All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

cradleandshoot

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:31 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:30 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:21 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:12 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:02 pm
6ftstick wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:47 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:37 pm
6ftstick wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:12 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:58 pm
6ftstick wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:07 am This kind of BS has to stop.

How can there be two conclusions 180 degrees apart based on published results.
Simple. Because people are trying to rush the established scientific method and procedures surrounding drug/vaccine testing.

And then they complain when the faulty conclusions are all over the place.

Virologists have been trying to explain this to everyone, but no one, including you, wants to hear it.

This is all rushed, half baked science done in the middle of a pandemic. OF COURSE the numbers are forecasts are going to be wrong. OF COURSE conclusions about drugs are going to be wrong.

There's only so many times scientists can explain this to people. At some point, you have to listen to them.

Or not. And do like Pete Brown does and "blame the liberals", because he thinks vaccines care about party affiliation. :roll:
Nonsense. Did you bother to read the summary of 1061 patients. From one of the worlds most stellar researchers.

This is nothing more than Trump Derangement Syndrome on steroids.
From “one” is part of the issue.
More nonsense. What if he's only 25% right instead of 97% Thats still 250 people who are alive that would've ben dead..

Read this whole thing. And if you're rational you'll see that TDS is driving this obstruction to this treatment.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/didier-ra ... racle-drug
The science will work its way through and it will be based on more than “one” guy.
The sad part is by the time the science works its way through alot of these people protesting will have lost their business, their way of living and will be flat broke. They should just STFU and suck it in? I suppose if any of us had our entire livlihood on the line we would all be pretty unhappy about watching it go down the drain while scientist bicker back and forth about what they think we should do. Those scientists, many of them are not staring bankruptcy square in the face. This does not mean the scientists are wrong. It means continuing to shut down business has to be unsustainable. It is a pretty crappy choice but all of us should understand why so many people are frustrated and angry.
Hopefully we will be in a better position if it re-emerges. You can’t rush science. You want to get it right. I don’t believe anyone has said people should not be frustrated or angry. Your president shouldn’t be fanning flames.
The president should know when to keep his mouth shut. He has been incapable of doing so. To my understanding opening up their states poses different problems to each and every governor. Where the balance lies with each governor is agonizing to no end. Open to soon and risk the virus spreading again. Stay shut down too long and a lot of people will lose everything they have worked their life for. i am no fan of Andy but the guy looks like he has aged 10 years in a month.
It will be sorted out. Half the planet is in the same boat.
The process of that sorting out will create untold misery for people that thought their lives were fine just 3 months ago.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:23 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:08 pm
tech37 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:26 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:53 am
tech37 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:05 am If they were brown people you wouldn't hear a peep out of MDlax. He's a champion all right, champion of identity politics.
not sure where you get that from, but sure, I do think that folks have some legit beefs based on how more dominant parts of society have treated them.

You want to call that "identity politics", I'd just call it keeping it real.

But the comment about the 'idiots' in these protests weren't about any sort of racial identity politics if that's your concern...unless you see that in the Confederate flag stuff? I guess I'd agree with you that those particular protestors probably fit into the 'idiot' category. Same for the 'idiots' carrying the assault weapons.
Point is...if anyone who you consider a Trumpist ( :roll: ) had questioned protester's intelligence as you did, and the protesters were non-white, you'd be claiming "racism" on here. ;)
really?

Or are you saying that if someone said because they were non-white they were idiots?
Or called them idiots while waving the confederate flag perhaps?

This isn't rocket science.
Be racist and we'll know it.

Just be an idiot, whatever color, and we can know that too.
Does waving a rebel flag make a person an idiot? Does waving a BLM flag make somebody anti cop? Does waving a don't tread on me flag make someone a racist? Does waving a Betsy Ross flag also make you a racist? In America who should care what kind of flag you want to wave? The last time I checked we were all free to wave whatever flag we want. Hell if you choose to do so you can burn old glory in the street and in the eyes of some folks, that makes you a true American patriot. Any of you geniuses out there that can figure this entire mess out please advice as to what the solution is. That is what freedom means. When our government starts deciding what are good flags or bad flags this country is sliding down one very slippery slope that will not end well.
We quite agree that we have the freedom to be whatever sort of 'idiot' we prefer.

