Progressive Ideology

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: Progressive Ideology

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:35 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:58 pm Is this how TDS feels?

Definitely funny.
Unfortunately, it doesn't make the drug any more efficacious than it actually is.

And I'd be quite concerned about any doctor making the first statement based on how little is known for certain. However, that's just me being testy.

But it's a good joke.
The word for today is... efficacious. Very well done MD, I had to look that one up. :D
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:17 pm

Definitely funny.
Unfortunately, it doesn't make the drug any more efficacious than it actually is.

And I'd be quite concerned about any doctor making the first statement based on how little is known for certain. However, that's just me being testy.

But it's a good joke.
The word for today is... efficacious. Very well done MD, I had to look that one up. :D
My deceased old man would probably tweak me if I used a word like that at dinner...he'd say 'effficacious, efficacious', didn't he play right guard for the Packers? Joe Efficacious...greek guy..."
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Trump’s stopped talking it up.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

njbill wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:56 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:44 pm It’s funnier that Democrats keep trying to deny the beyond-obvious.
If by that you mean that the two stories have been given different treatment in the press, I don’t necessarily disagree. One quibble is that the Ford story is essentially over (old news now). I don’t think the Reade story is over yet. So to do a true and complete comparison, we may need to wait until after the election.

That is only half-fair. Because Kavanaugh's story was immediately seized upon by both the press and Democrats as self-evidently true with no due process. So far, Reade's story is a big yawn, to everyone.

The media's hypocrisy screams if your ears are open.

If you're a fan, you keep your ears closed and simply make more excuses for the media. Comme ci, comme ca.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Well, Ford’s story got big coverage immediately because of the timing, right in the middle of the BK hearings. That’s why I say let’s wait and see how the Reade story develops and what coverage it gets. Even you would have to concede that it is not the biggest news story today. Let’s see what happens if (hopefully) the COVID-19 pandemic quiets down and the country’s (and the press’) attention turns to the general election. You may end up being right – that at the end of the day the Ford story will have gotten greater coverage. But let’s check the score when the game is over, after the election.

BTW, better print out this post and stick it to your wall. Might be the only time I ever say you might be right about something. :lol:
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:35 pm

If you're a fan, you keep your ears closed and simply make more excuses for the media. Comme ci, comme ca.
:lol: So the Federalist....the publication that's whining about WaPo "not covering Reade" enough.....covers Reade's story less than the WaPo does.....and you just want to hold your breath, stomp your feet, and pretend that that obviously hypocrisy on the part of the Federalist "doesn't count".

You think this kind of intellectual bankruptcy flies around here? You were called out. Your point has failed.

Yeah, okie-dokie. Call us when this is front page FoxNews. They----laughably---haven't covered Reade's story "enough", either. :lol: I looked today. Not a word about Reade. Whoops. Guess they "forgot" that the "MSM is covering for Biden", and are covering for Biden, too.

You were pinned to the mat on this issue hours ago, Pete. The fans have gone home and went to bed.....no one is around for you to complain that you won the match. :lol:
a fan

Post by a fan »

njbill wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:12 pm Well, Ford’s story got big coverage immediately because of the timing, right in the middle of the BK hearings. That’s why I say let’s wait and see how the Reade story develops and what coverage it gets. Even you would have to concede that it is not the biggest news story today. Let’s see what happens if (hopefully) the COVID-19 pandemic quiets down and the country’s (and the press’) attention turns to the general election. You may end up being right – that at the end of the day the Ford story will have gotten greater coverage.
In order for this nonsense to be true? FoxNation has to cover it, nonstop. Or, laughably, Petey's Federalist, and their whopping one whole story on Reade's claims. :lol:

(pssst. FoxNews is covering it even less than the other outlets. No one cares right now. Don't tell Pete, it will ruin yet another one of his rightwingtinfoilhat theories)
old salt

Post by old salt »

Listen closely to Cuomo's voice & diction. He does a great Christopher Walken imperssion.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Bingo. A little bit of psycho in there.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:22 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:17 pm

Definitely funny.

But it's a good joke.
My deceased old man would probably tweak me if I used a word like that at dinner...he'd say 'effficacious, efficacious', didn't he play right guard for the Packers? Joe Efficacious...greek guy..."
I like your old man's sense of humor.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:36 pm

:lol: So the Federalist....the publication that's whining about WaPo "not covering Reade" enough.....covers Reade's story less than the WaPo does.....and you just want to hold your breath, stomp your feet, and pretend that that obviously hypocrisy on the part of the Federalist "doesn't count".

You think this kind of intellectual bankruptcy flies around here? You were called out. Your point has failed.

Yeah, okie-dokie. Call us when this is front page FoxNews. They----laughably---haven't covered Reade's story "enough", either. :lol: I looked today. Not a word about Reade. Whoops. Guess they "forgot" that the "MSM is covering for Biden", and are covering for Biden, too.

