All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

MDlaxfan76

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Trinity wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:06 am https://twitter.com/althomelandsec/stat ... 76448?s=21

Quite the photograph.
did you watch the video of her screaming at him?
"Go to China"...

I repeat my earlier term, IDIOTS
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

dislaxxic wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:58 am A watchdog out of Trump's grasp unleashes wave of coronavirus audits

Before the nitwits start bleating about Libs out to get Don the Con AGAIN...who DOESN'T want the distribution of this kind of coin monitored and audited?? Understand that this procedure is MANDATED by law and applies to whatever administration happens to be in place at the time...

The way Trump has systematically undermined and marginalized the internal systems meant to protect the integrity of these processes is what is worth vilifying, if anything.

We'll see what Mr. Dodaro turns up...maybe it'll be a glowing report of competent administration of a massive government program...?

atta boy Bart.......now you are catching on. TAATS and follow the money.

THIS......is all that matters. The money.

and you clowns have spent, nay wasted, years, of political capital attacking his PERSONALITY. and frankly NON-tRump supporters patience, to the point where some may actually vote for him......fact. But, by following the money, you lift the "transparancy" covers off all the gifting and grifting . TAATS.

Maybe if the WashPost had actual NEWS stories on its front page, instead of opinions, you would care about the money. However, and it's laughable, you DO realize tha bozo's the amazoning clown, (Jeff bezxo's ) is SUING the US Fed. govt. because they didn't get a contract....or did....but didn't.....

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/13/amazon- ... -jedi.html
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:47 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:43 pm Reported US coronavirus deaths:

50 days ago: 1 death
40 days ago: 31 deaths
30 days ago: 249 deaths
20 days ago: 3,003 deaths
10 days ago: 16,684 deaths
Right now: 41,379 deaths
I am waiting for an uptick in Wisconsin and Michigan.
Why in the world would you want the numbers to go up?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:00 pm
Cooter wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:26 pm You sound rather livid. :lol:
No, I'm all good. Enjoying the extra family time...and like you, missing lacrosse.
I am confused. You said you were all alone.
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

Still comparing Argentina with Brazil. Argentina with just under 3,000 cases. Brazil with just under 40,000. The difference? Government response with social distancing. Argentina got its information from Italy. Bolonaro takes his cues from the US, especially Trump, and downplays the virus a "a little flu." My guess is that Bolsonaro hopes it kills large parts of indigenous population in the Amazon so that more logging and deforestation can happen. If this virus doesn't convince people about globalization, nothing will ... for better or worse. Lose the Amazon and lose the greatest carbon sink we have on dry land. Back to work! Arbeit macht frei.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:43 am more black hole ranting.

I can't tell whether your issue is the word 'south' about where such museums are because there are indeed 'glorifications' outside of the Deep South or whether you are arguing as to whether such 'glorifications' are appropriate.

Not sure I care what you are ranting about.

Took a bike ride through Gettysburg a couple of years ago, but last time on a tour was when my son was in middle school, so maybe a dozen years ago. So what.

I'm not a Civil War buff. wouldn't claim any special expertise, but I have read a lot of history and certainly in my educational era in Baltimore and with family throughout the south had quite a lot of exposure.
You made a claim. And now can't back it up.

And blame ME ? Shows what real class you DON't have.

Stop stating opinions as if fact. you made the claim that southern museums display show, or have.......and refuse to provide ONE example.

Why did we all go to college.....to debate like this? Make a statement, back it up. Don't blame me/others, when the blame is in the mirror.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

a fan wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:30 amEnjoying the extra family time...and like you, missing lacrosse.
Speaking of missing lacrosse...

I've been curious lately, well, before this point actually, about my fellow denizens actual lacrosse experience...does anyone feel like it would be interesting to have something like a "Lacrosse Vitae" thread to put out what everyone (Water Cooler types, especially) did/does in lacrosse?

Were/Are you a Player? Coach? Fan? Admin? One? All? Nothing nefarious, genuinely curious about everyone's experiences...

