All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

runrussellrun

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by runrussellrun »

Brooklyn wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:47 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:27 pm
Nurses.......female.........got it. :roll:

Brilliant analysis!
I was once a nurse. I have a penis. Testicles.......still lost one U

Joe Walsh.....one of his best songs. Lyrics very fitting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tiOMu_Bf8Q

Pow, right between the eyes
Oh how nature loves her little surprises
Wow, it all seems so logical now
It's just one of her better disguises
And it comes with no warning, nature loves her little surprises
Continual crisis
Hey, don't you know it's a waste of your day
Caught up in endless solutions
That have no meaning
Just another hunch, based upon jumping conclusions
Backed up against a wall of confusion
Caught up in endless solutions
Living a life of illusion
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:26 pm Sure seems like SOMEBODY is picking winners and losers. smells like FREEDOM to me.
You may very well be on to something. Maybe Mike Rowe will also chime in on that topic.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

DMac wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:08 pm
6x6 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:20 pm
DMac wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:55 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:36 pm
DMac wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:57 pm Ummm, did you forget about this friend??????
of course, it does explain quite a lot.
Suppose it'll take quite some time for that stigma to die, but whatever.
Meanwhile, alcohol use is just fine and acceptable...even promoted and encouraged.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-al ... 2020-04-01
A friend in PA was upset the gov closed down the liquor stores. I joked about the irony that New Yorkers have to drive to PA to get firecrackers but Pennsylvanians now have to drive to NYS to get booze.
Wow, didn't realize PA had closed the liquor stores. Yes sir, there will be a whole lot more PA plates in NY for awhile.
That explains whty they are all over MD.
Ran to the Pharmacy yesterday. Mostly PA plates out and about here in MD.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Yep. WVa liquor stores in adjacent counties actually refused to sell to anyone with a PA Driver's license.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

That's insane. Guess they got all that bright future coal money coming in and don't need the dues...
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:26 pm Says the guy whose business-sales has increased.....yes?
You're not serious, are you?

No. Our off-site sales have plummeted. Don't know if you noticed, but restaurants and bars are closed. And there's a chance that many of our out of State Wholesalers will go belly up, and never pay us for the spirits they bought. Why? Because every restaurant in America became insolvent instantaneously....leaving billions in unpaid bills that have yet to cascade through the system.

To top it off, we'll lose mid six figures from our tasting room being closed by the time this is over this year.

And I don't understand a word of the rest of your post.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:22 pm That's insane. Guess they got all that bright future coal money coming in and don't need the dues...
That's not it. They're indie stores, and the owners don't want PA residents bringing the virus with them in already jam-packed liquor stores.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Some view that PA is materially riskier, say between Pittsburg and I81 (say Harrisburg to Chambersburg border area)?
DMac

Post by DMac »

a fan wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:19 pm Yep. WVa liquor stores in adjacent counties actually refused to sell to anyone with a PA Driver's license.
Wow, how crazy is that??
Couple a them West, by God, Virginia boys gonna be buyin' the outta staters liquor for an extra $10 (no credit cards) a bottle.
Is this going on with beer too? Used to be you had to go to Pa to get Yuengling, now they gotta come here?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:19 pm Yep. WVa liquor stores in adjacent counties actually refused to sell to anyone with a PA Driver's license.
What's that now......liberty, pursuit of happiness....life.

AFAN......take this. Please, please read this. It's important. Pass the link along to all your facesbook friends. (the old LP mods would delete this post .....don't fit the narrative. )

This is the report that most are referring too:

http://www.healthdata.org/research-arti ... and-deaths

CONCLUSIONS AND RELEVANCE
In addition to a large number of deaths from COVID-19, the epidemic in the US will place a load well beyond the current capacity of hospitals to manage, especially for ICU care. These estimates can help inform the development and implementation of strategies to mitigate this gap, including reducing non-COVID-19 demand for services and temporarily increasing system capacity. These are urgently needed given that peak volumes are estimated to be only three weeks away. The estimated excess demand on hospital systems is predicated on the enactment of social distancing measures in all states that have not done so already within the next week and maintenance of these measures throughout the epidemic, emphasizing the importance of implementing, enforcing, and maintaining these measures to mitigate hospital system overload and prevent deaths.

Did you notice the date? To go back, forward, the PREDICKTIONS to piss on our civil writes....just above.

We estimate that there will be a total of 81,114 deaths (95% UI 38,242 to 162,106) from COVID-19 over the next 4 months in the US. Deaths from COVID-19 are estimated to drop below 10 deaths per day between May 31 and June 6.

Not really sure what YOUR point is, but I know mine.

My 4 sides to every story lead me to find this very quickly. The IHME report/projections. Dated March 26, "updated" what does that mean? Can't find the original projections on it's website. Seem credible to you?

