All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

RedFromMI

Re: All things COVID-19

Post by RedFromMI »

BBC News just reports that the UK just extended their lockdown for another 3 weeks...
Typical Lax Dad

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:00 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:45 am
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:41 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:31 am
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:20 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:10 am
The problem is the proximity, the lack of PPE.
You mentioned measures need to be put into place before we can return to work. What measures?

You are sandbagging, setting up the "lack of PPE's", as one of the "measures", aren't you? You sly lil Frat boy.

Well, we can't return to work, if we don't have enough PPE's, now can we.

SO.......more stay at home.

without a doubt, when the HiNI hit the USA, social distancing really worked ?

Just curious, Bill Gates, and lots of other Medical communities, actually used this VERY virus, for an exercise. Only problem is, not reading Social Distancing as part of the solution. In fact, in recommendation #3, Bill Gates does the exact opposite. You can't make this turd up. ANd suddenly, 6 months later, the DOCS and medical community has a 180 degree playbook? Do you understand this? It's bizarre. Suddenly, we should LISTEN to this kind of useless advice? put down the fecesbook, social media........debate like an educated person.

https://www.centerforhealthsecurity.org ... tions.html

Countries, international organizations, and global transportation companies should work together to maintain travel and trade during severe pandemics. Travel and trade are essential to the global economy as well as to national and even local economies, and they should be maintained even in the face of a pandemic. Improved decision-making, coordination, and communications between the public and private sectors, relating to risk, travel advisories, import/export restrictions, and border measures will be needed. The fear and uncertainty experienced during past outbreaks, even those limited to a national or regional level, have sometimes led to unjustified border measures, the closure of customer-facing businesses, import bans, and the cancellation of airline flights and international shipping. A particularly fast-moving and lethal pandemic could therefore result in political decisions to slow or stop movement of people and goods, potentially harming economies already vulnerable in the face of an outbreak. Ministries of Health and other government agencies should work together now with international airlines and global shipping companies to develop realistic response scenarios and start a contingency planning process with the goal of mitigating economic damage by maintaining key travel and trade routes during a large-scale pandemic. Supporting continued trade and travel in such an extreme circumstance may require the provision of enhanced disease control measures and personal protective equipment for transportation workers, government subsidies to support critical trade routes, and potentially liability protection in certain cases. International organizations including WHO, the International Air Transport Association, and the International Civil Aviation Organization should be partners in these preparedness and response efforts.
Blame your federal government for being unprepared. Bill Gates isn’t an elected or appointed government official. Fixated.
Ummm, I do, every day. You guys? Worried about a tv reality guy, blame him.

and then, out of the other side of your mouths, utter THIS: "..elected officials don't write the laws anyway, K street does..."

who keeps on posting ALEC links, you or me :lol:

Bill Gates ain't elected. Nor a college grad. What the heck are we listening to him, then? Is her powerless to help. To give. As he pledged.
You are fixated. Our federal government let us down.
No turd, but, all alone in the TAATS thread, aren't I?

Our Federal Govt. has 3 brances. How are the Supremes letting us down? I can give you several ways, but I would like to hear your thoughts ?

Yes, according to the 60 minutes video, in 2005, when Shrub was POTUSA, Dr. Fauci said we had given $8 billion to prepare for the pandemic.

TEA party........cared about that kind of waste. Not waste? Show us, folks that got the $8 billion. What should we do? 15 years ago. Of course our Federal Govt. let us down. Yup, all their faults. guess YOU don't vote. Don't write your COngress. State Rep. .....don't engage with any elected official. Ever.

How do you know about ALEC, than? Aren't THEY to blame? Look in the mirror......we don't care about budgets. Waste. TAATS.
Where have the tea baggers gone? They don't care about all of the spending under this current administration?

Trump talking about suspending congress should get their dander up.....
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Typical Lax Dad

RedFromMI wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:07 pm BBC News just reports that the UK just extended their lockdown for another 3 weeks...
Bill Gates did it
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:07 pm Nobody can stop you?

Are you really this vapid? Cops aren't arresting church goers? Surfers........ there choice.

Reality.......alludes most on these threads.
Was this before of after they arrived at church? Must be a new pre-crime unit out of Minority Report.
:roll:
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

RedFromMI wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:07 pm BBC News just reports that the UK just extended their lockdown for another 3 weeks...
I don't want to be like Britain. Ever.

Can you get arrested, in Britain, for stuff you post on social media? yes, or no?

exactly

F the Brits. Except, they did invent one of the worlds great games. Rugby.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Well bust my buttons

Hoping to stem the torrent of false cures and conspiracy theories about COVID-19, Facebook announced Thursday it would begin informing users globally who have liked, commented on, or shared “harmful” misinformation about the coronavirus, pointing them instead in the direction of a reliable source.