Course, doing that in a pandemic thread wouldn't be appropriate...so...it's own thread? [Now that i think of it, maybe there already IS such a place...hmmm]

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

runrussellrun wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:39 am

I can't tell whether your issue is the word 'south' about where such museums are because there are indeed 'glorifications' outside of the Deep South or whether you are arguing as to whether such 'glorifications' are appropriate.

Took a bike ride through Gettysburg a couple of years ago, but last time on a tour was when my son was in middle school, so maybe a dozen years ago. So what.

I'm not a Civil War buff. wouldn't claim any special expertise, but I have read a lot of history and certainly in my educational era in Baltimore and with family throughout the south had quite a lot of exposure.

Stop stating opinions as if fact. you made the claim that southern museums display show, or have.......and refuse to provide ONE example.

Why did we all go to college.....to debate like this? Make a statement, back it up. Don't blame me/others, when the blame is in the mirror.
You're picking a fight with me, I'm not interested in.
why debate, if I know you'll just keep saying 'squirrel'.

It's like Lucy with Charlie Brown.
Enough with moving the ball.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

dislaxxic wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:42 am
a fan wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:30 amEnjoying the extra family time...and like you, missing lacrosse.
Speaking of missing lacrosse...

I've been curious lately, well, before this point actually, about my fellow denizens actual lacrosse experience...does anyone feel like it would be interesting to have something like a "Lacrosse Vitae" thread to put out what everyone (Water Cooler types, especially) did/does in lacrosse?

Were/Are you a Player? Coach? Fan? Admin? One? All? Nothing nefarious, genuinely curious about everyone's experiences...

Course, doing that in a pandemic thread wouldn't be appropriate...so...it's own thread? [Now that i think of it, maybe there already IS such a place...hmmm]

could be in Politics section, but definitely a separate thread.
would be interesting.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:25 am

'want'???
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:51 am
runrussellrun wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:39 am

You're picking a fight with me, I'm not interested in.
why debate, if I know you'll just keep saying 'squirrel'.

It's like Lucy with Charlie Brown.
Enough with moving the ball.
I may be many things....but lacking parenthetical gentlemenly skills apparently isn't part of my cloth......

NO DUH.....I am picking a debate with you. ANd, a debate with anyone who makes opinionated statements, presented as FACTS. We will no longer tolerate it. Notice me "debating" with PB on his hypocrisy regarding what matters....money...and how tRump just spends and spends.

We will continue to do this.

Same goes for the Denver/nurses showdown. Your first instinct is " IDIOTS'

Mine? My first instinct, or thought is: " gee, I hope those people (pick up truck ) don't have a 10 year old, with cancer, and the hopstitol staff are preventing the parents from seeing the child, b/c the hospital thinks, due to the 10 year olds weakened immune system, that child is at risk"

4 sides to every story. You show your lack of class, calling , without an inkling of what's going on, these people "idiots". perhaps they are. But, no one you just didn't see the image...and swallow it like the good lemming/sheeple that you are.

You mite change your tune , if kept from dying relatives..........perhaps? Even a little bit?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

runrussellrun wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:17 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:33 pm
a fan wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:28 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:08 pm Nah, that's what we have national intelligence agencies for. We don't have states doing this.

And the IC knew. And Trump knew.
US intel has the exact numbers of dead? Or heck, within a reasonable range?

I'd wager they don't.

And yes, we ALL assumed they are lying. But again: in what world does that give them a pass?

And again, if it was a EU nation reporting the real carnage in real time, with real media cameras? I believe that would have been ENORMOUSLY helpful. Its really difficult to picture what a pandemic looks like....

Agree to disagree. Let's move on...
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 114753.htm

Smart people had been anticipating something like this. We were slow to react. Lots of reasons why.
While stretching yesterday in the public park, overheard the conversation of 3 people. Talking about the value of education. How UN-educated people are hurting society. Other elitist nonsense.

