All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

Typical Lax Dad

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:56 pmNo
He had no idea this would present a danger?.....Despite his earlier published research on this type of pandemic? We have nothing to worry about..... until it shows up here. You don’t have to worry about being electrocuted... until your wires fall and you try to pick up a live wire.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:54 pm Certainly make you wonder why Fauci, on 21-JAN, still articulated it as not much to worry about.
Fauci, like most others, was guided by the Chinese assertion (amplified by the WHO) that person to person transmission had not yet been confirmed.

We are now learning that the Chinese (& the WHO) knew otherwise.

TLD : Expecting leadsership from the Chinese ? No
Scientific & technical honesty about an emerging pandemic ? Yes.
Last edited by old salt on Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:58 pm
He had no idea this would present a danger?.....Despite his earlier published research on this type of pandemic? We have nothing to worry about..... until it shows up here. You don’t have to worry about being electrocuted... until your wires fall and you try to pick up a live wire.
Here - you can listen to this EDITED version for yourself direct from the CDC, posted 22-JAN. Make sure you take your binky with you so you feel safe when listening... ;) :lol:

And based on your claim that the one I posted yesterday was edited....well, sure most videos are. Maybe Dr. Fauci needs a new tailor, because he is wearing the same suit and tie, at the same backdrop. You might need a 2nd binky now. ;) :lol:

Maybe you'll have better luck trolling tomorrow. ;)

Be good.

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Read the Queen's message to everyone in the UK

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-52176208

"I am speaking to you at what I know is an increasingly challenging time.

A time of disruption in the life of our country: a disruption that has brought grief to some, financial difficulties to many, and enormous changes to the daily lives of us all.

I want to thank everyone on the NHS frontline, as well as care workers and those carrying out essential roles, who selflessly continue their day-to-day duties outside the home in support of us all.

I am sure the nation will join me in assuring you that what you do is appreciated and every hour of your hard work brings us closer to a return to more normal times.

I also want to thank those of you who are staying at home, thereby helping to protect the vulnerable and sparing many families the pain already felt by those who have lost loved ones.

Together we are tackling this disease, and I want to reassure you that if we remain united and resolute, then we will overcome it.I

While we have faced challenges before, this one is different.

This time we join with all nations across the globe in a common endeavour, using the great advances of science and our instinctive compassion to heal.

We will succeed - and that success will belong to every one of us.

We should take comfort that while we may have more still to endure, better days will return: we will be with our friends again; we will be with our families again; we will meet again.

But for now, I send my thanks and warmest good wishes to you all."

HRH Queen Elizabeth II
Last edited by Kismet on Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wgdsr

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by wgdsr »

RedFromMI wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:46 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:38 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:53 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:43 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:16 pm (much omitted)

Statistics showing declining morbidity and infections.

Back to work!!
Last five days on worldometer.info for US:

Daily NEW Cases (remember incomplete testing pretty much universally in US):

Code: Select all

3/31 24742
 4/1  26473
 4/2  29874
 4/3  32284
 4/4  34196

Deaths:

3/31  912
 4/1  1049
 4/2   974
 4/3  1045
 4/4  1331

No decline evident...

Red: even DocB has moved on to the ‘racism’ card.

Hydroxychloriquine and antibiotics appear to help. There is increasing evidence that the asymptomatic infection rate could be as much as 50X higher than expected.

Back to work!
it would be awesome if we end up finding out asymptomatic is some huge number multiple than what we know now.
accurate testing, in volume, is what holds every single country back. chinese info didn't help, but almost every country is complicit in not being ready in full. a consequence of 40 plus years until an h1n1 pandemic that then peetered.
no urgency to be prepared.
everyone had the science in jan to the dna of it and start a program of testing preparation.
wow was everyone unprepared.
california? they took in 8000 people per day both to and fro from china for months. their numbers make no sense to me with the transmissability of this disease without the asymptomatic number being eons higher.
if someone were to make a bet with me on infections when this is over, i'd give a huge berth on the over/under.
i hope that's the case. it means we are catching a wave, yes, but it's the wave that comes with one of our few outs -- immunity.

as soon as we can get a test ready to
discover antibodies for who has had it, take 10 communities and test everyone. asap. if this isn't being done elsewhere or can't be elsewhere, do it all here.
stop putting band aids and chasing, get ahead of this on information.
I would love to say that is happening, but the approach of the people in charge is still mostly reaction. Testing STILL is a disaster in terms of availability (daughter's hospital gets results in about 5 days).

