Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
holmes435

Re: Orange Duce

Post by holmes435 »

And what is Trump's responsibility in Yemen?
smoova

Post by smoova »

holmes435 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:22 am And what is Trump's responsibility in Yemen?
He "take[s] no responsibility at all."
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:01 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:31 am
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:59 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:36 am
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:41 am
DocBarrister wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:17 am
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:29 pm Trump needs to run to Biden’s left on Medicare for all. It’s a no-brainer.

3x this week Biden has said no to M4A. This virus changes all equations.
Voting for Trump this November should be considered a crime against humanity ... and all the tens of thousands of Americans who will have died because of his delusional denial of the crisis.

DocBarrister

Hmmmm, 'crimes against humanity', huh. Wait til someone tells Doc about how many Yemeni's died on Obama's direction.
How many "on Obama's direction"?
I haven't heard that one, so am asking seriously what the fever swamp says on that one.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ama-legacy
plenty to critique, but I thought you were going to perhaps cite tens of thousands of civilian Yemini's killed on Obama's direction to do so...

I don't like Doc's phrase applied to this gross failure by Trump, but your retort falls flat. That said, it does at least involve an intentional use of force killing others on purpose...though I don't think Obama was EVER trying to kill civilians, which would indeed be a crime against humanity.

I am not sure most leaders have 'meant' to kill civilians but it is part of war nevertheless.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/ ... hes-100000
Which is nevertheless the difference with "crimes against humanity". Intent very much matters.

Which is why I don't think it applies to Trump's gross negligence. That negligence is indeed responsible for tens of thousands of American lives lost, but I don't think he actually intended those deaths.

It's infuriating that the negligence was so obvious to so many of us who actually think experts know more than the average bear, but "crimes against humanity" just doesn't fit...IMO.

But hold Trump accountable.
And those who have and continue to be complicit in giving him cover.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:08 pm Which is nevertheless the difference with "crimes against humanity". Intent very much matters.

Which is why I don't think it applies to Trump's gross negligence. That negligence is indeed responsible for tens of thousands of American lives lost, but I don't think he actually intended those deaths.

It's infuriating that the negligence was so obvious to so many of us who actually think experts know more than the average bear, but "crimes against humanity" just doesn't fit...IMO.

Uhhhh, wha the wha!

So, you think Trump wakes up and goes, 'hmmm I'd like to off some civilians today'? Or, put another way, you think Trump has clear intent to murder civilians while he scrambles for solutions with Drs. Birx and Fauci? Okayyyyyyyyyyyyyy....

Wait. So when Obama unleashes a couple thousand bombs in Yemen, there clearly can be NO WAY for him to even pause to consider that a civilian might be murdered as a result?

Dude, get yourself to a therapist...stat. You might have worse TDS than anyone I've heard about. I'll pay for the first visit.

:lol:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:46 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:08 pm Which is nevertheless the difference with "crimes against humanity". Intent very much matters.

Uhhhh, wha the wha!

So, you think Trump wakes up and goes, 'hmmm I'd like to off some civilians today'? Or, put another way, you think Trump has clear intent to murder civilians while he scrambles for solutions with Drs. Birx and Fauci? Okayyyyyyyyyyyyyy....

Wait. So when Obama unleashes a couple thousand bombs in Yemen, there clearly can be NO WAY for him to even pause to consider that a civilian might be murdered as a result?

Dude, get yourself to a therapist...stat. You might have worse TDS than anyone I've heard about. I'll pay for the first visit.

PB, trying actually reading what I wrote, please.
I said the exact opposite.

TDS much? :lol:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:58 pm

Uhhhh, wha the wha!

OK, OK. I re-read your post; you are correct. Your TDS condition has been downgraded back to Orange.

a fan taught me the other day that humility leads one on the road to Damascus, so I apologize.

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:05 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:58 pm

Uhhhh, wha the wha!

OK, OK. I re-read your post; you are correct. Your TDS condition has been downgraded back to Orange.

a fan taught me the other day that humility leads one on the road to Damascus, so I apologize.

no worries, PB, your and my willingness to eat a little humble pie and say sorry is a big part of why I'm looking forward to that tour in your plane, and talking lax over some cold ones...someday, hopefully sooner than later!

Stay safe and well.
calourie

Post by calourie »

Uhhhh, wha the wha!

What way too often seems apparent from Trump's behavior and words since the beginning of this fiasco, actually since the beginning of his presidency, is that he wakes up and asks "what can I do that would be best for me and my ratings", as in reality show POTUS. This in no way implies a murderous intent, but it has left him behind the curve and now scrambling to play catch up with what Fauci has been saying from the getgo. His concern for the well being of the country has more often than not in many of his political dealings been superceeded by his concern for the political well being of himself. Yes almost everyone, particularly politicians, are prone to being self serving. Few moreso than Trump. My TDS regarding my distaste for Trump seems clearly exceeded by your TDS in his support.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

calourie wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:30 pm

Uhhhh, wha the wha!

