All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Typical Lax Dad

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:23 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:09 am
6ftstick wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:49 am Initial jobless claims this week. 5.2 million.

Along with 3 previous weeks wipes out nearly all new jobs created since 2008.

We all need to suck it up and get back to work OUT IN THE WORLD.
of course we do.

The stupidity is to think this can be done without the measures in place to prevent millions of deaths and the collapse of our healthcare and food system, indeed collapse of all social order.

Get the measures in place to prevent that, without the stay in place situation we have now, and EVERYONE will cheer.

"It's not my responsibility"
What are you even talking about? Measures? What measures? What the heck are you even talking about?

More people will die in Baltimore, again, from murder, than will from V-19.

Are cities going to have to hire "measures" enforcement officers? You think the pretend liberals are going to like that a new agency, checking measures, is, also, catching people getting paid $2 a day, because they are not complying with "measures". And are now deported?

You won't reply....everyone just spews nonsense, and never back it up with pragmatic solutions.

What measures are you talking about?
The answer is not "do nothing".
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Yup...and more people watched the D2/D3 championship lacrosse games than have "died" due to V-19.....or, the attendance at a O's-Reds game.

Where are all the DEATHS?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

After having shuttered a South Dakota pork processing plant because of a Covid-q19 coronavirus outbreak among its employees, Smithfield Foods now is closing two more plants, is Wisconsin and Missouri.

The Wall Street Journal reports this morning that "Smithfield said that employees at all three plants have tested positive for the coronavirus and that the Missouri plant needed pork supplies from the South Dakota facility to operate."

Some context from the story:

"Since the start of the month, beef, chicken and pork plants have closed across the country after hundreds of workers contracted the coronavirus and hundreds more stayed at home for fear of catching it. The close quarters on meat-processing lines have made some meat plants Covid-19 hot spots.

"Companies such as Smithfield, Tyson Foods Inc., Cargill Inc. and JBS USA Holdings Inc. have offered bonus pay to workers, while trying to distance employees with staggered breaks and shift-start times. In some cases meatpackers have placed barriers between line workers. Unions and worker-advocacy groups have called on meat companies to do more."

While there have been some concerns raised about food shortages, "meat industry officials have said that supplies overall remain robust and that meat stockpiles were large before the U.S. coronavirus outbreak," the Journal writes. "Restaurant dining room closures across the country mean that large quantities of ground beef and chicken breasts destined for food service are now sitting in storage and in some cases are being repurposed for supermarkets."

However, Smithfield CEO Kenneth Sullivan has suggested vigilance: "“Our country is blessed with abundant livestock supplies, but our processing facilities are the bottleneck of our food chain … For the security of our nation, I cannot understate how critical it is for our industry to continue to operate unabated.”

The Journal reports that "Sullivan warned that the meat-plant closures are creating a domino effect in the food industry that lays bare the interconnected nature of the U.S. agricultural system. As meat plants close, production of chicken, beef and pork is declining and farmers are left with nowhere to send slaughter-ready livestock."
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:26 am
6ftstick wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:49 am Initial jobless claims this week. 5.2 million.

of course we do.

The stupidity is to think this can be done without the measures in place to prevent millions of deaths and the collapse of our healthcare and food system, indeed collapse of all social order.

Get the measures in place to prevent that, without the stay in place situation we have now, and EVERYONE will cheer.

What are you even talking about? Measures? What measures? What the heck are you even talking about?

Are cities going to have to hire "measures" enforcement officers? You think the pretend liberals are going to like that a new agency, checking measures, is, also, catching people getting paid $2 a day, because they are not complying with "measures". And are now deported?

You won't reply....everyone just spews nonsense, and never back it up with pragmatic solutions.

No turd, that is why he mentioned "measures". Which would be doing something. Sorry, coach, I don't understand what you mean when you say I need to take "measures" to stop them from scoring.

I can't do SOMETHING, if I don't know what the plan is.

Do you know what measures he speaks of?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:28 am Yup...and more people watched the D2/D3 championship lacrosse games than have "died" due to V-19.....or, the attendance at a O's-Reds game.

SO...VERY...STUPID

please stop
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

According to the poll, 32 respondents , collectively, know 53 people that have V-19. Are we wrong to assume that this mean testing "positive" only, not people we know that have died?

Apparently, there are 4 people that contributed to the poll, that know at least 5 people that have tested positive. Where do these people live?

So, of the 53 people that some of know, how many have died?
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:30 am

of course we do.

No turd, that is why he mentioned "measures". Which would be doing something. Sorry, coach, I don't understand what you mean when you say I need to take "measures" to stop them from scoring.

Measures mean something TBD. We will see what they are. It not “nothing”. It’s like what is the climate changing to... “something warmer”.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:13 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:34 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:05 am yup, you bought into what it never was, your money.
Wrongo buckaroo, i did not buy into anything. The US gubmint took that money and has taken it every week for decades. i have understood for a long time what a sheepdip show ss was,is and shall always be. My point is for them to pay me what they took when i retire and the ss system can go F**K themselves. i promise i will will save 50 cents for that bullet if the time comes. i am an optimist, my goal is to live to at least 101 and make them pay me more than they took from me .
nope, you didn't loan them the money, they taxed it, no longer yours. Gone.

