All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Peter Brown

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by Peter Brown »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:27 am
Trinity wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:12 am "I don't know how our government operates anymore," said one Republican close to the administration, lamenting that the sudden authority granted to non-governmental actors had left them with their "eyebrow raised unbelievably high."

Behind the scenes, Jared is in charge.
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/0 ... nse-160553
.......no kidding. Us SHaysians have known this for 6 weeks. And you continue to harp on "HIM". It's 2020, NOT 1933, or whenever "that" event happened in Berlin. Knives, dark.....deaTHS.

"All these OLD people, dying, were costing the US tax payer a fortune anyway".........says a source in the WH.

97%+ of who this virus kills:

over 80
Male
COPD
Heart Disease
Obese

But my media keeps telling me everyone is gonna die?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:49 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:49 pm
6ftstick wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:29 pm Anyone heard any info on how many people with underlying conditions are dying from those issues and not coronavirus.

Nearly nine million people die annually from Heart disease, 3 million from lung disease, 3 million more from pneumonia etc—are they really dying from corona virus.
Don't worry, its all a "democrat hoax". :lol:
Source: ISS Italy National Health Institute,

This new study could provide insight into why Italy’s death rate, at about 8% of total infected people, is higher than in other countries.

The Rome-based institute has examined medical records of about 18% of the country’s coronavirus fatalities, finding that just three victims, or 0.8% of the total, had no previous pathology. Almost half of the victims suffered from at least three prior illnesses and about a fourth had either one or two previous conditions.

More than 75% had high blood pressure, about 35% had diabetes and a third suffered from heart disease.

The Chinese have been reporting this since the beginning. The CDC has known this since the beginning. If you are just now finding out that comorbidities play an outsized roll, you haven't been paying attention. The study is good because it gives better measurements, but the fact that comorbidities play a big roll is not news.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Well, JHU72....maybe it's news to HIM. Or anyone. You log in to chastice someone for providing information? what is wrong with you?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

old salt wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:09 am
a fan wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:48 am A nurse who lives two doors down said this is happening at her hospital----because so many people are rightly staying away from hospitals, surgeries and visits and checkups are all being cancelled. The hospital's response? Lay off the doctors, or dock their pay.

Truth is alway stranger than fiction.....

https://www.newsweek.com/utah-medical-p ... btRl7DCiuw
I hear they're hiring in NYC.
I told my wife's story two weeks ago. Her HMO has shutdown all "preventative medicine". This is 50% of their business. They have taken the staff and have everyone working half time. Not a problem for many / most docs. They have huge backlogs of vacation time saved up. Younger physicians may see a problem. Her organization has used this time to "rest the forces". They are now setting up schedules to get everyone back to full or near full time. They have shutdown half of their offices in the Baltimore-Washington area, temporarily, and the other half been organized to provide COVID only care.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:38 am Well, JHU72....maybe it's news to HIM. Or anyone. You log in to chastice someone for providing information? what is wrong with you?
No -- to refute a "see I told you so" argument he is attempting to make.
RedFromMI

Re: All things COVID-19

Post by RedFromMI »

Really good projection website (ICU beds, cases, deaths, etc) for US and for individual states (by changing a drop-down):

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

Updated daily, but caution: assumes FULL SOCIAL DISTANCING until end of May!
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:29 am
Trinity wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:12 am "I don't know how our government operates anymore," said one Republican close to the administration, lamenting that the sudden authority granted to non-governmental actors had left them with their "eyebrow raised unbelievably high."

.......no kidding. Us SHaysians have known this for 6 weeks. And you continue to harp on "HIM". It's 2020, NOT 1933, or whenever "that" event happened in Berlin. Knives, dark.....deaTHS.

"All these OLD people, dying, were costing the US tax payer a fortune anyway".........says a source in the WH.

over 80
Male
COPD
Heart Disease
Obese

Another guy acting like comorbidities are news. Maybe if you guys would pay attention to the "lamestream media" this would not be news to you. Ya think?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

RedFromMI wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:50 am Really good projection website (ICU beds, cases, deaths, etc) for US and for individual states (by changing a drop-down):

Do you know if the charts considered when each state started social distancing?
“I wish you would!”
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:51 am
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:29 am

over 80
Male
COPD
Heart Disease
Obese

Another guy acting like comorbidities are news. Maybe if you guys would pay attention to the "lamestream media" this would not be news to you. Ya think?
Plus the death rate is higher for ALL age groups than the flu.

I assume you would find similar kinds of percentages for the flu about comorbidities as well. And I doubt the age distribution is that much different for the flu.
runrussellrun

Re: Boston Globe: Trump “has blood on his hands”

Post by runrussellrun »

DocBarrister wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:33 am
In terms of moral culpability, Trump really does have blood on his hands.

DocBarrister
so is that 2 countries and 2 cities? in the world?

