The Nation's Financial Condition

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
njbill

Re: The Nation's Financial Condition

Post by njbill »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:31 pm

A couple of questions for Pete on his video. Looks like you mixed up the chloroquine with the chlorine from your pool. How does that affect the taste?

Didn’t know that the theme from Deliverance was the Florida state song.

Looking forward to afan’s color commentary on the video.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:15 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:46 pm Also, I just can't figure out why there are so many class action plaintiff's lawyers running around America; clearly our bullet-proof government regulations prevent such misery! Large food manufacturers and beverage companies never make any errors! Oh wait:

https://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/portal/fs ... and-alerts

So weird, ConAgra pops right up! Tiny mom and pop, nothing to be alarmed about.

Next
You have to have access to mom and pops. It's a distribution issue. You've heard of American "food deserts", right?

I have no trouble accessing this food, as I know farmers and ranchers by name. Folks in poor areas? Totally different story.
In my home town, we had 6 grocery stores on one side of town. There isn’t one on that side of town now.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

njbill wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:27 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:31 pm

A couple of questions for Pete on his video. Looks like you mixed up the chloroquine with the chlorine from your pool. How does that affect the taste?

Didn’t know that the theme from Deliverance was the Florida state song.

Looking forward to afan’s color commentary on the video.
While I would NEVER condone running a still at home...it's illegal....

This guy has several things of note here. One, it's outside....smart. Makes explosions less of an issue. And two, if you notice, he has a clay lid on the still. If the lyne arm/condenser gets clogged---something that happens all the time because those tubes are so small and easily clogged-----the lid simply blows off to release the pressure.

Having it next to a pool is bad, because chlorine is in the air...which can get into fittings/wood/etc. and foul spirit. But because it's outdoors, it's unlikely an issue.

You asked! :lol:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:15 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:46 pm Also, I just can't figure out why there are so many class action plaintiff's lawyers running around America; clearly our bullet-proof government regulations prevent such misery! Large food manufacturers and beverage companies never make any errors! Oh wait:

https://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/portal/fs ... and-alerts

So weird, ConAgra pops right up! Tiny mom and pop, nothing to be alarmed about.

Next
You have to have access to mom and pops. It's a distribution issue. You've heard of American "food deserts", right?

I have no trouble accessing this food, as I know farmers and ranchers by name. Folks in poor areas? Totally different story.

Poor people don't only live in urban environments. Lots of poor people in interior Florida, where interestingly is also where all of our agriculture is. That is true in many places. In Maryland, the really poor (other than Baltimore natch) is on the Eastern Shore like this:

https://cnsmaryland.org/interactives/fa ... h/map.html

Same place where the agriculture is.
njbill

Post by njbill »

a fan wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:51 pm You asked! :lol:
I did. Thanks!
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:59 pm Poor people don't only live in urban environments. Lots of poor people in interior Florida, where interestingly is also where all of our agriculture is.
Shhhh. Don't tell Pete Brown. I've been trying tell him about the poor in flyover America for months now.... ;)
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:59 pm Same place where SOME OF the agriculture is.
Some, not all. Rural America are also food deserts. BTW, this isn't the 1940's. You'd think that in Kansas, you'd have the world's best bakeries, and every citizen of Kansas would have access to fresh, locally prepared bread, right?

:lol: Right. They take every pound of wheat, and send it to factories in Illinois, where mass produced, less healthy bread is made, and shipped back to Kansas.

It used to be that rural Americans ate better than anyone in the world. Not anymore.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:26 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:59 pm Poor people don't only live in urban environments. Lots of poor people in interior Florida, where interestingly is also where all of our agriculture is.
Shhhh. Don't tell Pete Brown. I've been trying tell him about the poor in flyover America for months now.... ;)
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:59 pm Same place where SOME OF the agriculture is.
Some, not all. Rural America are also food deserts. BTW, this isn't the 1940's. You'd think that in Kansas, you'd have the world's best bakeries, and every citizen of Kansas would have access to fresh, locally prepared bread, right?

:lol: Right. They take every pound of wheat, and send it to factories in Illinois, where mass produced, less healthy bread is made, and shipped back to Kansas.

It used to be that rural Americans ate better than anyone in the world. Not anymore.

I can't remember the rules of the game any longer; is Florida flyover country?

(btw, in the time it takes me to scan the news, my email, and then scan this forum, the Left does yet another dopey deceitful thing; today's garbage fire is the Left claims Trump wants to sign the UBI checks (true) and that's holding things up (verifiably untrue); the Treasury spokesperson denied that there was any holdup...does that stop the left from promoting the lie...nah...now the Treasury spokesperson, career bureaucrat, has no integrity like yesterday Fauci...it gets tiring following all the Left's dopey histrionics, like babysitting a terrible two classroom)
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:43 pm I can't remember the rules of the game any longer; is Florida flyover country?
Yep! So is my home State of Colorado, in case you haven't caught on.

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:43 pm (btw, in the time it takes me to scan the news, my email, and then scan this forum, the Left does yet another dopey deceitful thing; today's garbage fire is the Left claims Trump wants to sign the UBI checks (true) and that's holding things up (verifiably untrue); the Treasury spokesperson denied that there was any holdup...does that stop the left from promoting the lie...nah...now the Treasury spokesperson, career bureaucrat, has no integrity like yesterday Fauci...it gets tiring following all the Left's dopey histrionics, like babysitting a terrible two classroom)
Oh yeah, the right would NEVER do such things. Obamaphone ring a bell?

