All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

MDlaxfan76

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:44 am More evidence is being reported, studies in progress, studies in the US, Italy, and yes China, are starting to show that transmission does occur by airborne virus. Smaller particulate packages than the so called droplets from sneezes, coughs, etc. Just exhaling produces these small particles. Still the major and most significant mechanism is droplets. This is a secondary method of transmission.

I would bet that when this is all said and done, a correlation will be found with air pollution levels. This does not mean you can't get it if you live in a relatively low pollution environment.

Disclaimer: This is not meant to scare Peanut Butters, snowflakes or Pollyannas. Feel free to ignore it if your belief system will not allow for such a possibility.
Is the air pollution theory that the particles somehow adhere to other, lighter 'pollution' particulate and remain airborne longer?

Everything I've seen suggests that yes there's tiny particulates from breathing, but it all is too heavy to remain airborne long. They don't know for sure though. But it does remain airborne long enough that a contained room full of CV infected, asymptomatic 'breathers' would indeed transmit infection easily, even if no coughing or sneezing.

I'd also doubt that Shanghai would have been so successful at muting spread if this was pollution correlated.

Seems like density would be correlated and being in contained rooms in tight proximity would be correlated (greater prevalence of such in colder months), and sure density would be correlated with pollution but not causal?
a fan

Post by a fan »

6ftstick wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:56 am And how much shyte is being thrown at the democrats. Again if your guess is higher than zero you'd be wrong.
So you, FoxNation, and millions of Republican voters aren't throwing anything at Dem leaders? Or weren't calling this whole virus a media frenzy intended to take Trump down....instead of a real global health emergency?

Come on. You post MSNBC and get upset that they're being negative....pretending that FoxNews doesn't get far, far higher ratings that MSBNC ever does, and doesn't do what MSNBC does.

You and I both know that if Obama was President, both you and Fox would be all over whatever Obama did. If you're going to be a partisan, that's great. But don't pretend that you don't do the same. exact. thing.

Maybe remember what this looks like, and how frustrated you are at the negativity when we get a D President.

I watched you and a ton of posters during Obama's reign tell us everything he did was wrong. And the world was falling apart. For 8 years, nothing but 24/7 messaging that America and the world was being destroyed.
njbill

Post by njbill »

CU88 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:17 am Doctors I would take medical advice from before Donald Trump:

Dr Suess
Dr Pepper
Dr Dre
Dr Demento
Dr Adam Bricker
Dr Hibbertt
"Dr" Nicholas Riviera
Dr Shrinker
Dr Doolittle
Doc Holliday
Doc Severinsen
Doc Dwarf
Hickory Dickory Dock
My sister's boat Dock

Major Frank Burns
Dr. J.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

a fan wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:08 am
6ftstick wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:56 am And how much shyte is being thrown at the democrats. Again if your guess is higher than zero you'd be wrong.
So you, FoxNation, and millions of Republican voters aren't throwing anything at Dem leaders? Or weren't calling this whole virus a media frenzy intended to take Trump down....instead of a real global health emergency?

Come on. You post MSNBC and get upset that they're being negative....pretending that FoxNews doesn't get far, far higher ratings that MSBNC ever does, and doesn't do what MSNBC does.

You and I both know that if Obama was President, both you and Fox would be all over whatever Obama did. If you're going to be a partisan, that's great. But don't pretend that you don't do the same. exact. thing.

Maybe remember what this looks like, and how frustrated you are at the negativity when we get a D President.

I watched you and a ton of posters during Obama's reign tell us everything he did was wrong. And the world was falling apart. For 8 years, nothing but 24/7 messaging that America and the world was being destroyed.
Im a poster on a Lacrosse forum.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:57 am
jhu72 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:44 am More evidence is being reported, studies in progress, studies in the US, Italy, and yes China, are starting to show that transmission does occur by airborne virus. Smaller particulate packages than the so called droplets from sneezes, coughs, etc. Just exhaling produces these small particles. Still the major and most significant mechanism is droplets. This is a secondary method of transmission.

I would bet that when this is all said and done, a correlation will be found with air pollution levels. This does not mean you can't get it if you live in a relatively low pollution environment.

Disclaimer: This is not meant to scare Peanut Butters, snowflakes or Pollyannas. Feel free to ignore it if your belief system will not allow for such a possibility.
Is the air pollution theory that the particles somehow adhere to other, lighter 'pollution' particulate and remain airborne longer?

Everything I've seen suggests that yes there's tiny particulates from breathing, but it all is too heavy to remain airborne long. They don't know for sure though. But it does remain airborne long enough that a contained room full of CV infected, asymptomatic 'breathers' would indeed transmit infection easily, even if no coughing or sneezing.

I'd also doubt that Shanghai would have been so successful at muting spread if this was pollution correlated.

