All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

jhu72

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by jhu72 »

CU88 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:59 am Maryland Peak is still coming:

1,158 new cases and 24 deaths in last 24 hours
Baltimore with a per capita death rate of 16.0 per million
Washington DC with a per capita death rate of 29.0 per million

These figures include Baltimore, PG and Montgomery counties.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:24 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:13 pm Anyone know where Bill Ackman got his molecular biology PhD?

Are you sad he might be correct? Also his wife Neri is super dumb. Don’t listen to these dumb clowns!!! Listen instead to our super non-partisan media! Heil, Media!! Ignorance is strength, you Trumptards!!!

:lol:
I know where my wife got hers.
🤡

Back to timeout for you.
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:38 am Hey, I'm sorry to post positive news for the hysterical TDS'ers littering this board, but sanity calls for sane minds to share good news:

the R0 naught appears to be substantially higher than previously indicated. If true, this implies much wider infection and asymptomatic rate which increases probability of herd immunity and lowers risk of reopening of the global economy.

R0.jpg

Back to work!!!!
Damn, he claims R0 is bigger than anyone has to date. Means lots of untested, unreported infections. Totally believable. DOESN'T SAY SQUAT ABOUT HOW DEADLY THE DISEASE IS! Stick to washing airplanes. :roll:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:32 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:38 am Hey, I'm sorry to post positive news for the hysterical TDS'ers littering this board, but sanity calls for sane minds to share good news:

the R0 naught appears to be substantially higher than previously indicated. If true, this implies much wider infection and asymptomatic rate which increases probability of herd immunity and lowers risk of reopening of the global economy.

R0.jpg

Back to work!!!!
Damn, he claims R0 is bigger than anyone has to date. Means lots of untested, unreported infections. Totally believable. DOESN'T SAY SQUAT ABOUT HOW DEADLY THE DISEASE IS! Stick to washing airplanes. :roll:

A hedge fund manager might be able to discern the big picture more than a research scientist...who knew!!!! :lol:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:13 pm Anyone know where Bill Ackman got his molecular biology PhD?
Trump University? :lol:
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:32 pm

R0.jpg

Back to work!!!!
The IMHE model used by the CDC and Dr. Birx and Dr. Fauci estimate the total US coronavirus deaths to be 81,766 by August 4th.
And 81,000 by May 21st.

The actual number of US deaths due to coronavirus on Monday was: 10,068 deaths.
The estimated IHME model number of deaths by Monday was: 12,539 (range of 11,256 – 14,281)

The IHME numbers are already off by 20%!

On Wednesday (today)— 3 days later — they updated their predictions AGAIN!
The latest IHME predictions call for 60,000 deaths by August.

No more deadly than the FN FLU.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:38 pmNo more deadly than the FN FLU.
You sound disappointed.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:41 pm
6ftstick wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:38 pmNo more deadly than the FN FLU.
You sound disappointed.
Jeezus.

I've been saying all along the predictions of armageddon were hyperbolic—check all my posts.

One of you folks in the liberal clown car is actually prepared to rub my nose in my lower expectations of death. Think its ggait

Just amazing how you people think twist and spin.
Typical Lax Dad

jhu72 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:36 pm
It’s in Ackman’s financial interest to get peasants back to work as soon as possible. He took his number from a quack tripe site on twitter.
“I wish you would!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Laxgunea wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:27 am Why the infatuation with flu comparisons? If you insist on making the comparison, at least recognize that the flu has been around for a long time, and that there is a decent vaccine for it. If you want to make a comparison, imagine the flu had never been seen before, that there was no vaccine, that there were no protocols for treating it, and very little understanding of it. Also imagine that it seems more contagious and more deadly.
It seems? :o

MORE DEADLY? Than what? Alcohol?

Lots of essential workers, apparently , here in eastern Massachusettes. Grant writing IS e$$ential. PoloROID still plotting to steal everyones pensions?

Funny.....how all the A holes end up in ACK. Taking the Whaler there soon......just b/c.......can THEY stop me from landing (engine trouble/sos :roll: )
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Doctor says, If you don't lose weight and fast, you're going to die of a heart attack. 6 foot says, Sounds exaggerated to me. Overweight guys turns vegetarian, exercises regularly, and lives to a ripe, old age. 6 foot says, I told you the doctor was exaggerating.

