All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
63%
1 person.
15%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 68

Peter Brown

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by Peter Brown »

Libs gonna hate this news but it appears as if Gilead’s drug remdesevir works to correct the most difficult Corona cases. The collective iq of humanity always wins.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/16/gilead- ... sults.html

Incredible stuff! Great job.
Last edited by Peter Brown on Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: All things COVID-19

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:00 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:28 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:55 pm (much omitted)

EVENT 201

How much longer are you going to allow this excuse mongering to fester. Or, are you back tracking Bills 2015 TED talk now? Or, the billions the top doc schools have received to set up guidelines. They don't I blame them.

Seriously, what do YOU take, of value, that you could use, in your business. It's a very quick read. take your time. Here is the link.

https://www.centerforhealthsecurity.org ... tions.html

feel free to browse other pages, watch the videos. See why events like this are useless. As are all these useless guidelines.

They, again, with recommendations to NOT close business. And you ignore it. It's sad.

blame trump. even tho bill gates said NOT to close business, during a pandemic. This is reality. You not blaming the lack of preparedness on all the agencies, studies, grants to study the grants......

I get it. Without the white collar welfare, yours, and many other cities would perish. Boston included.
Part of the problem is that we did not plan effectively, and when confronted with the problem ignored it hoping it would go away for far too long. So to act like the guidelines (which assume effective planning and the ability to react quickly) are useless is kind of immaterial. We have a situation that because of those lacks is too effed up for those guidelines.

So if you want to be blind to what really happened go ahead...
That's your take? We here tRump fires some pandemic committee.

We read their completely useless 69 page report. 1/2 of it......not joking, HALF of this "report" is appendix stuff. In, like 60 pt. type.

HHS- stands for HomeLand Security. ......30 pages of that. YIKEs.

Event 201, Bill's 2015 Ted Talk, the ventaltor report I sent. Who's reports, recommendations....and on and on and on.

If you can't see that I am the complete oppostite of blind.

I want to know why we are NOT prepared? Or even what that means.

You, blindly, are taking everything like it's true. Not this guy.

In 1918, Harvard and Hopkins stayed open. Held Commencements. Boston Red Sox won the world series. Business stayed open. Was that the right call?

Why are you not looking at the vagueness of Event 201 offerings? Would you HIRE that? exactly
Anarchistic
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

ggait wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:11 pm
Watch the free market. And this is the case even if they don't give two *hits about their employees. It's about protecting your biz. $$$$. And right now, as a businessman, I have zero access to testing. If you gave me that? My decision making would change overnight.
Bezos says Amazon is building their own testing lab. Smart.
Where?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:08 pm
ggait wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:11 pm
Watch the free market. And this is the case even if they don't give two *hits about their employees. It's about protecting your biz. $$$$. And right now, as a businessman, I have zero access to testing. If you gave me that? My decision making would change overnight.
Bezos says Amazon is building their own testing lab. Smart.
Where?

Won’t be needed.

runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:04 pm

EVENT 201

How much longer are you going to allow this excuse mongering to fester. Or, are you back tracking Bills 2015 TED talk now? Or, the billions the top doc schools have received to set up guidelines. They don't I blame them.

Seriously, what do YOU take, of value, that you could use, in your business. It's a very quick read. take your time. Here is the link.

feel free to browse other pages, watch the videos. See why events like this are useless. As are all these useless guidelines.

They, again, with recommendations to NOT close business. And you ignore it. It's sad.

blame trump. even tho bill gates said NOT to close business, during a pandemic. This is reality. You not blaming the lack of preparedness on all the agencies, studies, grants to study the grants......

I get it. Without the white collar welfare, yours, and many other cities would perish. Boston included.
Part of the problem is that we did not plan effectively, and when confronted with the problem ignored it hoping it would go away for far too long. So to act like the guidelines (which assume effective planning and the ability to react quickly) are useless is kind of immaterial. We have a situation that because of those lacks is too effed up for those guidelines.

We read their completely useless 69 page report. 1/2 of it......not joking, HALF of this "report" is appendix stuff. In, like 60 pt. type.

Event 201, Bill's 2015 Ted Talk, the ventaltor report I sent. Who's reports, recommendations....and on and on and on.

In 1918, Harvard and Hopkins stayed open. Held Commencements. Boston Red Sox won the world series. Business stayed open. Was that the right call?

Why are you not looking at the vagueness of Event 201 offerings? Would you HIRE that? exactly
Anarchistic
Me? I was playing for the Red Sox. I was social distancing.

shallow Hal.....all you got pithey....yawn
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
ggait

Post by ggait »

In 1918, Harvard and Hopkins stayed open. Held Commencements. Boston Red Sox won the world series. Was that the right call?
In 2020, Harvard, Hopkins and MLB voluntarily decided to shut down. All did so before any gov't rules would have required that. Was that the right call? I suspect Harvard, Hopkins and MLB know what they are doing.

Speaking of 1918 and Hopkins...

I've just started reading John Barry's "The Great Influenza." Great read. Barry (public health professor at Tulane) is a great story teller -- I'd previously read/loved his book "Rising Tide" about the 1927 Mississippi flood.

The beginning of the book focuses significantly on the founding and opening of "The Hopkins" -- both the university and then slightly later its med school. Lots of stuff about Gilman (first JHU president), and Welch (first JHU med school dean). Hopkins trained docs had a huge role in fighting the Spanish Flu.