Seems like density would be correlated and being in contained rooms in tight proximity would be correlated (greater prevalence of such in colder months), and sure density would be correlated with pollution but not causal?
The bit about air pollution is just my thought not included in current studies. Lots of molecules bigger than O2, N2, CO2 floating around, could act as a seed that grows a platform for the CV to attach in a mixing environment like the lungs. Probably depends on humidity as well, water vapor probably would contribute to the seed. Remember this is not the primary transmission. Is secondary. You have to have an existing infected base population before this mechanism would contribute significantly. Just speculation.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

njbill wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:10 am
CU88 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:17 am Doctors I would take medical advice from before Donald Trump:

Dr Suess
Dr Pepper
Dr Dre
Dr Demento
Dr Adam Bricker
Dr Hibbertt
"Dr" Nicholas Riviera
Dr Shrinker
Dr Doolittle
Doc Holliday
Doc Severinsen
Doc Dwarf
Hickory Dickory Dock
My sister's boat Dock

Major Frank Burns
Dr. J.
Dr Vinnie Boombatz, but I think he’s working for the administration. Last week I told Dr Boombatz I swallowed a bottle of sleeping pills. He told me to have a couple drinks and get some rest. He said he recently had six cases of VD, but he’s OK now.
Last edited by ardilla secreta on Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

6ftstick wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:12 am Im a poster on a Lacrosse forum.
As am I !

But you need to stop pretending like no one watches FoxNews, Rush, et. al.

Four out of the top five "news shows" are Fox. With Maddow coming in sixth.

Fox News Channel finished the quarter with its largest audience in network history among both total day and primetime viewers. FNC was the most-watched network among all of basic cable for the 15th straight quarter, averaging 1.9 million total day viewers.

The quarter also featured nonstop coverage of the Democratic primaries coverage, FOX’s unprecedented “iHeart Living Room Concert for America” and a record-setting virtual town hall with President Trump discussing the pandemic that attracted 4.4 million midday viewers, making it the most-watched town hall in cable news history.

“Hannity” averaged 4.2 million viewers and finished the quarter as the most-watched cable news program, followed by “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” which averaged 4 million viewers. “The Five, “The Ingraham Angle” and “Special Report with Bret Baier” rounded out the top five, with MSNBC’s “The Rachel Maddow Show” finishing sixth.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/fox-news- ... st-history
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

a fan wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:16 am As am I !

But you need to stop pretending like no one watches FoxNews, Rush, et. al.

Four out of the top five "news shows" are Fox. With Maddow coming in sixth.

Fox News Channel finished the quarter with its largest audience in network history among both total day and primetime viewers. FNC was the most-watched network among all of basic cable for the 15th straight quarter, averaging 1.9 million total day viewers.

The quarter also featured nonstop coverage of the Democratic primaries coverage, FOX’s unprecedented “iHeart Living Room Concert for America” and a record-setting virtual town hall with President Trump discussing the pandemic that attracted 4.4 million midday viewers, making it the most-watched town hall in cable news history.

“Hannity” averaged 4.2 million viewers and finished the quarter as the most-watched cable news program, followed by “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” which averaged 4 million viewers. “The Five, “The Ingraham Angle” and “Special Report with Bret Baier” rounded out the top five, with MSNBC’s “The Rachel Maddow Show” finishing sixth.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/fox-news- ... st-history
NY Times, Washington Post, NPR, PBS, CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS............yep its equal
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Dr Suess
Dr Pepper
Dr Dre
Dr Demento
Dr Adam Bricker
Dr Hibbertt
"Dr" Nicholas Riviera
Dr Shrinker
Dr Doolittle
Doc Holliday
Doc Severinsen
Doc Dwarf
Hickory Dickory Dock
My sister's boat Dock

Major Frank Burns
Dr. J.
Dr. Teeth :lol:
tech37

Post by tech37 »

ardilla secreta wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:16 am

Dr Suess
Dr Pepper
Dr Dre
Dr Demento
Dr Adam Bricker
Dr Hibbertt
"Dr" Nicholas Riviera
Dr Shrinker
Dr Doolittle
Doc Holliday
Doc Severinsen
Doc Dwarf
Hickory Dickory Dock
My sister's boat Dock

Major Frank Burns
Dr. J.
Dr Vinnie Boombatz, but I think he’s working for the administration. Last week I told Dr Boombatz I swallowed a bottle of sleeping pills. He told me to have a couple drinks and get some rest. He said he recently had six cases of VD, but he’s OK now.
Not that I agree with you clowns but you're forgetting... Dr. Dirty (John Valby) :D
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:19 am

Dr Suess
Dr Pepper
Dr Dre
Dr Demento
Dr Adam Bricker
Dr Hibbertt
"Dr" Nicholas Riviera
Dr Shrinker
Dr Doolittle
Doc Holliday
Doc Severinsen
Doc Dwarf
Hickory Dickory Dock
My sister's boat Dock

Major Frank Burns
Dr. J.
Dr. Teeth :lol:
Dr. Doom
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

But not Dr. Borstein. "If elected, Mr. Trump, I can state unequivocally, will be the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency."
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Laxgunea wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:36 am But not Dr. Borstein. "If elected, Mr. Trump, I can state unequivocally, will be the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency."
:lol:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:40 pm

