All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

Brooklyn

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by Brooklyn »

6ftstick wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:58 am
Trinity wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:46 am https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/04/us/c ... tions.html

Trump’s China travel ban was Swiss cheese. Screening at airports? Pu-lease.
China (WUHAN) had been dealing with the virus since November and in JANUARY they allowed 381,000 passengers to fly into US airports.

The Chinese are the Villains in this piece.

The Chinese government is not responsible for the State Department's decision to issue visas. That responsibility lies exclusively with the Idiot-In-Chief who controls that federal agency and who allowed entry of all those people.

430,000 People Have Traveled From China to U.S. Since Coronavirus Surfaced
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/43 ... li=BBnb7Kz
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
6ftstick

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by 6ftstick »

DocBarrister wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:11 pm
6ftstick wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:43 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:43 pm Even if the actual number of coronavirus infection cases is double the “official” count of around 80,000, the mortality rate would still be 1,000 times that of “ordinary” flu. That’s pretty frightening.

This epidemic can still be managed, but we’re definitely on the cusp of a global pandemic. IF IT TRULY BECOMES A PANDEMIC then we’re talking about many thousands of additional deaths and a potential global recession.

DocBarrister :shock: :o
So Doc here's your first post in the thread. February 26th, You don't sound like your hairs on fire. Pretty reasoned. Where were you in January and February screaming Trump was a stumbling idiot.

Were were the democrats and their media amplifier in three debates prior to this withoutt a mention of this disease.

NYs health commissioner had already advised all NewYorkers to come to the Chinese New Year parade to show they were WOKE and not racists.

The Mayor of New Orleans another Democrat had pushed attendance at Mardi Gras.

And Trump had already closed the borders declared a public health emergency and put the coronavirus task force together.
I wasn’t the one getting national intelligence warnings since early January about the coming crisis ... and then ignoring them.

Should note that I was sounding more alarms on February 26 than Trump.

Your continued support of Trump can only be described as deplorable.

DocBarrister
Again. This is the first post on the subject in this thread from the Grand High Poobah of the He Man Trump Haters Club. FEBRUARY 26th.
IF iT BECOMES.....
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:11 am Well this is odd. Anyone care to explain how pneumonia deaths have dropped off the face of the earth this season?

Pneumonia.jpg
Interesting...where did you get this?

I see the legend says CDC...did they really misspell Pneumonia?
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:24 am
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:11 am Well this is odd. Anyone care to explain how pneumonia deaths have dropped off the face of the earth this season?

Pneumonia.jpg
Reposted for emphasis.
What are you and PB's hypotheses about the drop in pneumonia?

The first COVID-19 death in the US is around week 10. So the drop was happening before we had the coronavirus widespread.

I'd like to see more updated numbers, I'm assuming Week 11 hadn't been fully reported yet, but I'd love to see more info. We're in Week 14 now. Are these numbers revised as more causes of death get reported? Or are they real time?
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:30 am

Pneumonia.jpg

Whoever put the graph together misspelled it, not the CDC.

The data is here: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/weeklyar ... Data12.csv
The other link is here: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/

The main takeaway from that page is probably this:

"All data are preliminary and may change as more reports are received."

All the data from this year probably just hasn't been sent in yet from cities, towns and counties as things are a little hectic (especially since the end of 2019 is pretty close to the previous years). Or there's a conspiracy afoot. :lol:
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Pneumonia.jpg
You must have gotten that graphic from Faux News, it is fake.

A lie can travel halfway round the world while the truth is putting on its shoes - Mark Twain
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

holmes435 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:35 am

Pneumonia.jpg

All the data from this year probably just hasn't been sent in yet from cities, towns and counties as things are a little hectic (especially since the end of 2019 is pretty close to the previous years). Or there's a conspiracy afoot. :lol:

I was going to post that to MD, but since you did.

Also this (my misspell on file name; tough word to spell for petes, for pete's sake):

Pneumnonia Chart 1.jpg
Pneumnonia Chart 1.jpg (225.53 KiB) Viewed 1290 times
MDlaxfan76

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:29 am
DocBarrister wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:11 pm
6ftstick wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:43 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:43 pm Even if the actual number of coronavirus infection cases is double the “official” count of around 80,000, the mortality rate would still be 1,000 times that of “ordinary” flu. That’s pretty frightening.

This epidemic can still be managed, but we’re definitely on the cusp of a global pandemic. IF IT TRULY BECOMES A PANDEMIC then we’re talking about many thousands of additional deaths and a potential global recession.

DocBarrister :shock: :o
So Doc here's your first post in the thread. February 26th, You don't sound like your hairs on fire. Pretty reasoned. Where were you in January and February screaming Trump was a stumbling idiot.

Were were the democrats and their media amplifier in three debates prior to this withoutt a mention of this disease.

NYs health commissioner had already advised all NewYorkers to come to the Chinese New Year parade to show they were WOKE and not racists.

The Mayor of New Orleans another Democrat had pushed attendance at Mardi Gras.

And Trump had already closed the borders declared a public health emergency and put the coronavirus task force together.
I wasn’t the one getting national intelligence warnings since early January about the coming crisis ... and then ignoring them.