I was actually laughing, they were such stereotypical pretends. Finally, asking them, since they came next to me, while I was stretching, in my best Ferris, "Yeah, education IS important. Are you talking actual life experience as education , coupled with college degrees, or just college degrees alone". They looked at each other, nodded that it was an interesting question, all 3 concluding that " college degrees. Especially Masters & above"

Ok......the pretends, stereotype was in full view now. I sardonically replied, " RIGHT.....and where they earned those degrees, is important too, right? I mean, I'm listening to someone from Harvard over UMass-Boston, right? "

The two women, picked up the sardonic tone, remained silent. the guy.....nope. He went on blabbering , agreeing with me. .

Finally done with stretching, I got up, and declared my faux affinity for their bigotted viewpoint.

"Yup..you are correct. College degrees are ALL that matter. Especially from the "right" ones. (oh, I emphasized the RIGHT alright) Lincoln, Truman, just horrible Presidents. No degrees.
" and quickly, of course added, " since you don't value NON-educated people, guessing you don't listen to college drop outs like Bill Gates, " at this point, he too picked up the sarcasm . The two woman, actually, looked ashamed.
"
And, yes, I left them with the question, "do you realize how closed minded and bigotted you all sound ? "

Smart people? Any of these 7 recommendations appear to be coming from "smart people"?

https://www.centerforhealthsecurity.org ... tions.html

I mean, with smart people REALLY laying out the groundwork, and details, on what, when and how, to do things. Seriously, this is the best that "smart" people can come up with? Vague, rudderless,

I do so love these smart people. writing junk like this: (from recommendation #2 )

During a catastrophic outbreak, countries may be reluctant to part with scarce medical resources. A robust international stockpile could therefore help to ensure that low and middle resource settings receive needed supplies regardless of whether they produce such supplies domestically.

What the heck.......can any of you quantify what that number would even be? ROBUST...stockpile. What does this even mean, in the real world?

TLD, you think AFAN is making ROBUST amounts of alcohol, or, could he give you a pretty gosh darn close & accurate number?

So, you guys are agreeing with me. That event 201 was useless. A complete waste of time? The coffee IS great at that hotel tho....
You don’t have to go to college to be educated. But I am sure, being uneducated is better than being educated right or they are =.

That event was in October/November 2019 or was it October/November 2016? Delusional.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:25 am

Your brain is polluted.
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:05 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:58 am

What does your knowledge of Shermans March to the Sea tell you? If your a Yankee like me, he has always been a hero. If you are a southerner whose family members and non combatants suffered through the carnage of the march, Sherman was a war criminal. He skirted the edges of his authority and his men acted more like an out of control mob than a disciplined army. War is hell and Gen Sherman sure proved that. Right or wrong Gen Shermans crusade through the south has never been forgotten and never been forgiven all these years later by the folks of the south. The end justifies the means as the saying goes.
Brutal, and by our standards of warfare today, yes, criminal.
For me, it's not actually a close call.

The history of warfare is ugly, very ugly, and it ALL should be understood, not white washed.
100% agreement.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Remake of The Warriors 2020

If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
Typical Lax Dad

Nigel wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:57 am Remake of The Warriors 2020

The Warriors did it! I loved that film.
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:05 am

Warriors, come out and play... just stay six feet away... :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:20 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:05 am

Warriors, come out and play... just stay six feet away... :D
I saw that movie in the movie theater when it came out. I watched it in cable a few years ago. It was excellent. Was there a remake?
“I wish you would!”
DocBarrister

New Aid Bill Not Enough

Post by DocBarrister »

It’s mostly the Republicans trying desperately to stick with their obsolete and delusional “small government” ideology.

This new aid bill is not nearly enough. Buys them about another two weeks before the PPP is drained again.

Plus, where is the second round of stimulus checks? The meager $1,200 can’t even cover the rent for many folks.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-polic ... -business/

DocBarrister :roll:
@DocBarrister
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Republican Governor in a purple state = Not an Idiot:

https://www.unionleader.com/news/health ... db860.html

Support for measures to flatten the contagion over immediate "reopening:"

https://www.nhpr.org/post/survey-most-n ... y#stream/0

Return to “POLITICS”