2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Peter Brown

Re: 2020 Elections - CoronaPause

Post by Peter Brown »

WOW. Unbelievable is all I can say. And how ironic that we were discussing Brett Kavanaugh here these last two days!!!!

Biden's campaign manager and a bunch of other Democrats wiped their Brett Kavanaugh/#MeToo/#TimesUp tweets from their timelines this morning! Unbelievable. That merely draws more attention to this issue!!!

Symone Sanders, heretofore a massive Christine Blasey Ford fan during the hearing circus and Biden's campaign manager now, wiped away all of her Kavanaugh tweets this morning. As did Jill Fillipovic, Doug Henwood, Fabiana Jung.
a fan

Post by a fan »

How is this unbelievable? Sounds about right. This will make the Dem party even more of a clown car.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Talk about not checking with an editor before reporting on something that specific...

Sanders deleted ALL tweets prior to January 2019, not just stuff on Kavanaugh. Happens regularly on both sides, luckily there are a lot of twitter backups so we can have their old stuff on the record.

Any sources on the others?
CU77

Post by CU77 »

PB never ever gives us sources for his claims. I just assume they all come from the right-wing fever swamp of falsehoods. I've already debunked PB's false claim that Blasey Ford wore a pu@@y hat at a women's rally (even though that would say nothing about the truth of her under-oath testimony).

And if we're going to discuss Kavanaugh, let's please recall that Blasey Ford was not his only accuser. Deborah Ramirez said that Bart stuck his d**k in her face at Yale. And many people who knew him in high school and college testified that he was a loud, obnoxious drunk, including Bart himself.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Yeah, he's got the tinfoil out on this one.....but in his defense, systematically deleting old tweets tells you one thing: these politicians don't really want to be held accountable for things they said in the past.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

CU77 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:28 pm PB never ever gives us sources for his claims. I just assume they all come from the right-wing fever swamp of falsehoods. I've already debunked PB's false claim that Blasey Ford wore a pu@@y hat at a women's rally (even though that would say nothing about the truth of her under-oath testimony).

And if we're going to discuss Kavanaugh, let's please recall that Blasey Ford was not his only accuser. Deborah Ramirez said that Bart stuck his d**k in her face at Yale. And many people who knew him in high school and college testified that he was a loud, obnoxious drunk, including Bart himself.

If you have Twitter, go to it and search “Symone Sanders Deleted” or “Jill Filipovic”.

Wow, Kavanaugh got obnoxious when he was 18 and drunk. We need to impeach him! Off with his head! :roll:

Also, your realize that Deborah Ramirez, a very committed Democrat social worker, tried to get 7 people to vouch for her and no one would? C’mon man. Just say you hate Kavanaugh’s political philosophy and that’s why you don’t want him on the court. That’d be so refreshing.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:51 pm Also, your realize that Deborah Ramirez, a very committed Democrat social worker, tried to get 7 people to vouch for her and no one would? C’mon man. Just say you hate Kavanaugh’s political philosophy and that’s why you don’t want him on the court. That’d be so refreshing.
What would be refreshing would be you not posting un-sourced lies.

Here's the truth:
one former classmate said that he’s “one-hundred-per-cent sure” that another former classmate at the time told him that Kavanaugh exposed himself to Ramirez.

Following The New Yorker’s report, a range of supporters, from Democratic politicians to Kavanaugh’s former roommate, spoke out in solidarity with her, and many of her former classmates vouched for her integrity.

“Although Brett was normally reserved, he was a notably heavy drinker, even by the standards of the time, and … he became belligerent and aggressive when he was very drunk,” Kavanaugh’s former roommate James Roche said in a statement. “Based on my time with Debbie, I believe her to be unusually honest and straightforward and I cannot imagine her making this up. Based on my time with Brett, I believe that he and his social circle were capable of the actions that Debbie described.”
https://www.thecut.com/2019/09/deborah- ... sault.html

Links to primary sources are in the text.

See how I cite credible sources for the claims I make?

See how you do not?
Last edited by CU77 on Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

a fan wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:40 pm Yeah, he's got the tinfoil out on this one.....but in his defense, systematically deleting old tweets tells you one thing: these politicians don't really want to be held accountable for things they said in the past.
If they actually did it. So far, we have only PB's unsourced claim. And we know where those come from.
a fan

Post by a fan »

:lol: True. I didn't check. Mea culpa.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:08 pm :lol: True. I didn't check. Mea culpa.

