All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

a fan

Re: All things COVID-19

Post by a fan »

6ftstick wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:49 pm How easily you relinquish you're rights just to defeat Trump.

21 million unemployed
small businesses destroyed
livelihoods extinguished
futures ruined
religious freedom obstructed
freedom of assembly negated
bureaucrats who swore to uphold and defend the constitution—saying it never entered into thought process.
First of all, complain to your President. He just told you that he has power over the State's lockdowns.

Second of all......you think "the government" is why the all this is happening?

Really?

You think the NBA isn't happening because of the government?

Private industry shut things down days, and in many cases, WEEKS before various States stepped in.

Further, Iowa has no shut downs. How do you think they're doing economically?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:57 pm [

Whoa, what "rights" did you relinquish, red?
I haven't relinquished any at all.

I still have the right be an a-hole if I want and even to endanger others.
Might have to pay a fine if I do, but how many fines have actually been paid?
It's NOT reds list, dense boy.

but this: above. a-hole?

Let's be very clear, for once. Have you left your home, in the past three weeks? yes, or no. No obstificating, just yes or no
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:01 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:57 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:54 pm
6ftstick wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:49 pm
ggait wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:29 pm
6ftstick wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:28 pm N.J. Gov. Says He ‘Wasn’t Thinking of the Bill of Rights’ When He Imposed Strict Social Distancing Guidelines

“By what authority did you nullify the Bill of Rights in issuing this order?” Carlson asked the governor, citing constitutional protections for freedom association and religious practice.

“That’s above my pay grade, Tucker,” Murphy responded. “I wasn’t thinking of the Bill of Rights when we did this. …

Seems to me these bureaucrats take an oath to "Protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Look out boys from here on out—The constitution doesn't even enter into their thought process and they're unafraid to tell us so.
100% moronic bull shirt. Which Carlson knows, but that would get in the way of his ratings and paycheck.

ZERO legal issue with this. ZERO.

Content neutral and sect-neutral health/safety regulations are completely legal. Tucker, unlike even the dumbest law school student ever, manages to answer this question incorrectly.

#there'slike5,000SCOTUSdecisionsthatsaythis
How easily you relinquish you're rights just to defeat Trump.

21 million unemployed
livelihoods extinguished
futures ruined
bureaucrats who swore to uphold and defend the constitution—saying it never entered into thought process.
No - relinquishing rights to keep a whole lot of Americans alive. That is why I am doing it, at least.

I still have the right be an a-hole if I want and to endanger others.
from the CDC

While the impact of flu varies, it places a substantial burden on the health of people in the United States each year.

CDC estimates that influenza has resulted in between 9 million – 45 million illnesses, between 140,000 – 810,000 hospitalizations and between 12,000 – 61,000 deaths annually since 2010.

Guess you don't care about those 60K deaths annually. You're really exercising tyour right to be an a-hole
So tired of this.
So, we have over 30k deaths in just, what the first 60 days of this pandemic in the US, even with immense efforts to social distance the last 30, and you're still equating the flu with COVID-19?

I have no idea whether you are truly stupid or are just trolling, but give this one up, 6ft.
That dog don't hunt.

Try another dog.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

a fan wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:05 pm
6ftstick wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:49 pm How easily you relinquish you're rights just to defeat Trump.

21 million unemployed
livelihoods extinguished
futures ruined
First of all, complain to your President. He just told you that he has power over the State's lockdowns.

Really?

Private industry shut things down days, and in many cases, WEEKS before various States stepped in.

All frightened out of their minds by government, their lawyers, insurers and healthcare pros who have YET to get a projection correct. Not once.

They continue to negotiate their projections downward.

You were making all kinds of noise about the tenth amendment—but the first and second don't matter at all.
Last edited by 6ftstick on Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:08 pm
6ftstick wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:28 pm N.J. Gov. Says He ‘Wasn’t Thinking of the Bill of Rights’ When He Imposed Strict Social Distancing Guidelines

“By what authority did you nullify the Bill of Rights in issuing this order?” Carlson asked the governor, citing constitutional protections for freedom association and religious practice.

“That’s above my pay grade, Tucker,” Murphy responded. “I wasn’t thinking of the Bill of Rights when we did this. …

Seems to me these bureaucrats take an oath to "Protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Look out boys from here on out—The constitution doesn't even enter into their thought process and they're unafraid to tell us so.
100% moronic bull shirt. Which Carlson knows, but that would get in the way of his ratings and paycheck.

