All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

wgdsr

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by wgdsr »

please send me a p.m. (or public on forum if prefer) of an attack i made and your recommendation for what should have or should not been said.
thanks..
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

wgdsr wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:35 am "some of you".
yeah, no way you would.
just who the f**k do you think you are to label like that?

YOU ARE A COWARD.

edit: f**k was changed in auto editing so the stars were put in there instead.

editx2: as far as dishing out, you have been the provocateur in about every instance of dealing with me. escalating. your poor me bullsh*t falls on deaf ears.
wgdsr, posts like this. Profanity, personal attack, etc. This is not OK. Tone it down...
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

ok, so if someone calls me and others a racist, my reaction should be what?
should be contact you? seriously asking.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

wgdsr wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:03 pm ok, so if someone calls me and others a racist, my reaction should be what?
should be contact you? seriously asking.
Yes. They run a privately owned forum, so contact them for any and all complaints you have (they won't find out otherwise). They may or may not respond in your favor. We saw a lot more moderation on LaxPower for better and worse.

If someone attacks you personally without any evidence, that looks like a rule that is enforced here. And enforced on both sides of the aisle.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

wgdsr wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:03 pmok, so if someone calls me and others a racist, my reaction should be what? should be contact you? seriously asking.
Yes.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:31 pm Anyone curious why Democrats seem so content to be told what to do and to not get back to work? Ever hear a Democrat here express concern for the waitress or ticket-taker who already missed April’s rent?

Reading this board, it’s clear some here want to hide inside their house for two years. No concern for anyone other than some nebulous concern for the health of people they don’t give two whits about. I’d bet, by the end of this, if we did what Dems here wanted, there’d be 100x the number of suicides versus those who would die from Covid. How does one weigh that? Or do you simply ignore it?

Zero nuance. Zero ability to think more broadly than TDS. Zero concern for actual humans suffering from loss of income. Mostly this is because you guys don’t know anyone who is on the financial edge. I field at least 2 calls a day from employees who are asking if I can help their ‘brother’ who got laid off.

Anyway, we are gonna go back to work May 1-15, regardless of Dems screaming about Covid.
But this kind of unadulterated bullschidt is okay.
Got it.
old salt

Post by old salt »

jhu93 wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:31 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:31 pm Anyone curious why Democrats seem so content to be told what to do and to not get back to work? Ever hear a Democrat here express concern for the waitress or ticket-taker who already missed April’s rent?

Reading this board, it’s clear some here want to hide inside their house for two years. No concern for anyone other than some nebulous concern for the health of people they don’t give two whits about. I’d bet, by the end of this, if we did what Dems here wanted, there’d be 100x the number of suicides versus those who would die from Covid. How does one weigh that? Or do you simply ignore it?

Zero nuance. Zero ability to think more broadly than TDS. Zero concern for actual humans suffering from loss of income. Mostly this is because you guys don’t know anyone who is on the financial edge. I field at least 2 calls a day from employees who are asking if I can help their ‘brother’ who got laid off.

Anyway, we are gonna go back to work May 1-15, regardless of Dems screaming about Covid.
It does seem like some on this board are really enjoying this, they almost seem to be full of glee when they talk about how long they believe that the current restrictions will need to last. That is after they let everyone else know how well they are still doing, as if anyone needs to know or cares to know about their peronal professional and financial situations.
I'm a senior in the high risk group & am reconciled that I will have to isolate & social distance until a vaccine is available.
I'm grateful to be able to do it. I don't expect those not at high risk to stay locked down as long as I am.
I need them to keep the economy going & make groceries safely available (btw -- Sam's Club concierge shopping no contact curbside pickup service works great. Pizza wars are now competing for the most ingenious no contact parking lot pickup. Staff are treating we seniors great).
I just want the dog park to reopen. Plenty of room to social distance.
I predict that things will loosen up as soon as it can be done without overwhelming hospitals.
The testing & PPE shortfall will continue to be reduced. It looks like there will be sufficient vents if they're shifted to hot spots.
That's the way I see things developing.
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

im curious- what are pizza places doing?

im at the in-laws in the country. local thai place has you pay over the phone, drive around back, and your food is bagged in a large plastic tub, with your name on it.
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Seems that way to me too, Salty. Transparency will be the key and we’re not there yet.
In Miami, lawyers call lawyers and things like which nursing homes have cases stay hidden.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/corona ... 42211.html
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

a fan wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:36 pm
jhu93 wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:31 pm It does seem like some on this board are really enjoying this, they almost seem to be full of glee when they talk about how long they believe that the current restrictions will need to last.
Nope. No one is happy about any of this. And it's certainly not like we're the only country in the world doing this, so it's not like America is making this stuff up all by themselves.

