All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

foreverlax

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by foreverlax »

old salt wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:39 pm My tax preparer bought 3M as soon as the first community spread case popped in the US in Jan.
She had no inside info. She just pays attention to the news.
I hope the SEC doesn't come for her before she finishes my return.
I can't afford to hire Jim Malone to bail me out.
What does she think about BA?
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Did she sit on the news!
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
old salt

Post by old salt »

Trinity wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:48 pm Did she sit on the news!
No, we discussed it at the dog park before she pulled the trigger.
Genius me -- doubled down on Boeing. .:?.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

as of 6pm

April 6 (GMT)

27386 new cases and 1176 new deaths in the United States

An estimated additional 180 - 195 deaths per day occurring at home in New York City due to COVID-19 are not being counted in the official figures. "Early on in this crisis we were able to swab people who died at home, and thus got a coronavirus reading. But those days are long gone. We simply don't have the testing capacity for the large numbers dying at home. Now only those few who had a test confirmation *before* dying are marked as victims of coronavirus on their death certificate. This almost certainly means we are undercounting the total number of victims of this pandemic," said Mark Levine, Chair of New York City Council health committee [source]

A study by disease modelers at the University of Texas at Austin states that "Given the low testing rates throughout the country, we assume that 1 in 10 cases are tested and reported. If a county has detected only 1 case of COVID-19, there is a 51%
chance that there is already a growing outbreak underway" [source]
[source]
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

If it ain’t Boeing, I ain’t going. Good call.

Perdue should have made that call, too.

Fox anchor: Can you tell me your thoughts on the drug that is used normally to treat malaria.

Dr. Haseltine: It's sad to me that people are promoting that drug.

Anchor: But what about the anecdotal evidence?

Haseltine: That's complete and utter nonsense. Irresponsible.
Jim Malone

Post by Jim Malone »

Oh yes you can!

Rates are way different for active and retired military and law enforcement!

In addition there is a “LaxPower” discount applied too!

:mrgreen:

old salt wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:39 pm My tax preparer bought 3M as soon as the first community spread case popped in the US in Jan.
The parent, not the coach.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

An interesting first-hand account of a pulmonologist who contracted the disease and had some complications:

https://www.printfriendly.com/p/g/Mp3qgx
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

if you have Jim Malone as your bail-out plan, you're in good hands. very good hands.

:P
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Yikes, he's an idiot.

Wonder whether Grimm will be the next IG fired.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/202 ... mm-vpx.cnn
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

he does seem like he's losing it. needs a round of golf.
woulda thought his ratings and air time would placate him.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:24 pm he does seem like he's losing it. needs a round of golf.
woulda thought his ratings and air time would placate him.
In over his head. This is what he has been for years. He can’t do a “cut....take 12” like he did during his apprentice days.
“I wish you would!”
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:43 pm Yikes, he's an idiot.

It would be awesome if someone asked him for an update on the missing gallon of frozen strawberries.
calourie

Post by calourie »

I'm speechless. Stay strong, stay well everyone.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

foreverlax wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:42 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:46 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:41 pm
Kismet wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:21 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:54 pm
Kismet wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:35 am
old salt wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:20 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:32 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:26 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:48 pm The media hid FDR's paralysis his entire Presidency.
Trump would be called a liar for trying to conceal it from the public.
How was FDR's messaging on the internment camps ?
Not just FDR. Literally all presidents lie. Most every, if not every, politician lies. It's just a reality of the industry. With this said, Trump's lying is not like most anything we've seen before. Certainly in my life time. Politicians have had bigger lies. but in terms of how blatant the lies are and how often they're shared, Trump is off the charts.
The "media hid FDR's paralysis"????
BS.

There was NO ONE who didn't know of FDR's physical issue.
The degree of pain he was in, probably not, but absolutely everyone knew he was in a wheel chair.
Show us contemporary media images of FDR in a wheelchair.
https://www.businessinsider.com/how-fdr ... ing-2019-4
Some additional information on FDR and his polio from someone who is eminently more qualified to opine than either you or me - historian Geoffrey C Ward. It appears the press did not as actively contribute to the myth as Roosevelt and his handlers did in presenting the President to the public.

"The man who used a wheelchair and couldn’t get to the bathroom on his own “made everyone believe he stood up to greet them,” Mr. Ward said. “He was an absolute magician.”

The modern view “is to see a kind of conspiracy on the part of Franklin Roosevelt to hide the fact that he had this disability from the public,” Mr. Woolner said.

But he added that the public was well aware of his polio; there were fund-raisers every year for research into the disease. What the public didn’t know, he said, “was the extent of his disability,” his ability to put people at ease somehow convincing them that he had overcome it.

Political necessity required an image of strength and health while running for election as the country struggled with the Depression...."

Watch this clip from PBS series "The Roosevelts" and you will note that Ward nearly breaks down after describing Roosevelt's initial situation after contracting polio - Ward, it seems also contracted polio as a child.

