac

Post by DMac »

3rdPersonPlural wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:08 pm Here is the sort of stuff the Trump campaign money is producing:

It's professionally produced, and I can assure you that the production budget for this piece alone is more than most of us gross in any 24 month period. This isn't grassroots agitation. Turn your speakers up.

Bill Gates the philanthropist is being roped in as a bad guy. Usually he is lumped in with the Clinton Foundation and Soros.

It is well written and produced. This isn't a grass roots endeavor. The editing is artful. The audio is tight as a drum.

Curious data like '98% of us could have already had this virus!!!' are tossed in without comment as if it is an established fact.
The objections are carefully couched as questions. The villains are from the standard portfolio of right wing bad guys. There are gobs of straw-man arguments. Abortion is thrown up as a crisis ignored by the scientists. All the tropes.....

Is this an attempt to keep us all from worshiping????? Science is atheist, ya know!!

Fauci is described as a leftist gay-supporting liberal. That the Gates Foundation works with him marks him as a baby killer! Fauci is just a puppet of the liberal gay lovin' contraception lovin' immigrant supportin' philanthropy of rich liberal fools!!

But this is why Trumpets are out protesting. Trump stands against anti life anti nationalist pro commonist pro evil forces, and scientists leaning on him to make a fake pandemic a reason to shut off his blossoming economy just shows how all elitists are aligned against the great patriot Trump!

If you want to know what the right wing money is promoting right now, watch this:

Heck of a video. It is fortunate that Trump is the President, he is the only one, the chosen one, who can save us from all this. Whatever he says, however he says it, whatever he does, however he does it, is necessary for the survival of our country. He is the ultimate patriot, has the greatest vision, and a committment to the well being of the country like no other American. Anyone who thinks differently is an idiot and just doesn't get it. There's no room for discussion here.
See Peter Brown.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

little cuomo (and gupta at least w some caveats) taking shots at hcq to try to score points against trump with the same ammo in reverse... garbage studies.

love today's media.
Last edited by wgdsr on Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
old salt

Post by old salt »

calourie wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:32 pm IMHE numbers not looking good today. Likely to be a new high in US deaths, but at the same time it looks like some states are folding in senior care facility reporting when they hadn't in the past. For instance Cuomo reported 481 deaths in the morning which got recorded on the IMHE site, but now there are 764 being reported by the same site. The hodge-podge of information and mortality reporting makes tracking and projecting a very inconclusive science. Whatever the case there are a large number of people dying out there of this infection, and the numbers look like they will exceed the current projections by a substantial amount. One other disconcerting trend is that the deaths in Italy are not slowing down at anywhere near the projected rate. This may well indicate a reality which will impact us as well. South Korea and their hyper-intense testing regime seems to be the gold standard in dealing with this nightmare, but it looks like the US, if not already way too late, is too unruly in its' response to gain much benefit from their example. I would think a more focused effort to at least move in the South Korean direction would be advisable. In the meantime, judging from the response of Georgia and Governor Kemp it looks like some states will be dialing back to a more Swedish "let's just let it sweep through more of the population and see what happens approach". I doubt Kemp is consulting with Drs. Fauci and Birx about this approach, but in the not too distant future we should have enough data to evaluate its' efficacy. The results in Georgia and in other states which ease up on their distancing and activity guidelines should be revealing, and also very useful in mapping out our course into the future.
calourie -- how are things in your local CA community, with their unique demographics ? Are the hospitals holding up ? Did the things your Congressman was asking for arrive ? Is he still working the crisis as an ER doc ? Be well.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:56 pm Yo, a fan, What the heck yippee Kai-ae mother you know what-er! Your boy is reopening your state!

Fake Petey Brown -- if you bothered to read rather than troll, here's what you would be in danger of learning.

Colorado is not "re-opening", you dummy. Colorado is easing certain parts of its current "stay-at-home" order.

The data shows that "stay-at-home" produced social distancing results of about 75-80% in Colorado.

The target of the new "safer-at-home" order is to maintain the level of SD at 65% or more. Anything below 65% would be projected to overwhelm the health care system. Which would then require full "stay-at-home" to be reinstated.

So you are beyond brain dead to bull shirt on here about how "closed" (75% SD) is now "re-opened" (65% SD target).

Sheesh!!!!
old salt

Post by old salt »

ggait wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:49 pm

Fake Petey Brown -- if you bothered to read rather than troll, here's what you would be in danger of learning.

Colorado is not "re-opening", you dummy. Colorado is easing certain parts of its current "stay-at-home" order.

The data shows that "stay-at-home" produced social distancing results of about 75-80% in Colorado.

The target of the new "safer-at-home" order is to maintain the level of SD at 65% or more. Anything below 65% would be projected to overwhelm the health care system. Which would then require full "stay-at-home" to be reinstated.

So you are beyond brain dead to bull shirt on here about how "closed" (75% SD) is now "re-opened" (65% SD target).

Sheesh!!!!
Just curious -- how are the SD %'s measured ?
old salt

Post by old salt »

old salt wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:30 pm
calourie wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:32 pm IMHE numbers not looking good today. Likely to be a new high in US deaths, but at the same time it looks like some states are folding in senior care facility reporting when they hadn't in the past. For instance Cuomo reported 481 deaths in the morning which got recorded on the IMHE site, but now there are 764 being reported by the same site. The hodge-podge of information and mortality reporting makes tracking and projecting a very inconclusive science. Whatever the case there are a large number of people dying out there of this infection, and the numbers look like they will exceed the current projections by a substantial amount. One other disconcerting trend is that the deaths in Italy are not slowing down at anywhere near the projected rate. This may well indicate a reality which will impact us as well. South Korea and their hyper-intense testing regime seems to be the gold standard in dealing with this nightmare, but it looks like the US, if not already way too late, is too unruly in its' response to gain much benefit from their example. I would think a more focused effort to at least move in the South Korean direction would be advisable. In the meantime, judging from the response of Georgia and Governor Kemp it looks like some states will be dialing back to a more Swedish "let's just let it sweep through more of the population and see what happens approach". I doubt Kemp is consulting with Drs. Fauci and Birx about this approach, but in the not too distant future we should have enough data to evaluate its' efficacy. The results in Georgia and in other states which ease up on their distancing and activity guidelines should be revealing, and also very useful in mapping out our course into the future.
calourie -- how are things in your local CA community, with their unique demographics ? Are the hospitals holding up ? Did the things your Congressman was asking for arrive ? Is he still working the crisis as an ER doc ? Be well.
Update -- found this :
https://patch.com/california/palmdesert ... strictions

Return to “POLITICS”