I certainly wasn't suggesting that the government or even a POTUS should be telling us what flags we should salute, which we should not.

But, yeah, if you choose to fly the Confederate battle flag I'll certainly understand that you're giving the finger to the descendants of slaves. But, hey, you might have some other intent and just be too stupid to realize the offense you are giving? Possible.

Pretty sure you'd know what flying a swastika flag meant to express, too.

On BLM, some may well intend to be offensive to police, but lots do not mean it the way those using the Confederate flag intend. They do all want less police violence disproportionate based on ethnicity. So do lots of police, btw.

The Betsy Ross flag, as we discussed, has been a recent appropriation by those wanting to send a racist message. But your having it clearly had no such meaning.

I'm strongly opposed to burning the US flag, but you and I would agree that the government shouldn't get involved.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

RedFromMI wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:33 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:32 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:28 pm
tech37 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:05 am If they were brown people you wouldn't hear a peep out of MDlax. He's a champion all right, champion of identity politics.
not sure where you get that from, but sure, I do think that folks have some legit beefs based on how more dominant parts of society have treated them.

But the comment about the 'idiots' in these protests weren't about any sort of racial identity politics if that's your concern...unless you see that in the Confederate flag stuff? I guess I'd agree with you that those particular protestors probably fit into the 'idiot' category. Same for the 'idiots' carrying the assault weapons.
Point is...if anyone who you consider a Trumpist ( :roll: ) had questioned protester's intelligence as you did, and the protesters were non-white, you'd be claiming "racism" on here. ;)
really?

Or are you saying that if someone said because they were non-white they were idiots?

Does waving a rebel flag make a person an idiot? Does waving a BLM flag make somebody anti cop? Does waving a don't tread on me flag make someone a racist? Does waving a Betsy Ross flag also make you a racist? In America who should care what kind of flag you want to wave? The last time I checked we were all free to wave whatever flag we want. Hell if you choose to do so you can burn old glory in the street and in the eyes of some folks, that makes you a true American patriot. Any of you geniuses out there that can figure this entire mess out please advice as to what the solution is. That is what freedom means. When our government starts deciding what are good flags or bad flags this country is sliding down one very slippery slope that will not end well.
Just don’t kneel
:?: Sorry TLD, i don't get what you are saying.
Kaepernick...
Got it, never liked what he was doing but he had every right to do what he did. That being said people were going to never understand the statement he was making. Doing it on the field was his choice but the fact alot of people did not like where he chose to make the statement caused the entire sheet storm. i suppose if some good old boy in the NFL had kneeled with a tiny rebel flag in his hand there would have been just as big of a sheet storm. IMO your personal feelings are probably best left off the field of play.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:36 pm

really?

We quite agree that we have the freedom to be whatever sort of 'idiot' we prefer.

I certainly wasn't suggesting that the government or even a POTUS should be telling us what flags we should salute, which we should not.

But, yeah, if you choose to fly the Confederate battle flag I'll certainly understand that you're giving the finger to the descendants of slaves. But, hey, you might have some other intent and just be too stupid to realize the offense you are giving? Possible.

On BLM, some may well intend to be offensive to police, but lots do not mean it the way those using the Confederate flag intend. They do all want less police violence disproportionate based on ethnicity. So do lots of police, btw.

The Betsy Ross flag, as we discussed, has been a recent appropriation by those wanting to send a racist message. But your having it clearly had no such meaning.

