All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

ggait

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by ggait »

Did this website or the previous one (Laxpower) have a thread of over 400+ pages called 'Orange Obama" or something along those lines, during the Obama reign?

That should answer who is sane and who should check into the local psychiatric ward.
Petey -- check out the Water Cooler archives linked below and then get back to us with your diagnoses.

117 pages on whether Dubya was a good or bad prez.

122 pages on Hillary.

166 pages on MAGA

286 pages on the US financial woes

314 pages on the 2016 election

318 pages on Obama's second term

For some reason, I couldn't (in my quick check) locate the thread on Benghazi. My vague recollection is that that one was like 7 million pages.

viewtopic.php?t=438
Last edited by ggait on Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:10 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:05 pm That hopeless dingbat Whitmer is causing a revolution in Michigan.

https://www.wilx.com/content/news/Opera ... 59601.html

Come get yer hero, libs. The revolution is about to happen. Won't end well.
I want you to have your freedom—says the governor

Look, I don't even think she's malevolent, like many libs. I think she's simply a birdbrain way in over her head, making rash decisions on the fly, surrounded by less freedom/civil liberty loving Michigan political chuckleheads, who tell her what to do and she simply nods in agreement. In any event, when thousands descend on the state capital to protest a governor simply because they are sensible and want to plant their Springtime crop, the end is near. For her, or for the state.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:05 pm That hopeless dingbat Whitmer is causing a revolution in Michigan.

Nope. It won't. But not in the way you think.

Remember when I wrote---and this was before lockdowns hit----that Congress and Trump needed to cut checks for $5K for every tax filer PER MONTH? Do you understand why now? They didn't do that, and now people are listening to money instead of science. Don't blame them, of course.

What do you think is going to happen? You think Michigan Staties are going to start shooting people? Nope. They're going to cave. And the virus will get worse if they open things too soon.

And guess who has to pay for that mess? Your Michigan "freedom lovers"? Hell no. I and my fellow taxpayers will be on the hook to fix Michigan or any other State that turns into a virus hotspot.

F'ing idiots in Congress. Still playing the trickle down game with bailout for big biz, and laughable, puny checks for the bottom 75% earners. Checks that still haven't arrived because guys like you think government is bad, "therefore" let's gut Departments like the IRS and others, making them non-functioning entities.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

ggait wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:16 pm
Did this website or the previous one (Laxpower) have a thread of over 400+ pages called 'Orange Obama" or something along those lines, during the Obama reign?

That should answer who is sane and who should check into the local psychiatric ward.
Petey -- check out the archives linked below and then get back to us with your diagnoses.

117 pages on whether Dubya was a good or bad prez.

122 pages on Hillary.

166 pages on MAGA

286 pages on the US financial woes

314 pages on the 2016 election

318 pages on Obama's second term

For some reason, I couldn't (in my quick check) locate the thread on Benghazi. My vague recollection is that that one was like 7 million pages.

viewtopic.php?t=438
How many jokes from Jim Malone? :lol:
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

It is like he either has no understanding or lies; probably both

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!

4:42 PM · Feb 24, 2020

Trump on February 10th on China and WHO.

"China is very professionally run in the sense that they have everything under control....we just sent some of our best people over there, World Health Organization and a lot of them are composed of our people. They're fantastic."
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:53 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:54 am
jhu72 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:08 am Another thumbs down for Dr. Trump's snake oil.
did they use it with zinc?
early onstage or after it was too late for the drug to be effective?
who was it used on?
i'm really interested in more china information.
as long as we're posting things about research that we have no details, no peer review, etc.... a la our commander in chief... here's an update in france with now 4337 patients:
https://www.mediterranee-infection.com/covid-19/
control group 1666, 67 deaths, 4.0% case fatality.
hcl/zpk group: 2671, 11 deaths, 0.4% case fatality.
zero other details that i've found as of yet.

