Where Would Petro Fit Best?

D1 Mens Lacrosse
FMUBart

Re: Where Would Petro Fit Best?

Post by FMUBart »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:08 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:21 am I was thinking if Raymond left we could talk Petro into coming to Geneva. Surely he’s a familiar with the program from his Cornell years.
If Petro wants to relocate, absolutely. He would have to make arrangements or concessions with his family though.
Similar situation minus the schollys...D1 lacrose surrounded by D3 teams. Geneva may be a tough sell, though :)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Apparently suburban Baltimore is shangri la and The Finger Lakes region is just our version of Siberia...

(I lived in DC for 4.5yrs in this Millenium before someone decides to come here and lecture on how awesome Balt is)
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:34 am Apparently suburban Baltimore is shangri la and The Finger Lakes region is just our version of Siberia...

(I lived in DC for 4.5yrs in this Millenium before someone decides to come here and lecture on how awesome Balt is)
I've been to 2 graduations at HWS where it snowed...just sayin'
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

The roads are snow covered in Binghamton right now (or were when I woke up anyways).

Shame you can’t sled down the side where the women’s soccer field and the field hockey field are now.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:53 am The roads are snow covered in Binghamton right now (or were when I woke up anyways).

Shame you can’t sled down the side where the women’s soccer field and the field hockey field are now.
Or sled down to the long forgotten baseball field behind Bristol! :D
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

You mean our bootleg men’s soccer field?
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

stupefied

Post by stupefied »

Hard to decide in Finger Lakes region what beautiful lake to spend the day at. Hard to decide in Baltimore what street to safely walk.

Different environments for sure . I prefer urban setting but if you're an outdoorsman who doesn't mind the cold winters...
CU77

Post by CU77 »

IMO, Petro is done coaching at the college level, unless he wants to go very far downscale, a la Meade to Furman or Pressler to Bryant. More likely like Cottle and Starsia to nowhere. (Starsia has family reasons to stay permanently in Charlottesville, but even so I suspect he's not collecting offers.)
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

stupefied wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:13 pm Hard to decide in Finger Lakes region what beautiful lake to spend the day at. Hard to decide in Baltimore what street to safely walk.

Different environments for sure . I prefer urban setting but if you're an outdoorsman who doesn't mind the cold winters...
“Hard to decide in Baltimore what street to safely walk”

Some of y’all have either never been to Baltimore in your lives, or spent like 1 day there and decided the diversity and people of color scare you off. Absolutely hilarious some of the perceptions y’all on here have about the city.
molo

Post by molo »

Correct, jr19.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

This may be old news, but Coach Pietramala gave a very thoughtful interview on LSN and discussed the "winning cycles" of programs, and how tough it is to win consistently with the new parity in college lacrosse.

He noted that he'd "have a whistle around his neck soon".
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

jrn19 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:33 pm
stupefied wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:13 pm Hard to decide in Finger Lakes region what beautiful lake to spend the day at. Hard to decide in Baltimore what street to safely walk.

Some of y’all have either never been to Baltimore in your lives, or spent like 1 day there and decided the diversity and people of color scare you off. Absolutely hilarious some of the perceptions y’all on here have about the city.
Spent plenty of time in Baltimore and live 45 minutes away. When my in-laws visit, and we watch WBAL morning news with coffee in hand, we have to remind them we don't live near the city. The stories are littered with murders, etc. and they are astounded. The Baltimore population has been in a free fall for decades, it has one of, if not the highest murder rate in the country ( over 2500 murders since 2010, thankfully Hopkins and Shock Trauma MD are there), the military sends their medics and nurses to train at Shock Trauma (!), the city almost burned down 5 years ago because of riots, something like 3 of the last 4 mayors have ended up in jail or forced to resign, and one of those mayors is running for mayor again and is leading in the polls (!). Other than that, though, it is a great town!

Truth be told, I LOVE Baltimore. It is an awesome town with a lot to offer. But you cannot ignore the facts I just listed above. And they are undoubtedly impacting the recruiting and campus life at Hopkins.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Well the riots were arguably defensible as the police did snap a kids neck and then try to lie and cover for up.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

Got it. We can slide riots over into the “pros” column.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:34 am Apparently suburban Baltimore is shangri la and The Finger Lakes region is just our version of Siberia...

You have a had a rough go on this subject. Watch a movie, go shovel the driveway.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:11 pm

Spent plenty of time in Baltimore and live 45 minutes away. When my in-laws visit, and we watch WBAL morning news with coffee in hand, we have to remind them we don't live near the city. The stories are littered with murders, etc. and they are astounded. The Baltimore population has been in a free fall for decades, it has one of, if not the highest murder rate in the country ( over 2500 murders since 2010, thankfully Hopkins and Shock Trauma MD are there), the military sends their medics and nurses to train at Shock Trauma (!), the city almost burned down 5 years ago because of riots, something like 3 of the last 4 mayors have ended up in jail or forced to resign, and one of those mayors is running for mayor again and is leading in the polls (!). Other than that, though, it is a great town!

Truth be told, I LOVE Baltimore. It is an awesome town with a lot to offer. But you cannot ignore the facts I just listed above. And they are undoubtedly impacting the recruiting and campus life at Hopkins.
Hopkins is about to bring in a Top 3 recruiting class in the country. Doesn’t seem to be impacting it that much
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Mr3Putt wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:00 pm

You have a had a rough go on this subject. Watch a movie, go shovel the driveway.
Huh? Are you actually paying attention?
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

jrn19 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:13 pm
LaxPundit07 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:11 pm

Hopkins is about to bring in a Top 3 recruiting class in the country. Doesn’t seem to be impacting it that much
Top 3 according to....? Inside Lacrosse? You have to take those rankings with a grain of salt. Especially from an outlet that writes articles about the “All Name Team” or “Best Swag”. If the same crop of kids was going to Furman, would IL have them ranked 3? I am sure they are talented. But you can’t put much stock in that. If those rankings meant something, Carolina would have 7 championships this decade. They consistently have top 5 classes according to IL. Other than their championship run a few year ago, they couldn’t make it past quarterfinals.

I completely understand the point you are making. It is completely valid. I just don’t find much validity, though, in the rankings and people doing them.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Watching that Molson vs team USA game, yesterday, (30's degrees here in Massachusettes) (thanks AFAN)......the announcers were commenting on the lake in the background....Lake Onny-something " Talked about maybe being able to "SWIM' in the lake again........the pollution was bad. 1990's.

Something seriously wrong with the "greatest generation"....dumping toxins where evah the F they pleased. All across the country.

How is that lake today?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Isn't that all changing ? :roll:

Why in the world, if the world is getting warmer, would a college in the mid atlantic need a "bubble" ? That goes for the Terps too.

I mean, don't we read how the Finger lakes will NEVAH freeze again.......

does golf course fertilizer run off mess with freezing points of H2O?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”