What way too often seems apparent from Trump's behavior and words since the beginning of this fiasco, actually since the beginning of his presidency, is that he wakes up and asks "what can I do that would be best for me and my ratings", as in reality show POTUS. This in no way implies a murderous intent, but it has left him behind the curve and now scrambling to play catch up with what Fauci has been saying from the getgo. His concern for the well being of the country has more often than not in many of his political dealings been superceeded by his concern for the political well being of himself. Yes almost everyone, particularly politicians, are prone to being self serving. Few moreso than Trump. My TDS regarding my distaste for Trump seems clearly exceeded by your TDS in his support.
What is clear is Trump does not seem to really care about who might be hurt other than himself. So he finally jumps on the we have to do something else when he gets convinced he has no other choice to remain at least a bit viable for the November election. And starts spinning the idea that "keeping" the death toll to below a few hundred thousand is a great save.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

The missing six weeks: how Trump failed the biggest test of his life

The president was aware of the danger from the coronavirus – but a lack of leadership has created an emergency of epic proportions

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... h-disaster
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

CU88 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:15 pm The missing six weeks: how Trump failed the biggest test of his life

The president was aware of the danger from the coronavirus – but a lack of leadership has created an emergency of epic proportions

Indeed, worth a serious read by those who keep saying they don't know what could have been done differently by Trump.

It'll be interesting to see how the next 60 days play out. The last 60 were horrible.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:16 pm
CU88 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:15 pm The missing six weeks: how Trump failed the biggest test of his life

Indeed, worth a serious read by those who keep saying they don't know what could have been done differently by Trump.

It'll be interesting to see how the next 60 days play out. The last 60 were horrible.
That Guardian hit piece makes a big deal about changing the NSC bureaucratic wiring diagram & cites VP Bidens COS .:roll:.
The rest is just "if only" supposition.
Nothing was changed in CDC & FDA, where responsibility for testing resides.
On Jan 15, the WHO published China's findings that it could not be transmitted person to person.
The first US popup case was in WA on Jan 20, (60 yr old man who'd visired Wuhan) but community spread was not verified.
On Jan 21 Chinese officials finally acknowledged human to human transmission. By then 85% of the infected travelers out of China had arrived in the US undetected. Trump restricted flights from China on Jan 31.
Dr Brix confirmed that China's lying & witholding data prompted the public health experts to initially proceed as it it was like SARS.
Trump is leading & messaging this horribly, but you're trying way too hard with your missing 6 weeks theory.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/04/us/c ... state.html

March 4th :
The first individual in the United States to be confirmed as positive for the new coronavirus by the Centers for Disease Control was indeed a resident of Snohomish County, Wash. That was on Jan. 20.
And local health officials traced and monitored more than 60 contacts of the first case, none of whom tested positive.

But Washington State did not report any other cases until last week. In the meantime, Illinois, California, Arizona, Massachusetts and Wisconsin all announced cases of the new coronavirus, related to travel in China.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Nah, Trump good...
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:08 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:29 pm Trump needs to run to Biden’s left on Medicare for all. It’s a no-brainer.

Voting for Trump this November should be considered a crime against humanity ... and all the tens of thousands of Americans who will have died because of his delusional denial of the crisis.

DocBarrister

Hmmmm, 'crimes against humanity', huh. Wait til someone tells Doc about how many Yemeni's died on Obama's direction.
I haven't heard that one, so am asking seriously what the fever swamp says on that one.

plenty to critique, but I thought you were going to perhaps cite tens of thousands of civilian Yemini's killed on Obama's direction to do so...

I don't like Doc's phrase applied to this gross failure by Trump, but your retort falls flat. That said, it does at least involve an intentional use of force killing others on purpose...though I don't think Obama was EVER trying to kill civilians, which would indeed be a crime against humanity.

I am not sure most leaders have 'meant' to kill civilians but it is part of war nevertheless.

Which is nevertheless the difference with "crimes against humanity". Intent very much matters.

I’m not so sure. Trump’s statements about opening the economy by Easter seemed to show he was willing to at least consider trading more American deaths for a few more points on the Dow.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Why wasn't the first part of yesterday's WH rally on drug/immigration interdiction by the DoD and JCS held at the Pentagon? That way, the journalists who normally cover the Pentagon could ask the appropriate questions.

Instead, we get the usual DOPUS tripe as he riffs about his wall while the country is in the midst of a pandemic. Esper and Milley have to keep straight faces throughout.