And no matter what promise there is in antivirals - there is not a lot of likelihood that this will be effective in tamping down the first wave (for most places through Jun 1). So anyone expecting to see a change (except for tightening) in social distancing before then is likely to be disappointed.
we are overloaded on testing everywhere, so any huge increase now is only going to backlog that further. if you can even be tested, and you have to be both lucky to be in the right place and time, you're waiting longer, and your disease has progressed to whatever point. i'm guessing at point of care, in many places folks are going on symptoms and progression and need.
my sister in london has a story about her and 2 year old son being exposed to confirmed covid, cleared by test after waiting a week, that she doesn't now believe is accurate (given alĺ symptoms for both her and her son).

i'm talking about tip of spear stuff. get an antibody test up. asap. put it in 10 communities. do they have 40 exposures or 4,000?
has anyone done that? or will they asap? a small piece of $$ thrown at something.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:13 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:54 pm Certainly make you wonder why Fauci, on 21-JAN, still articulated it as not much to worry about.
Fauci, like most others, was guided by the Chinese assertion (amplified by the WHO) that person to person transmission had not yet been confirmed.

Agreed on this.
But by Jan 23rd, community transmission was exploding, not matter what #'s were being underreported or not, and the Chinese shut down the province...too late, but for sure we all knew on the 23rd that the Chinese had hit a very big button sounding the alarm. Certainly those paid to pay attention to such knew!

And just a few days later we knew that it was already in the US and transmitting through community contact already...not that we couldn't have figured that out earlier and been looking for it in all those folks traveling from Wuhan, but hey, once the Chinese really did pull the rip cord, no excuses thereafter...

Enjoy
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... sk/608743/
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:13 pm

Plan on the worst, hope for the best.
“I wish you would!”
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

I'd like to ask a favor of this community - As a native New Yorker who was born, grew up and worked in NYC for most of my life take a minute and watch this tribute to New York from Governor Andrew Cuomo. I'll be honest - I have never been a fan of the Governor whom I thought was too vain, political, often disingenuous, self-centered, sneaky and ambitious for my taste but, you know, he is a genuine New Yorker - his narration of this inspirational piece is right on the money and what I think New Yorkers need right now (in addition to more medical equipment and workers which are coming) and also what he really feels and believes in his heart.

http://convicts.nyc/profiles/ny-tough/

I'm sure the same applies to many other places across the country and the globe with dedicated and articulate leaders as well as medical personnel trying to get their people through this as well. If you have any, post and share them here, too.

Thanks for taking the time to watch this.
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:14 pm
Here - you can listen to this EDITED version for yourself direct from the CDC, posted 22-JAN. Make sure you take your binky with you so you feel safe when listening... ;) :lol:

And based on your claim that the one I posted yesterday was edited....well, sure most videos are. Maybe Dr. Fauci needs a new tailor, because he is wearing the same suit and tie, at the same backdrop. You might need a 2nd binky now. ;) :lol:

Be good.

You have lost your mind.... I watched the entire clip (which was also edited). At what point did he say this is something the USA doesn’t have to worry about? Even in your first clip. What were the first words out of his mouth?

“Bottom line, we don’t have to worry about this, right?” What are the first words out of Fauci’s mouth?
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Back to work!!

3/31 24742
 4/1  26473
 4/2  29874
 4/3  32284
 4/4  34196

Deaths:

3/31  912
 4/1  1049
 4/2   974
 4/3  1045
 4/4  1331

No decline evident...

Hydroxychloriquine and antibiotics appear to help. There is increasing evidence that the asymptomatic infection rate could be as much as 50X higher than expected.

Back to work!
it would be awesome if we end up finding out asymptomatic is some huge number multiple than what we know now.
accurate testing, in volume, is what holds every single country back. chinese info didn't help, but almost every country is complicit in not being ready in full. a consequence of 40 plus years until an h1n1 pandemic that then peetered.
everyone had the science in jan to the dna of it and start a program of testing preparation.
california? they took in 8000 people per day both to and fro from china for months. their numbers make no sense to me with the transmissability of this disease without the asymptomatic number being eons higher.
if someone were to make a bet with me on infections when this is over, i'd give a huge berth on the over/under.
i hope that's the case. it means we are catching a wave, yes, but it's the wave that comes with one of our few outs -- immunity.

discover antibodies for who has had it, take 10 communities and test everyone. asap. if this isn't being done elsewhere or can't be elsewhere, do it all here.

Ok. Here you go.

Initial antibody results just in from San Miguel County. PCR tests had shown just 8 positives out of 8,000 residents 1/1000.Initial antibody tests on 986 show 8 positive, 23 borderline, balance negative. Potentially 31/986 or 1/32 positive vs 1/1000 based on PCR testing.

https://www.sanmiguelcountyco.gov/590/Coronavirus
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:46 pm

Be good.

You have lost your mind.... I watched the entire clip (which was also edited). At what point did he say this is something the USA doesn’t have to worry about? Even in your first clip. What were the first words out of his mouth?

“Bottom line, we don’t have to worry about this, right?” What are the first words out of Fauci’s mouth?
You are just trolling again to keep your post count up :lol: You clearly did not listen and only heard what you wanted to hear.