a while back, new york (city?) was supposed to be running a 1K + trial, cuomo says results of a trial will be released in 5 days. given he restricted use to only hospitalized patients at one point, it's unclear whether this one will have evidence of patients at various stages early, late, high viral load and virus taking over already, etc. tamiflu and many other viral candidates are deemed most effective the earlier you take them.
there was also this out today:
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/15/coronav ... speed.html
looks like more than a dozen going here in the us of a.
there are hopefully hundreds more on other possible treatments.
This is exactly the problem - peer review. All of this is unreviewed. Press releases trying to drum up excitement, name recognition or dollars or both for the research. We have seen this before - remember AIDS? The onus is on those claiming positive results, not those claiming they have seen what is expected - Chloroquine has anti-inflammatory properties that might make patients "feel better". "Feel better" has no scientific meaning. I am certain if the issue was to provide an anti-inflammatory action, we could find a better solutions than Chloroquine in this case.

The peer reviewed literature will in the end decide - not clowns like the Gateway Pudidiot.

PS - this is not really about ZPAK or even zinc.
i don't have any problem with you questioning the narrative, the lack of process. you seem to have to come to your own conclusions already, and that seems to run counter to your stated view above about letting the science inform us... but hey, again that's your call and i'm not trying to change that. but if i'm wrong about your conclusions, i apologize for reading it wrong.
in any event, what i am for right now is medical science pushing forth as much measured but extra effort to get findings for us.
could care less if it's hcq, zinc, anything else that might be effective. they can start in vitro (hcq has had some success there, for example), and go from there. unfortunately, we have lots of patients. very bright medical minds will be scouring the globe and their peers will be putting unprecedented collaboration into it. that's our advantage.
here's an article...
https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/a ... s-reviewed
with many more potential ideas, discarded and advanced by commenters... that speaks to just some options. 99% of them will probably be ineffective solutions. hopefully not 100%. we just need one that works (or several, various stages) safely and can be produced en masse. or in quantities that help us treat until the vaccine race hits a winner (hopefully).
maybe it'll burn out as it mutates, but hope isn't much of a strategy (except in the market lately).
Bart

Post by Bart »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:08 am Another thumbs down for Dr. Trump's snake oil.
who was it used on?
as long as we're posting things about research that we have no details, no peer review, etc.... a la our commander in chief... here's an update in france with now 4337 patients:

a while back, new york (city?) was supposed to be running a 1K + trial, cuomo says results of a trial will be released in 5 days. given he restricted use to only hospitalized patients at one point, it's unclear whether this one will have evidence of patients at various stages early, late, high viral load and virus taking over already, etc. tamiflu and many other viral candidates are deemed most effective the earlier you take them.
This is exactly the problem - peer review. All of this is unreviewed. Press releases trying to drum up excitement, name recognition or dollars or both for the research. We have seen this before - remember AIDS? The onus is on those claiming positive results, not those claiming they have seen what is expected - Chloroquine has anti-inflammatory properties that might make patients "feel better". "Feel better" has no scientific meaning. I am certain if the issue was to provide an anti-inflammatory action, we could find a better solutions than Chloroquine in this case.

The peer reviewed literature will in the end decide - not clowns like the Gateway Pudidiot.

Yet, it appears to me your mind has been made up prior to any peer reviewed literature has even hit the press.

Thanks for letting me know this is not about ZPAK or zinc. I will cease to continue to read on this as well, or perhaps not. It is all just a bit fascinating.

To me, this is an interesting topic, thank you wgdsr for the added insight/question. Much better than the continued peeing match placing blame. I'm just anxiously waiting to the next round of numbers and the immediate sentence on how the POTUS is a douche bag. That is good stuff...............
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:17 pm

Nope. It won't. But not in the way you think.

Remember when I wrote---and this was before lockdowns hit----that Congress and Trump needed to cut checks for $5K for every tax filer PER MONTH? Do you understand why now? They didn't do that, and now people are listening to money instead of science. Don't blame them, of course.

