All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Matnum PI

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by Matnum PI »

20K new cases today. And the day is far from over. Next closest is Spain with 6K.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

njbill wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:29 pm Wolf has put in place a stay at home order for all of Pennsylvania.
Well, I won that bet...though PB never put his bet down...
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... 1585622282

Light at the end of the tunnel. Hoping social distancing enables some communities to get through it quicker. Not sure when Washington went to social distancing.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:52 pm 20K new cases today. And the day is far from over. Next closest is Spain with 6K.
New York alone may pass Italy and Spain in the next week or so.
Put NY and NJ together and they're about dead even with them, though combined are only half of Italy's population and 2/3 of Spain's.

New York's daily new case rate is outpacing both right now.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:00 pm https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... 1585622282

Light at the end of the tunnel. Hoping social distancing enables some communities to get through it quicker. Not sure when Washington went to social distancing.
important glimmer of hope.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:14 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:00 pm https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... 1585622282

important glimmer of hope.
I think their populous was scared to death early on and were staying close to home. They announced a formal social distancing policy after MD and others I believe.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
njbill

Post by njbill »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:56 pm
njbill wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:29 pm Wolf has put in place a stay at home order for all of Pennsylvania.
In his announcement, Wolf said he is doing this because he is tired of being hounded by Peter Brown.

Similarly, Ron DeSantis said he instituted the state wide stay at home order because his good friend Boca Pete has been unable to keep the FanLax posters off his back.

Bottom line: these steps were taken because of the good citizens on this board.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Cumming Georgia, where "real men" live. This is the county seat for a county just northeast of Atlanta. Bed room community. 48 cases, 1 death, in a grossly under tested state. Adjacent counties with many hundreds of cases and dozens of deaths. They have decided to ride it out I guess.

The spice must flow!
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:56 pm

Was out walking the dog wondering what posts I was missing only to discover this unannounced bet! The last time you chimed in on a bet I made was you telling me I lost a bet to wgsdr for the Hounds not finishing top-3 in the country for defensive efficiency, even though only 1/3 of a season was played due to an act of God!

Anyway, do you owe me money? I have to believe you are at your house. I might just show up with a mask on. :lol:

So the bet apparently was that Wolf would lock down PA before Ron locked down FL, and naturally the Republican won. Same old song.

2 dozen jumbo crabs as well as some very cold Grosch lager, thanks. I will be up there this summer.

(btw, I could have hopped on a nice KingAir 350i yesterday headed to BWI airport; 2 pax; told me to jump onboard, but my dog said no)

:lol:
old salt

Post by old salt »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:38 pm Cumming Georgia, where "real men" live. This is the county seat for a county just northeast of Atlanta. Bed room community. 48 cases, 1 death, in a grossly under tested state. Adjacent counties with many hundreds of cases and dozens of deaths. They have decided to ride it out I guess.

The spice must flow!
Really stupid enforcement procedures. Just have your regular police give friendly warnings to violators.
Make a report, for the record, of businesses which do not comply.
Give citations only to repeat offenders who ignore the friendly warning.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:13 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:52 pm 20K new cases today. And the day is far from over. Next closest is Spain with 6K.
New York alone may pass Italy and Spain in the next week or so.
Put NY and NJ together and they're about dead even with them, though combined are only half of Italy's population and 2/3 of Spain's.

New York's daily new case rate is outpacing both right now.
NYC metro area (including NY/NJ/CT) bedroom communities should be tracked separately.
Is any other area in the US so densely populated with such a high % of residents sharing public transportation & public spaces ?
That may be why CA's & WA's comparative numbers are lower, while MI & LA (Mardi Gras) are rising.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:57 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:53 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:47 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:40 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:31 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:28 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:24 pm My friend and #1 governor in America, Ron DeSantis, has ordered all residents except for those working in essential businesses to stay home starting tonight, for 30 days. In other words, all Democrats must stay home.
Please keep all those food workers, grocery shelf stockers, pharmacists, etc working PB...you know, all those Dems. ;)

Good news though. Expect it to be through May.

They would be Democrats but they don't vote. We suppress the vote down here however we can. :lol:

I am now awaiting apologies from JHU72, DocB, Red and all the others who criticize DeSantis but not Pennsylvania's Wolf, who still has not issued a stay at home order.
Sorry bozo, JHU72 has never mentioned your governor. EVER. He gets no apology from me. He will however need to apologize to the people of Florida for waiting so long.

I'll accept that as a heartfelt apology and will pass it along.

Also, show me your critique of Governor Wolf (D) of Pennsylvania. Thanks!
just a suggestion, PB, but you may want to re-read 72's response.
Im getting more and more convinced that you and JHU72 are the same poster.
Funny you should say that stick. i do notice you never see them in the same place at the same time. :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:49 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:38 pm Cumming Georgia, where "real men" live. This is the county seat for a county just northeast of Atlanta. Bed room community. 48 cases, 1 death, in a grossly under tested state. Adjacent counties with many hundreds of cases and dozens of deaths. They have decided to ride it out I guess.

