All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

cradleandshoot

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:51 am
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:19 am
dislaxxic wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:06 am
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:44 amA final antidote is to tune out the negative nabobs of the media and Left who have a vested interest in making you hysterical; they are selling you tickets to their carnival, making dishonest money along the way, a non-essential pursuit if there ever was one.
i just can't WAIT for the next Dem administration so we can see all the measured, reasonable, non-hysterical posts being made by PB, 6ft, t37, ya, C&S and ALL our MOST reasoned, calm, positive friends on the Right. You know, all in support of "just giving the guy a chance", and "wanting whats good for the country" ... yeah, that... :D

Did this website or the previous one (Laxpower) have a thread of over 400+ pages called 'Orange Obama" or something along those lines, during the Obama reign?

That should answer who is sane and who should check into the local psychiatric ward.
Nope. It did however have such a thread dedicated to Hillary in the lead up to the 2016 election. The Orange Duce thread was started in response to that thread, in early 2016. The name of the thread, Orange Duce, was given it by a real conservative media personality. :lol:
It is way too late in the game but I sure have some wonderful new knick names for any Hillary Rotten threads. I dont think they would make it past the moderators...darn it.
😝
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:19 am Did this website or the previous one (Laxpower) have a thread of over 400+ pages called 'Orange Obama" or something along those lines, during the Obama reign?
Oh no, of course not.

No one made a single post, comment, or complaint about Obama for 8 full years at the Water Cooler.

Amazing, right?
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:37 am
ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:31 am
wgdsr wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:22 am trying to play a little devil's advocate here again...
most involved globally are trying to play hands without knowing their cards.
what is the endgame? least covid related deaths? least combo of covid related medical deaths and economic damage? (read in that the mental, physical, social damage and all the things that come with that)

it would seem barring a hail mary we are very early innings. maybe the first inning.
we need time until game can be won. a vaccine.... what if there is no vaccine? this is a novel, 100 year flood virus -- animal to human, high transmissability... high case fatality.... i have tremendous faith in biotech, but it's also very possible an effective vaccine is not found.
major prominent left newscasts last night had several scientists say herd immunity may be the only way out other than social distancing for years... years. what would that do to society? look what it's done so far, and we haven't seen nothing if things get amplified.

tests rolled out have been a cluster in preparation, awareness, efficiency, supplies, efficacy, accuracy, coordination, reagents and supplies for the supplies...
now it's about antibody tests. 100s of millions? what if immunity isn't real with this?
hail mary on a treatment. or that immunity works and maybe many more people have been exposed than we think. science nowadays is amazing. i believe they'll figure it out.

ultimately, i have faith in our people. long term. get the transmission rate under 1 with a functioning society. somehow.
good post. the goal certainly isnt unified nor clear nor static.

give everyone in the world a keyboard, hindsight, and, well... let the critique begin.

we are all Dr. Wiki. well, almost all! that's what makes FanLax so great.

i do think this is the beginning stages, based on nothing other than reading the experts here.

one question on vaccines- while certainly critical, isnt proper therapy just as important?
Therapies are probably more important. Truly effective therapies not requiring hospitalization and the high R0 would produce herd immunity in relative short order. The real problem is the lethality coupled with its required hospitalization. If this could be treated effectively at home, it is just a super cold. Now that we are seeing that ventilators are likely a mistake in the vast majority of serious cases, this goal may be attainable. Not a prediction, just an assessment. The remaining concerns are; is there any lasting long term effect?; how effective is the production of herd immunity? The jury is still out.

We do have an immediate problem in trying to get back to something like normal. The antibody tests are a cluster fu*k. The Trump FDA approach to allow dozens of untested, unverified antibody tests out into the market is a disaster. There is some real beans out there masquerading as something of value. It's a used car salesman's heaven. There are a smaller number that may be of value. It is going to take more time to sort this out.
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/15/new-cor ... bbott.html
abbott up today on their volume. things are moving at warp speed. there is a real need to. there's also a need to recognize mistakes quickly, and clean them up quickly (get accurate tests by reputable sources cleared). given the clamoring for pcr tests that we did not have, did not ramp, ran into multiple supply chain problems with, i'm gonna expect we'll have wins and losses with the antibodies until they "get it right". hopefully we'll have some idea whether immunity exists, too --- but given we're talking about a very small segment of the population, we'll need some therapies to come along as well.
Bart

