All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

runrussellrun

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by runrussellrun »

Trinity wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:12 am https://nypost.com/2020/04/16/43k-us-mi ... 1-6m-each/

Help the rich.
How else can they afford the $30K a plate dinner, fundy razers?

Has Congress drafted legislation requiring bundlers, and the money sources, to be transparent?

What's that, TAATS..........

The death rate among this demographic is skyrocketing.....

Should I put a poll up to ask how many people have downloaded the PDF I provided and read the $2 trillion bill? exactly
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Trinity wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:12 am https://nypost.com/2020/04/16/43k-us-mi ... 1-6m-each/

Help the rich.
Nothing corrupt about this. Nope. :roll: Why anyone still believes in the American system is beyond me. The poor and the middle are screwed time and time again, while being used as the excuse for why we do things.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Cnn is reporting a British company is close to EU approval for a Dirt-cheap at-home antibody test.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
Bart

Post by Bart »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:35 am

Help the rich.

Has Congress drafted legislation requiring bundlers, and the money sources, to be transparent?

Should I put a poll up to ask how many people have downloaded the PDF I provided and read the $2 trillion bill? exactly
I'm sorry but would you please define TAATS for me. I have no clue as to what it means. Thanks.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Bart wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:01 am

Help the rich.

I'm sorry but would you please define TAATS for me. I have no clue as to what it means. Thanks.
"They are all the same"
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Help the rich.

If I could get $1 for every misleading eat-the-rich media hit piece, I'd be retired 50x over. And naturally, the resident Dems salivate over misleading stories like this since it does nothing but further confirm their bias.

First, no one is "getting" $1.6 million. The net and and gross figures are hypotheticals. The CARES Act suspended limits on excess business losses for individual taxpayers for 2018, 2019 and 2020, meaning people can deduct more from their income taxes. The change allows owners of businesses known as pass-through entities to lower their taxes by deducting as much as they want against income unrelated to the business. Before, owners of pass-through entities could deduct a maximum of $250,000 in losses from non-business income such as stocks and bonds. This limitation was introduced in the 2017 law to offset other tax benefits going to firms.

"The revenue estimates assumes that business losses of individuals will be much higher in 2020 than would have been assumed at the start of this year,” a Congressional committee analysis stated. “There is, of course, a great deal of uncertainty about the economic effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, and how those economic effects will translate into business losses for individuals,” the analysis states. Meaning, no one knows shi!.

Also most of this benefit will go to real estate owners and managers; if you think they are not being hit hard by this economic downturn, you may want to go back to school.

Finally, every Democrat Senator voted for the CARES Act, so before you start bleating how Republicans are evil, maybe there is some logic to this temporary repeal. And if not, there is this magic bullet called a repeal.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Bart wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:01 am

Help the rich.

this kind of person.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0lwusMxiHc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWeayFHsH90

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWtSb3hobIE
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:15 am

Help the rich.

If I could get $1 for every misleading eat-the-rich media hit piece, I'd be retired 50x over. And naturally, the resident Dems salivate over misleading stories like this since it does nothing but further confirm their bias. Ummm....those $30K a person fundraiser fees.......democrats don't have those ? Just stop with your fake party difference.

First, no one is "getting" $1.6 million. The net and and gross figures are hypotheticals. The CARES Act suspended limits on excess business losses for individual taxpayers for 2018, 2019 and 2020, meaning people can deduct more from their income taxes. The change allows owners of businesses known as pass-through entities to lower their taxes by deducting as much as they want against income unrelated to the business. Before, owners of pass-through entities could deduct a maximum of $250,000 in losses from non-business income such as stocks and bonds. This limitation was introduced in the 2017 law to offset other tax benefits going to firms. What it means, is, the person delivering your pad Thai or lasanga, won't see a dime ......have YOU read the CARE bill yet? It's right there on the TAATS thread. come back, and prove the article wrong.

"The revenue estimates assumes that business losses of individuals will be much higher in 2020 than would have been assumed at the start of this year,” a Congressional committee analysis stated. “There is, of course, a great deal of uncertainty about the economic effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, and how those economic effects will translate into business losses for individuals,” the analysis states. Meaning, no one knows shi!.