Content neutral and sect-neutral health/safety regulations are completely legal. Tucker, unlike even the dumbest law school student ever, manages to answer this question incorrectly.

21 million unemployed
livelihoods extinguished
futures ruined
No - relinquishing rights to keep a whole lot of Americans alive. That is why I am doing it, at least.

from the CDC

While the impact of flu varies, it places a substantial burden on the health of people in the United States each year.

CDC estimates that influenza has resulted in between 9 million – 45 million illnesses, between 140,000 – 810,000 hospitalizations and between 12,000 – 61,000 deaths annually since 2010.

Guess you don't care about those 60K deaths annually. You're really exercising tyour right to be an a-hole
So tired of this.
So, we have over 30k deaths in just, what the first 60 days of this pandemic in the US, even with immense efforts to social distance the last 30, and you're still equating the flu with COVID-19?

I have no idea whether you are truly stupid or are just trolling, but give this one up, 6ft.
That dog don't hunt.

Try another dog.
So those 60 thousand deaths really don't matter to you.

Because its just the flu.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

21 million unemployed
livelihoods extinguished
futures ruined

from the CDC

And the official death toll is _already_ at almost 34000 people in the US in less than 3 months. Given the experience in Europe, real death toll would be roughly double (may even be higher because of our screwups continuing to this day in testing). So already likely in a quarter of the time - and in spite of all the countermeasures we have been forced into we have exceeded the annual upper numbers for the flu.

And I am sure that MD as well as I care about those flu deaths. For me - it means I get my flu shot annually and fairly early at my local pharmacy. The last time I got the flu I swore I did not want to go through that again, and it did not come close to making me even go to the doctor's office. (Maybe about 20 years ago or so).

And to answer MD - yes I have not given up any rights really - but I have been quite willing to exercise them in different ways to avoid being part of the problem. And even though it is still the minority position while shopping in Upstate SC where I live I actually wore a homemade mask to Costco yesterday when I made the trek there to fill up on some food items.

The saddest thing about this whole mess is if the administration had paid attention like they should have earlier - we would be looking at maybe 5K deaths at this point, and with ample testing in place, not nearly the level of isolation we have had to impose upon ourselves. And our economy would not be quite as grievously wounded as well.
dislaxxic

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by dislaxxic »

6ftstick wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:49 pmHow easily you relinquish you're rights just to defeat Trump.

21 million unemployed
livelihoods extinguished
futures ruined
Liberals forced all these things to happen just to defeat Donald Trump?? :shock:

Stunning dumbassery. Only in the "mind" of a committed Trump apologist and sycophant. Obvious why these types need to be stuffed back under their rocks...the mindset that allows this sort of comment needs to be thoroughly and repeatedly repudiated, mocked and scorned.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:16 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:12 pm Should have believed the Benghazi video story & that ISIS were the JV's.
And I should have believed Mexico would build that wall.

ISIS was the JV. They came out the open, and were snuffed out in massive numbers. Idiots. OBL hid after his attack for....how many years, directing terrorism?

Which team did more damage to the US? It's not even a close call.
old salt wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:12 pm ...at least we won't be accused of being racist if we question Biden's policies.
Oh, I'm quite certain DocB will come up with some nutty slur for you.... ;)
You have a huge myopic blind spot about ISIS. No only did they undo, in a few months, what took a hard decade of sacrifice to accomplish, they killed millions. They were a much greater threat than OBL & AQ -- they were it's malignant mutation, metastasized. That you can so casually dismiss them, & think we can isolate ourselves from such malevolent forces, indicates what a naive fantasy cyber space in which you dwell.
Last edited by old salt on Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

from the CDC

MDLax, inground pool owner, and quite frankly, probably most of the posters on this thread, can afford take out. Delivery, hoarding. They have the money. And the space to store it. Yes, everyone is like you. :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

But, who are they going to donate money too this year?

The useless Chessie Bay not-profit,

or,

hand out $100 bills to all the store clerks? Every week, for the next year?

Didn't think so. You don't need a tuxedo to buy Mahones Gin, but you mite to drink it.

Liquor stores may be essential, but, is the government forcing them to show up ? Well, kind of. Pence, a true A hole......thinks they should be forced too.

Picking winners and losers. Hope your pipes don't burst.......PPE's are hard to come buy, so no ones coming to your home for a long, long time. Unless normal, routine, maintenance, is considered essential. On list, right after the essential fecesbook. :roll:
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

from the CDC

MDLax, inground pool owner, and quite frankly, probably most of the posters on this thread, can afford take out. Delivery, hoarding. They have the money. And the space to store it. Yes, everyone is like you. :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

But, who are they going to donate money too this year?

