All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

runrussellrun

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by runrussellrun »

Who is paying for all these test kits?

Is there a CENTRAL, like a CENTER, that has information on how to obtain a test in your county? What if you have ZERO health insurance? Do you get tested, regardless.

A link would be appreciated.........

.....but, alas....I am DUHfending someone. boyz will be boys, afterall. TLD, you SURE you are NOT friends with tRump? sounds like you are..
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Andersen

Post by Andersen »

As someone more familiar with the subject—If we continue on our current shut down how soon do you think before we're all in a second great depression?

6.8 MILLION seeking unemployment in todays report.
I sure don't claim to have any special knowledge of this whatsoever but it sure doesn't look promising. My understanding is that a Depression is defined by unemployment. There are so many variables in these situations for sure and as always, "Comparisons are odious". The economy of 2020 is very different than the economy of 1929-1933. There were many safe guards instituted during the New Deal. Unfortunately a number have been rolled back in the last 30 years. I don't see how the current trends and outlook won't create very significant unemployment. That's what I can contribute. I feel way out of my depth, but that is what I can add.

Additionally, I truly do learn so much more on LaxPower than anywhere else. I was very concerned that I might lose this before the Back-Up Stick arrived.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:35 am
6ftstick wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:30 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:27 am
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:48 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:42 am
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:34 am
Matnum PI wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:30 am
foreverlax wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:19 am
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:23 am SO, forever STOP posting.......any of you....if you can't list 5 things that the POTUSA should have done differently.
While we are waiting, Trump could have simply kept his MF mouth shut...but no, he had to tell us his lies.
We don't need 5 reasons. We need one. And that one is precisely what Forever is saying. Trump lied. It's the staple of his presidency, of his life. Lying. He put how he would look, how the market would react ahead of people's health, people's lives. And, as a direct consequence, the US's reaction to this virus was slower than necessary.
Joe Biden can improve on the USA medical communities response, to ANY pandemic, by repeating, over and over, "tRump lied"

got it. :roll:
You defense, non defense of Trump has been non stop. Hi Kellyanne
Notice you don't reply the same to WGDRS.............you really don't think people are sick of the useless, non productive, TDS?

Out of 200 plus pages , how much "information" that will help protect our neighbors, or older folks, has been presented in this thread. 5%....would be HIGH. You and yours lowering invest/MGMT fees to help , TLD
You have defended him 100% of the time other than the “I really don’t like him, but”
And youve been bleating about him for 4 years. Fake scandal after fake scandal. Coming up empty time and time again. Of course you'll use death and dying Americans cause you got nothing else.
That's right. A "democrat hoax".
Once again for the Trump deranged.

The virus is real. The lefts assessment of the Trump administrations performance is a hoax.
Last edited by 6ftstick on Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:23 am SO, forever STOP posting.......any of you....if you can't list 5 things that the POTUSA should have done differently.
While we are waiting, Trump could have simply kept his MF mouth shut...but no, he had to tell us his lies.
We don't need 5 reasons. We need one. And that one is precisely what Forever is saying. Trump lied. It's the staple of his presidency, of his life. Lying. He put how he would look, how the market would react ahead of people's health, people's lives. And, as a direct consequence, the US's reaction to this virus was slower than necessary.
Joe Biden can improve on the USA medical communities response, to ANY pandemic, by repeating, over and over, "tRump lied"

Notice you don't reply the same to WGDRS.............you really don't think people are sick of the useless, non productive, TDS?

Out of 200 plus pages , how much "information" that will help protect our neighbors, or older folks, has been presented in this thread. 5%....would be HIGH. You and yours lowering invest/MGMT fees to help , TLD
You have defended him 100% of the time other than the “I really don’t like him, but”
Actually, I've found that there's been an immense amount of useful information and analysis on here, a swift curation of what the scientists are finding, what the politicians are saying, how people are reacting, in the US, in my state, in other states, in other countries.

Often preceding what we see on TV and/or in more depth.

That flow of information, including the perspectives of those with whom I disagree, has influenced my choices and that of my family to the better, and it has given me great concern about what some of my neighbors are doing, those who chose to listen to the naysayers as to the seriousness of the impending calamity. I've known that I and my family have been and likely will be at greater risk due to those choices of others. Which impacts my choices, my resolve to avoid them.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:43 am

And youve been bleating about him for 4 years. Fake scandal after fake scandal. Coming up empty time and time again. Of course you'll use death and dying Americans cause you got nothing else.

