All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

runrussellrun

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by runrussellrun »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:49 am
6ftstick wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:44 am
6ftstick wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:18 am
DocBarrister wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:58 am (CNN)A majority of Americans -- 55% -- now say the federal government has done a poor job preventing the spread of coronavirus in the United States, up eight points in about a week, according to a new CNN poll conducted by SSRS as the nationwide death toll from the virus rose above 12,000.

Eighty percent feel the worst of the outbreak is yet to come, most (55%) feel President Donald Trump could be doing more to fight the outbreak, and 37% say they have grown more concerned about coronavirus in the last few days, far outpacing the 5% who say their fears have eased recently.

... Looking ahead, 60% of Americans say they would feel uncomfortable returning to their regular routines if social distancing guidelines were lifted after April 30.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/08/politics ... index.html

That last part is why Trump cannot simply “restart” the economy by lifting restrictions. The pandemic needs to be brought under firm control before the economy recovers. Restoring consumer confidence will take a long time. I don’t believe this recession will suddenly end in the third quarter. We’re likely to be in recession through the end of the year.

DocBarrister
The first real indicator that we're turning the corner on the pandemic.

Docs starting too bleat about the Recovery and how terrible Trump will handle that
Another clear example is the NY Times claiming coronavirus deaths are being "UNDERREPORTED"

They already know the statistics won't bear out the panic and economic destruction they've caused.
So how many deaths will it take for you to realize this is not a "democrat hoax"??
This is the GO TO question for the PRETENDS. If this "new" (how did Event 201 actually call it V-19 ? truth....stranger than ) virus, with NO vaccine at all,

I say, WHO cares how many die. You don't respect most posters here, what makes you think you would care if they died? You belong to the sicko world (nytimes) that hires jerks that cheer on the death count at a "country " music concert, b/c it takes out the "deplorables" Just preverse. That is what I think of you. The real low dweller.

The egg on your face belies the truth.....it was NEVER a pandemic......the LACK of deaths will prove me write.

How many dead will it take for you to blame.....??????????????? :roll: :roll: :roll:
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:01 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:49 am
6ftstick wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:53 am
jhu72 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:49 am
6ftstick wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:44 am
6ftstick wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:18 am
DocBarrister wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:58 am (CNN)A majority of Americans -- 55% -- now say the federal government has done a poor job preventing the spread of coronavirus in the United States, up eight points in about a week, according to a new CNN poll conducted by SSRS as the nationwide death toll from the virus rose above 12,000.

Eighty percent feel the worst of the outbreak is yet to come, most (55%) feel President Donald Trump could be doing more to fight the outbreak, and 37% say they have grown more concerned about coronavirus in the last few days, far outpacing the 5% who say their fears have eased recently.

... Looking ahead, 60% of Americans say they would feel uncomfortable returning to their regular routines if social distancing guidelines were lifted after April 30.

That last part is why Trump cannot simply “restart” the economy by lifting restrictions. The pandemic needs to be brought under firm control before the economy recovers. Restoring consumer confidence will take a long time. I don’t believe this recession will suddenly end in the third quarter. We’re likely to be in recession through the end of the year.

DocBarrister
The first real indicator that we're turning the corner on the pandemic.

Docs starting too bleat about the Recovery and how terrible Trump will handle that
Another clear example is the NY Times claiming coronavirus deaths are being "UNDERREPORTED"

They already know the statistics won't bear out the panic and economic destruction they've caused.
So how many deaths will it take for you to realize this is not a "democrat hoax"??
One more time. Maybe watch my lips this time.

