All Things Russia & Ukraine

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
dislaxxic

Re: All Things Russia & Ukraine

Post by dislaxxic »

IT TURNS OUT CARTER PAGE WAS NOT SPECIAL

Ho Hum, that's SO 2019, right?

"DOJ’s IG released a Management Advisory Memorandum reporting on its results to date of the Woods File review promised in the wake of the DOJ IG Report that found (in part) that 8 (in the first) and 16 (in the last) claims made over the course of four FISA applications to surveil Carter Page were not backed by the Woods file meant to ensure the integrity of FISA applications. (The table starting on PDF 460 lists these errors.)

I’ll have more on its methodology and findings, but the key takeaway is that Carter Page was not special, nor specially targeted by a Deep State intent on taking down the President."

Just a reminder that as this administration and Red State governors bumble their way thru the current topic...that the Mueller Report and it's ramifications have NOT left us...

#NoHoaxHere

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

dislaxxic wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:48 am IT TURNS OUT CARTER PAGE WAS NOT SPECIAL

"DOJ’s IG released a Management Advisory Memorandum reporting on its results to date of the Woods File review promised in the wake of the DOJ IG Report that found (in part) that 8 (in the first) and 16 (in the last) claims made over the course of four FISA applications to surveil Carter Page were not backed by the Woods file meant to ensure the integrity of FISA applications. (The table starting on PDF 460 lists these errors.)

I’ll have more on its methodology and findings, but the key takeaway is that Carter Page was not special, nor specially targeted by a Deep State intent on taking down the President."

Just a reminder that as this administration and Red State governors bumble their way thru the current topic...that the Mueller Report and it's ramifications have NOT left us...

#NoHoaxHere

Well bust my buttons

https://www.lawfareblog.com/summary-jus ... procedures

A new report released by the Justice Department inspector general found errors or lost information in all the FISA applications concerning U.S. persons it reviewed following its report on the FBI’s “Crossfire Hurricane” investigation into members of the Trump campaign. Each of the 29 applications sampled for review contained inaccuracies, including missing files in four FISA applications and errors or inadequately supported facts in the 25 other applications.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

The link doesn't work, brainiac...and i'm sure it's from a VERY old article that the Right has been attempting to hang their hat on for some time now...the fact of the matter is that the whole issue of Don the Con's collusion with Russian agents and actors is still out there and will become even MORE obvious when the entire un-redacted Mueller Report and its supporting documentation comes to light, as it inevitably will...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

dislaxxic wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:04 am The link doesn't work, brainiac...and i'm sure it's from a VERY old article that the Right has been attempting to hang their hat on for some time now...the fact of the matter is that the whole issue of Don the Con's collusion with Russian agents and actors is still out there and will become even MORE obvious when the entire un-redacted Mueller Report and its supporting documentation comes to light, as it inevitably will...

Here you go dixlixit the same story from one of you're trusted sources dated YESTERDAY

https://www.npr.org/2020/03/31/82451025 ... plications

So you're correct. Carter Paige wasn't special

They apparently lied about everybody and treated everyone just as badly—and illegally.
old salt

Post by old salt »

dislaxxic wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:48 am IT TURNS OUT CARTER PAGE WAS NOT SPECIAL

#NoHoaxHere

Correct. Carter Page was hardly the only FISA abuse by the Obama & holdover Deep State in pursuing regime change.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:25 am

#NoHoaxHere

Correct. Carter Page was hardly the only FISA abuse by the Obama & holdover Deep State in pursuing regime change.
From the article at NPR:

The inspector general says he did not make a judgement as to whether the problems he identified were material, nor did he speculate about whether the potential errors would have affected the FBI's decision to apply for the wiretap or the court's decision to approve the surveillance.

Anyone care what the answer is on this or are we just going to assume the FBI was "pursuing regime change"????
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Clearly, our Trumpty Rightist friends are all about the evil Deep State and regime change. Its the excuse that keeps on givin' in this topic. "somebody SET ME UP! It's a HOAX! I'm as lily white as the day is long (to torture the metaphor).

It was a huge mistake putting this man into the White House, that much is abundantly clear.

Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Good lord...I saw this thread pop up and assumed that the resident Dems are somehow tying Russia into Cornonavirus and Trump, but alas, it's strictly about the FISA abuses.

