All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

old salt

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:32 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:26 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:48 pm The media hid FDR's paralysis his entire Presidency.
Trump would be called a liar for trying to conceal it from the public.
How was FDR's messaging on the internment camps ?
Not just FDR. Literally all presidents lie. Most every, if not every, politician lies. It's just a reality of the industry. With this said, Trump's lying is not like most anything we've seen before. Certainly in my life time. Politicians have had bigger lies. but in terms of how blatant the lies are and how often they're shared, Trump is off the charts.
The "media hid FDR's paralysis"????
BS.

There was NO ONE who didn't know of FDR's physical issue.
The degree of pain he was in, probably not, but absolutely everyone knew he was in a wheel chair.
Show us contemporary media images of FDR in a wheelchair.
https://www.businessinsider.com/how-fdr ... ing-2019-4
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

I remember Bush had to send everyone checks after messing up but Obama?
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
DocBarrister

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by DocBarrister »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:54 pm I’m watching this task force press conference.

I know you TDS-afflicted are gonna hate to hear this, but Trump is finding his footing. He seems like he actually understands some virus specifics that most people don’t, which I’d normally not expect out of him. I know you yahoos will fillet him regardless but the voters are likely recognizing this.

Also, Dr Birx is a rockstar.

Most of today’s media are actually asking legitimate non-gotcha questions.
We needed Trump to find his footing two months ago.

What is unfolding now is one of the great tragedies in American history ... a tragedy brought about by Trump’s incompetence and malignant narcissism.

It is not possible to catch up to a pandemic like this. Tens of thousands of Americans, maybe over a hundred thousand, will go to their graves because Trump prized his political interests over the safety and welfare of the American people.

Trump’s malfeasance will long be remembered as one of the great criminal acts in American history.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

DocBarrister wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:25 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:54 pm I’m watching this task force press conference.

I know you TDS-afflicted are gonna hate to hear this, but Trump is finding his footing. He seems like he actually understands some virus specifics that most people don’t, which I’d normally not expect out of him. I know you yahoos will fillet him regardless but the voters are likely recognizing this.

What is unfolding now is one of the great tragedies in American history ... a tragedy brought about by Trump’s incompetence and malignant narcissism.

It is not possible to catch up to a pandemic like this. Tens of thousands of Americans, maybe over a hundred thousand, will go to their graves because Trump prized his political interests over the safety and welfare of the American people.

Trump’s malfeasance will long be remembered as one of the great criminal acts in American history.

DocBarrister
CHINA’s malfeasance will long be remembered as one of the great criminal acts in American history.
DocBarrister

Wear Cloth Masks in Public

Post by DocBarrister »

New CDC/White House Guidance:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2 ... yreversal/

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Trump realized that the stations were cutting away, so he says less, let's others answer, and mixes in some Q&A along the way.

Birx seems to be the real deal...walks the fine line while making her point. 'Where all the masks you want...you can still get it....false sense of security'.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

6ftstick wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:27 pm

DocBarrister
CHINA’s malfeasance will long be remembered as one of the great criminal acts in American history.
China’s crimes do not excuse Trump’s.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:35 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:20 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:33 pm
holmes435 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:28 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:15 pm
3rdPersonPlural wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:04 pm Some people are sticking close to home. Others aren't. God bless the south.

It’s amazing to see liberals here repost a map where the guy who put it up originally is absolutely getting slaughtered on Twitter, causing him to retract the original thesis. The real problem is finding liberals who are NOT filled with hate, rage, or snark against those they think are inferior to them.

UHHH, 3rd person, not sure liberals can wrap their brains around the idea that grocery stores and places of work in rural areas are often more than two miles away. Not everyone has access to a corner bodega.
UHHH, buddy, not sure you can wrap your brain around the idea that it's not a map of how far people travel. It's a map of overall travel of the same people one week vs. the week prior.

I'll try to put it in terms you can understand. If you normally travel 2 miles in a week going back and forth from your corner bodega and now you still travel 2 miles in a week, it's gonna be dark red. If you normally travel 100 miles in a week to the Family Dollar a county over and now travel 0, it's gonna be light gray.

You need a remedial course in map analysis. Stat.

(fully expected btw, you're a Dem, an autodidact seething with a class warfare virus)
Maybe it's not map reading, it's simple reading? ;)

Here's what the map itself says, right on it!

Where people were still traveling last week
Percent change in average travel for the week of March 23, compared with travel before the coronavirus outbreak.