What you do get back is a promise that the government will keep taxing the next set of workers so that they can pay out subsistence amounts to everyone who paid something in that way, once they get older.

But a lot of folks bought the idea that that the government was 'saving' their money for them...never was true.

and now back to COVID-19...
Sorry to "stray" from the COVID topic... Then WHY did the government take the time and effort to keep track of every penny they took from me since 1974. If it was never true that they were "saving' my money for me why did they keep accurate records of every penny they took for 46 years? I guess they just needed something to do to keep those SS folks busy. I just looked up my SS account the other day. Sure as shooting they itemize what they took from my pay since 1974. I guess it is irrelevant then, keeping such detailed records must just be a government hobby when they are bored. ;) If they were not "pretending" to save my money they never needed to account for any of it. All they had to do was tell me to go F**K myself. That is something our government is quite good at.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Cooter wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:24 am
ggait wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:00 am
Here in Maryland, face-masks will be required in stores or on public transportation, starting Saturday
I'm wearing a mask to keep me from infecting you.

So if you are not willing to return the favor by wearing a mask to keep from infecting me, then you should stay off my forking bus. And stay out of my forking grocery store.
You are not doing me any real favor, I have accepted that I will probably get this virus given its infectiousness.

You seem to feel you can tell me what to do, so why don't you just stay home.

There is 644,823 tested cases in the U.S., which given all the asymptomatic and mild cases means there are probably well over a million cases in the U.S. - perhaps 1.5 million or even 2 million.
Cooter, giving you the benefit of the doubt here:

Dire estimates suggest that about 50% of the US 360mm pop will ultimately be infected, but which 50% (180mm) and when?
Those most at risk of hospitalization or those least?

All at once or spread out over 18 month-2 years?

Do we collapse the health system? The food system?

This matters.

Now, if you have a personal death wish, there are ways to go expose yourself, but do us all a favor and immediately thereafter quarantine so as to not infect anyone else, and, if you're one of those who have a serious reaction, please 'die in place'...don't call 9-11.
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:35 am According to the poll, 32 respondents , collectively, know 53 people that have V-19. Are we wrong to assume that this mean testing "positive" only, not people we know that have died?

Apparently, there are 4 people that contributed to the poll, that know at least 5 people that have tested positive. Where do these people live?

I don’t know anyone that died from opioids, so we good.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:38 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:13 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:34 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:05 am yup, you bought into what it never was, your money.
Wrongo buckaroo, i did not buy into anything. The US gubmint took that money and has taken it every week for decades. i have understood for a long time what a sheepdip show ss was,is and shall always be. My point is for them to pay me what they took when i retire and the ss system can go F**K themselves. i promise i will will save 50 cents for that bullet if the time comes. i am an optimist, my goal is to live to at least 101 and make them pay me more than they took from me .
nope, you didn't loan them the money, they taxed it, no longer yours. Gone.

What you do get back is a promise that the government will keep taxing the next set of workers so that they can pay out subsistence amounts to everyone who paid something in that way, once they get older.

But a lot of folks bought the idea that that the government was 'saving' their money for them...never was true.

and now back to COVID-19...
Sorry to "stray" from the COVID topic... Then WHY did the government take the time and effort to keep track of every penny they took from me since 1974. If it was never true that they were "saving' my money for me why did they keep accurate records of every penny they took for 46 years? I guess they just needed something to do to keep those SS folks busy. I just looked up my SS account the other day. Sure as shooting they itemize what they took from my pay since 1974. I guess it is irrelevant then, keeping such detailed records must just be a government hobby when they are bored. ;) If they were not "pretending" to save my money they never needed to account for any of it. All they had to do was tell me to go F**K myself. That is something our government is quite good at.
Your 'contributions' (SS taxes) do impact the measure of how much payout you get, but it's not 1:1 much less with any guaranteed interest.

Now, why did they construct it that way?
For good rational reason, political, or both? Different discussion.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:29 am After having shuttered a South Dakota pork processing plant because of a Covid-q19 coronavirus outbreak among its employees, Smithfield Foods now is closing two more plants, is Wisconsin and Missouri.

The Wall Street Journal reports this morning that "Smithfield said that employees at all three plants have tested positive for the coronavirus and that the Missouri plant needed pork supplies from the South Dakota facility to operate."

Some context from the story:

"Since the start of the month, beef, chicken and pork plants have closed across the country after hundreds of workers contracted the coronavirus and hundreds more stayed at home for fear of catching it. The close quarters on meat-processing lines have made some meat plants Covid-19 hot spots.

"Companies such as Smithfield, Tyson Foods Inc., Cargill Inc. and JBS USA Holdings Inc. have offered bonus pay to workers, while trying to distance employees with staggered breaks and shift-start times. In some cases meatpackers have placed barriers between line workers. Unions and worker-advocacy groups have called on meat companies to do more."

While there have been some concerns raised about food shortages, "meat industry officials have said that supplies overall remain robust and that meat stockpiles were large before the U.S. coronavirus outbreak," the Journal writes. "Restaurant dining room closures across the country mean that large quantities of ground beef and chicken breasts destined for food service are now sitting in storage and in some cases are being repurposed for supermarkets."