Anyone unconcerned that the government will always abuse your civil rights need not look further than the FISA court.

From that nortoriously Trump-friendly rag, Lawfare:

https://www.lawfareblog.com/inspector-g ... -fisa-memo

"the problem is a far more general one: It appears that the facts presented in a lot of FISA applications are not reliably accurate."
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

dislaxxic wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:49 pm Clearly, our Trumpty Rightist friends are all about the evil Deep State and regime change. Its the excuse that keeps on givin' in this topic. "somebody SET ME UP! It's a HOAX! I'm as lily white as the day is long (to torture the metaphor).

It was a huge mistake putting this man into the White House, that much is abundantly clear.

The larger mistake was giving Democrats the right to vote. I believe a good old-fashioned 2-year martial law order will go a long way to keeping us whole.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:50 pm Good lord...I saw this thread pop up and assumed that the resident Dems are somehow tying Russia into Cornonavirus and Trump, but alas, it's strictly about the FISA abuses.

Anyone unconcerned that the government will always abuse your civil rights need not look further than the FISA court.

"the problem is a far more general one: It appears that the facts presented in a lot of FISA applications are not reliably accurate."
Both the ACLU and the libs on this forum---and yours truly----- were all over this when the Patriot Act was passed, and then strengthened.

Now the Republicans are clutching pearls, and pretending like FISA was working super-fine until Carter Page got hit with it. Riiiiight. Oversight? Transparency in our Justice system? What's that?

Told ya so. That's my response. I hope they fix the program, but I sure as sh*t ain't betting on it. Since you're fond of broad statements, Republicans are super cool with taking "someone else's" rights away. But the instant it happens to them? Oh, boy.

Hell hath no fury like a hypocritical partisan.....
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:55 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:50 pm Good lord...I saw this thread pop up and assumed that the resident Dems are somehow tying Russia into Cornonavirus and Trump, but alas, it's strictly about the FISA abuses.

Both the ACLU and the libs on this forum---and yours truly----- were all over this when the Patriot Act was passed, and then strengthened.

Now the Republicans are clutching pearls, and pretending like FISA was working super-fine until Carter Page got hit with it. Riiiiight. Oversight? Transparency in our Justice system? What's that?

Told ya so. That's my response. I hope they fix the program, but I sure as sh*t ain't betting on it. Since you're fond of broad statements, Republicans are super cool with taking "someone else's" rights away. But the instant it happens to them? Oh, boy.

Uh huh.

I don't blame every federal agent or prosecutor, but clearly over decades a semi-permanent rot set in to our institutions, where the easy path was always chosen. Sometimes, the ends justified the means, but then things like this began to happen with a lot of frequency:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... 4G20130927

And this is only who they caught...
old salt

Post by old salt »

The IG's review was prompted by what he found in investigating Crossfire Hurricane.
He based his findings on the review of 29 warrants obtained from 2014 to 2019, finding serious omissions in 4 of them.

So you knew of the abuses all along ? Right. Who's name was leaked, other than Carter Page ? ....& why ?
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:18 pm So you knew of the abuses all along ? Right.
Um. Yes. Yes I did.

You were on the Water Cooler when the Patriot Act was passed and later updated. I complained then, and cited the ACLU. Sadly, I can't pull that up anymore. Surely you remember the the discussions.

And I complained again about FISA before Horowitz finished.

Sorry man, you don't get to give me grief about seeing the massive potential abuses in a "super secret Court" that a child could see goes against several parts of the Constitution. UnAmerican. FISA is UnAmerican.

And they ALREADY found problems with FISA....shocker.... BEFORE Trump showed up. Did they do anything? Nope.

Let me know when they actually fix the program. Until then? They can drop this in the file together with the pointless one-time Pentagon audit.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:15 pm Uh huh.

I don't blame every federal agent or prosecutor, but clearly over decades a semi-permanent rot set in to our institutions, where the easy path was always chosen. Sometimes, the ends justified the means, but then things like this began to happen with a lot of frequency:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... 4G20130927

And this is only who they caught...
Yes. My point exactly. Thank you for making it for me. Oversight give us a chance of ferreting this stuff out.