Post by Bart »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:54 am
jhu72 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:08 am Another thumbs down for Dr. Trump's snake oil.
did they use it with zinc?
early onstage or after it was too late for the drug to be effective?
who was it used on?
i'm really interested in more china information.
as long as we're posting things about research that we have no details, no peer review, etc.... a la our commander in chief... here's an update in france with now 4337 patients:
https://www.mediterranee-infection.com/covid-19/
control group 1666, 67 deaths, 4.0% case fatality.
hcl/zpk group: 2671, 11 deaths, 0.4% case fatality.
zero other details that i've found as of yet.

a while back, new york (city?) was supposed to be running a 1K + trial, cuomo says results of a trial will be released in 5 days. given he restricted use to only hospitalized patients at one point, it's unclear whether this one will have evidence of patients at various stages early, late, high viral load and virus taking over already, etc. tamiflu and many other viral candidates are deemed most effective the earlier you take them.
there was also this out today:
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/15/coronav ... speed.html
looks like more than a dozen going here in the us of a.
there are hopefully hundreds more on other possible treatments.
Is this just like zycam? You know for colds? Chhoroquine is a zinc ionophore. Zinc has antiviral properties in some viruses. Using Chloroquine to get the zinc into cells?

Zycam cold medicine states take it as soon as you feel first signs of infection. Zinc efficacy early in the process?

Other postulate if decreases the endocytosis of the virus into cells? It will be interesting to see what the results are.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Bart wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:07 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:08 am Another thumbs down for Dr. Trump's snake oil.
who was it used on?
as long as we're posting things about research that we have no details, no peer review, etc.... a la our commander in chief... here's an update in france with now 4337 patients:

a while back, new york (city?) was supposed to be running a 1K + trial, cuomo says results of a trial will be released in 5 days. given he restricted use to only hospitalized patients at one point, it's unclear whether this one will have evidence of patients at various stages early, late, high viral load and virus taking over already, etc. tamiflu and many other viral candidates are deemed most effective the earlier you take them.
Is this just like zycam? You know for colds? Chhoroquine is a zinc ionophore. Zinc has antiviral properties in some viruses. Using Chloroquine to get the zinc into cells?

Zycam cold medicine states take it as soon as you feel first signs of infection. Zinc efficacy early in the process?

Other postulate if decreases the endocytosis of the virus into cells? It will be interesting to see what the results are.
yes to all.
edit --- that's the idea, i am not clear on details mentioned. evidently hcl raises ph level which can disrupt entering cells and also can raise zinc level on its own, zinc helping to block replication. i have read multiple times, referenced, chloroquine being an aid for zinc getting into cells, production of it.
i'm also fairly sure it's not the only anti-viral candidate that has the chance to do this.
Last edited by wgdsr on Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

a fan wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:02 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:19 am Did this website or the previous one (Laxpower) have a thread of over 400+ pages called 'Orange Obama" or something along those lines, during the Obama reign?
Oh no, of course not.

No one made a single post, comment, or complaint about Obama for 8 full years at the Water Cooler.

Amazing, right?
Od course there was objection to Obama and his redistributive policies.

But to suggest some kind of equivalency to the hyperbolic vitriol and vocabulary that you folks in the WDS clown car use is disingenuous. And a lie.

Find anything compared to DocBarristers recent Trump tirades. Or the descriptors used by seacoaster/kismet and ardilla et al.
Bart

Post by Bart »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:56 am
jhu72 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:42 am
6ftstick wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:40 am
Dr Trumps snake oil?

why would this study of 1000 carry more weight than a study of 35 patients in CHINA
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/0 ... n-regimen/

French Study of 1,000+ Patients Including Seniors See 98% Success Rate with Hydroxychloroquine-Azithromycin Regimen

So in reality you'd prefer people die than for Trump to have been correct.
Because the Gateway Pudidiot is reporting it. :lol:
Dr. Didier Raoult

among the most influential researchers in his field and his publications are among the 1% most consulted in academic journals. He is one of the 99 most cited microbiologists in the world

His laboratory employs more than 200 people, including 86 researchers who publish between 250 and 350 papers per year and have produced more than 50 patents

Another clown you can insult freely from your basement desktop. Like "Little Debbie Birx"
Curious where you got this information? Thanks.
Bart

Post by Bart »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:09 pm
who was it used on?

yes to all.
Then I would think it would show efficacy early on in the proceedings. Not so much as time goes on. I have not been able to find if the French Dr was using zinc.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Bart wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:13 pm
who was it used on?

yes to all.
Then I would think it would show efficacy early on in the proceedings. Not so much as time goes on. I have not been able to find if the French Dr was using zinc.
https://www.bbva.com/en/hydroxychloroqu ... virus/amp/
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Bart wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:11 pm
6ftstick wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:56 am
jhu72 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:42 am
6ftstick wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:40 am
Dr Trumps snake oil?