The virus was real. The democrat/MSM hyperbolic criticism of Trump is the hoax. Just like everything you've believed the last 4 years.
Stick you are wasting your breath talking to an imbecile. A very over educated imbecile but an imbecile none the less. :!:
… another dumbass dweller in the shallow end of the gene pool, with a massive inferiority complex. :roll:
I love you too you dumb ass PhD. Where did you get that degree? Was it Berkley or the bottom of the Cracker Jack box. Either one speaks more to your lack of character and how smart people are really stupid. :lol: :lol: :lol: At least i was born at the bottom of the gene pool, i didn't have to go to college to educate my way down to the bottom. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rumor has it 72 then when those folks were done cutting down the trees in your back yard that there was a pool going on among the workers. Is it true that the highest bidder won the chance to go after you with a chain saw? :o
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
RedFromMI

Re: All things COVID-19

Post by RedFromMI »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:45 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:41 pm
6ftstick wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:38 pmNo more deadly than the FN FLU.
You sound disappointed.
Jeezus.

I've been saying all along the predictions of armageddon were hyperbolic—check all my posts.

One of you folks in the liberal clown car is actually prepared to rub my nose in my lower expectations of death. Think its ggait

Just amazing how you people think twist and spin.
The actual death numbers will be substantially higher - because of unreported cases. Can be estimated after the fact to a good measure by looking at the total death rate vs normal numbers for that place and time of year.

This effect has already been noted and partial estimates are available for Spain and Italy for example. Real toll will be quite a bit higher than the "official" count which for now is only those cases where CV has been detected/measured.
runrussellrun

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by runrussellrun »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:25 pm
CU88 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:59 am Maryland Peak is still coming:

1,158 new cases and 24 deaths in last 24 hours
Baltimore with a per capita death rate of 16.0 per million
Washington DC with a per capita death rate of 29.0 per million

These figures include Baltimore, PG and Montgomery counties.
How is the murder rates in same locals?

exaclty

People die, every day. WHO knew :roll:
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Dr. Birx Warns Of ‘Very Acute’ Second COVID-19 Wave If People Stop Social Distancing
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/birx ... distancing
Dr. Deborah Birx, one of the leading health professionals on the White House Anti-Coronavirus Task Force, urged Americans to stick to the 30-day social distancing guidelines on Wednesday even as the COVID-19 outbreak curve begins to flatten.

The doctor told NBC “Today Show” host Savannah Guthrie that public health officials were seeing encouraging signs of the viral spread slowing down as a result of social distancing.

Birx warned that Americans ought not to get complacent, however.

“What’s really important is that people don’t turn these early signs of hope into releasing from the 30 days to stop the spread,” the doctor said. “It’s really critical, and you can see the delay.”

“So if people start going out again and socially interacting, we could see a very acute second wave very early,” she continued.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

ggait wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:03 pm
I've been saying all along the predictions of armageddon were hyperbolic—check all my posts.

One of you folks in the liberal clown car is actually prepared to rub my nose in my lower expectations of death. Think its ggait
You're driving the clown car all by yourself, which apparently keeps you from reading.

The original dire Imperial College projections were for what would happen if no measures were deployed. 500k deaths in the UK and 2.2 million in the U.S. Those projections still stand -- they have not been withdrawn or revised (as many have incorrectly reported).

Those projections were dire enough to force Trump and Bojo to take measures. And the taking of measures drives down the projected deaths.

Is this your argument Six:

1. Doc tells obese, sedentary, smoker guy he is going to die soon if he doesn't change.

2. Guy drops 100 pounds, quits smoking, and starts running marathons.

3. Guy lives longer.

Therefore, doc was wrong?
2.2 million deaths ? So what....that is less than 1% of the population. :arrow: :arrow:

You DO realize the people that are dying are tRump voters. (you DO realize that tRump got over a million votes in Massachusetts. There just CAN'T be over a million deplorables in my fair state ? Any of them work for Raytheon ? ;) )
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:07 pm
6ftstick wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:45 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:41 pm
6ftstick wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:38 pmNo more deadly than the FN FLU.
You sound disappointed.
Jeezus.

Just amazing how you people think twist and spin.
The actual death numbers will be substantially higher - because of unreported cases. Can be estimated after the fact to a good measure by looking at the total death rate vs normal numbers for that place and time of year.