Want more info?
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... ncing.html

Holmes explained this to you, probably assuming you might actually read the map legend before dismissing again.
All I see are pretty pastels. The only map reading i was ever proficient at was following a direction on a topographical map. Give me a compass and a heading in degrees and i will find my way there. If you want a brain challenge, try and look at a topographical map and relate it to what you are seeing. Elevation, rivers,streams maybe permanent impact areas that intersect your destination. I do remember all of the fire breaks in the boonies of Ft Bragg and the north/south and east /west grid patterns they were laid out in. Our maps did not have all the pretty colors. 8-)
cradle, sounds like you have some PTSD from that map experience, so lemme help you out.
Read what I bolded above from Holmes and then what I bolded and expanded, which is the map legend.

Always look at the map legend...
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:20 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:32 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:26 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:48 pm The media hid FDR's paralysis his entire Presidency.
Trump would be called a liar for trying to conceal it from the public.
How was FDR's messaging on the internment camps ?
Not just FDR. Literally all presidents lie. Most every, if not every, politician lies. It's just a reality of the industry. With this said, Trump's lying is not like most anything we've seen before. Certainly in my life time. Politicians have had bigger lies. but in terms of how blatant the lies are and how often they're shared, Trump is off the charts.
The "media hid FDR's paralysis"????
BS.

There was NO ONE who didn't know of FDR's physical issue.
The degree of pain he was in, probably not, but absolutely everyone knew he was in a wheel chair.
Show us contemporary media images of FDR in a wheelchair.
https://www.businessinsider.com/how-fdr ... ing-2019-4
That's indeed true, he didn't want that image of him.
Took great pains to avoid it.
But it was nevertheless widely known.
The pain was not widely known.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Ahh South Carolina. Maybe I should stay up north, except I have young children at home w a full time working mom and no school for the rest of the year in Ga now.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/picture ... qGX-XA_Arc
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DocBarrister wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:35 pm

DocBarrister

DocBarrister
3,000 provincial (Hubei) and a few federal bureaucrats lost their jobs over the initial delay in reporting. Not that their system doesn't 'encourage' holding back bad news, but they sent quite the message in the aftermath. Note that if you are fired from a government/Party job, you will have a very difficult time finding any other job...maybe sweeping streets.

Who is getting fired over the US foul up?
Well, let's fire the ship commander blowing the whistle...that's akin to firing the Chinese doc who blew the whistle (and subsequently died).
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

A new recommendation on wearing masks when going out in public is supposed to be announced soon.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:49 pm This lady should be arrested: https://www.instagram.com/p/B-flAzhnSn_ ... vnrpy7f7u1
very weird. So weird it almost looks like some sort of joke.
But if not!

Gotta be a whack job, yes she should go to jail or a mental institution.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:51 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:35 pm

DocBarrister

DocBarrister
3,000 provincial (Hubei) and a few federal bureaucrats lost their jobs over the initial delay in reporting. Not that their system doesn't 'encourage' holding back bad news, but they sent quite the message in the aftermath. Note that if you are fired from a government/Party job, you will have a very difficult time finding any other job...maybe sweeping streets.

Who is getting fired over the US foul up?
Well, let's fire the ship commander blowing the whistle...that's akin to firing the Chinese doc who blew the whistle (and subsequently died).
China good. trump Bad.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

U.S. Navy Relieves Commander Of Coronavirus-stricken Aircraft Carrier, Report Says

Cause HECK, cain't have any Deep State Sea Swabbies back-stabbin the Very Serious Genius!

edit: Well, this thread is moving so fast...guess this was cross posted over at National Security, where a certain Ancient Mariner is AGAIN being exposed as a serious serial hypocrite...figures...

Last edited by dislaxxic on Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
njbill

Post by njbill »

Trinity wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:18 pm Mnuchin said "When Obama sent out these checks it took months and months, I'm going to get them out in weeks" (paraphrasing).

What Obama checks is he talking about?
Yeah, I haven’t gotten mine yet and it’s been years and years.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

njbill wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:38 pm
Trinity wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:18 pm Mnuchin said "When Obama sent out these checks it took months and months, I'm going to get them out in weeks" (paraphrasing).

What Obama checks is he talking about?
Yeah, I haven’t gotten mine yet and it’s been years and years.
Where mine at!???
“I wish you would!”
njbill

Post by njbill »

It’s outrageous. I’m never voting for Obama again.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

njbill wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:54 pm It’s outrageous. I’m never voting for Obama again.
Where is my free stuff!!!
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”