Also most of this benefit will go to real estate owners and managers; if you think they are not being hit hard by this economic downturn, you may want to go back to school.

Finally, every Democrat Senator voted for the CARES Act, so before you start bleating how Republicans are evil, maybe there is some logic to this temporary repeal. And if not, there is this magic bullet called a repeal.
So, we SHOULDN"T follow the money? Because they ALL voted for it ? mostly. :lol:

Like AFAN hammers, YOU, sir, are NO conservative. Certainly not when it comes to fiscal stuff. Oh...look, abortion......who cares. tRump increased Planned Parenthoods budget.......every single chance that he got. it's a FACT.

even the anti abortion freeks don't care about this fact. That President Donald J. Trump, gave planned parenthood MORE money. Way more than Obama. What say you to that?
Last edited by runrussellrun on Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:24 am

Help the rich.

If I could get $1 for every misleading eat-the-rich media hit piece, I'd be retired 50x over. And naturally, the resident Dems salivate over misleading stories like this since it does nothing but further confirm their bias. Ummm....those $30K a person fundraiser fees.......democrats don't have those ? Just stop with your fake party difference.

First, no one is "getting" $1.6 million. The net and and gross figures are hypotheticals. The CARES Act suspended limits on excess business losses for individual taxpayers for 2018, 2019 and 2020, meaning people can deduct more from their income taxes. The change allows owners of businesses known as pass-through entities to lower their taxes by deducting as much as they want against income unrelated to the business. Before, owners of pass-through entities could deduct a maximum of $250,000 in losses from non-business income such as stocks and bonds. This limitation was introduced in the 2017 law to offset other tax benefits going to firms. What it means, is, the person delivering your pad Thai or lasanga, won't see a dime ......have YOU read the CARE bill yet? It's right there on the TAATS thread. come back, and prove the article wrong.

So, we SHOULDN"T follow the money? Because they ALL voted for it ? mostly.

Like AFAN hammers, YOU, sir, are NO conservative. Certainly not when it comes to fiscal stuff. Oh...look, abortion......who cares. tRump increased Planned Parenthoods budget.......every single chance that he got. it's a FACT.

even the anti abortion freeks don't care about this fact. That President Donald J. Trump, gave planned parenthood MORE money. Way more than Obama. What say you to that?

You know what a 'great' :roll: way is to win a war? Train all your energy on meaningless non-theater skirmishes.

The overriding goal today for actual conservatives is to keep SCOTUS conservative. 3 appointments next term; will determine the fate of the US for the next 40 years.

You'd be swatting the pesky 'fireflies' in the CARES Act while the real enemy torches your home and business.

Back to work!
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Two examples of deeply flawed logic:

You don’t have dandruff. So why do you use dandruff shampoo?

We don’t have many cases of COVID-19. So why should we keep our State closed?
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Oh....I agree.....back to work.

WHO.....is choosing the winners and losers ? What is essential, what's not.

Peter, why do you ignore the FACT that tRump gave Planned Parenthood MORE money.

...and, your truly reveal yourself, calling budget oversite "pesky". That comment......will ring forever eternal. Proof that your fiscal CONcern is pretend.

Like AFAN states....and we ALL know hypocrites like you, btw.......as long as someone calls himself an R, they are.

Think, short and soft, .....do you think a pig like tRump.......has he ever been involved with an ABORTION, for someone he impregnated ?

softball question, for those that are logical. Pragmatic.

I really think this is just DOC, messing with people. No one can be THIS hypocritical. ;)
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

CU88 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:39 am Two examples of deeply flawed logic:

You don’t have dandruff. So why do you use dandruff shampoo? you shouldn't DUH

We don’t have many cases of COVID-19. So why should we keep our State closed? we shouldn't DUH
How are YOU eating, CU88?

btw, do YOU own an inground pool, like MDLAX?
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Pro tRUMP brilliance in full display for the entire world to see. Delusional right wing idiots claim they are protesting for freedom but are blocking ambulances in order to deny health care to those who are most vulnerable. Where the hell are the police to stop these paid Tea Baggers?