The virus is real. The lefts assessment to the Trump administration is a hoax.
In Trump cult-world, critical = hoax.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Andersen wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:22 am As people are understandably talking about The Great Depression I thought I'd share what I think are three of the best books written about the topic. It is a subject I've always been strongly engaged with, especially since growing up with so many first-hand stories from my parents and others.

1. The American People in the Great Depression: Freedom from Fear, Part One by David Kennedy

2. The Great Depression: America 1929-1941 by Robert McElvaine

3. The Great Depression: America in the 1930s by T. H. Watkins
Thanks
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:27 am tRump was a TV "star" in the year 2010, no? (bold/Itl mine )

Ten years ago, the medical community KNEW we had a shortage. Did nothing ;) .....but apply for more RE$earch grants to watch their 990 investment income reach the billions......

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21149215

Mechanical ventilators in US acute care hospitals.
Rubinson L1, Vaughn F, Nelson S, Giordano S, Kallstrom T, Buckley T, Burney T, Hupert N, Mutter R, Handrigan M, Yeskey K, Lurie N, Branson R.
Author information

Abstract
OBJECTIVE:
The supply and distribution of mechanical ventilation capacity is of profound importance for planning for severe public health emergencies. However, the capability of US health systems to provide mechanical ventilation for children and adults remains poorly quantified. The objective of this study was to determine the quantity of adult and pediatric mechanical ventilators at US acute care hospitals.

METHODS:
A total of 5,752 US acute care hospitals included in the 2007 American Hospital Association database were surveyed. We measured the quantities of mechanical ventilators and their features.

RESULTS:
Responding to the survey were 4305 (74.8%) hospitals, which accounted for 83.8% of US intensive care unit beds. Of the 52,118 full-feature mechanical ventilators owned by respondent hospitals, 24,204 (46.4%) are pediatric/neonatal capable. Accounting for nonrespondents, we estimate that there are 62,188 full-feature mechanical ventilators owned by US acute care hospitals. The median number of full-feature mechanical ventilators per 100,000 population for individual states is 19.7 (interquartile ratio 17.2-23.1), ranging from 11.9 to 77.6. The median number of pediatric-capable device full-feature mechanical ventilators per 100,000 population younger than 14 years old is 52.3 (interquartile ratio 43.1-63.9) and the range across states is 22.1 to 206.2. In addition, respondent hospitals reported owning 82,755 ventilators other than full-feature mechanical ventilators; we estimate that there are 98,738 devices other than full-feature ventilators at all of the US acute care hospitals.

CONCLUSIONS:
The number of mechanical ventilators per US population exceeds those reported by other developed countries, but there is wide variation across states in the population-adjusted supply. There are considerably more pediatric-capable ventilators than there are for adults only on a population-adjusted basis.

Comment in
Survey of mechanical ventilators in US acute care hospitals: a baseline for critical care surge capacity planning. [Disaster Med Public Health Prep. 2010]

blaming ANY politician, first...and often.....is pathetic.

;) according to "sources", the USA has 150-160k ventalotors......that is 100k more than in 2010. Has our population increased by that same percentage, or demographics (living longer, older ) ?

What are the numbers for adequate ventolators? 500k? What does billy bath Gates and the MElinda found somation have to say about that? He has NO college degree, why listen to that type of person who can't finish something as important as obtaining a college diploma?
.. right. The medical community knew, the management, "owners", knew and the politicians knew. Anyone in the public who was paying attention knew. Then we had guys like you. If you had heard, it was just another scam, a way to steal your money. Another "the elite's" vs you hoax. :roll:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

[/quote]

The virus is real. The lefts assessment of the Trump administrations performance is a hoax.
[/quote]

George Conway's take above and he isn't close to being a democrat. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Wouldn’t it be funny if secretly Bandito or 6ft were KellyAnne and Doc was George having taken over those accounts?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Andersen wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:43 am
As someone more familiar with the subject—If we continue on our current shut down how soon do you think before we're all in a second great depression?