(Democrats are lazy too)

https://twitter.com/kallllisti/status/1 ... 8351864833
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

At Yale, Brett Kavanaugh was accused of exposing himself and placing his equipment in the unsuspecting hands of women who had passed out while his friends cheered him on. He got away with it. But the FBI paid a terrible cost. Ford has issues?
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

CU77 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:02 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:51 pm Also, your realize that Deborah Ramirez, a very committed Democrat social worker, tried to get 7 people to vouch for her and no one would? C’mon man. Just say you hate Kavanaugh’s political philosophy and that’s why you don’t want him on the court. That’d be so refreshing.
What would be refreshing would be you not posting un-sourced lies.

Here's the truth:
one former classmate said that he’s “one-hundred-per-cent sure” that another former classmate at the time told him that Kavanaugh exposed himself to Ramirez.

Following The New Yorker’s report, a range of supporters, from Democratic politicians to Kavanaugh’s former roommate, spoke out in solidarity with her, and many of her former classmates vouched for her integrity.

“Although Brett was normally reserved, he was a notably heavy drinker, even by the standards of the time, and … he became belligerent and aggressive when he was very drunk,” Kavanaugh’s former roommate James Roche said in a statement. “Based on my time with Debbie, I believe her to be unusually honest and straightforward and I cannot imagine her making this up. Based on my time with Brett, I believe that he and his social circle were capable of the actions that Debbie described.”
https://www.thecut.com/2019/09/deborah- ... sault.html

Links to primary sources are in the text.

See how I cite credible sources for the claims I make?

See how you do not?

Your credibility is shot nearly every time you post. Just say this: "I do not like Brett Kavanaugh's political philosophy, therefore I do not want him on the court". That is honesty.

The allegations are all trash and have been proven so. By every party, on every allegation. This is the same nonsense that was pulled on Clarence Thomas, Bork, Romney, McCain, and any other Republican in the last 30 years.

So you want to learn the hard way. Then read some sources that don't quite jibe with your desired outcomes:

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyob ... m-n2553211

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opin ... that-wasnt

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/10/ ... ear-later/

https://www.newsweek.com/christine-blas ... ny-1458217
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Worst moment for law enforcement since NYC detectives had to walk Rudy Giuliani’s bimbos’ dogs.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Trinity wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:25 pm At Yale, Brett Kavanaugh was accused of exposing himself and placing his equipment in the unsuspecting hands of women who had passed out while his friends cheered him on. He got away with it. But the FBI paid a terrible cost. Ford has issues?

Some solid reporting there, Trinity.

I heard Brett peed on a tree at a tailgate one time in New Haven. My thought is of course he should be impeached as a result. I mean, anything 30 years ago we need to be much more strict in our punishment! (if you like Kamala Harris, which I believe you do, all of this punishment talk must make you really excited!)
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Man oh man, this BS is getting old.

PB, please move on.

When you are 100% sure something is remotely relevant and accurately sourced (fever swamp Twitter accounts don't count), please do post it. Not sure, don't.

But just picking fights smacks of trolling.

On the Biden thing, when you get around to proportionately ripping Trump on this topic let us know and then we'll listen a little less skeptically to your views about any Biden transgressions.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:43 pm Man oh man, this BS is getting old.

PB, please move on.

When you are 100% sure something is remotely relevant and accurately sourced (fever swamp Twitter accounts don't count), please do post it. Not sure, don't.

But just picking fights smacks of trolling.

On the Biden thing, when you get around to proportionately ripping Trump on this topic let us know and then we'll listen a little less skeptically to your views about any Biden transgressions.

Wagons circled, again. :lol:

I'm sure some independent journo is out there right now investigating and writing an article since the news just broke today. Or you personally could take a quick minute and search twitter yourself to see if any of those tweets from those persons are still up (they aren't).

I do see that Jill F has replied that 'her tweets auto-delete every 3 months', except Twitter sleuths quickly disabused her of that excuse by showing her her tweets which were two years old still up.