6 foot, that doesn't make sense.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:50 pm
Laxgunea wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:27 am Why the infatuation with flu comparisons? If you insist on making the comparison, at least recognize that the flu has been around for a long time, and that there is a decent vaccine for it. If you want to make a comparison, imagine the flu had never been seen before, that there was no vaccine, that there were no protocols for treating it, and very little understanding of it. Also imagine that it seems more contagious and more deadly.
It seems? :o

MORE DEADLY? Than what? Alcohol?

Lots of essential workers, apparently , here in eastern Massachusettes. Grant writing IS e$$ential. PoloROID still plotting to steal everyones pensions?

Funny.....how all the A holes end up in ACK. Taking the Whaler there soon......just b/c.......can THEY stop me from landing (engine trouble/sos :roll: )
You should throw a party.
“I wish you would!”
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:51 pm Doctor says, If you don't lose weight and fast, you're going to die of a heart attack. 6 foot says, Sounds exaggerated to me. Overweight guys turns vegetarian, exercises regularly, and lives to a ripe, old age. 6 foot says, I told you the doctor was exaggerating.

6 foot, that doesn't make sense.
What?

We've destroyed 15 trillion in wealth, put 10-15 million people out of work, small business owners are losing the companies they've spent their lives creating and quarantined 300 million people.

And you're being cute.
Last edited by 6ftstick on Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Let's hope the UW projections turn out to be true. That would be a great outcome. Also great that UW is dynamically revising its forecasts so frequently based on new data.

Not great that Six Foot is so egregiously wrong about this.

The first line of the UW projections says this:

COVID-19 projections assuming full social distancing through May 2020

The seasonal flu typically kills annually about 35k people in the U.S. with no social distancing required.

UW doesn't project what the deaths would be if we didn't keep up with the SD for another 8 weeks. Maybe we should ask them to run those numbers. 500k maybe? More maybe?

So with harsh extreme measures deployed, Covid gives us double the deaths we get from the seasonal flu (where we do very little other than maybe getting a flu shot). Which means Covid is WAY more infectious and deadly.

Sheesh!!
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

ggait wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:53 pm

Let's hope the UW projections turn out to be true. That would be a great outcome. Also great that UW is dynamically revising its forecasts so frequently based on new data.

The seasonal flu typically kills annually about 35k people in the U.S. with no social distancing required.

UW doesn't project what the deaths would be if we didn't keep up with the SD for another 8 weeks. Maybe we should ask them to run those numbers. 500k maybe? More maybe?

So with harsh extreme measures deployed, Covid gives us double the deaths we get from the seasonal flu (where we do very little other than maybe getting a flu shot). Which means Covid is WAY more infectious and deadly.

Sheesh!!
But But But.... are you disappointed you might not be able to feel superior. Want more people to die
Typical Lax Dad

ggait wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:53 pm

Sheesh!!
But how do you know more people would have died without social distancing? You don’t...TAATS

RRR
“I wish you would!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

CU88 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:39 am
jhu72 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:29 am
+1
+2

So obvious but some people just can't get past it. Past what? Our economy is in a death spiral. the ONLY comparison is HOW the deaths are counted, by the CDC, who, apparently, doesn't keep REAL time stats, that's pawned of to a private business :roll: SO, to ask AGAIN, what protocols/models/formula, etc. are you guys THINK you are using in counting the V-19 deaths ? This time next year we hopefully will have a similar vaccine.

https://thehill.com/policy/internationa ... n-only-one

No verified, but I heard that the UK cases/deaths surged today...
You working from home, CU88? Tough to ZOOM a "bent", or a new roof. Virtual plumbers & electricians, still in research grant phase at tesla/RISD.

How many killed by DRONE strikes ? You know, them collaterals.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

same place as Bill Gates
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:36 pm
Magna cumme fraude
ggait

Post by ggait »

I've been saying all along the predictions of armageddon were hyperbolic—check all my posts.

One of you folks in the liberal clown car is actually prepared to rub my nose in my lower expectations of death. Think its ggait
You're driving the clown car all by yourself, which apparently keeps you from reading.

The original dire Imperial College projections were for what would happen if no measures were deployed. 500k deaths in the UK and 2.2 million in the U.S. Those projections still stand -- they have not been withdrawn or revised (as many have incorrectly reported).

Those projections were dire enough to force Trump and Bojo to take measures. And the taking of measures drives down the projected deaths.

Is this your argument Six:

1. Doc tells obese, sedentary, smoker guy he is going to die soon if he doesn't change.

2. Guy drops 100 pounds, quits smoking, and starts running marathons.

3. Guy lives longer.

Therefore, doc was wrong?
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.

Return to “POLITICS”