The spice must flow!
Really stupid enforcement procedures. Just have your regular police give friendly warnings to violators.
He recanted a few hours ago. Poor guy....in all seriousness. Everyone is trying their best, and expecting a small town mayor to handle this crisis perfectly just isn't going to happen. He apologized, and I think he meant every word.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:01 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:49 pm

The spice must flow!
He recanted a few hours ago. Poor guy....in all seriousness. Everyone is trying their best, and expecting a small town mayor to handle this crisis perfectly just isn't going to happen. He apologized, and I think he meant every word.
...& most residents are probably voluntarily complying anyway, especially after his sincere apology.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

So all of the FLP f**knuts to include MD are complaining that Trump ignored all the warnings 2 months ago. You are a very forgetful bunch of Monday morning quarterbacks.

Do you all remember all those warnings to the State Department and the evil queen about the lack of security in Benghazi? ;)

Do we all remember those warnings to Dubya about the threat of airplanes with bad intentions back in 2001? ;)

Do we all remember those warnings to FDR that the Japanese wanted to bomb Pearl Harbor? ;)

Do we all remember the threats of ice bergs to Captain Smith while directing the Titanic? ;)

I could go on and on and on and on and on. Like i said in an earlier post, i could tell you every Monday morning what my Buffalo Bills did wrong that would have won them the game. Not a damn one of you has told us what you would have done that would have prevented the problems we are dealing with today. If you are not part of the solution then you are part of the effing problem. What was or was not done 2 months ago does not matter a hill of beans today. All you fancy ass college boys proclaim here all the time how effing smart you all are. Why don't all of you take a unique new approach... stop your effing whining and become a part of the solution. You can still hate trump, nobody will think any less of you. A Fan is using his business to help out in this crisis. Outside of bitching about trump, what are all of you doing to help. Does it take a lowly high school graduate to point out to all of you how pathetic you all look? :roll:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

:oops: The democrats said 'hold my beer: https://www.instagram.com/p/B-dBcFSHdvk/
- 'The risk to New Yorkers is Low'
- 'DeBlasio: Our city preparedness is high'
- Peslosi; "come join us in China town"....
- "we are ready for Mardi Gras"
- This shold not stop you from going about your life''
- DeBlasio: This is like the common flu.
- Bernie Sander - "I would not close down the border'
- DeBlasio: Transmission is not that easy....the corono Virus does not hang in the air'

the hits just keep coming ....yet #OrangeManBad :lol: :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

old salt

Post by old salt »

Moved from OD thread to here, FTR :
old salt wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:47 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:16 pm
CU88 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:15 pm The missing six weeks: how Trump failed the biggest test of his life

The president was aware of the danger from the coronavirus – but a lack of leadership has created an emergency of epic proportions
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... h-disaster
Indeed, worth a serious read by those who keep saying they don't know what could have been done differently by Trump.

It'll be interesting to see how the next 60 days play out. The last 60 were horrible.
That Guardian hit piece makes a big deal about changing the NSC bureaucratic wiring diagram & cites VP Bidens COS .:roll:.
The rest is just "if only" supposition.
Nothing was changed in CDC & FDA, where responsibility for testing resides.
On Jan 15, the WHO published China's findings that it could not be transmitted person to person.
The first US popup case was in WA on Jan 20, (60 yr old man who'd visited Wuhan) but community spread was not verified.
On Jan 21 Chinese officials finally acknowledged human to human transmission. By then 85% of the infected travelers out of China had arrived in the US undetected. Trump restricted flights from China on Jan 31.
Dr Brix confirmed that China's lying & witholding data prompted the public health experts to initially proceed as if it was like SARS.
Trump is leading & messaging this horribly, but you're trying way too hard with your missing 6 weeks theory.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/04/us/c ... state.html

March 4th :
The first individual in the United States to be confirmed as positive for the new coronavirus by the Centers for Disease Control was indeed a resident of Snohomish County, Wash. That was on Jan. 20.
And local health officials traced and monitored more than 60 contacts of the first case, none of whom tested positive.

But Washington State did not report any other cases until last week. In the meantime, Illinois, California, Arizona, Massachusetts and Wisconsin all announced cases of the new coronavirus, related to travel in China.
DocBarrister

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by DocBarrister »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:28 pm So all of the FLP f**knuts to include MD are complaining that Trump ignored all the warnings 2 months ago. You are a very forgetful bunch of Monday morning quarterbacks.

Do you all remember all those warnings to the State Department and the evil queen about the lack of security in Benghazi? ;)

Do we all remember those warnings to Dubya about the threat of airplanes with bad intentions back in 2001? ;)

Do we all remember those warnings to FDR that the Japanese wanted to bomb Pearl Harbor? ;)

Do we all remember the threats of ice bergs to Captain Smith while directing the Titanic? ;)

I could go on and on and on and on and on. Like i said in an earlier post, i could tell you every Monday morning what my Buffalo Bills did wrong that would have won them the game. Not a damn one of you has told us what you would have done that would have prevented the problems we are dealing with today. If you are not part of the solution then you are part of the effing problem. What was or was not done 2 months ago does not matter a hill of beans today. All you fancy ass college boys proclaim here all the time how effing smart you all are. Why don't all of you take a unique new approach... stop your effing whining and become a part of the solution. You can still hate trump, nobody will think any less of you. A Fan is using his business to help out in this crisis. Outside of bitching about trump, what are all of you doing to help. Does it take a lowly high school graduate to point out to all of you how pathetic you all look? :roll:
The death tolls in all those events combined are dwarfed by the nearly quarter million deaths that Trump’s own team is projecting as an upper value.

Your continued defense of Trump is absolutely repugnant.

Have you no shame, sir?

DocBarrister :roll:
@DocBarrister

Return to “POLITICS”