Check in on May 1st. The government restrictions will be gone, and folks will no longer be able to blame the government for the shutdown. Heck, Texas is talking about letting folks go any day now.

Then folks will understand---immediately---the the government has NOTHING to do with why folks aren't going to restaurants, clubs, bars, theaters, sporting events, subways, buses, offices, airplanes...
Aside from the virus itself, the quarantine is what the US needed.

I’m really hoping it changes how a lot of things happen in the United States.

People as a whole here work too hard and are pushed to raise tax revenue for the gov. US citizens need to take a cue from Europe and slow down and take a moment for themselves, their families, and look out for others.

Two huge takeaways- Hoping that on the other side of this there is much less of a need to be in the office 40+ hrs a week and less of a push for kids to spend for overpriced brick and mortar university costs.

A good read despite the veering off to political bs at the end:

https://forge.medium.com/prepare-for-th ... 8ce3f0a0e0
What happened is inexplicably incredible. It’s the greatest gift ever unwrapped. Not the deaths, not the virus, but The Great Pause. It is, in a word, profound. Please don’t recoil from the bright light beaming through the window. I know it hurts your eyes. It hurts mine, too. But the curtain is wide open. What the crisis has given us is a once-in-a-lifetime chance to see ourselves and our country in the plainest of views. At no other time, ever in our lives, have we gotten the opportunity to see what would happen if the world simply stopped. Here it is. We’re in it. Stores are closed. Restaurants are empty. Streets and six-lane highways are barren. Even the planet itself is rattling less (true story). And because it is rarer than rare, it has brought to light all of the beautiful and painful truths of how we live. And that feels weird. Really weird. Because it has… never… happened… before. If we want to create a better country and a better world for our kids, and if we want to make sure we are even sustainable as a nation and as a democracy, we have to pay attention to how we feel right now. I cannot speak for you, but I imagine you feel like I do: devastated, depressed, and heartbroken.

And so the onslaught is coming. Get ready, my friends. What is about to be unleashed on American society will be the greatest campaign ever created to get you to feel normal again. It will come from brands, it will come from government, it will even come from each other, and it will come from the left and from the right. We will do anything, spend anything, believe anything, just so we can take away how horribly uncomfortable all of this feels.
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

Love to see this country slow down.
Hope everyone is safe.
Happy Easter to all!
I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

wgdsr wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:00 pm
seacoaster wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:39 pm Spring Mistake:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/11/us/f ... e=Homepage
certainly anecdotal tales can inform and help us understand what decisions and their impact is. and hopefully help us going forward. everywhere.

is that why you posted it?
Yes. I posted it in part to suggest that maintenance of the stay at home and distancing directives is almost certainly necessary as a public health matter. And, reading it, the article also makes clear that a good number of folks assume things are safe until the government indicates otherwise. Many, many people in government and public health were not asleep at the switch. This (below) article makes that clear:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/11/us/p ... e=Homepage

But the bully pulpit was campaigning.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

jhu72 wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:40 pm Good news. Looks like we finally have a strong signal of the daily death rate curve turning a top. This is made up of the last 5 data points. This could change over the next few days, but this is easily the strongest signature we have seen for such an event. See the curves below. The dashed curve is the relevant curve (daily deaths). The curve is a polynomial fit with no manual input to its shaping. The data points totally determine the 6th order fit. It indicates a top of almost exactly 2000 deaths per day.

(ATTN ADMIN - can't attach the 97KB file showing the curves. Get error - "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached")
.....in the past...what flattened the curve? Social Distortion? nope.... but THIS time, we are OH so sure.....You sure? prove it.

carry on
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Is the poll just people that have tested positive to the V-19 ? Developed "some" symptoms ? Or passed ?
tech37

Post by tech37 »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:39 am im curious- what are pizza places doing?

im at the in-laws in the country. local thai place has you pay over the phone, drive around back, and your food is bagged in a large plastic tub, with your name on it.
Thai food in the country? COTB, are you sure you're in the country? Or did you mean you're actually living in Thailand? :D
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Trinity wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:42 am Seems that way to me too, Salty. Transparency will be the key and we’re not there yet.
In Miami, lawyers call lawyers and things like which nursing homes have cases stay hidden.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/corona ... 42211.html
It's like we'll need to open up just v-19 courts, like the losers in Virginia have for the private Toll roads, paid for with public money & workers.