And who are you to question my “ability to assess the situation and understand the real culprits for our situation?” I’m educated and trained in medicine, law, and public health, with degrees in each. I have worked in health policy and lobbied on health and regulatory issues in DC. You?
THERE it is. DOC....you ARE the problem: You listening to bill gates b/c he has NONE of what you have, degrees, but is super wealthy?

https://californiahealthline.org/news/b ... -salaries/

Some of the HIGHlites of Kaiser's NOT for profit:

https://990s.foundationcenter.org/990_p ... 12_990.pdf

$950 million on IT (every single year? )

$86 million in invest/MGMT fees. awesomer. (wall street reducing it's % nut? exactly )

TOTAL assests: $44 BILLION.

Bernard Tyson, (R.I.P.) Chair/CEO....pulled in a cool $16 million according to the 2017 IRS 990. He is NOT a medical person.
__________________________________________________________________________________

I am still hoping that we can avoid the worst projected outcomes. We may still be able to do that. of course we will, and tRump will declare triumphif.

But Trump has made just about every mistake a leader can make in responding to a global pandemic.

The United States will have a death toll that will dwarf that of any other nation. How is that even possible? B/c, people like YOU are involved in the medical community and don't want to solve any problems, just blame, blame, blame. Any nurses live in your gated community DOC?

DocBarrister
[/quote]
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:54 am
RedFromMI wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:50 am Really good projection website (ICU beds, cases, deaths, etc) for US and for individual states (by changing a drop-down):

Do you know if the charts considered when each state started social distancing?
It is updated daily so it probably is assuming SD from this point on (as the real numbers of actual cases, hospital ICU beds used, etc would be adjusted). But I don't have direct confirmation.

Optimistic numbers for the US though - roughly 100K deaths with full SD. Of course the present situation is not full SD everywhere.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

holmes435 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:59 am Prosecutors: Engineer deliberately ran train off tracks in attempt to smash the USNS Mercy

This thing is really bringing out the crazies.
There is a possibility this is connected to QAnon...
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:29 pm Anyone heard any info on how many people with underlying conditions are dying from those issues and not coronavirus.

Nearly nine million people die annually from Heart disease, 3 million from lung disease, 3 million more from pneumonia etc—are they really dying from corona virus.
Well, JHU72....maybe it's news to HIM. Or anyone. You log in to chastice someone for providing information? what is wrong with you?

See how full of shyte you are
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

holmes435 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:59 am Prosecutors: Engineer deliberately ran train off tracks in attempt to smash the USNS Mercy

..and this CRAZIE was driving an effing train. :oops:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

6ftstick wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:09 am

See how full of shyte you are
Yup, its a disease coming for grumpy old white men -- Trump supporters. :lol: :lol: Its just a "democrat hoax".
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

You would think he would’ve used a flying saucer instead.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:23 am
a fan wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:48 am A nurse who lives two doors down said this is happening at her hospital----because so many people are rightly staying away from hospitals, surgeries and visits and checkups are all being cancelled. The hospital's response? Lay off the doctors, or dock their pay.

Truth is alway stranger than fiction.....

https://www.newsweek.com/utah-medical-p ... btRl7DCiuw
Looks someone may be following the money.......

...YUP, this situation fall squarely on our MEDICAL community. Anyone blaming "politicians", especially those in the medical community.....ARE the problem.

Licensing reciprocity....that issue covered by Event 201/Matnums 69 page nothingness :roll: ...........why is the medical community dragging its feet? (any lawyers think NO law suit will happen if a medical person from, say Kentucky, goes to help out in NYC ? Please....thanks oligarchy. You're so smart, you didn't check to see if it has gas .

1 of 5 family that are MD's, works at a "top" hospital in Boston. Has 1700 "patients" (all OLD people ) .......wtheck

Lots of low paid cna's in Boston area hospitals and "nursing homes", the actual RN's type all day. It's sad....but DOC don't care, he's got a locked neighorhood. No nurses can GET into DocBarristers gated community.

$7 million, $4million & lots of $2-$1 million NOT profit INSURANCE salaries.........you think the "top" docs at Colorado blue cross are cutting their multi million dollar salaries? They don't even touch patients, any longer. Hence...the rub. Doctors stay quiet, hoping to land administration jobs. Nurses? Well, we all nurses are like the enlisted ranks (military)...how many ENLISTED guys sit on the Joint chief of Staffs? Exactly

Medical community cared NOT that much equipment made in china. As long as their 401K is getting fat.....who cares.

To DOC. SO clueless. When you have staunch SHAYSIANS like me (TAATS), and then others, most recently WGRDS (heard they were closing Fells Point Green Turtle, boy does Batlimoier live in perpetual lousy. ) .....it's NOT defending tRump......it is asking questions so "mistakes" , as you claim, won't happen again. No matter WHICH taats calls Penn. Ave. home for 4 years.

SO, forever STOP posting.......any of you....if you can't list 5 things that the POTUSA should have done differently.
As someone who has zero expertise, I'll wait for the experts to confirm what we did wrong.

While we are waiting, Trump could have simply kept his MF mouth shut...but no, he had to tell us his lies.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

ardilla secreta wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:18 am

You would think he would’ve used a flying saucer instead.
:lol: :lol:

Return to “POLITICS”