“We want to connect people who may have interacted with harmful misinformation about the virus with the truth from authoritative sources in case they see or hear these claims again,” said Guy Rosen, Facebook’s Vice President for Integrity, in a blog post published early Thursday.

Under Facebook’s new policy, when a piece of “harmful” coronavirus-related misinformation has been debunked by its fact checkers, and removed from the site, all users who have interacted with it will be shown a message in their news feed
directing them to the WHO’s list of debunked claims.

“Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.”
― George Orwell, 1984
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:09 pm

Are you really this vapid? Cops aren't arresting church goers? Surfers........ there choice.

Was this before of after they arrived at church? Must be a new pre-crime unit out of Minority Report.
What? You were very clear. No one can stop you. Now, you support a reversal of your statement? What a cad.

They did stop them. If like minded, as you said, people want to hang out , sing, pray, or whatever, it's their choice. As you claim.

you can't even support your own thoughts. Just sad.

they ARE stopping people.
Typical Lax Dad

6ftstick wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:10 pm Well bust my buttons

Hoping to stem the torrent of false cures and conspiracy theories about COVID-19, Facebook announced Thursday it would begin informing users globally who have liked, commented on, or shared “harmful” misinformation about the coronavirus, pointing them instead in the direction of a reliable source.

“We want to connect people who may have interacted with harmful misinformation about the virus with the truth from authoritative sources in case they see or hear these claims again,” said Guy Rosen, Facebook’s Vice President for Integrity, in a blog post published early Thursday.

Under Facebook’s new policy, when a piece of “harmful” coronavirus-related misinformation has been debunked by its fact checkers, and removed from the site, all users who have interacted with it will be shown a message in their news feed

“Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.”
― George Orwell, 1984
Let it ride..... the media doesn't influence how people think
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:13 pm

What? You were very clear. No one can stop you. Now, you support a reversal of your statement? What a cad.

They did stop them. If like minded, as you said, people want to hang out , sing, pray, or whatever, it's their choice. As you claim.

The were arrested before they went into church? Or was it broken up once they congregated?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:08 pm
Bill Gates did it
he does NOT own factcheck.......nope.

lemmings.......
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:15 pm

The were arrested before they went into church? Or was it broken up once they congregated?
It matters not.

You clearly said, "Nobody is stopping you"

they did. what is wrong with you?
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:17 pm
Bill Gates did it

lemmings.......
You and the Tea Baggers should be hopping mad

Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:14 pm

― George Orwell, 1984
Wonder if AFAN will finally stop wasting his life on fecesbook.

Facebook, does work with factcheck, funded by bill gates. Nope.....move along.
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:19 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:15 pm

It matters not.

You clearly said, "Nobody is stopping you"

they did. what is wrong with you?
Did someone stop them from going to church? Is anyone going to stop you from mingling with people you don't know that are not practicing social distancing..... go down to Blue Hill Avenue and shake hands with people going in an out of a bodega.... ain't nobody stoppin' you....
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

N.J. Gov. Says He ‘Wasn’t Thinking of the Bill of Rights’ When He Imposed Strict Social Distancing Guidelines

“By what authority did you nullify the Bill of Rights in issuing this order?” Carlson asked the governor, citing constitutional protections for freedom association and religious practice.

“That’s above my pay grade, Tucker,” Murphy responded. “I wasn’t thinking of the Bill of Rights when we did this. …

Seems to me these bureaucrats take an oath to "Protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Look out boys from here on out—The constitution doesn't even enter into their thought process and they're unafraid to tell us so.
Typical Lax Dad

6ftstick wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:28 pm N.J. Gov. Says He ‘Wasn’t Thinking of the Bill of Rights’ When He Imposed Strict Social Distancing Guidelines

“By what authority did you nullify the Bill of Rights in issuing this order?” Carlson asked the governor, citing constitutional protections for freedom association and religious practice.

“That’s above my pay grade, Tucker,” Murphy responded. “I wasn’t thinking of the Bill of Rights when we did this. …

Seems to me these bureaucrats take an oath to "Protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Look out boys from here on out—The constitution doesn't even enter into their thought process and they're unafraid to tell us so.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/16/us/bodie ... index.html
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:20 pm
Bill Gates did it

lemmings.......

Bill Gates owns factcheck......
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:30 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:20 pm
Bill Gates did it

lemmings.......

Bill Gates owns factcheck......
Glad to see him doing some good. Good for him.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

― George Orwell, 1984
Yup. Stay away from Facebook. Why anyone would choose to get their information from these guys is beyond me.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

jhu72 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:36 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:14 pm

― George Orwell, 1984
Yup. Stay away from Facebook. Why anyone would chose to get their information from these guys is beyond me.
I have never been on it (other than to watch a Facebook live interview once) and follow lacrosse stuff, the economist and a microbiologist on twitter. Plenty of other ways to get info without traveling in tripe.

Return to “POLITICS”