The protesters:

DeVos Group, Right-Wing Fringe Organization Threaten Public Health

LANSING — On Wednesday, the Michigan Conservative Coalition, a far-right fringe group, and the Michigan Freedom Fund, a DeVos-backed corporate front group, will buck public health safety measures and attempt to create a “traffic jam” in Lansing to protest Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s efforts to protect public health.

“These fringe groups have one goal: attack Gov. Whitmer for anything, even if it means sending a dangerous message about the importance of social distancing during a global pandemic. While hundreds of Michiganders die every day because of COVID-19 and essential workers are doing their best to keep our communities healthy and functioning, these selfish and out-of-touch fringe groups are throwing a temper tantrum at the expense of public safety and health,” said Lonnie Scott, executive director of Progress Michigan. “Normally we wouldn’t give these childish games the time of day, but we think it’s important that the people of Michigan know who these people really are and the fact that a group supported by one of Trump’s cabinet members, Betsy DeVos, is at the helm of this dangerous ship. Republicans who run in the same circles as these far-right activists, like Mike Shirkey and Lee Chatfield, should denounce this political stunt.”

As a member of Trump’s cabinet, Betsy DeVos should be doing everything she can to promote public health during this crisis, but instead, the Michigan Freedom Fund, a group she and her family have funded for years, is part of this “traffic jam” effort that undermines the credibility of public health experts.

The Michigan Conservative Coalition is a far-right, fringe group that has peddled right-wing memes featuring Pepe the Frog and Islamophobic memes on its Facebook page. They recently hosted an event featuring Michelle Malkin, a far-right pundit who has defended white nationalists and holocaust deniers. State Rep. Matthew Maddock is involved with the group.

https://progressmichigan.org/2020/04/de ... ic-health/

Ultra right wing loonies.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

posted 2x
Last edited by Peter Brown on Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Bart wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:24 am
wgdsr wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:22 pm https://www.biopharmadive.com/news/coro ... 19/573261/
^^^
this is how remdesivir works... essentially, it fakes the virus into thinking it's one if its building blocks to replicate, and by inserting itself into that chain with a fake building block it prevents it from replicating and the sequence can't/isn't able to copy.
Thanks for this. It is great the potential it may be showing. The virus itself has a huge genome for a virus, 27-32 Kb and as such it seems to have proof reading capabilities. Is that is the case, I would imagine it is just a matter of overwhelming the proof reading capability by flooding with a chain stopping analog and then allowing the normal immune response to clear the virus? Is that how you would read it?
i read several smart guy to layman articles about a month ago and yes, that was a takeaway.
also that it may help alert the immune system to get ready, we've got a problem... and then win the race. could be just buys it time enough.
maybe i'll find one of them later.
in the interim, i'll post an article a little more technical from the same guy holmes referenced on manufacture, how binding may be better than it was with ebola.
https://www.acsh.org/news/2020/04/15/re ... bola-14716
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:44 am Oh....I agree.....back to work.

Peter, why do you ignore the FACT that tRump gave Planned Parenthood MORE money.

...and, your truly reveal yourself, calling budget oversite "pesky". That comment......will ring forever eternal. Proof that your fiscal CONcern is pretend.

Like AFAN states....and we ALL know hypocrites like you, btw.......as long as someone calls himself an R, they are.

Think, short and soft, .....do you think a pig like tRump.......has he ever been involved with an ABORTION, for someone he impregnated ?

I really think this is just DOC, messing with people. No one can be THIS hypocritical. ;)

If you gave me the unilateral rights and opportunity to take a chainsaw to the federal budget, I'd cut so much I'd be strung up in the hoosegow before my second act.

I'm not down with most of DC, but I also know when to fight and when not to fight. You know when you don't fight? During a pandemic which has halted 90% of all commerce in the United States. Should I vote NO on CARES Act because Planned Parenthood (a thoroughly, 100% disgraceful and immoral enterprise which anyone even tangentially affiliated should be mortally ashamed) gets a few extra bucks? That might be the quickest way today to losing your seat possible, so sure, be heroic, and then go back to your private sector job.