What do you think is going to happen? You think Michigan Staties are going to start shooting people? Nope. They're going to cave. And the virus will get worse if they open things too soon.

This is your opinion, selling it as fact.

And guess who has to pay for that mess? Your Michigan "freedom lovers"? Hell no. I and my fellow taxpayers will be on the hook to fix Michigan or any other State that turns into a virus hotspot.

F'ing idiots in Congress. Still playing the trickle down game with bailout for big biz, and laughable, puny checks for the bottom 75% earners. Checks that still haven't arrived because guys like you think government is bad, "therefore" let's gut Departments like the IRS and others, making them non-functioning entities. TAATS, another in agreement, if only in philosophy. John Brown may have been crazy. Did that make him wrong? exactly
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Bart

Post by Bart »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:35 pm
who was it used on?

i don't have any problem with you questioning the narrative, the lack of process. you seem to have to come to your own conclusions already, and that seems to run counter to your stated view above about letting the science inform us... but hey, again that's your call and i'm not trying to change that. but if i'm wrong about your conclusions, i apologize for reading it wrong.
in any event, what i am for right now is medical science pushing forth as much measured but extra effort to get findings for us.
could care less if it's hcq, zinc, anything else that might be effective. they can start in vitro (hcq has had some success there, for example), and go from there. unfortunately, we have lots of patients. very bright medical minds will be scouring the globe and their peers will be putting unprecedented collaboration into it. that's our advantage.
here's an article...
https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/a ... s-reviewed
with many more potential ideas, discarded and advanced by commenters... that speaks to just some options. 99% of them will probably be ineffective solutions. hopefully not 100%. we just need one that works (or several, various stages) safely and can be produced en masse. or in quantities that help us treat until the vaccine race hits a winner (hopefully).
maybe it'll burn out as it mutates, but hope isn't much of a strategy (except in the market lately).
thanks for that info. Here is one that is a bit dated. It runs down some of the potentials back in March. My guess is that it has changed a bit but it is a nice place to start.
https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/19/an- ... velopment/
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

saw that over the weekend. someone better than me at finding the numbers --- does that mean the extreme cardio risk affects .00002% vs .00001 % of patients, or 2 percent vs 1%, or something in-between?
if it's the middle one, trump says we don't want the solution to be worse than the problem, so we should eliminate zpak....
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:05 pm
saw that over the weekend. someone better than me at finding the numbers --- does that mean the extreme cardio risk affects .00002% vs .00001 % of patients, or 2 percent vs 1%, or something in-between?
if it's the middle one, trump says we don't want the solution to be worse than the problem, so we should eliminate zpak....
I am hoping the scientists determine what makes sense. I have a client that may be making an announcement on COVID-19 early next month. Let the scientists do what they do. This isn’t the first drug being developed. I don’t want politicians pushing a medical solution a head of the science. Could be right, could be wrong. Only time will tell. What I know for certain is this: nobody on this forum will make the discovery.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:44 pm And the virus will get worse if they open things too soon.[/b]

This is your opinion, selling it as fact[/b].
What is it that you think you need to see to tell you that the social distancing/lockdowns is working?
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:32 pm
6ftstick wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:09 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:02 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:19 am Did this website or the previous one (Laxpower) have a thread of over 400+ pages called 'Orange Obama" or something along those lines, during the Obama reign?
Oh no, of course not.

No one made a single post, comment, or complaint about Obama for 8 full years at the Water Cooler.

Amazing, right?
Od course there was objection to Obama and his redistributive policies.

But to suggest some kind of equivalency to the hyperbolic vitriol and vocabulary that you folks in the WDS clown car use is disingenuous. And a lie.

Find anything compared to DocBarristers recent Trump tirades. Or the descriptors used by seacoaster/kismet and ardilla et al.
+1
First of all, the Water Cooler isn't searchable. You don't remember any of your Obama tirades, 6foot? :lol: Yeah, ok.