Regardless.......even a week later, they dropped the predicktion another 20K :roll:

I am sorry......who made the call to shut everything down? Interstate commerce....you really believe the west virgina liquor stories? Should I load up the truck and boat with booze......bring it to PA? would THAT be illegal?
Last edited by runrussellrun on Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:26 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:26 pm Says the guy whose business-sales has increased.....yes?
You're not serious, are you? I usually, often, put the pretext: "I am being serious"...when I am being serious.
No. Our off-site sales have plummeted. Don't know if you noticed, but restaurants and bars are closed. And there's a chance that many of our out of State Wholesalers will go belly up, and never pay us for the spirits they bought. Why? Because every restaurant in America became insolvent instantaneously....leaving billions in unpaid bills that have yet to cascade through the system.

To top it off, we'll lose mid six figures from our tasting room being closed by the time this is over this year.

And I don't understand a word of the rest of your post. oh...yes you do. Listen to Joe's lyrics, to further aid along.

ummmm.....you posted them to read....
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:36 pm Regardless.......even a week later, they dropped the predicktion another 20K :roll:

I am sorry......who made the call to shut everything down? Interstate commerce....you really believe the west virgina liquor stories? Should I load up the truck and boat with booze......bring it to PA? would THAT be illegal?
So your'e shocked that the shutting down the entire country, and social distancing methods are working....and lowering the bad outcomes, causing health officials to reduce their bad forecasts.....

....and "therefore", you think we shouldn't have shut down the entire country, and employed social distancing?

Are you serious with this stuff?
a fan

Post by a fan »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:30 pm Some view that PA is materially riskier, say between Pittsburg and I81 (say Harrisburg to Chambersburg border area)?
I don't know a thing about PA geography. It was posted on a well known beer writer's FB wall...he lives in PA, and HATES the corrupt PA liquor system.

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2020/04/o ... nians.html
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:42 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:36 pm Regardless.......even a week later, they dropped the predicktion another 20K :roll:

So your'e shocked that the shutting down the entire country, and social distancing methods are working....and lowering the bad outcomes, causing health officials to reduce their bad forecasts.....

....and "therefore", you think we shouldn't have shut down the entire country, and employed social distancing?

Are you serious with this stuff?
Ask him to go down to a shelter and glad hand the residents the next few nights.
“I wish you would!”
6x6

Post by 6x6 »

DMac wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:35 pm
Wow, how crazy is that??
Couple a them West, by God, Virginia boys gonna be buyin' the outta staters liquor for an extra $10 (no credit cards) a bottle.
Is this going on with beer too? Used to be you had to go to Pa to get Yuengling, now they gotta come here?
I have time on my hands maybe I should start a little side business. Load up the F150 with a selection from NY stores and find a nice spot down around the NY/PA state line south of Corning. Of course with this being a capitalistic economy where supply and demand drives prices, there might be a slight surcharge added to the sticker price. Just to cover my overhead of course. :lol:
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

holmes435 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:57 pm Coronavirus: China declares dogs are companions and should not be eaten, signalling possible end to brutal meat trade

"Agriculture ministry cites ‘progress of human civilisation and public concern’"

Sadly it took a pandemic for them to change. Culturally we'll have to see how fast things change over there. Sometimes it's quick like with Yao and shark fin soup, other times it's slower than molasses.
china will never change. they have a 100 year plan, and a virus will not change that.
their commodity is people. i would not bet against them.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

a fan wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:43 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:30 pm Some view that PA is materially riskier, say between Pittsburg and I81 (say Harrisburg to Chambersburg border area)?
I don't know a thing about PA geography. It was posted on a well known beer writer's FB wall...he lives in PA, and HATES the corrupt PA liquor system.

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2020/04/o ... nians.html
No worries, the state is pretty wide east to west and like NY or parts of NW CT I figure the risk is much greater near the coast where Philly runs up against dirty Jersey and it's only what, 70 or so mi from NYC to PA through 78 or 80 the Jerz.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

6x6 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:51 pm
Wow, how crazy is that??
I have time on my hands maybe I should start a little side business. Load up the F150 with a selection from NY stores and find a nice spot down around the NY/PA state line south of Corning. Of course with this being a capitalistic economy where supply and demand drives prices, there might be a slight surcharge added to the sticker price. Just to cover my overhead of course. :lol:
Word on the side hustle, I'm going to be back up on the NY/PA border in a few weeks and maybe I should also get into this side hustle. The flip side of challenges are opportunities.

And my surcharge is going to make Ticketmaster blush! People need their schwill more than they need to see another Rolling Stones concert.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:51 pm
holmes435 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:57 pm Coronavirus: China declares dogs are companions and should not be eaten, signalling possible end to brutal meat trade

"Agriculture ministry cites ‘progress of human civilisation and public concern’"

Sadly it took a pandemic for them to change. Culturally we'll have to see how fast things change over there. Sometimes it's quick like with Yao and shark fin soup, other times it's slower than molasses.
china will never change. they have a 100 year plan, and a virus will not change that.
their commodity is people. i would not bet against them.
Did you see the documentary American Factory? You should watch it when you have a chance. I am telling you the Chinese are extreme capitalist.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

6x6 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:51 pm
Wow, how crazy is that??
:lol: You just gave yet another reason as to why States don't shut down liquor stores.....

Return to “POLITICS”