You were pinned to the mat on this issue hours ago, Pete. The fans have gone home and went to bed.....no one is around for you to complain that you won the match. :lol:

"pinned to the mat" :lol:

I need a gif for 'beyond frustrated'. I think you're drinking too much of your own swill.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

a fan wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:41 pm
njbill wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:12 pm Well, Ford’s story got big coverage immediately because of the timing, right in the middle of the BK hearings. That’s why I say let’s wait and see how the Reade story develops and what coverage it gets. Even you would have to concede that it is not the biggest news story today. Let’s see what happens if (hopefully) the COVID-19 pandemic quiets down and the country’s (and the press’) attention turns to the general election. You may end up being right – that at the end of the day the Ford story will have gotten greater coverage.
In order for this nonsense to be true? FoxNation has to cover it, nonstop. Or, laughably, Petey's Federalist, and their whopping one whole story on Reade's claims. :lol:

(pssst. FoxNews is covering it even less than the other outlets. No one cares right now. Don't tell Pete, it will ruin yet another one of his rightwingtinfoilhat theories)
You're making our point. NO ONES COVERING IT

Blase Ford was above the fold for weeks. The coverage didn't happen because of the timing. The timing happened because of the hearing.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

6ftstick wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:54 am
a fan wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:41 pm

You're making our point. NO ONES COVERING IT

Blase Ford was above the fold for weeks. The coverage didn't happen because of the timing. The timing happened because of the hearing.

The last thing you want to do here is point out an obvious contradiction to any lefty, but mostly to a fan. He'll now post a 4 page long dissertation as to why YOU are incorrect! :lol:
a fan

Post by a fan »

6ftstick wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:54 am You're making our point. NO ONES COVERING IT
:lol: I see. So YOUR point is that Right Wing Media is covering for Joe Biden?

And is therefore not picking up Reade's story??

Yeah, ok. Makes total sense.

6ftstick wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:54 am Blase Ford was above the fold for weeks. The coverage didn't happen because of the timing. The timing happened because of the hearing.
Yep. Another of my points. Ford testified on live TV that was covered by multiple channels during Senate confirmation hearings for a seat on the Supreme Freaking Court. Millions of people watched that.

And you and Petey want to play dumb, and act like you don't know why newspapers covered the story?

I'll wager all the money in my pockets, against all the money in your pockets that if you get Reade to testify in front of a Senate Hearing as Ford did? Every outlet...including FoxNews, will finally put this on the front page.

Until then? No one cares while a virus is shutting down the entire world. Shocker, I know.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:50 am
a fan wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:36 pm

"pinned to the mat" :lol:

I need a gif for 'beyond frustrated'. I think you're drinking too much of your own swill.
No. I just can add and subtract. The Federalist ran one single story on Reade. WaPo has run a few stories, and a few OpEds. That's MORE than the Federalist has done to cover Reade's claims.

In what world does the Federalist get to complain about "the media not covering the story enough" when they themselves aren't covering the story?

What don't you understand here?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:45 am
6ftstick wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:54 am You're making our point. NO ONES COVERING IT

6ftstick wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:54 am Blase Ford was above the fold for weeks. The coverage didn't happen because of the timing. The timing happened because of the hearing.
Yep. Another of my points. Ford testified on live TV that was covered by multiple channels during Senate confirmation hearings for a seat on the Supreme Freaking Court. Millions of people watched that.

And you and Petey want to play dumb, and act like you don't know why newspapers covered the story?

I'll wager all the money in my pockets, against all the money in your pockets that if you get Reade to testify in front of a Senate Hearing as Ford did? Every outlet...including FoxNews, will finally put this on the front page.

Until then? No one cares while a virus is shutting down the entire world. Shocker, I know.
Maybe I'm dumb here a Fan... in what context would such hearings take place? This would be criminal proceedings against Joe Biden for such testimony to take place. How this would get to senate hearings is beyond me?
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

You're on
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:49 am
Maybe I'm dumb here a Fan... in what context would such hearings take place? This would be criminal proceedings against Joe Biden for such testimony to take place. How this would get to senate hearings is beyond me?
All McConnell has to do is issue a subpoena. Boom. Done.
a fan

Post by a fan »

6ftstick wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:50 am

You're on
Done.

And one day you and Pete will have to explain to me why Hannity, Rush, and FoxNation are covering for Joe Biden by not covering Reade's story.

I just checked FoxNews' homepage. Not a single word about Reade. Why aren't they covering her story? Take your sweet time coming up with an excuse as to why.....
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:53 am
6ftstick wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:50 am

You're on
Done.

And one day you and Pete will have to explain to me why Hannity, Rush, and FoxNation are covering for Joe Biden by not covering Reade's story.

I just checked FoxNews' homepage. Not a single word about Reade. Why aren't they covering her story? Take your sweet time coming up with an excuse as to why.....

Maybe ‘conservative’ media is slightly more sane than the clowns on the left?

Return to “POLITICS”