Aren't we all glad to know that Dr, Fauci played basketball in HS. BTW, he now needs a security detail to keep him safe from DOPUS supporters who think he is lying about the current situation.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Thanks for posting this 88. Much appreciated.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:20 am

Thanks for posting a partisan "hit piece" (see OS) 88. Let's see, what were the Dems up to during that same time period? In hindsight, no culpability there... no politically-partisan created distractions on their part? :roll: There will be plenty of blame to go around once this is over...now is not the time for this cr@p! As Trinity said, don't listen to me, listen to Larry Hogan.

Gotta love the objective and bi-partisan qualifier for the Guardian at end of article :roll:

"America faces an epic choice...
... in the coming year, and the results will define the country for a generation. These are perilous times. Over the last three years, much of what the Guardian holds dear has been threatened – democracy, civility, truth. This US administration is establishing new norms of behaviour. Anger and cruelty disfigure public discourse and lying is commonplace. Truth is being chased away. But with your help we can continue to put it center stage.

Rampant disinformation, partisan news sources and social media's tsunami of fake news is no basis on which to inform the American public in 2020. The need for a robust, independent press has never been greater, and with your support we can continue to provide fact-based reporting that offers public scrutiny and oversight. You’ve read more than 41 articles in the last four months. Our journalism is free and open for all, but it's made possible thanks to the support we receive from readers like you across America in all 50 states.

Our journalism relies on our readers’ generosity – your financial support has meant we can keep investigating, disentangling and interrogating. It has protected our independence, which has never been so critical. We are so grateful.

We hope you will consider supporting us today. We need your support to keep delivering quality journalism that’s open and independent. Every reader contribution, however big or small, is so valuable. Support the Guardian from as little as $1 – and it only takes a minute. Thank you."

Hey 88 and seacoaster, have you donated your $1 yet?... "it only takes a minute"
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DocBarrister wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:51 am

DocBarrister

I’m not so sure. Trump’s statements about opening the economy by Easter seemed to show he was willing to at least consider trading more American deaths for a few more points on the Dow.

DocBarrister
A good point about what he was considering, presumably comprehending the trade-off...though that assumes he actually comprehends, which, crazily enough, we don't know for sure

You and I agree about Trump, and holding him accountable, just not that specific charge of "crimes against humanity".
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

tech37 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:32 am
seacoaster wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:20 am

Thanks for posting a partisan "hit piece" (see OS) 88. Let's see, what were the Dems up to during that same time period? In hindsight, no culpability there... no politically-partisan created distractions on their part? :roll: There will be plenty of blame to go around once this is over...now is not the time for this cr@p! As Trinity said, don't listen to me, listen to Larry Hogan.

Gotta love the objective and bi-partisan qualifier for the Guardian at end of article :roll:

"America faces an epic choice...
... in the coming year, and the results will define the country for a generation. These are perilous times. Over the last three years, much of what the Guardian holds dear has been threatened – democracy, civility, truth. This US administration is establishing new norms of behaviour. Anger and cruelty disfigure public discourse and lying is commonplace. Truth is being chased away. But with your help we can continue to put it center stage.

Rampant disinformation, partisan news sources and social media's tsunami of fake news is no basis on which to inform the American public in 2020. The need for a robust, independent press has never been greater, and with your support we can continue to provide fact-based reporting that offers public scrutiny and oversight. You’ve read more than 41 articles in the last four months. Our journalism is free and open for all, but it's made possible thanks to the support we receive from readers like you across America in all 50 states.

Our journalism relies on our readers’ generosity – your financial support has meant we can keep investigating, disentangling and interrogating. It has protected our independence, which has never been so critical. We are so grateful.

We hope you will consider supporting us today. We need your support to keep delivering quality journalism that’s open and independent. Every reader contribution, however big or small, is so valuable. Support the Guardian from as little as $1 – and it only takes a minute. Thank you."

Hey 88 and seacoaster, have you donated your $1 yet?... "it only takes a minute"

You can comfortably assume at this stage that the media will go into overdrive to turn the screw on Trump. His approval ratings went up, so CNN and MSNBC stopped carrying the pressers. Watch for much more transparently partisan media moves from now until November 3.
Last edited by Peter Brown on Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:22 am
DocBarrister wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:51 am

DocBarrister

DocBarrister
A good point about what he was considering, presumably comprehending the trade-off...though that assumes he actually comprehends, which, crazily enough, we don't know for sure

You and I agree about Trump, and holding him accountable, just not that specific charge of "crimes against humanity".

You are literally praising an insane person. This is the Internet's version of the Stockholm Syndrome.

Return to “POLITICS”