This effect has already been noted and partial estimates are available for Spain and Italy for example. Real toll will be quite a bit higher than the "official" count which for now is only those cases where CV has been detected/measured.
Italy's National Institute of Health found that 99% of people who died from COVID-19 had at least one preexisting condition.

Dr Birx said in yesterdays press conference that ALL coronavirus deaths are counted as "OF" coronavirus" not "with" coronavirus
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:59 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:13 pm Anyone know where Bill Ackman got his molecular biology PhD?
same place as Bill Gates
Could be. You listen to Bill?
“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

Six -- honest question.

What should the U.S. have done differently on this? And what would the impact of that been?

I don't understand what your alternative would have been.

Do nothing and hope for herd immunity?

SD lite (like what Sweden is doing)?

Something else?
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:51 pm Doctor says, If you don't lose weight and fast, you're going to die of a heart attack. 6 foot says, Sounds exaggerated to me. Overweight guys turns vegetarian, exercises regularly, and lives to a ripe, old age. 6 foot says, I told you the doctor was exaggerating.

6 foot, that doesn't make sense.
Back in the real world.....

the Doctor says, to Pauline the Plumber, "stay at home. B/c you are obese, you ARE at risk of dying. TODAY. your WORK is NOT essential, Binge watch tv, maybe learn to code, but, under NO circumstance, are you to WORK. even though I had to have a plumber over yesterday because my wine cellar condensor leaked all over my Titanic grade mahogony .........."

Depressed (thats a REAL thing....ain't it? ), Pauline decides to drink, lots. b/c, it's essential. Gains more weight, b/c the Governor shut down parks.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:14 pm
Dr. Birx Warns Of ‘Very Acute’ Second COVID-19 Wave If People Stop Social Distancing
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/birx ... distancing
Dr. Deborah Birx, one of the leading health professionals on the White House Anti-Coronavirus Task Force, urged Americans to stick to the 30-day social distancing guidelines on Wednesday even as the COVID-19 outbreak curve begins to flatten.

The doctor told NBC “Today Show” host Savannah Guthrie that public health officials were seeing encouraging signs of the viral spread slowing down as a result of social distancing. Do you remember which commericials were run during these segments? Drugs, perhaps. :lol:

Birx warned that Americans ought not to get complacent, however.

“What’s really important is that people don’t turn these early signs of hope into releasing from the 30 days to stop the spread,” the doctor said. “It’s really critical, and you can see the delay.”

“So if people start going out again and socially interacting, we could see a very acute second wave very early,” she continued.
social engineering.....forest, for the trees. Suddenly, someone in the tRump admin is too be listened too......when it fits YOUR narrative. (whatever, that may be )
Last edited by runrussellrun on Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:19 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:59 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:13 pm Anyone know where Bill Ackman got his molecular biology PhD?
same place as Bill Gates
Could be. You listen to Bill?
About what, be specific? And, which Bill? The one who would have been the 2022 Johns Hopkins lax coach, after winning another superbowl withOUT the goatsq. greatest of all time systems quarterback. his completion rate is laughable when throwing for more than 20 yards. Good thing the Pats get into the playoffs with all those "good" losses. ...oh, wait, that's NOT how the real world workds.......
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

ggait wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:20 pm Six -- honest question.

What should the U.S. have done differently on this? And what would the impact of that been?

Something else?

Six can answer the question since it was directed at him, but I suspect he and I share a similar sentiment, so if you don't mind... :lol:

I'm not railing any specific official, Dem or Republican. Every elected official, maybe with the exception of de Blasio who is in fact a giant-bodied birdbrain and we can all agree about that, is doing their level-best to react smartly and get ahead of this wretched virus. There is no real blame to be assigned to any American per se...the WHO sucks, and they need to pay the piper soon. But as far as American officials, they are all trying.

What I object to (and I suspect 6 as well), is the immediate knee-jerk, spasmodic, and rabid ethos of the Left here to tear down Trump, followed by any Republican maybe excepting Hogan and Dewine. Those same Left Fanlax posters do not see the hypocrisy in their foaming-at-the-mouth anti-Trump diatribes, when their own leaders have all failed the same way.

