2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: 2020 Elections - CoronaPause

Post by a fan »

Provide some links? No problemo!

Pertinent link

another pertinent link

yet another pertinent link

Let me know if you need more....
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:07 pm Provide some links? No problemo!

Pertinent link

another pertinent link

Like I said, can't debate a bully. What a waste of a philo degree....

So, that is a YES, social distortion IS the reason why.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Not to disrupt that convo, but I'm interested to hear who the resident Dems here think Biden will nominate to be his #2, and why.

The conventional wisdom is either Kamala Harris or Stacey Abrams. The thinking on Harris is she's a competent woman who can appear less woke than the extreme left would like, making her even less woke. The thinking on Abrams is she can carry Georgia and is the ideal fit of a woke lefty. I will not tell you why either would be a disaster. MY thinking is the only woman who will keep the internal Dem fisticuffs down is Amy Klobuchar.

I'd love to hear ideas and thoughts here.

Remember, Joe said no men need apply, so no men's names will be accepted other than in memoriam.

Let's hear it!!
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:12 pm

Pertinent link

another pertinent link

What's that you say? Bringing up things that has nothing to do with the conversation at hand is annoying and pointless?

You hear that fellow posters? Runrussellrun doesn't like it when you bring up a bunch of unrelated nonsense that has nothing to with what we're talking about.

Runrussellrun, of course, would never do that, right?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:29 pm

Pertinent link

another pertinent link

What's that you say? Bringing up things that has nothing to do with the conversation at hand is annoying and pointless?

You hear that fellow posters? Runrussellrun doesn't like it when you bring up a bunch of unrelated nonsense that has nothing to with what we're talking about.

I have a tough time trying to figure out what triple is is talking about from moment to moment. I am interested when those moments i can interpret his thoughts roll around.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
a fan

Post by a fan »

RRR is great when he sticks to the topic, and uses English.

He pulled it together for a few months....and now he's back to fattylax where no one can understand what the heck he's saying.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:34 pm RRR is great when he sticks to the topic, and uses English.

He pulled it together for a few months....and now he's back to fattylax where no one can understand what the heck he's saying.
:D good at least it is not just me.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
njbill

Post by njbill »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:12 pm Not to disrupt that convo, but I'm interested to hear who the resident Dems here think Biden will nominate to be his #2, and why.

The conventional wisdom is either Kamala Harris or Stacey Abrams. The thinking on Harris is she's a competent woman who can appear less woke than the extreme left would like, making her even less woke. The thinking on Abrams is she can carry Georgia and is the ideal fit of a woke lefty. I will not tell you why either would be a disaster. MY thinking is the only woman who will keep the internal Dem fisticuffs down is Amy Klobuchar.

Remember, Joe said no men need apply, so no men's names will be accepted other than in memoriam.

Let's hear it!!
My vote is for Abrams. Not a Harris fan. I understand Abrams may be too liberal for disaffected Republicans or maybe even some conservative Democrats, but as I have said many times, she will help with the black vote in Philadelphia, Detroit, and Milwaukee. The black vote will be critical to the Dems winning PA, Michigan, and Wisconsin. I think she could also put North Carolina and Georgia in play. Not sure how well she would play in Arizona, though.

Why do you think Abrams would be a disaster? Are you saying some people would not vote for Biden if Abrams were the VP candidate, but would vote for him if it were someone else? I’m not sure about that.

I was talking to my 27-year-old daughter yesterday. She was an avid Warren supporter and is considerably more liberal than I am. She thinks Abrams will help to energize the young vote.

I actually like Amy a lot and am quite curious as to whether she could help carry Wisconsin. She lacks pizzazz, however, which might be a strike against her. Not sure what you mean about “fisticuffs.”

Reports are that Joe wants to pick someone with whom he is very comfortable, personally. There has also been talk about Whitmer from Michigan. I wonder, though, whether she would be willing to leave her state, which is one of those in crisis, to go on the campaign trail for six months.

It is an important decision for Joe, no doubt. He can’t screw this up. No Sarah Palins or Dan Quayles, please.

One thing you can bet on. In addition to the vetting, there is lots and lots of internal polling going on.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:33 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:29 pm

Pertinent link

another pertinent link

I have a tough time trying to figure out what triple is is talking about from moment to moment. I am interested when those moments i can interpret his thoughts roll around.
Don't fall for it, cradle. AFAN is pulling a porkypig (al rove), attack the messenger, NOT the message. He is full on nonsense, and he knows it. Classic deflection tactics. (look a few pages back about his rants about blue/red, who pays taxes, etc. ..of course he will claim it's topical :roll: , b/c he is a bully. )

It's Afan' s choice to not look beyond the narrative, and refuses to answer a very simple question. Moves the net, so to speak. I will, attempt, again.

With a 100% certainty, AFAN can claim that social distancing, and SOLE reason, hence the 100% claim, is why the predictions aren't being met?

YES 100%

NO- some other number

And than.....there's that LA link/story, that will remain ignored.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:39 pm With a 100% certainty, AFAN can claim that social distancing, and SOLE reason, hence the 100% claim, is why the predictions aren't being met?
If you keep actually using English, and don't bring up a bunch of nonsense in your responses that no one understands, I'm delighted to answer your question.

The predictions aren't being met for dozens of reasons, both seen and unseen.

-"the predictions" including every available prediction from dozens of sources, so no one knows which prediction you're talking about
-data is bad. Both for testing, and for deaths. It's impossible to know what the numbers are when hospitals are overwhelmed, and testing is scarce
-each State, and in many cases cities, is handling social distancing shutdowns differently
-doctors are getting better at figuring our treatment regimens with each passing day

But I already answered your question with simple science and logic. If you don't come into contact with another human with the virus, you won't get it. Simple.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

njbill wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:36 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:12 pm Not to disrupt that convo, but I'm interested to hear who the resident Dems here think Biden will nominate to be his #2, and why.