The darkness of FISA?
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:52 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:18 pm So you knew of the abuses all along ? Right.
Um. Yes. Yes I did.

You were on the Water Cooler when the Patriot Act was passed and later updated. I complained then, and cited the ACLU. Sadly, I can't pull that up anymore. Surely you remember the the discussions.

And I complained again about FISA before Horowitz finished.

Sorry man, you don't get to give me grief about seeing the massive potential abuses in a "super secret Court" that a child could see goes against several parts of the Constitution. UnAmerican. FISA is UnAmerican.

And they ALREADY found problems with FISA....shocker.... BEFORE Trump showed up. Did they do anything? Nope.

Let me know when they actually fix the program. Until then? They can drop this in the file together with the pointless one-time Pentagon audit.
So tell us all about the FISA abuses before Crossfire Hurricane. Horowitz only looked back to 2014.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Don't have to. NYTimes and the ACLU already did.

We've had this discussion before. You're trying to hang all this stuff on "people being mean to Trump", because it reinforces your belief that government abuses of power "were invented" during Trump's election year...and that the only possible reason FISA was abused was to take down Trump.

This has been proven again and again to be utter nonsense. FISA was abused when Trump was some guy on a TV show. I have no clue why you are, again, trying to argue this point. The point is settled. FISA abuse is longstanding, and Congress refuses to fix the problems with the program.

So guess what? This is going to happen again. Just as I told you it would years before Trump announced he was running.

NYTimes in 05: https://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/16/poli ... ourts.html

Under Bush in 07: https://www.aclu.org/press-releases/pre ... telligence

Under Bush: https://www.aclu.org/press-releases/unp ... us-request

Under Obama: https://www.aclu.org/files/assets/for_w ... _11_12.pdf
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

… ain't that the truth.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:50 pm Don't have to. NYTimes and the ACLU already did.

We've had this discussion before. You're trying to hang all this stuff on "people being mean to Trump", because it reinforces your belief that government abuses of power "were invented" during Trump's election year...and that the only possible reason FISA was abused was to take down Trump.

This has been proven again and again to be utter nonsense. FISA was abused when Trump was some guy on a TV show. I have no clue why you are, again, trying to argue this point. The point is settled. FISA abuse is longstanding, and Congress refuses to fix the problems with the program.

So guess what? This is going to happen again. Just as I told you it would years before Trump announced he was running.

NYTimes in 05: https://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/16/poli ... ourts.html

Under Bush in 07: https://www.aclu.org/press-releases/pre ... telligence

Under Bush: https://www.aclu.org/press-releases/unp ... us-request

Under Obama: https://www.aclu.org/files/assets/for_w ... _11_12.pdf
That proves nothing. 4 articles of ACLU non-specific whining. Give us specifics about abuses, beyond Carter Page & the 4 inadequate Woods reviews the IG found in 29 warrants reviewed, dating back to 2014. Were any of those 4 done for political purposes like Page's ? Were any subjects identities leaked, other than Page ? Were any of the subjects damaged, other than Page ?
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

a fan wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:50 pmI have no clue why you are, again, trying to argue this point. The point is settled. FISA abuse is longstanding, and Congress refuses to fix the problems with the program.
Oh, the point is crystal clear, and has been for the last three years. The Trumpist Right needs a peg to hang their It's A Hoax!! deflection on he world. Trump shoulda NEVER been investigated, the entire Intelligence Community is corrupt and out to get Don the Victim. Now that it's OUR guy that got hosed by FISA and corrupt officials out to "get" him (so goes the ruse), well, (sputter righteous indignation) the whole system is to blame and Don is the Lily White Victim of all this. He's as pure as the driven snow.

A Con Man is always a victim, in his own mind. That he can get so many sheep to follow his Con is a testament to his skill as a Grifter.

Come ON, November 3rd...

dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

old salt wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:17 amThat proves nothing. 4 articles of ACLU non-specific whining. Give us specifics about abuses, beyond Carter Page & the 4 inadequate Woods reviews the IG found in 29 warrants reviewed, dating back to 2014. Were any of those 4 done for political purposes like Page's ? Were any subjects identities leaked, other than Page ? Were any of the subjects damaged, other than Page ?
Don't worry, Marcy is all over that one. We'll get the full story soon, i reckon.

Return to “POLITICS”