6.8 MILLION seeking unemployment in todays report.
I sure don't claim to have any special knowledge of this whatsoever but it sure doesn't look promising. My understanding is that a Depression is defined by unemployment. There are so many variables in these situations for sure and as always, "Comparisons are odious". The economy of 2020 is very different than the economy of 1929-1933. There were many safe guards instituted during the New Deal. Unfortunately a number have been rolled back in the last 30 years. I don't see how the current trends and outlook won't create very significant unemployment. That's what I can contribute. I feel way out of my depth, but that is what I can add.

Additionally, I truly do learn so much more on LaxPower than anywhere else. I was very concerned that I might lose this before the Back-Up Stick arrived.

+1

Seems to me that we in for a prolonged tail after this shock, some significant reordering of behaviors and priorities that will likely be ongoing drags on the economy, both in the US and globally. And the latter is critical for us to return to full economic strength.

At least for a few years. On the other hand, some of that reordering may ultimately be highly creative and productive, so there could be an upside.

The magnitude of the shock will depend on the magnitude and duration of the health threat, and we don't really know whether that will diminish substantially or when. But highly likely eventually.

But I don't think that this will be a 5 year or 10 year Depression with ongoing 20+% unemployment for years on end.
Really, really rough in the meantime though.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

oh please

As commanderinchief Trump orders the Army corps of engineers to build state of the art temporary hospitals in multiple cities cross the country.
(ex. 2900 bed hospital in Javits center in NY)—Up and operational in 3.5 days. TRUMP SUCKS

As commanderinchief Trump orders deployment of two hospital ships 1000 beds in each complete with staff and supplies—they arrive in port weeks ahead of schedule—TRUMP SUCKS

Trump assembles Coronavirus Task force full of remarkable credible and highly credentialed professionals and gives them full reign is daily press conferences—TRUMP SUCKS

Trump issues Travel ban in January to halt massive Chinese New Year immigration—TRUMP SUCKS and TRUMPS A ZENOPHOBE

The list goes on and your response will be the same for each line item.
Last edited by 6ftstick on Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andersen

Post by Andersen »

some significant reordering of behaviors and priorities that will likely be ongoing drags on the economy, both in the US and globally. And the latter is critical for us to return to full economic strength.
Read this at breakfast, gives some perspective:

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/ ... EyNDM1MQS2
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

CU88 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:09 am How??????
No

Georgia Gov. Kemp says he just recently learned asymptomatic people could transmit coronavirus: "We didn't know that until the last 24 hours."

https://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch ... d_ms_tw_ma

He should resign today!
I have a friend who has Kemp on speed dial. He was a suburb/exurb of Atlanta (which can be pretty far removed from city living) who’s last job is appointed rather than elected in many states and otherwise has been trying to climb to this gig since college. He’s a doughnut but so has most of the politician I’ve come across in Georgia since moving down there ten years ago. Mostly backslapping gimps. Don’t forget Tom Price, current senator was a hottie who married the CEO of ICE (exchange that trades derivatives), MiMedx, Purdue, etc. Current mayor of Atlanta is super basic, Kasim Reed was a national figure until reality sets in, just as it will with Stacey Abrams who won’t fare better in the future than Beto or Jon Ossof.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

6ftstick wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:22 am
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:23 am
a fan wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:48 am A nurse who lives two doors down said this is happening at her hospital----because so many people are rightly staying away from hospitals, surgeries and visits and checkups are all being cancelled. The hospital's response? Lay off the doctors, or dock their pay.

Truth is alway stranger than fiction.....

https://www.newsweek.com/utah-medical-p ... btRl7DCiuw
Looks someone may be following the money.......

...YUP, this situation fall squarely on our MEDICAL community. Anyone blaming "politicians", especially those in the medical community.....ARE the problem.

Licensing reciprocity....that issue covered by Event 201/Matnums 69 page nothingness :roll: ...........why is the medical community dragging its feet? (any lawyers think NO law suit will happen if a medical person from, say Kentucky, goes to help out in NYC ? Please....thanks oligarchy. You're so smart, you didn't check to see if it has gas .

1 of 5 family that are MD's, works at a "top" hospital in Boston. Has 1700 "patients" (all OLD people ) .......wtheck

Lots of low paid cna's in Boston area hospitals and "nursing homes", the actual RN's type all day. It's sad....but DOC don't care, he's got a locked neighorhood. No nurses can GET into DocBarristers gated community.