Should note that I was sounding more alarms on February 26 than Trump.

Your continued support of Trump can only be described as deplorable.

DocBarrister
Again. This is the first post on the subject in this thread from the Grand High Poobah of the He Man Trump Haters Club. FEBRUARY 26th.
IF iT BECOMES.....
sure, "if it truly becomes a pandemic was accurate"...following: "but we’re definitely on the cusp of a global pandemic"

This statement based solely on what the public was hearing at the time (Feb 26th), not the IC or the infectious disease experts. China had 3 days earlier announced a total lock down of Wuhan/Hubei Province and were reporting tens of thousands of infections, clearly community spread exponentially growing.

However, it remained murky to the public eye that week; this is why I say that I give a bit of a pass on our fumbling those very earliest days.

But not a week later and for the following 6 weeks. And not now.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:39 am

Pneumonia.jpg

Also this (my misspell on file name; tough word to spell for petes, for pete's sake):

Pneumnonia Chart 1.jpg
Not just your misspelling PB, it was misspelled right on the graph itself, the largest words on the graph.

Yup, sounds like someone with an agenda is circulating in social media their own 'work' not that actually of the CDC.

Thanks guys, for the explanation...looked fishy to me.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:42 am

Pneumonia.jpg

Pneumnonia Chart 1.jpg
Not just your misspelling PB, it was misspelled right on the graph itself, the largest words on the graph.

Yup, sounds like someone with an agenda is circulating in social media their own 'work' not that actually of the CDC.

The data is in the links...whoever rolled the graph misspelled, not the CDC website :roll:

My advice: do your own graph (takes 2 minutes from the Excel spreadsheet) if these two do not satisfy the anti-Trump agenda; who knows, you might be correct!
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Pneumnonia Chart 1.jpg
Not sure if you know this PB, when on a website and you see an image you want to post, simply right click, select "Copy Image Address", then on the tool bar in fanlax post editor, select the image icon, then select paste the link you copied in between the IMG brackets.

That also allows everyone to right click on the image and go to that webpage.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:50 am
Pneumnonia Chart 1.jpg
Not sure if you know this PB, when on a website and you see an image you want to post, simply right click, select "Copy Image Address", then on the tool bar in fanlax post editor, select the image icon, then select paste the link you copied in between the IMG brackets.

Gracias! I have always saved a photo, then uploaded from library, inline file attachment, blah blah blah. Pain in the arse tbh.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:52 am
youthathletics wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:50 am
Pneumnonia Chart 1.jpg

Gracias! I have always saved a photo, then uploaded from library, inline file attachment, blah blah blah. Pain in the arse tbh.
Option 2: You can also use this site....free. Once you upload the file, it will give you the bbcode format to to past in here as well.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:49 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:42 am

Pneumonia.jpg

Pneumnonia Chart 1.jpg

The data is in the links...whoever rolled the graph misspelled, not the CDC website :roll:

My advice: do your own graph (takes 2 minutes from the Excel spreadsheet) if these two do not satisfy the anti-Trump agenda; who knows, you might be correct!
I thought it was interesting and I understood why it would be so.

But whoever created it (not the CDC) was clearly sloppy enough to misspell the key word.
Seemed immediately obvious to me that this was not CDC provided analysis.

The additional clarifications by others looking more deeply explain the problem of making stuff up prematurely when data is incomplete.

So, have you answered my question, PB?
Where did YOU get that graph?

From your social media...if so, what was the attribution?
Fox News, another media outlet, or some unknown Twitter troll?
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

CU88 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:38 am

Pneumonia.jpg

A lie can travel halfway round the world while the truth is putting on its shoes - Mark Twain
Twain also said - "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

GAVIN NEWSOM IS AWFUL, THE WORST OF THE WORST, BLOOD ON HIS HANDS, aaaahhh-eeeeeeee! (John Dean scream, please)

Umm actually, I don't blame the governor for his state's abject failures on testing; he's doing his best, like everyone. But if I applied the same standard to Newsom that others here have applied to Ron DeSantis, can you imagine the catcalls and cries of 'blood on his hands'? :lol:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ogged.html

Onward.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Kismet wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:00 am

Pneumonia.jpg

Twain also said - "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."

The 'Death Instinct' duo arrive to save the day!

Scratch everything. We're all gonna die. :lol:

Back to work!
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:04 am

Pneumonia.jpg

The 'Death Instinct' duo arrive to save the day!

Scratch everything. We're all gonna die. :lol:

Back to work!
You remind me of one of my father's favorite lines - "Your head is so far up your ass its your adam's apple." ;)
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Pneumonia.jpg

He also said “it’s easier to fool people, than it is to convince them that they have been fooled”.....

Very true.
“I wish you would!”
RedFromMI

Re: All things COVID-19

Post by RedFromMI »

Coronavirus death toll: Americans are almost certainly dying of covid-19 but being left out of the official count
https://www.washingtonpost.com/investig ... story.html

Really good read on how the lack of testing misses a lot of deaths that are really due to the virus. Also, how the real death toll can be estimated...

(which unfortunately will be quite a bit higher than the "official" toll)

BTW, this is an actual problem for flu deaths as well.

Return to “POLITICS”