At the end of the day, I don't even care about CARES. What I am solely concerned with today are those next 3 SCOTUS seats. I've done okay in life; my focus now is my kids (still a tad young) and their kids (not yet born nor thought of! I hope :lol: ). Two more Sonia Sotomajors, one for Clarence Thomas and one for RBG, and you won't even know what America is anymore. You'll be begging Planned Parenthood for an exception just to keep your babies. Eff the CARES Act.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

We’re not overreacting to the coronavirus. With the coronavirus, the right action looks like an overreaction as it’s happening.

https://www.vox.com/2020/4/17/21220786/ ... distancing
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:57 am
Bart wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:24 am
wgdsr wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:22 pm https://www.biopharmadive.com/news/coro ... 19/573261/
^^^
this is how remdesivir works... essentially, it fakes the virus into thinking it's one if its building blocks to replicate, and by inserting itself into that chain with a fake building block it prevents it from replicating and the sequence can't/isn't able to copy.
Thanks for this. It is great the potential it may be showing. The virus itself has a huge genome for a virus, 27-32 Kb and as such it seems to have proof reading capabilities. Is that is the case, I would imagine it is just a matter of overwhelming the proof reading capability by flooding with a chain stopping analog and then allowing the normal immune response to clear the virus? Is that how you would read it?
i read several smart guy to layman articles about a month ago and yes, that was a takeaway.
also that it may help alert the immune system to get ready, we've got a problem... and then win the race. could be just buys it time enough.
maybe i'll find one of them later.
in the interim, i'll post an article a little more technical from the same guy holmes referenced on manufacture, how binding may be better than it was with ebola.
https://www.acsh.org/news/2020/04/15/re ... bola-14716
It’s promising. Hopefully it gets through the next phase and is successful in what I believe would be the final trial. Even if only 50% efficacy, that would be very good.
“I wish you would!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:01 am
runrussellrun wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:44 am Oh....I agree.....back to work.

If you gave me the unilateral rights and opportunity to take a chainsaw to the federal budget, I'd cut so much I'd be strung up in the hoosegow before my second act.

I'm not down with most of DC, but I also know when to fight and when not to fight. You know when you don't fight? During a pandemic which has halted 90% of all commerce in the United States. Should I vote NO on CARES Act because Planned Parenthood (a thoroughly, 100% disgraceful and immoral enterprise which anyone even tangentially affiliated should be mortally ashamed) gets a few extra bucks? That might be the quickest way today to losing your seat possible, so sure, be heroic, and then go back to your private sector job.

At the end of the day, I don't even care about CARES. What I am solely concerned with today are those next 3 SCOTUS seats. I've done okay in life; my focus now is my kids (still a tad young) and their kids (not yet born nor thought of! I hope :lol: ). Two more Sonia Sotomajors, one for Clarence Thomas and one for RBG, and you won't even know what America is anymore. You'll be begging Planned Parenthood for an exception just to keep your babies. Eff the CARES Act.
IN bold,....stop playing games.

I was VERY clear. tRump gave planned parenthood MORE money than Obama did....the very FIRST opportunity he could. Trump also signed EVERY other budget increase, for planned parenthood.....starting in 2017.

stop acting like THIS time was the only time.......
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Help the rich.

If I could get $1 for every misleading eat-the-rich media hit piece, I'd be retired 50x over. And naturally, the resident Dems salivate over misleading stories like this since it does nothing but further confirm their bias.

First, no one is "getting" $1.6 million. The net and and gross figures are hypotheticals. The CARES Act suspended limits on excess business losses for individual taxpayers for 2018, 2019 and 2020, meaning people can deduct more from their income taxes. The change allows owners of businesses known as pass-through entities to lower their taxes by deducting as much as they want against income unrelated to the business. Before, owners of pass-through entities could deduct a maximum of $250,000 in losses from non-business income such as stocks and bonds. This limitation was introduced in the 2017 law to offset other tax benefits going to firms.

:roll: Like real estate owners already don't have the system tilted in their favor. :lol: Why 2018, 2019? No coronavvirus then. This actually benefits me. Just have to file an amendment for 2018, and I get back all the corporate taxes I paid in 2018, because they are removing the caps put in place 2017 tax bill. :lol: "Small" business owners have been complaining about the caps since they were put in place. Now they are being removed.

This has got nothing to do with coronavirus.

Return to “POLITICS”