Selective editing on your part. In the second clip, from 21-JAN. Listen to his 2nd sentence, I'll even tell at what second to listen...it will be at the .20 second mark. "This is not a major threat for the people in the United States and this is not something the citizens of the United states should be worried about".
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:12 pm

Be good.

You are just trolling again to keep your post count up :lol: You clearly did not listen and only heard what you wanted to hear.

Selective editing on your part. In the second clip, from 21-JAN. Listen to his 2nd sentence, I'll even tell at what second to listen...it will be at the .20 second mark. "This is not a major threat for the people in the United States and this is not something the citizens of the United states should be worried about".
Feel free to believe Fauci didn’t know this could pose a threat. It’s a free country.
“I wish you would!”
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

.@GStephanopoulos: “Did the Pentagon receive an intelligence assessment on COVID in China last November from the National Center for Medical Intelligence?”

Defense Sec. Mark Esper: “I can’t recall, George, but we have many people that watch this closely.”

I can’t recall......
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
Typical Lax Dad

Trinity wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:25 pm .@GStephanopoulos: “Did the Pentagon receive an intelligence assessment on COVID in China last November from the National Center for Medical Intelligence?”

Defense Sec. Mark Esper: “I can’t recall, George, but we have many people that watch this closely.”

I can’t recall......
The buck stops over there
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:20 pm

Be good.

Feel free to believe Fauci didn’t know this could pose a threat. It’s a free country.
That was never the argument....nice try moving the goalpost though to deflect your wrongness. ;) Trolling can have that effect. ;)

The argument has always been that you and your lefty buddies are consistently and constantly saying Trump screwed up, he doesn't and did not listen to those smarter than him, acted too slow, yadi-yadi-yadi. The #TDS #OrangeManBad night and day is such weak-sauce in the instance.

This timeline, assuming it is fairly accurate, leaves little time for error to even take place. And my point.....and this is where the rubber meets the road.....Had Dr.Fauci articulated on 21-JAN that this MF'er is no friggen joke, we need shut this place down ASAP....we could then blame Trump if he did not listen. Those videos prove, in Dr.Fauci's words that "We the people" should not worry.

I smell bacon.....gotta run before my damned kids eat it all. :lol:
~Livy

ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Trinity wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:25 pm .@GStephanopoulos: “Did the Pentagon receive an intelligence assessment on COVID in China last November from the National Center for Medical Intelligence?”

I can’t recall......
However, he remembers every detail of Gilligan’s Island, Season 3, Episode 27 “It’s a Bird, It’s a Plane”. Where Gilligan and the Skipper find a jet pack that enables them to fly like birds.
RedFromMI

Re: All things COVID-19

Post by RedFromMI »

They now have a positive test on a TIGER at the Bronx Zoo.

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/cor ... b569a42346

Symptoms of a dry cough led to the testing...
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:41 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:20 pm

Be good.

That was never the argument....nice try moving the goalpost though to deflect your wrongness. ;) Trolling can have that effect. ;)

The argument has always been that you and your lefty buddies are consistently and constantly saying Trump screwed up, he doesn't and did not listen to those smarter than him, acted too slow, yadi-yadi-yadi. The #TDS #OrangeManBad night and day is such weak-sauce in the instance.

This timeline, assuming it is fairly accurate, leaves little time for error to even take place. And my point.....and this is where the rubber meets the road.....Had Dr.Fauci articulated on 21-JAN that this MF'er is no friggen joke, we need shut this place down ASAP....we could then blame Trump if he did not listen. Those videos prove, in Dr.Fauci's words that "We the people" should not worry.

I smell bacon.....gotta run before my damned kids eat it all. :lol:
We were well prepared. Fauci just didn’t give the go signal.😇
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:11 pm

Back to work!!

3/31 24742
 4/1  26473
 4/2  29874
 4/3  32284
 4/4  34196

Deaths:

3/31  912
 4/1  1049
 4/2   974
 4/3  1045
 4/4  1331

No decline evident...

Back to work!

Ok. Here you go.

Initial antibody results just in from San Miguel County. PCR tests had shown just 8 positives out of 8,000 residents 1/1000.Initial antibody tests on 986 show 8 positive, 23 borderline, balance negative. Potentially 31/986 or 1/32 positive vs 1/1000 based on PCR testing.

https://www.sanmiguelcountyco.gov/590/Coronavirus
boil down your interpretation
for me...
8 positive and 23 maybes of a 1000. what was the return on mar 27 of tests negative and positive for the community at that point?
any idea how to find out? how accurate are the tests? a bunch of maybes that tell us not much.

how about us testing 10 full communities with accurate tests? is that impossible?
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

I can’t recall......
How does Mr Stephanopoulos know anything about intelligence assessments from the Pentagon. What about, Where and when?

Return to “POLITICS”