why would this study of 1000 carry more weight than a study of 35 patients in CHINA
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/0 ... n-regimen/

French Study of 1,000+ Patients Including Seniors See 98% Success Rate with Hydroxychloroquine-Azithromycin Regimen

So in reality you'd prefer people die than for Trump to have been correct.
Because the Gateway Pudidiot is reporting it. :lol:
Dr. Didier Raoult

among the most influential researchers in his field and his publications are among the 1% most consulted in academic journals. He is one of the 99 most cited microbiologists in the world—Thomson Reuters source "Highly Cited Researchers List"

His laboratory employs more than 200 people, including 86 researchers who publish between 250 and 350 papers per year and have produced more than 50 patents—https://www.thethirdwayofevolution.com/ ... ier-raoultWIKILEAKS

http://expertscape.com/ex/infectious+diseases——D Raoult is the top-rated expert in Communicable Diseases in the world.

https://thedonald.win/p/FMEs4VHM/this-i ... his-chl/c/

Another clown you can insult freely from your basement desktop. Like "Little Debbie Birx"
Curious where you got this information? Thanks.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:09 pm
Oh no, of course not.

Amazing, right?

But to suggest some kind of equivalency to the hyperbolic vitriol and vocabulary that you folks in the WDS clown car use is disingenuous. And a lie.

Find anything compared to DocBarristers recent Trump tirades. Or the descriptors used by seacoaster/kismet and ardilla et al.
+1
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Bart wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:13 pm
who was it used on?

yes to all.
my edit from above:
edit --- that's the idea, i am not (100%) clear on details (you) mentioned. evidently hcl raises ph level which can disrupt the virus from entering cells and also can raise zinc level on its own, zinc helping to block replication. i have read multiple times, referenced, chloroquine being an aid for zinc getting into cells, production of it.
i'm also fairly sure it's not the only anti-viral candidate that has the chance to do this. (fairly sure is wrong -- should say guess).

at the very least, i've been lazy about it -- i should have looked into popping zinc supplements already. it's on the list.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

who was it used on?

This is exactly the problem - peer review. All of this is unreviewed. Press releases trying to drum up excitement, name recognition or dollars or both for the research. We have seen this before - remember AIDS? The onus is on those claiming positive results, not those claiming they have seen what is expected - Chloroquine has anti-inflammatory properties that might make patients "feel better". "Feel better" has no scientific meaning. I am certain if the issue was to provide an anti-inflammatory action, we could find a better solutions than Chloroquine in this case.

The peer reviewed literature will in the end decide - not clowns like the Gateway Pudidiot.

PS - this is not really about ZPAK or even zinc.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:53 pm
who was it used on?

This is exactly the problem - peer review. All of this is unreviewed. Press releases trying to drum up excitement, name recognition or dollars or both for the research. We have seen this before - remember AIDS? The onus is on those claiming positive results, not those claiming they have seen what is expected - Chloroquine has anti-inflammatory properties that might make patients "feel better". "Feel better" has no scientific meaning. I am certain if the issue was to provide an anti-inflammatory action, we could find a better solutions than Chloroquine in this case.

The peer reviewed literature will in the end decide - not clowns like the Gateway Pudidiot.

What a clown.

The Gateway Pundit just happened to be the Media source I posted.

Dr. Raoult—one of the most prominent researchers in the world is responsible for THE STUDY and the results.

Like I said just another quack you can insult like Little Debby Birx.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:09 pm
Oh no, of course not.

Amazing, right?

… of course there is no equivalency :lol: :lol: :lol:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:57 pm
who was it used on?

What a clown.

Dr. Raoult—one of the most prominent researchers in the world is responsible for THE STUDY and the results.

Find a better source and you might be taken more seriously.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

That hopeless dingbat Whitmer is causing a revolution in Michigan.

https://www.wilx.com/content/news/Opera ... 59601.html

Come get yer hero, libs. The revolution is about to happen. Won't end well.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:05 pm
6ftstick wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:57 pm
who was it used on?

What a clown.

Find a better source and you might be taken more seriously.
The SOURCE IS DR RAOULT

comprehension is a terrible thing to waste
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:05 pm That hopeless dingbat Whitmer is causing a revolution in Michigan.

https://www.wilx.com/content/news/Opera ... 59601.html

Come get yer hero, libs. The revolution is about to happen. Won't end well.
I want you to have your freedom—says the governor

Return to “POLITICS”