People are dying in nursing homes :o Who knew.

maybe their is a PILL for not dying, with the thousands of side effects bantered on about a drug we have no idea what it's for. "ask your Doc" :roll: This I see one on CBS this morning. Or, is it those nasty , horrible global change of warming AUTO ads on TV that the retired watch ?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:42 am
a fan wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:36 pm
jhu93 wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:31 pm It does seem like some on this board are really enjoying this, they almost seem to be full of glee when they talk about how long they believe that the current restrictions will need to last.
Nope. No one is happy about any of this. And it's certainly not like we're the only country in the world doing this, so it's not like America is making this stuff up all by themselves. There it is, the vague, "everyone else is doing it" argument that just ends there. So what. You have absolute proof that social distortion IS the reason why the USA isn't even a third of the way to the annual deaths related to alcohol ? Or, does a runner , say in a 20 knots wind.....breathing.....does their breath travel along with that wind, say.....50...60 yards away ?

Check in on May 1st. The government restrictions will be gone, and folks will no longer be able to blame the government for the shutdown. Heck, Texas is talking about letting folks go any day now.

Then folks will understand---immediately---the the government has NOTHING to do with why folks aren't going to restaurants, clubs, bars, theaters, sporting events, subways, buses, offices, airplanes...
Aside from the virus itself, the quarantine is what the US needed.

I’m really hoping it changes how a lot of things happen in the United States.

People as a whole here work too hard and are pushed to raise tax revenue for the gov. US citizens need to take a cue from Europe and slow down and take a moment for themselves, their families, and look out for others.

Two huge takeaways- Hoping that on the other side of this there is much less of a need to be in the office 40+ hrs a week and less of a push for kids to spend for overpriced brick and mortar university costs.

A good read despite the veering off to political bs at the end:

https://forge.medium.com/prepare-for-th ... 8ce3f0a0e0
What happened is inexplicably incredible. It’s the greatest gift ever unwrapped. Not the deaths, not the virus, but The Great Pause. It is, in a word, profound. Please don’t recoil from the bright light beaming through the window. I know it hurts your eyes. It hurts mine, too. But the curtain is wide open. What the crisis has given us is a once-in-a-lifetime chance to see ourselves and our country in the plainest of views. At no other time, ever in our lives, have we gotten the opportunity to see what would happen if the world simply stopped. Here it is. We’re in it. Stores are closed. Restaurants are empty. Streets and six-lane highways are barren. Even the planet itself is rattling less (true story). And because it is rarer than rare, it has brought to light all of the beautiful and painful truths of how we live. And that feels weird. Really weird. Because it has… never… happened… before. If we want to create a better country and a better world for our kids, and if we want to make sure we are even sustainable as a nation and as a democracy, we have to pay attention to how we feel right now. I cannot speak for you, but I imagine you feel like I do: devastated, depressed, and heartbroken.

And so the onslaught is coming. Get ready, my friends. What is about to be unleashed on American society will be the greatest campaign ever created to get you to feel normal again. It will come from brands, it will come from government, it will even come from each other, and it will come from the left and from the right. We will do anything, spend anything, believe anything, just so we can take away how horribly uncomfortable all of this feels.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Can someone please answer the following question:

"What "group" or organization made the call on Social distancing? Is social distortion (distancing) a new protocol ? Was it part of matnum's 69 page recommendation ? Social D?

Just find articles/research vagueness interesting.....especially the parts bolded. HUH.......this is from September, 2019, six months ago.....oopsie

https://apps.who.int/gpmb/assets/themat ... s/tr-6.pdf

Pg. 13
• WHO and national authorities will need to provide strong evidenced-backed
reasoning for the necessity of NPIs* in order to effectively implement them and to
communicate their role and necessity to the public, especially for NPIs such as
social distancing that inherently limit civil liberties. Therefore, they should undertake directly or support research on NPIs and disseminate their findings on these
analyses.

*Nonpharmaceutical interventions (NPIs) (social distancing ? )

This statement....... " WILL NEED to provide EVIDENCE. "

Has it been provided yet? the evidence that NPI's are "working" . AFAN.....you've seen the studies, the reports? Not opinions on amazingons Wash Post, which is .....but actual people that get our NIH/DoD/ tax dollars to $tudy these things.....

into the abyss of no replies we go........
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

thatsmell wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:08 am Love to see this country slow down.
Hope everyone is safe.
Happy Easter to all!
Amen!
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

Return to “POLITICS”