Anyway, this is intriguing palace intrigue stuff. I realize you don't like it (why...), but you then do not need to chime in either. Move along.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Again, seems like just trolling if you aren't willing to proportionately rip Trump.

I'm all for holding all these guys to account for past transgressions, whether 10, 20, 30 or 40 years ago. I do want victims to get a far better listen than they have in the past. Whether that's a male wrestler or a female gymnast, some starlet, or just worker in a factory or restaurant, this stuff needs to be heard with respect and dealt with as the facts are found.

But obviously not every accusation is true, so we need to be careful not to condemn someone entirely without a chance defend themselves. We should look for a pattern if any such can be found.

That said, I have no difficulty saying that Trump, Weinberg, Clinton, Cosby... and on and on have clearly been egregious, serial lifetime abusers, in some cases rapists.

I'm not there with Joe Biden, nor am I with Kavanaugh, regardless of the truth of any given allegation. Very, very hard to know.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:23 pm Again, seems like just trolling if you aren't willing to proportionately rip Trump.

I'm all for holding all these guys to account for past transgressions, whether 10, 20, 30 or 40 years ago. I do want victims to get a far better listen than they have in the past. Whether that's a male wrestler or a female gymnast, some starlet, or just worker in a factory or restaurant, this stuff needs to be heard with respect and dealt with as the facts are found.

But obviously not every accusation is true, so we need to be careful not to condemn someone entirely without a chance defend themselves. We should look for a pattern if any such can be found.

That said, I have no difficulty saying that Trump, Weinberg, Clinton, Cosby... and on and on have clearly been egregious, serial lifetime abusers, in some cases rapists.

I'm not there with Joe Biden, nor am I with Kavanaugh, regardless of the truth of any given allegation. Very, very hard to know.

I actually have to run but I had this one question on your post: why do I need to be equally dismissive of Trump? There's a whole thread here called Orange Duce dedicated to trashing the guy, plus every other thread is probably 80% anti-Trump posting. If a few pages on one thread gets dedicated to exposing the hypocrisy of the Left on #MeToo, I don't think that's gonna tilt the balance of morality in Trump's favor.

:lol:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:31 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:23 pm Again, seems like just trolling if you aren't willing to proportionately rip Trump.

I actually have to run but I had this one question on your post: why do I need to be equally dismissive of Trump? There's a whole thread here called Orange Duce dedicated to trashing the guy, plus every other thread is probably 80% anti-Trump posting. If a few pages on one thread gets dedicated to exposing the hypocrisy of the Left on #MeToo, I don't think that's gonna tilt the balance of morality in Trump's favor.

Serious answer?
Because if one is to target "hypocrisy" one needs to look in the mirror first.
Hold your own folks to a high standard, then point fingers if you must.

The #MeToo folks have gone after egregious abusers regardless of party affiliation. That's been an equal opportunity campaign.

If you or any other Trump supporter (sorry, you've made clear that you'll vote for him over any likely Dem candidate, most of whom you despise, disdain and disparage with regularity) are willing to say that Trump should be in jail for his many abuses, and then want to give this accuser of Biden her own say, fine with me.

I've never been a fan of Joe as it is.
I do prefer his moderate policy views, and I'd vote for a tree stump over Trump, but there are certainly other moderates I'd rather have in the Oval Office the next 4 years.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:47 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:31 pm

Serious answer?
Because if one is to target "hypocrisy" one needs to look in the mirror first.
Hold your own folks to a high standard, then point fingers if you must.

The #MeToo folks have gone after egregious abusers regardless of party affiliation. That's been an equal opportunity campaign.

If you or any other Trump supporter (sorry, you've made clear that you'll vote for him over any likely Dem candidate, most of whom you despise, disdain and disparage with regularity) are willing to say that Trump should be in jail for his many abuses, and then want to give this accuser of Biden her own say, fine with me.

I've never been a fan of Joe as it is.
I do prefer his moderate policy views, and I'd vote for a tree stump over Trump, but there are certainly other moderates I'd rather have in the Oval Office the next 4 years.

I don't think Trump should be "in jail" for any of his alleged offenses, nor Joe Biden. I'm amused at the hypocrisy of the #MeToo movement and anyone who says 'believe all women', then turns tail when a woman accuses them of the same conduct.

Just repeat: I believe in due process.

Return to “POLITICS”