Incompetent
Gotta think of Georgia like NYS. There’s NYC and everything else. There’s Atlanta and everything else. Different worlds for each. You don’t hear a southern accent like Kemp’s around Atlanta for the most part, my wife’s family (the one that founded Furman and has the history book like family tree) tells me those are low class, “improper” southern accents. He’s from Athens, UGA territory, pretty rural especially if you are raised there, has some bank fraud issues banging around behind the scenes, initially was appointed to his last job (which is elected) and won gov over a nobody’s ever heard of Atlanta centered black woman (which is problematic if you get up to N Ga, or anywhere from Macon south in the state) with 50.2% of the vote. As Atlanta continues to grow through net positive migration folks like this are DONE. But it’ll probably take another 2-3 election cycles.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:50 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:47 am
6ftstick wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:35 am 3 interesting dates

February 7, 2020

February 19, 2020

February 25, 2020

Three democrat party primary debates. All after Trump closed the borders to Chinese New Year travelers.

How many questions from a concerned media about Corona virus.

What democrat candidate brought it up for discussion and debate.

If your guess is higher than ZERO. You're wrong
You know, someone whose job it is to tell the candidate (or POTUS) that a situation is coming of epic proportions needing planning and first actions immediately?
How about the people asking the freakin questions THE MSM.
They were asking those questions of those who actually got the intelligence briefings and the experts and officials put forward...you know, the folks in authority.

That said, it sure would have been interesting if they'd asked during the debates. But what a miserable structure that was for any considered discussion of most anything, short little responses and retorts to one another...
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:46 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:40 pm

Incompetent
Gotta think of Georgia like NYS. There’s NYC and everything else. There’s Atlanta and everything else. Different worlds for each. You don’t hear a southern accent like Kemp’s around Atlanta for the most part, my wife’s family (the one that founded Furman and has the history book like family tree) tells me those are low class, “improper” southern accents. He’s from Athens, UGA territory, pretty rural especially if you are raised there, has some bank fraud issues banging around behind the scenes, initially was appointed to his last job (which is elected) and won gov over a nobody’s ever heard of Atlanta centered black woman (which is problematic if you get up to N Ga, or anywhere from Macon south in the state) with 50.2% of the vote. As Atlanta continues to grow through net positive migration folks like this are DONE. But it’ll probably take another 2-3 election cycles.
Yes. I have plenty of transplanted friends in and around Atlanta. My brother lived there.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

tech37 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:24 am
ardilla secreta wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:16 am

Dr Suess
Dr Pepper
Dr Dre
Dr Demento
Dr Adam Bricker
Dr Hibbertt
"Dr" Nicholas Riviera
Dr Shrinker
Dr Doolittle
Doc Holliday
Doc Severinsen
Doc Dwarf
Hickory Dickory Dock
My sister's boat Dock

Major Frank Burns
Dr. J.
Not that I agree with you clowns but you're forgetting... Dr. Dirty (John Valby) :D
Your a damn genious 37. How could we have forgotten the dirty doctor? Eat, bite, suck f**k, gobble nibble chew nipple bosom hair pie finger f**k screw. Dr Valby would always say before every performance that no matter who you were or were you came from he would have insulted you in the 1st five minutes of his show. He always lived up to that promise. If you are some hypersensitive FLP candyass you should stay far away from Dr John Valby. :lol:
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Dr Suess
Dr Pepper
Dr Dre
Dr Demento
Dr Adam Bricker
Dr Hibbertt
"Dr" Nicholas Riviera
Dr Shrinker
Dr Doolittle
Doc Holliday
Doc Severinsen
Doc Dwarf
Hickory Dickory Dock
My sister's boat Dock

Major Frank Burns
What about George Clinton? Doctor of P Funk, Parliament Funkadelic!
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:47 am

February 7, 2020

February 19, 2020

February 25, 2020

Three democrat party primary debates. All after Trump closed the borders to Chinese New Year travelers.

You know, someone whose job it is to tell the candidate (or POTUS) that a situation is coming of epic proportions needing planning and first actions immediately?
They were asking those questions of those who actually got the intelligence briefings and the experts and officials put forward...you know, the folks in authority.

That said, it sure would have been interesting if they'd asked during the debates. But what a miserable structure that was for any considered discussion of most anything, short little responses and retorts to one another...
"They were asking those questions of those who actually got the intelligence briefings and the experts and officials put forward...you know, the folks in authority."

Thank you MD for my laugh of the day. You lost me after intelligence briefings and experts. :lol: :lol: :lol: The folks in authority here are about as knowledgeable as those bums on the corner with their homeless/hungry/godbless signs.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:57 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:47 am

February 7, 2020

February 19, 2020

February 25, 2020

"They were asking those questions of those who actually got the intelligence briefings and the experts and officials put forward...you know, the folks in authority."

Thank you MD for my laugh of the day. You lost me after intelligence briefings and experts. :lol: :lol: :lol: The folks in authority here are about as knowledgeable as those bums on the corner with their homeless/hungry/godbless signs.
On that, we'd indeed agree, knuckleheads...though sure would have liked more Fauci early on, unmuzzled.
Problem is, no actual authority for the scientists.

When you again and again and again reject science and for that matter pretty much any expertise...

Return to “POLITICS”