Or how about how a majority of registered Republicans "somehow" believed that Obama was a Muslim?

Boy. Good thing your team doesn't manipulate the media the way those confounded lefties do......
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:49 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:43 pm I can't remember the rules of the game any longer; is Florida flyover country?

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:43 pm (btw, in the time it takes me to scan the news, my email, and then scan this forum, the Left does yet another dopey deceitful thing; today's garbage fire is the Left claims Trump wants to sign the UBI checks (true) and that's holding things up (verifiably untrue); the Treasury spokesperson denied that there was any holdup...does that stop the left from promoting the lie...nah...now the Treasury spokesperson, career bureaucrat, has no integrity like yesterday Fauci...it gets tiring following all the Left's dopey histrionics, like babysitting a terrible two classroom)

Or how about how a majority of registered Republicans "somehow" believed that Obama was a Muslim?

Boy. Good thing your team doesn't manipulate the media the way those confounded lefties do......

When the right controls ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, PBS, MSNBC, the NYT, Wapo, and every other media outlet not named Fox/Breitbart/Drudge, then we can talk equivalencies.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:09 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:49 pm

When the left controls ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, PBS, MSNBC, the NYT, Wapo, and every other media outlet not named Fox/Breitbart/Drudge, then we can talk equivalencies.
This again? Fixed it for you. In what world do those massive global media conglomerates represent the American left?

MSNBC....center left. I'll grant you that. The rest? The center. No if's ands or but's.

Ask any American leftie-----and they'll laugh to the point of passing out---- if they think the American corporate media represents their view.

If those stations are all lefties----how come Bernie lost? Again? You know EXACTLY why. They're the freaking center, and they prefer status quo.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Uh-oh. The Dems came up with it first. Your move, Trump.....

House Democrats introduce plan to pay Americans $2,000 a month until economy recovers from COVID-19

If Pelosi passes a clean, simple bill like this, McConnell will have no choice but to vote yes.

The question is, is Pelosi smart enough to make it a single issue, clean bill?

https://www.businessinsider.com/america ... ZE8VG-kd2A
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:25 pm Uh-oh. The Dems came up with it first. Your move, Trump.....

House Democrats introduce plan to pay Americans $2,000 a month until economy recovers from COVID-19

If Pelosi passes a clean, simple bill like this, McConnell will have no choice but to vote yes.

The question is, is Pelosi smart enough to make it a single issue, clean bill?

https://www.businessinsider.com/america ... ZE8VG-kd2A

You know the Dems will add all sorts of add-on goodies like 'lesbian queer persons of color gender poetry professors in Massachusetts get free use of Paul Tudor Jones' yacht' as well. They just can't help themselves. :lol:
a fan

Post by a fan »

Steak dinner says you're right, and Pelosi can't just sign a clean bill......
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:21 pm Steak dinner says you're right, and Pelosi can't just sign a clean bill......

I’m always right.

Never underestimate humanity. Your dinner will be fine. Read:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/16/gilead- ... sults.html
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

How dare she include states and hospitals.
Attachments
86E0B8F6-30A5-41AD-9BB9-B0DBDD68D1C4.jpeg
86E0B8F6-30A5-41AD-9BB9-B0DBDD68D1C4.jpeg (42.75 KiB) Viewed 1749 times
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
CU88

Post by CU88 »

U.S. now has 22 million unemployed, wiping out a decade of job gains

Last week, 5.2 million people filed unemployment claims, bringing the total to 22 million in the four weeks since President Trump declared a national emergency

In other words, imagine if every single worker lost their job in:

Alaska,
Arkansas,
Conn.,
Delaware,
Hawaii,
Idaho,
Iowa,
Kansas,
Maine,
Mississippi,
Montana,
Nebraska,
Nevada,
N. Hampshire,
N. Mexico,
N. Dakota,
Oklahoma,
R. Island,
S. Dakota,
Utah,
Vermont,
W. Virginia
& Wyoming
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

The first round of stimulus checks hit Wednesday. Our sales Wednesday were double the daily average from the past few weeks (but right around where they would have been if we didn't have the pandemic). Sales yesterday were up a good bit too.

The IRS site says it cannot determine if we are eligible or not for any stimulus, but my wife got the extra Fed unemployment bonus in her most recent state payment.

Not a peep from the SBA about our EIDL application, 17 days later...
CU88

Post by CU88 »

An interesting read from Howard Marks:

Here’s one standout line, variously attributed: “Capitalism without bankruptcy is like Catholicism without hell.”

https://www.oaktreecapital.com/docs/def ... future.pdf
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Trinity wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:24 pm How dare she include states and hospitals.
There was a discussion earlier about what the pharma company of the day (Gilead) reminded them of (a workout video from the 80s). Of course if you have read/watched The Handmaid's Tale...
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Which one of you chuckelheads was on here earlier bleating on about how awful the stock market was today after the Gilead announcement? Step out into the light! :lol:

Market up just another ho-hum 3% today. Lots of really dumb investors obviously who don't read a lacrosse forum about the need to be shorty this market!

Return to “POLITICS”