I'm strongly opposed to burning the US flag, but you and I would agree that the government shouldn't get involved.
You know what MD, this may not make sense, i am not sure there is a new generation of young folks that do understand the symbolism behind the rebel flag. How could they possibly understand when way too few of them have ever heard of a place called Gettysburg? Without that knowledge in hand they can never possibly understand the context of the discussion.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:34 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:31 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:30 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:21 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:12 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:02 pm
6ftstick wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:47 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:37 pm
6ftstick wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:12 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:58 pm
6ftstick wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:07 am This kind of BS has to stop.

How can there be two conclusions 180 degrees apart based on published results.
Simple. Because people are trying to rush the established scientific method and procedures surrounding drug/vaccine testing.

And then they complain when the faulty conclusions are all over the place.

Virologists have been trying to explain this to everyone, but no one, including you, wants to hear it.

This is all rushed, half baked science done in the middle of a pandemic. OF COURSE the numbers are forecasts are going to be wrong. OF COURSE conclusions about drugs are going to be wrong.

There's only so many times scientists can explain this to people. At some point, you have to listen to them.

Or not. And do like Pete Brown does and "blame the liberals", because he thinks vaccines care about party affiliation. :roll:
Nonsense. Did you bother to read the summary of 1061 patients. From one of the worlds most stellar researchers.

This is nothing more than Trump Derangement Syndrome on steroids.
From “one” is part of the issue.
More nonsense. What if he's only 25% right instead of 97% Thats still 250 people who are alive that would've ben dead..

Read this whole thing. And if you're rational you'll see that TDS is driving this obstruction to this treatment.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/didier-ra ... racle-drug
The science will work its way through and it will be based on more than “one” guy.
The sad part is by the time the science works its way through alot of these people protesting will have lost their business, their way of living and will be flat broke. They should just STFU and suck it in? I suppose if any of us had our entire livlihood on the line we would all be pretty unhappy about watching it go down the drain while scientist bicker back and forth about what they think we should do. Those scientists, many of them are not staring bankruptcy square in the face. This does not mean the scientists are wrong. It means continuing to shut down business has to be unsustainable. It is a pretty crappy choice but all of us should understand why so many people are frustrated and angry.
Hopefully we will be in a better position if it re-emerges. You can’t rush science. You want to get it right. I don’t believe anyone has said people should not be frustrated or angry. Your president shouldn’t be fanning flames.
The president should know when to keep his mouth shut. He has been incapable of doing so. To my understanding opening up their states poses different problems to each and every governor. Where the balance lies with each governor is agonizing to no end. Open to soon and risk the virus spreading again. Stay shut down too long and a lot of people will lose everything they have worked their life for. i am no fan of Andy but the guy looks like he has aged 10 years in a month.
It will be sorted out. Half the planet is in the same boat.
The process of that sorting out will create untold misery for people that thought their lives were fine just 3 months ago.
Especially people who lost a family member.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
tech37

Post by tech37 »

njbill wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:49 pm Personally, if I were to get the virus, I would take anything my doctor thought might help. Hoping, though, that ice cream, milkshakes, fudge, cheesesteaks, and beer prove to be the most effective treatment. Hoping it is not broccoli, cauliflower, or castor oil.
:lol: njb

I was just saying to a Dr. friend of mine the other day that if I wasn't doing well with COVID, I'd ask in a nanosecond to go to HCQ+Z with the hope to avoid intubation at all costs. In my mind it's worth the risk. His daughter BTW, a Dr. who specializes in infectious disease, practices in NYC. :?

He tells me she's the physician who signs off on HCQ+Z usage for patients at the hospital she's associated with.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:45 pm

really?

You know what MD, this may not make sense, i am not sure there is a new generation of young folks that do understand the symbolism behind the rebel flag. How could they possibly understand when way too few of them have ever heard of a place called Gettysburg? Without that knowledge in hand they can never possibly understand the context of the discussion.
cradle, you and I are old guys, but I assure you that my son's generation knows darn well what the symbolism means.

white, black, purple, they understand.

and you betcha African Americans understand.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

That was the stupidest, crookedest, most cowardly exhibition ever by an American President.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
jusreLaxin

Post by jusreLaxin »

Trinity wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:18 pm That was the stupidest, crookedest, most cowardly exhibition ever by an American President.
Today.... :|
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

really?