You're also leaving out all the things that Trump does that Obama, Bush, and Clinton never did.

I mean, come on, six. How bad would you have freaked out if Obama had sent his daughters to "negotiate" Middle East peace deals? Or if Obama owned hotels that hosted the Secret Service and foreign diplomats?

And what would you have said if Obama said that "Mexico will pay for Obamacare"??

You would have lost your freaking mind, and you know it! Stop acting like Trump is a rational, level headed President, and doesn't deserve the criticism coming his way.

Old Salt himself has said many times that Trump is unfit for office. So for heaven's sake, wouldn't you expect MORE criticism headed his way when that's the case?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:13 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:44 pm And the virus will get worse if they open things too soon.[/b]

This is your opinion, selling it as fact[/b].
What is it that you think you need to see to tell you that the social distancing/lockdowns is working?
undebateable, you are. The premise......the proof is on YOU! you made the claim. Social distortion is working. 100% reason why it's "working" got it.

But, What do you mean by "working" ?

Are you talking about the DEATH predictions not being met?

Or, just Positive test results ? Aren't we seeing increases in Postive tests? Doesn't seem to me, by any kind of logic, that if the number is increasing, social distortion is NOT working.

What part of, it's pretty much only killing the unwell, aren't you getting. Just like you, I can make statements, as if facts. But, isn't mine more provable ? That , even though the number of US citizens have tested positive for this thing, the number of dead aren't anywhere close too.....predictions. Based on S/D. I can probably provide, much easier, the demographics, and prevailing health conditions that the V-19 had.

You either believe in the survival of the fittest, or you don't. Being completely serious. Like your claim, you're either pregnant, or you are not. Same with the demographic, resoundingly similar health problems, issues.

Many of our grand parents died in their 60's and 70's. Mine did. Forty years later, we think a 79 year old is young, when they pass.

Prepare like you'll live forever. Live life, however, like there is no tomorrow.

It''s mine, and it's already TM'd.
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:31 pm undebateable, you are. The premise......the proof is on YOU! you made the claim. Social distortion is working. 100% reason why it's "working" got it.
Asked and answered. You just don't like the answer.

It's simple. I haven't been in contact with another human for four weeks.

How am I going to get the virus? I can't. Now multiply this by a few million people. So the virus will slow down, giving medical professionals time to figure out everything from treatment, to increased testing, to outright vaccines.

And in places where people kept right on going out to restaurants like Sweden? Their death rate is higher than America's is.

What else do you need to see? You're saying this isn't' enough for you. So I'm asking again: what is? What would convince you that this path is working?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:23 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:32 pm
6ftstick wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:09 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:02 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:19 am Did this website or the previous one (Laxpower) have a thread of over 400+ pages called 'Orange Obama" or something along those lines, during the Obama reign?
Oh no, of course not.

No one made a single post, comment, or complaint about Obama for 8 full years at the Water Cooler.

Amazing, right?
Od course there was objection to Obama and his redistributive policies.

But to suggest some kind of equivalency to the hyperbolic vitriol and vocabulary that you folks in the WDS clown car use is disingenuous. And a lie.

Find anything compared to DocBarristers recent Trump tirades. Or the descriptors used by seacoaster/kismet and ardilla et al.
+1
First of all, the Water Cooler isn't searchable. You don't remember any of your Obama tirades, 6foot? :lol: Yeah, ok. Did you, ever, have a tirade about something OBama did? ever. Or never?

You're also leaving out all the things that Trump does that Obama, Bush, and Clinton never did.

I mean, come on, six. How bad would you have freaked out if Obama had sent his daughters to "negotiate" Middle East peace deals? Or if Obama owned hotels that hosted the Secret Service and foreign diplomats?
More like comparing Clinton's daughter. Ivanka is a Wharton school grad Twice the age. Nice equal
And what would you have said if Obama said that "Mexico will pay for Obamacare"?? Why would Mexico pay for something that doesn't affect them. The border, does.