$7 million, $4million & lots of $2-$1 million NOT profit INSURANCE salaries.........you think the "top" docs at Colorado blue cross are cutting their multi million dollar salaries? They don't even touch patients, any longer. Hence...the rub. Doctors stay quiet, hoping to land administration jobs. Nurses? Well, we all nurses are like the enlisted ranks (military)...how many ENLISTED guys sit on the Joint chief of Staffs? Exactly

Medical community cared NOT that much equipment made in china. As long as their 401K is getting fat.....who cares.

To DOC. SO clueless. When you have staunch SHAYSIANS like me (TAATS), and then others, most recently WGRDS (heard they were closing Fells Point Green Turtle, boy does Batlimoier live in perpetual lousy. ) .....it's NOT defending tRump......it is asking questions so "mistakes" , as you claim, won't happen again. No matter WHICH taats calls Penn. Ave. home for 4 years.

SO, forever STOP posting.......any of you....if you can't list 5 things that the POTUSA should have done differently.
As someone who has zero expertise, I'll wait for the experts to confirm what we did wrong.

'All we have to fear is fear itself"—WAS A LIE

And FDR told lies for the next 7 years while the depression and 20% unemployment continued. According to you he he should have kept his MF mouth shut.
Most people can deal with uncertainty, if they have the facts.

Trump is a liar and has been lying from day 1.

FDR? :lol:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

It hit home for me today. I just got laid off until we get over this thing. Funny that with all the bennies on the table right now I still be making more money while I am unemployed. The sad thing is that the casinos are not open.😭
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:03 am It hit home for me today. I just got laid off until we get over this thing. Funny that with all the bennies on the table right now I still be making more money while I am unemployed. The sad thing is that the casinos are not open.😭
keep the faith!
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:03 am It hit home for me today. I just got laid off until we get over this thing. Funny that with all the bennies on the table right now I still be making more money while I am unemployed. The sad thing is that the casinos are not open.😭
Since you have some time on your hands....
Can you fill us in on the two hospital execs (one at Roswell Park) doin the Trump derangement dance and hoping Trump supporters contract the Covid virus.
Think one was fired or put on leave the others about to be disciplined.
Last edited by 6ftstick on Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Kismet wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:49 am George Conway's take above and he isn't close to being a democrat. :lol: :lol: :lol:

George is no longer a Republican, either.

For the time being, his sole grift is being anti-Trump. He abandoned any pretense of having a core principle, reducing himself (as so many anti-Trump folks do) to what he professes to so dislike in Trump: a one-note, unprincipled opportunist.

Carry on.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

6ftstick wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:59 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:45 am
6ftstick wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:43 am

oh please

As commanderinchief Trump orders the Army corps of engineers to build state of the art temporary hospitals in multiple cities cross the country.
(ex. 2900 bed hospital in Javits center in NY)—Up and operational in 3.5 days. TRUMP SUCKS -- what president would not? I recall no one saying "bad Trump" for doing this.

As commanderinchief Trump orders deployment of two hospital ships 1000 beds in each complete with staff and supplies—they arrive in port weeks ahead of schedule—TRUMP SUCKS -- what president would not? I recall no one saying "bad Trump" for doing this. There was a question of whether the schedule would be met, and that was directed at the military, not HIS NIBS.

Trump assembles Coronavirus Task force full of remarkable credible and highly credentialed professionals and gives them full reign is daily press conferences—TRUMP SUCKS -- what president would not, except, Fauci is not given free reign and Birx is a kiss ass. Fauci has to go to other outlets to be free to speak his mind. He will be fired at the soonest possible moment, just like anyone else who disagrees with HIS NIBS.

Trump issues Travel ban in January to halt massive Chinese New Year immigration—TRUMP SUCKS and TRUMPS A ZENOPHOBE -- Trump did this after the Chinese had already shutdown their country. He can't be blamed for not shutting it down sooner, but his claim that he saved America is over the top. What other presidents would have done, I can only guess.

The list goes on and your response will be the same for each line item.
Trump gets himself in trouble. He has no one else to blame. He would fare a lot better if he would tone down the constant "I am the greatest" horseshlt and disband his Greek Chorus of ass kissers. Trump does occasionally get praise from people who do indeed know Trump sucks.
Last edited by jhu72 on Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Hang in there and best of luck. We will all get through it.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”

Return to “POLITICS”