Let's hear it!!
My vote is for Abrams. Not a Harris fan. I understand Abrams may be too liberal for disaffected Republicans or maybe even some conservative Democrats, but as I have said many times, she will help with the black vote in Philadelphia, Detroit, and Milwaukee. The black vote will be critical to the Dems winning PA, Michigan, and Wisconsin. I think she could also put North Carolina and Georgia in play. Not sure how well she would play in Arizona, though.

Why do you think Abrams would be a disaster? Are you saying some people would not vote for Biden if Abrams were the VP candidate, but would vote for him if it were someone else? I’m not sure about that.

I was talking to my 27-year-old daughter yesterday. She was an avid Warren supporter and is considerably more liberal than I am. She thinks Abrams will help to energize the young vote.

I actually like Amy a lot and am quite curious as to whether she could help carry Wisconsin. She lacks pizzazz, however, which might be a strike against her. Not sure what you mean about “fisticuffs.”

Reports are that Joe wants to pick someone with whom he is very comfortable, personally. There has also been talk about Whitmer from Michigan. I wonder, though, whether she would be willing to leave her state, which is one of those in crisis, to go on the campaign trail for six months.

It is an important decision for Joe, no doubt. He can’t screw this up. No Sarah Palins or Dan Quayles, please.

One thing you can bet on. In addition to the vetting, there is lots and lots of internal polling going on.

Thanks.

I always forget about Warren, who clearly will get some consideration. But my guess is Joe will feel pressure to take a POC as his running mate.

What I mean by fisticuffs is the left and traditional wings of the party are fighting over this choice already. This choice will in all likelihood become POTUS...no way Joe finishes 4 years, no possible way. His #2 is your presumptive POTUS.

And I agree; no Sarah Palins or Quayles, only traditional R's could screw up like that.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

rinse, repeat.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Biden doesn't really want the job.
It's like football. You either want to play or not. Once you even start talking/considering retirement, you're worthless.
Joe didnt want to get in the race. He won't want to stay if he has to discuss Tara Reade, those other 7 women, Hunter, or actually do any work.
The VP is the Dems' real nominee.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:50 pm Biden doesn't really want the job.
It's like football. You either want to play or not. Once you even start talking/considering retirement, you're worthless.
Joe didnt want to get in the race. He won't want to stay if he has to discuss Tara Reade, those other 7 women, Hunter, or actually do any work.
The VP is the Dems' real nominee.

Not according to MDLaxfan! :lol:

Yes, there is zero chance Joe survives 4 years. Let me underline that: zero.

Whoever he chooses is your real POTUS. As such, this is the diciest choice ever. I'd have been quite content with Corey Booker. But no men allowed.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

rinse, repeat.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:46 pm
njbill wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:36 pm

Let's hear it!!

Thanks.

I always forget about Warren, who clearly will get some consideration. I wonder if Warren would even want VP. Not sure. But I don’t think he will pick her. She is very smart, but a lot of people don’t like her.But my guess is Joe will feel pressure to take a POC as his running mate. I think you are right.

What I mean by fisticuffs is the left and traditional wings of the party are fighting over this choice already. OK, I see what you mean. I agree. This choice will in all likelihood become POTUS...no way Joe finishes 4 years, no possible way. I think he will finish out his term. Obviously, with anyone that age, you never know. My guess right now is he will not run for a second term, but he won’t decide that for two or three years.His #2 is your presumptive POTUS.

And I agree; no Sarah Palins or Quayles, only traditional R's could screw up like that.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

njbill wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:36 pm Why do you think Abrams would be a disaster? Are you saying some people would not vote for Biden if Abrams were the VP candidate, but would vote for him if it were someone else? I’m not sure about that.
I'm very close to being in this category. IMO anyone who has not either had executive experience at the state level, or legislative experience at the national level, is a terrible choice.

And, to me, an overweight woman, especially an overweight woman of color, activates all sorts of sexist and racist memes that are going to repel people who don't even know why they're being repelled.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

CU77 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:32 pm
njbill wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:36 pm Why do you think Abrams would be a disaster? Are you saying some people would not vote for Biden if Abrams were the VP candidate, but would vote for him if it were someone else? I’m not sure about that.
I'm very close to being in this category. IMO anyone who has not either had executive experience at the state level, or legislative experience at the national level, is a terrible choice.

And, to me, an overweight woman, especially an overweight woman of color, activates all sorts of sexist and racist memes that are going to repel people who don't even know why they're being repelled.
You might be right. Ain’t nothing funnier than an overweight black woman. TV sitcoms has been full of them.

“I wish you would!”
njbill

Post by njbill »

CU77 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:32 pm
You mean like Trump?

Look, I understand a Biden/Abrams ticket might lose some conservative voters. The question is how many would it gain from black and young voters. Don’t know the answer. And as I’ve said 1 million times, nothing matters in close to 40 of the states. Everything matters in the 10 or so swing states.

All candidates have strengths and weaknesses among the voters. That is true of Biden. That is true of the person he chooses to be his vice presidential nominee. That’s politics.

For what it’s worth, Abrams lack of experience in those categories doesn’t concern me at all. The vice president isn’t an executive. Biden, himself, has a wealth of experience in dealing with the Senate, which is the only house of Congress he may need to be concerned with.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

That said, of course having someone who has the experience and temperament to step into the role should be a key consideration for any VP pick.

Of course, no one has perfect qualifications.

On the other hand, we do sometimes see eminently unqualified people get to the last stage.

Return to “POLITICS”