Doesn't mention anything about lacrosse though...
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Pence—“And our hearts go out to the thirty-thousand dead....Every American should be comforted by that.”
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

You negative nabobs going to keep ignoring this news?!?! Well, the stock market ain’t gonna.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/16/sp-500- ... virus.html
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Yes. Go science. Save us. Because these clowns won’t. Pence promised 27 million tests by April 1. He’s now promising 5 million by May 1. Do the math, yo.
Last edited by Trinity on Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Trinity wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:30 pm Pence promised 27 million tests by April 1. He’s now promising 5 million by May 1. Do the math, yo.

Do the math on your 401k tomorrow! Says ‘up’.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/16/sp-500- ... virus.html
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

ggait wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:23 pm
In 1918, Harvard and Hopkins stayed open. Held Commencements. Boston Red Sox won the world series. Was that the right call?
In 2020, Harvard, Hopkins and MLB voluntarily decided to shut down. All did so before any gov't rules would have required that. Was that the right call? I suspect Harvard, Hopkins and MLB know what they are doing.

Speaking of 1918 and Hopkins...

I've just started reading John Barry's "The Great Influenza." Great read. Barry (public health professor at Tulane) is a great story teller -- I'd previously read/loved his book "Rising Tide" about the 1927 Mississippi flood.

The beginning of the book focuses significantly on the founding and opening of "The Hopkins" -- both the university and then slightly later its med school. Lots of stuff about Gilman (first JHU president), and Welch (first JHU med school dean). Hopkins trained docs had a huge role in fighting the Spanish Flu.

Doesn't mention anything about lacrosse though...
just wait until chapter 17. they got their 35th of out 44 titles i believe that year.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Trinity wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:47 pm https://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/ ... 66186.html

Florida Nursing Homes want DeSantis to indemnify them against negligence law suits.
The business space is pretty slimey in my opinion. I have known a number of nursing home owners while operating in the healthcare space. These are some of the biggest money grubbers on the planet. This request is indicative IMO.
Last edited by jhu72 on Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:10 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:04 pm

EVENT 201

Anarchistic
Me? I was playing for the Red Sox. I was social distancing.

shallow Hal.....all you got pithey....yawn
All I got is truth
Typical Lax Dad

jhu72 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:47 pm
Trinity wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:47 pm https://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/ ... 66186.html

Florida Nursing Homes want DeSantis to indemnify them against negligence law suits.
The business space is pretty slimey in my opinion. I have known a number nursing home owners while operating in the healthcare space. These are some of the biggest money grubbers on the planet. This request is indicative IMO.
Yep. I knew a guy that ran one. It was awful. He even robbed the retirement plan. Feds were on him. He gave the money back.
DMac

Post by DMac »

What degree of accuracy are we giving our poll?
63% know a person afflicted, 9 knowing 4+.

A NCV (non carona virus) moment.
Can't have a mask here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5NSPac3Q1g
:D
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

I'm fascinated with this board!

Truly the biggest news in the entire Covid saga is out today at 5 pm, and not one of you has picked up on it!

Just more nonsensical liberal teeth-gnashing about nothing. Honestly, I'm beginning to think this has been nearly 400 pages of posts where libs simply exercise their hatred of mankind and don't really want the virus to be conquered.

The Remdesevir news that leaked is literally the only thing being discussed by serious people this very second. And you yo-yo's are oblivious. jfc

https://www.statnews.com/2020/04/16/ear ... treatment/

dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

6ftstick wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:05 pmWe've been locked down for more than 30 days and the virus still hasn't peaked in some places. What would we have gained locked down three weeks earlier. Three weeks more of isolation?
Ask some of the US dead about that, Skippy... :roll:

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:53 pm I'm fascinated with this board!

Truly the biggest news in the entire Covid saga is out today at 5 pm, and not one of you has picked up on it!

Just more nonsensical liberal teeth-gnashing about nothing. Honestly, I'm beginning to think this has been nearly 400 pages of posts where libs simply exercise their hatred of mankind and don't really want the virus to be conquered.

The Remdesevir news that leaked is literally the only thing being discussed by serious people this very second. And you yo-yo's are oblivious. jfc

https://www.statnews.com/2020/04/16/ear ... treatment/

You should know by now good news is bad news for dems and liberal progressives.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

dislaxxic wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:54 pm
6ftstick wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:05 pmWe've been locked down for more than 30 days and the virus still hasn't peaked in some places. What would we have gained locked down three weeks earlier. Three weeks more of isolation?
Ask some of the US dead about that, Skippy... :roll:

Going to be a bad day for you and your colleagues tomorrow dislaxxx (I get the purposeful ignorance now)...sounds like good things are headed our way!

Bart

Post by Bart »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:04 pm Libs gonna hate this news but it appears as if Gilead’s drug remdesevir works to correct the most difficult Corona cases. The collective iq of humanity always wins.

Incredible stuff! Great job.
Why would the libs hat ths news? Oh yeah......they want people to die. Just like all the people who say the GOP wants people to die. On either side it is absolute bull Shzit. Want a bigger brush to paint with?

I personally think this is great news. I have been waiting for the clinical trials to come out for a while on this drug. I hope that they all prove to be as effective as it appears to be in this one trial. Either way, it is great news to those who got better. That is over 100 lives saved.

Return to “POLITICS”