TLD made all the point that was needed with his "Just don't kneel" post. Which went over some heads apparently.

So to make the point in a more pointed manner. How would the folks who see no problem with the flags being waved by these protestors react if instead, different protestors waving the flag of North Vietnam, or China, or Russia in an earlier age. How about Kaepernick kneeling? How about a Muslim flag of jihad?
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:38 pm

really?

TLD made all the point that was needed with his "Just don't kneel" post. Which went over some heads apparently.

So to make the point in a more pointed manner. How would the folks who see no problem with the flags being waved by these protestors react if instead, different protestors waving the flag of North Vietnam, or China, or Russia in an earlier age. How about Kaepernick kneeling? How about a Muslim flag of jihad?

I strongly support the rights of Democrats to fly the flag of the Chinese Communist Party, or ISIS.
Typical Lax Dad

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:48 pm

really?

I strongly support the rights of Democrats to fly the flag of the Chinese Communist Party, or ISIS.
Taking a knee is enough.
“I wish you would!”
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Trinity wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:18 pm That was the stupidest, crookedest, most cowardly exhibition ever by an American President.
Again?
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

ardilla secreta wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:04 pm
Again?
With this president - lather, rinse, repeat...
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

tech37 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:05 pm
njbill wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:49 pm Personally, if I were to get the virus, I would take anything my doctor thought might help. Hoping, though, that ice cream, milkshakes, fudge, cheesesteaks, and beer prove to be the most effective treatment. Hoping it is not broccoli, cauliflower, or castor oil.
:lol: njb

I was just saying to a Dr. friend of mine the other day that if I wasn't doing well with COVID, I'd ask in a nanosecond to go to HCQ+Z with the hope to avoid intubation at all costs. In my mind it's worth the risk. His daughter BTW, a Dr. who specializes in infectious disease, practices in NYC. :?

He tells me she's the physician who signs off on HCQ+Z usage for patients at the hospital she's associated with.
I go to a veterinarian. They’ve got to cure a lizard a chicken a pig a frog. They know what they’re doing.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:01 pm

really?

Taking a knee is enough.

You should know by now that the one word never used in the DNC platform is ‘enough’. It’s never enough. This is the heartbeat why leftist governments fail.
Typical Lax Dad

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:29 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:01 pm

really?

Taking a knee is enough.

You should know by now that the one word never used in the DNC platform is ‘enough’. It’s never enough. This is the heartbeat why leftist governments fail.
A couple of yours

2nd amendment guys.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:29 pm You should know by now that the one word never used in the DNC platform is ‘enough’. It’s never enough. This is the heartbeat why leftist governments fail.
America with lefty-pinko-socialist Universities like your University of Florida is doing just fine.

...although I will admit, after reading post after post from this Forum's most famous University of Florida graduate, this taxpayer would like the money he put toward your "education" back.

Please. It's like you slept through every History class...... it's just painful to watch.... ;)
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

a fan wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:44 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:29 pm You should know by now that the one word never used in the DNC platform is ‘enough’. It’s never enough. This is the heartbeat why leftist governments fail.
America with lefty-pinko-socialist Universities like your University of Florida is doing just fine.

...although I will admit, after reading post after post from this Forum's most famous University of Florida graduate, this taxpayer would like the money he put toward your "education" back.

Please. It's like you slept through every History class...... it's just painful to watch.... ;)
I don't think he realizes that today's Democratic party in the US would be on the conservative side of many of the Western European countries like our oldest NATO allies.

But to him someone who is a Democrat is a fire breathing Commie (or as you say lefty-pinko-socialist)...

Really no clue.

Return to “POLITICS”