Keep the criticism consistent and we would all get along much better. I am here merely to balance out the scale.

Back to work!!!
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

While Trump and his supporters prove their complete and utter stupidity each and every day (including on this forum), a voice of sanity from the wilderness:

Washington (CNN) Former President Barack Obama on Wednesday said it would not be feasible to relax current measures to combat the spread of coronavirus without a "robust system of testing and monitoring — something we have yet to put in place nationwide."

The tweet presents a notable contrast in tone compared to the views of President Donald Trump, who on Wednesday morning tweeted that the country's economy must reopen "sooner rather than later" and that the pandemic "must be quickly forgotten" for those who haven't lost a loved one.

President Obama is basically saying, “Look morons, you need to put a vigorous and comprehensive testing system in place, like the South Koreans did, before you can safely open up the economy. Dumba$$es,” but in his usual nice way.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Something else?
Face it the modelers were wrong by 90%. Thats all from wishing our hands and social distancing?

OK we've done what we were asked. Forfeited businesses and jobs.

Lost trillions in the market.

Trump and his Task force moved heaven and earth—with constant bleating from the left and the media.

Nothing was enough.

And the same players are already bytching about the recovery.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Something else?
Are YOU billing hours this week? exactly.

The U.S. should have followed ALL of those recommendations in matnums 69 page report. Which one is your favorite recommendation, ggait? :roll:

People die. Get over it. Water in Flint, Michigan potable yet? exactly.

Open the country, this is pathetic.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

DocBarrister wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:32 pm While Trump and his supporters prove their complete and utter stupidity each and every day (including on this forum), a voice of sanity from the wilderness:

Washington (CNN) Former President Barack Obama on Wednesday said it would not be feasible to relax current measures to combat the spread of coronavirus without a "robust system of testing and monitoring — something we have yet to put in place nationwide."

The tweet presents a notable contrast in tone compared to the views of President Donald Trump, who on Wednesday morning tweeted that the country's economy must reopen "sooner rather than later" and that the pandemic "must be quickly forgotten" for those who haven't lost a loved one.

President Obama is basically saying, “Look morons, you need to put a vigorous and comprehensive testing system in place, like the South Koreans did, before you can safely open up the economy. Dumba$$es,” but in his usual nice way.

DocBarrister
Not the Barack Obama that allowed 60 million Americans to contract H1N1 and up to 18,000 Americans to die.

Not the Barack Obama that never resupplied the National supply of Medical supplies after he depleted it for H1N1.

Not he Barack Obama who couldn't protect 4 people in a US embassy.

Not that Barack Obama

Its a certainty that the Trump Task Force that bent the death curve from 2.5 million down to maybe 60,000 doesnt have the brains or foresight to think about testing monitoring and a vaccine.
Last edited by 6ftstick on Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Something else?
I can't answer for 6 but I am happy to put in my 2 cents. America is a country of 330 million plus people who would probably not agree where the sun sets at night. You can give them the best advice in the world and chances are they will ignore it or do things their own way. That is how a large # of Americans think. You give them good and sound advice and they will do the exact opposite. That is what happens in a nation of naturally sceptical people.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:33 pm

Something else?
Are YOU billing hours this week? exactly.

The U.S. should have followed ALL of those recommendations in matnums 69 page report. Which one is your favorite recommendation, ggait? :roll:

People die. Get over it. Water in Flint, Michigan potable yet? exactly.

Open the country, this is pathetic.
What is France’s excuse? Rachel Maddow?
“I wish you would!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

DocBarrister wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:32 pm While Trump and his supporters prove their complete and utter stupidity each and every day (including on this forum), a voice of sanity from the wilderness:

DocBarrister
MANdotory testing. Have to wear an armband to PROVE you have been tested.

Oh.....MANdotory vaccine. You want to WORK, you have to have the v-19 vaccine. (except, of course, illegals )

Return to “POLITICS”