You might also get some insight on leadership and how to project a positive image to people in a crisis when you're simultaneously in a personal crisis of your own and scraed sh*tless yourself

Yes, FDR was a flawed person (aren't we all in some ways) but IMHO he ably led the country through two of its greatest crises regardless of his personal shortcomings . Sadly for all of us, none of this applies to the current occupant of the WH.
Blah blah blah. FDR's courage is irrelevant.
Simple question -- did contemporary media show images of FDR in a wheelchair or not ?
so sez one of the shallowest suckups here. To quote you - TROLL!!!!!!!!!L :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You imagine yourself as Dolores Kearns Goodman, except you're even more tedious than she is.
:lol: :lol: :lol: you have a brilliant sense of humor there Old Salt. As they would say in the snobbish world of tennis... game...set and match
Some people think farting is funny. ;)
That is why they still make whoopie cushions. ;)
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/us/p ... virus.html

Peter Navarro memo in January was also ignored.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

ardilla secreta wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:05 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:43 pm Yikes, he's an idiot.

It would be awesome if someone asked him for an update on the missing gallon of frozen strawberries.
So now we are going to drag poor old captain queeg into the discussion? ;)
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
old salt

Post by old salt »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:15 am
foreverlax wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:42 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:46 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:41 pm
Kismet wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:21 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:54 pm
Kismet wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:35 am
old salt wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:20 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:32 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:26 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:48 pm The media hid FDR's paralysis his entire Presidency.
Trump would be called a liar for trying to conceal it from the public.
How was FDR's messaging on the internment camps ?
Not just FDR. Literally all presidents lie. Most every, if not every, politician lies. It's just a reality of the industry. With this said, Trump's lying is not like most anything we've seen before. Certainly in my life time. Politicians have had bigger lies. but in terms of how blatant the lies are and how often they're shared, Trump is off the charts.
The "media hid FDR's paralysis"????
BS.

There was NO ONE who didn't know of FDR's physical issue.
The degree of pain he was in, probably not, but absolutely everyone knew he was in a wheel chair.
Show us contemporary media images of FDR in a wheelchair.
https://www.businessinsider.com/how-fdr ... ing-2019-4
Some additional information on FDR and his polio from someone who is eminently more qualified to opine than either you or me - historian Geoffrey C Ward. It appears the press did not as actively contribute to the myth as Roosevelt and his handlers did in presenting the President to the public.

"The man who used a wheelchair and couldn’t get to the bathroom on his own “made everyone believe he stood up to greet them,” Mr. Ward said. “He was an absolute magician.”

The modern view “is to see a kind of conspiracy on the part of Franklin Roosevelt to hide the fact that he had this disability from the public,” Mr. Woolner said.

But he added that the public was well aware of his polio; there were fund-raisers every year for research into the disease. What the public didn’t know, he said, “was the extent of his disability,” his ability to put people at ease somehow convincing them that he had overcome it.

Political necessity required an image of strength and health while running for election as the country struggled with the Depression...."

Watch this clip from PBS series "The Roosevelts" and you will note that Ward nearly breaks down after describing Roosevelt's initial situation after contracting polio - Ward, it seems also contracted polio as a child.

You might also get some insight on leadership and how to project a positive image to people in a crisis when you're simultaneously in a personal crisis of your own and scraed sh*tless yourself

Yes, FDR was a flawed person (aren't we all in some ways) but IMHO he ably led the country through two of its greatest crises regardless of his personal shortcomings . Sadly for all of us, none of this applies to the current occupant of the WH.
Blah blah blah. FDR's courage is irrelevant.
Simple question -- did contemporary media show images of FDR in a wheelchair or not ?
so sez one of the shallowest suckups here. To quote you - TROLL!!!!!!!!!L :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You imagine yourself as Dolores Kearns Goodman, except you're even more tedious than she is.
:lol: :lol: :lol: you have a brilliant sense of humor there Old Salt. As they would say in the snobbish world of tennis... game...set and match
Some people think farting is funny. ;)
That is why they still make whoopie cushions. ;)
The media chose not to show FDR in a wheelchair, yet Dolores Kearns Kismut uses their images to analyze a President's trouser stains.
...& he's an old school "journalist".
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Hey, guess which family stands to gain financially from sales of Plaqueril?

Another reason why real presidents divest.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Trinity wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:18 am Hey, guess which family stands to gain financially from sales of Plaqueril?

really?
Is there evidence of this?

EDIT: ok, yup. Good lord.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/us/p ... e=Homepage
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:34 am
Trinity wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:18 am Hey, guess which family stands to gain financially from sales of Plaqueril?

really?
Is there evidence of this?

EDIT: ok, yup. Good lord.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/us/p ... e=Homepage

OMG, even MDLaxfan76 falls for the imbecility. :lol:

Trinity must be a Morning Joe disciple, since I just posted about this Dem/media windup idiocy on 'Media Matters'.

Man, I feel for Libs. Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life. My brain hurts from just having watched that clown show. Quick summary:

If you invest in a mutual fund or any fund, you're now responsible for the mutual fund managers' equity, bond, commodity, and cash decisions and allocations. In fact, you must now participate in all investment decisions!

("Dumb" is way too kind a word here)

:lol:

Return to “POLITICS”