The useless Chessie Bay not-profit,

or,

hand out $100 bills to all the store clerks? Every week, for the next year?

Didn't think so. You don't need a tuxedo to buy Mahones Gin, but you mite to drink it.

Liquor stores may be essential, but, is the government forcing them to show up ? Well, kind of. Pence, a true A hole......thinks they should be forced too.

Picking winners and losers. Hope your pipes don't burst.......PPE's are hard to come buy, so no ones coming to your home for a long, long time. Unless normal, routine, maintenance, is considered essential. On list, right after the essential fecesbook. :roll:

but, either way, you letting in a lowly worker, into YOUR home, without PPE?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

dislaxxic wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:18 pm
6ftstick wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:49 pmHow easily you relinquish you're rights just to defeat Trump.

21 million unemployed
livelihoods extinguished
futures ruined
Liberals forced all these things to happen just to defeat Donald Trump?? :shock:

Stunning dumbassery. Only in the "mind" of a committed Trump apologist and sycophant. Obvious why these types need to be stuffed back under their rocks...the mindset that allows this sort of comment needs to be thoroughly and repeatedly repudiated, mocked and scorned.

Rachel Maddow and Don Lemon wield a lot of power!
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

dislaxxic wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:18 pm

21 million unemployed
livelihoods extinguished
futures ruined

No skippy pay attention. For the hundredth time.

The virus was and is REAL. What we've done to mitigate its spread has obviously had an effect.

The current reluctance to get back to work doesn't match the reality. The numbers don't match the scariest prognostications.

The need to blame Trump, to continue to destroy the economy and keep people terrified is suspiciously like the Russia Russia Ukraine Nonsense you've all been bleating about for 4 years. The real situation is reflected in the stalling tactics coming from Pelosi and Schumer. They have no interest in moving on this.
Last edited by 6ftstick on Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

6ftstick wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:11 pm

21 million unemployed
livelihoods extinguished
futures ruined

Really?

All frightened out of their minds by government, their lawyers, insurers and healthcare pros who have YET to get a projection correct. Not once.

They continue to negotiate their projections downward.
The projections get revised downward because the measures our society has taken have worked - maybe even more successfully than originally thought. We also now have a better handle on how the changes in interaction have changed the rate of spread - data we did not have when the projections were first made.

It is not because we are frightened out of our minds - it is because there was not a better choice to be made given that we as a nation screwed around for so long without truly preparing (and that includes pre-pandemic preparations as well).

I get that you do not trust the science behind the measures taken. And you are angry about the economic effects.

Here is another small data point that showed up on my Twitter feed early today: restaurant sales in the US were diving toward zero well before any actual government orders of SD were put in place. Most people were making the logical choice to isolate themselves before the government told them they had to.

The final shutdown/SD measures were not to make everyone stay home. Most people would stay home because they don't want to get infected. Years ago my late wife worked in HR at a warehouse parts supplier. The rule in HR was you had to make rules for the roughly 5% who will not follow them - so you can have consequences.
a fan

Post by a fan »

6ftstick wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:11 pm All frightened out of their minds by government, their lawyers, insurers and healthcare pros who have YET to get a projection correct. Not once.
I told you that you'd do this weeks ago. We shut down the entire world, and deaths aren't as bad.

And then you come along and say "See, this is no big deal". There are millions of you.

The only way you, RRR, and Cooter would be happy, is we did absolutely nothing, and deal with the consequences.

All this attitude tells me is that you guys don't personally know a first responder, nurse, doctor, et. al. who has to deal with these decisions you seem so eager to make. So you don't care.

But in the end----you boys need to complain to Trump. He's the one doing all the shut downs, and he just told us he's in charge of all the State shutdowns.

As for me? I think the economic damage would have been far worse, and lasted far longer.... had we done nothing.

:lol: And show me one single post where I'm not all for the 1st and 2nd amendment. I'm a former hunter, FFS. And I LOVE trap shooting.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:19 pm You have a huge myopic blind spot about ISIS. No only did they undo, in a few months, what took a hard decade of sacrifice to accomplish, they killed millions. They were a much greater threat than OBL & AQ -- they were it's malignant mutation, metastasized. That you can so casually dismiss them, & think we can isolate ourselves from such malevolent forces, indicates what a naive fantasy cyber space in which you dwell.
No. What it indicates is that you and I have different worldviews, is all. That's not myopic.

OBL ACTUALLY killed thousand of Americans.

ISIS? What was their total?