However, Smithfield CEO Kenneth Sullivan has suggested vigilance: "“Our country is blessed with abundant livestock supplies, but our processing facilities are the bottleneck of our food chain … For the security of our nation, I cannot understate how critical it is for our industry to continue to operate unabated.”

The Journal reports that "Sullivan warned that the meat-plant closures are creating a domino effect in the food industry that lays bare the interconnected nature of the U.S. agricultural system. As meat plants close, production of chicken, beef and pork is declining and farmers are left with nowhere to send slaughter-ready livestock."
Ignorant. Smithfield, Tysons, are owned by commie Chinese. Using Mitch McConnells father in laws boats.

Meatpacking......any illegals working at these vaunted jobs?

You actually "believe" that they tested ALL the workers for V-19? That is why they are shutting the plants down? Not b/c humans don't want to risk their lives, getting paid $100 a week ?

You, and I , can't get tested. But meatpackers, b/c they care SO much about their health, THEY got tested? With no symptoms? Is this how South Dakota is rolling? Don't be so gullible.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:39 am
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:35 am According to the poll, 32 respondents , collectively, know 53 people that have V-19. Are we wrong to assume that this mean testing "positive" only, not people we know that have died?

Take that concern to the opiod thread,
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:47 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:39 am

Take that concern to the opiod thread,
Did you just now write that people are dying in Baltimore from things other than Covid-19 or was that someone else?
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:39 am
Here in Maryland, face-masks will be required in stores or on public transportation, starting Saturday

So if you are not willing to return the favor by wearing a mask to keep from infecting me, then you should stay off my forking bus. And stay out of my forking grocery store.
You are not doing me any real favor, I have accepted that I will probably get this virus given its infectiousness.

There is 644,823 tested cases in the U.S., which given all the asymptomatic and mild cases means there are probably well over a million cases in the U.S. - perhaps 1.5 million or even 2 million.

Now, if you have a personal death wish, there are ways to go expose yourself, but do us all a favor and immediately thereafter quarantine so as to not infect anyone else, and, if you're one of those who have a serious reaction, please 'die in place'...don't call 9-11.
It is not a death wish. The chances of a healthy person dying from this disease are rather small.
If you are hysterically afraid of it, stay at home!!! Don't tell me what to do.
Live Free or Die!
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:36 am
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:30 am

of course we do.

Measures mean something TBD. We will see what they are. It not “nothing”. It’s like what is the climate changing to... “something warmer”.
Discussing this with RRR is a black hole.

"measures" means what the scientists say: getting the incidence way down to low #'s of infected people shredding virus (we won't be able to eliminate it), testing ramped up everywhere sufficient to identify and track ALL indidiccals who are infectious (including asymptomatic), contact tracing of all those likely exposed and thereon.

Meanwhile getting ample masks and other PPE for everyone likely to be in exposed situations and in groups where proximity is more unavoidable. Masks for everyone else, hand sanitizer everywhere. Continuing distancing for any large groups.

The above need to be in place before opening up. It's doable, but requires a big, concerted push. (unfortunately that's not really happening in an efficient way).

Meanwhile developing therapies that not only reduce fatality, but reduce time in hospital or need to go to hospital. When those come on line, risk of overwhelming the health system goes down.

And ultimately one or more safe, effective vaccines. Once that happens, almost every other restriction can be lifted. Hopefully some smart practices will remain, but nothing that prevents an enjoyable, productive life.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Cooter wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:52 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:39 am

It is not a death wish. The chances of a healthy person dying from this disease are rather small.
If you are hysterically afraid of it, stay at home!!! Don't tell me what to do.
Cooter, did you ignore the rest?
Not to be harsh, but your risk is not the issue, it's you infecting others because of your choice not to care about your personal risk.

simple, really.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

My county here in MD has 2,133 total confirmed cases, an increase of 200 from yesterday. Relative to the previous increase of 50, this is a huge jump. I have not found any explanation for it; it could be a result of working through the backlog of tests, as it happened with the big increase of 217 reported back on April 8.

Flu vs COVID-19.PNG
Flu vs COVID-19.PNG (37.85 KiB) Viewed 1529 times
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:31 am
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:28 am Yup...and more people watched the D2/D3 championship lacrosse games than have "died" due to V-19.....or, the attendance at a O's-Reds game.

SO...VERY...STUPID

please stop
NO.....I won't. Your mindset anti American. End of story.

NPI's (non-pharmaceutical intervention, aka Social Distancing) and ALL the other fear porn social experiment civil rights abuses, are ,and ONLY, predicated on DEATHS. The fear porn.

Again, you're cool with NOT being allowed at your loved ones death bed, I'm not.

Meanwhile, you speak of "measures" that have to be put into place, before we go back to work. Ok. What measures.
DMac

Post by DMac »

The poll is a classic example of the kind of meaningless bullschidt that gets passed along to others on the cesspool that is social media as a poll they saw so it must be right/true.
Who told the truth on this poll and who lied?

Return to “POLITICS”