You would have lost your freaking mind, and you know it! Stop acting like Trump is a rational, level headed President, and doesn't deserve the criticism coming his way. On this, I agree. However, YOU, have to be out of your freaking mind. There, are , what, a dozen people making comments. Thousands upon thousands of them, bashing the guy. Who IS so easily bashable. But, the links to the old laxpower ....does prove one thing. Way more members......far fewer comments. Hmmmm, censorship, perhaps ? Not good for democracy. But, blaming a tv "celebrity", which is what he IS, when almost all of the blame falls squarely in the lap of the medical, research & university welfare system.

You know what I took out of the idiotic 60 minutes attempt ? (yet another, to blame tRump and his minions, for this outbreak. BIG fail on 60 minutes part ) I listened to MONEY part, when, in 2005, Dr. Fauci mentioned $8 billion to "study" this very scenario.

And another $10 billion in 2006, $23 billion in 2007, ....all the way to the , grand total, of almost $500 billion, collectively. But, blame the best distraction evah, the clown, tv show guy.....yeah, lets blame it on HIM. It's childish. It's turning people off. Nay, it turned them off, in 2018, after an entire year of it. You think it's any better, now. After three years in? Dude, look at this politic thread ...........show me one that doesn't have HIS name in it. Over, aond over, and over.....

Old Salt himself has said many times that Trump is unfit for office. So for heaven's sake, wouldn't you expect MORE criticism headed his way when that's the case?
AOD

Post by AOD »

a fan wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:17 pm Hell no. I and my fellow taxpayers will be on the hook to fix Michigan or any other State that turns into a virus hotspot.
Add KY, Il and NJ to that list a fan. These are states with the largest public pension deficits. They've floated the idea of a Federal gov't bailout at least once already. With state sales tax revenues dropping at catastrophic rates, the stock market still hurting badly and the climate for bailouts in general changing, we're likely to see another attempt at Federal subsidies for state pension obligations. Get ready.
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:50 pm Did you, ever, have a tirade about something OBama did? ever. Or never?
Yes. I was never a fan of his. Obamacare. 08-09 Bailouts where he favored his buddies (unions, etc.). I'm sure I can think of more...but these were ongoing criticisms.

There was little to criticize after Obama's first two years, as I'm sure you remember, because McConnell kept any meaningful legislation from passing for six full years. So what was there to talk about?

However, I was----as I have for Trump----- defending Obama's Middle East war decisions pretty much nonstop. There are no "right moves" in the Middle East.
a fan

Post by a fan »

AOD wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:01 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:17 pm Hell no. I and my fellow taxpayers will be on the hook to fix Michigan or any other State that turns into a virus hotspot.
Add KY, Il and NJ to that list a fan. These are states with the largest public pension deficits. They've floated the idea of a Federal gov't bailout at least once already. With state sales tax revenues dropping at catastrophic rates, the stock market still hurting badly and the climate for bailouts in general changing, we're likely to see another attempt at Federal subsidies for state pension obligations. Get ready.
State Pensions have been an ongoing discussion at the Water Cooler for 20 years. They're stupid, and unsustainable. They need to end them, immediately.

But every Governor is in line, asking for bailouts because of the tax shortfall from the virus shutdown. This could've been ameliorated by giving out far larger checks to taxpayers early in the crisis. You could see this tax shortfall coming a thousand miles away....
AOD

Post by AOD »

a fan wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:03 pm

There was little to criticize after Obama's first two years, as I'm sure you remember, because McConnell kept any meaningful legislation from passing for six full years. So what was there to talk about?

=
I got one for you. His failure to fight harder for the Garland appointment made him complicit in the Senate's abrogation of its Constitutional duty to advise and consent.

Return to “POLITICS”