You believe the US is on the hook for any deaths anywhere in the world. I don't. That's the difference between you and I.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

21 million unemployed
livelihoods extinguished
futures ruined

Really?

AFAN....as usual, you run into the room with the green smoke cans lit.........waving them around like you just mentioned something important. really, really important. Yet, run, when even discussed. A little bit. The topic YOU brought up. The NBA

The NBA just woke up, one day, and decided, without any input from anyone, or anything, well, I think we should cancel the remainder of the season. Just, you know because.

Groups of 50, 20, 10....whatever. The NBA made THAT rule? maybe YOU should be using some THC.

No one is getting arrested, for violating the NBA's self imposed "no more groups larger than 10 people" ? NO ONE? seriously, that's why you think business shut down. my brew-INZ were on a roll, the NHL decided it would be best, for the safety of players and fans.......please, they will be bailed out. hugely.

Those parking the cars, bringing your drinks, while watching the NHL.........will NOT be bailed out. Can't collect unemployment either.

Oh well, should have learned to code (this statement would have be banned from twiitter, forever. )
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

a fan wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:27 pm
6ftstick wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:11 pm All frightened out of their minds by government, their lawyers, insurers and healthcare pros who have YET to get a projection correct. Not once.
I told you that you'd do this weeks ago. We shut down the entire world, and deaths aren't as bad.

And then you come along and say "See, this is no big deal". There are millions of you.

The only way you, RRR, and Cooter would be happy, is we did absolutely nothing, and deal with the consequences.

All this attitude tells me is that you guys don't personally know a first responder, nurse, doctor, et. al. who has to deal with these decisions you seem so eager to make. So you don't care.

But in the end----you boys need to complain to Trump. He's the one doing all the shut downs, and he just told us he's in charge of all the State shutdowns.

As for me? I think the economic damage would have been far worse, and lasted far longer.... had we done nothing.

:lol: And show me one single post where I'm not all for the 1st and 2nd amendment. I'm a former hunter, FFS. And I LOVE trap shooting.
Most people still remember the 2.5 MILLION dead prediction.

Thats what they hear bouncing around in their heads.

But they're beginning to think. Less than 40K dead. And my family life is upside down.

I can't go to church. I can't hug my grandchildren. I can't be with my parents when they die in the ICU.

And bureaucrats keep exercising more and more power extending the time they stay in control.

More people die from the flu every year. We do nothing.

We're staring down the barrel of a depression.

MY kids and grand kids lives may never be the same. And you say OK.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:08 pm

21 million unemployed
livelihoods extinguished
futures ruined

from the CDC

So tired of this.

That dog don't hunt.

Try another dog.
To quote YOU:

"You are free to leave"
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:35 pm AFAN....as usual, you run into the room with the green smoke cans lit.........waving them around like you just mentioned something important. really, really important. Yet, run, when even discussed. A little bit. The topic YOU brought up. The NBA

The NBA just woke up, one day, and decided, without any input from anyone, or anything, well, I think we should cancel the remainder of the season. Just, you know because.

Groups of 50, 20, 10....whatever. The NBA made THAT rule? maybe YOU should be using some THC.

No one is getting arrested, for violating the NBA's self imposed "no more groups larger than 10 people" ? NO ONE? seriously, that's why you think business shut down. my brew-INZ were on a roll, the NHL decided it would be best, for the safety of players and fans.......please, they will be bailed out. hugely.

Those parking the cars, bringing your drinks, while watching the NHL.........will NOT be bailed out. Can't collect unemployment either.

Oh well, should have learned to code (this statement would have be banned from twiitter, forever. )
The last games for the NBA were played on March 11. At the time, not one single State had a ban on gatherings. Not one.

Free market made a choice, my friend. There goes your theory that the government is responsible for this mess. The free market NBA said: "we have players who have COVID. We're not putting our assets at risk to make guys like Cooter, RRR, and others happy".

Why didn't they listen to your counsel that playing basketball with fellow players that have the virus is just no big deal?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._stat ... s_pandemic
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

6ftstick wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:12 pm [
So tired of this.

That dog don't hunt.

Try another dog.
So those 60 thousand deaths really don't matter to you.

Because its just the flu.
[/quote]

Even if you trust the accuracy of these numbers.....

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/us-map

.......in the upper right hand corner, the number most of US read is: 26,708

Who knew 26,708 was more than 30K. Or, OVER, 30k

It is US, who are sick of you and your nonsense fear porn, on the fly numbers .

Stop making opinions, as if they are facts.

Return to “POLITICS”