Home Honey, I'm High

General Chatter
dislaxxic

Home Honey, I'm High

Post by dislaxxic »

You're right! It IS the Mary Jane thread.

More and more states are going legal as they see tax revenues rocket upwards...regulation and taxation schemes differ but they seem to be getting it right, by and large.

Resources:

NORMAL

MPP

dMac, you here??

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
thatsmell

Re: Home Honey, I'm High

Post by thatsmell »

DMAC where are you?!

Gotta legalize the weed.

And truthfully, we should stop criminalizing drugs in general and listen to (I can't believe I'm saying it,) Chris Christie on this subject:

I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

This thread is not complete until DMac logs in and chimes in. Probably just a little day-baking going on now....
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

seacoaster wrote:Probably just a little day-baking going on now....
Is that like "Wake n' Bake" :lol:

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Again, I will defer to the authority on this issue, once he registers and joins this Board. But yes, day-bake is more of an extended effort; wake and bake is a subset of day-baking, if you follow me.
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

Buddy from high school is killin’ it out in LA @ https://www.rosintechproducts.com/pages/about-us

Have to say the kid was destined to make it in this industry!
hickorystick

Post by hickorystick »

seacoaster wrote:This thread is not complete until DMac logs in and chimes in. Probably just a little day-baking going on now....
Hail, hail the gang's all here. Logged on to FanLax as this guy....don't know why, just cuz I guess (came real close to logging on as DocBarrister...should have, give him a bit of a different persona, no?).
thatsmell wrote:DMAC where are you?!

Gotta legalize the weed.

And truthfully, we should stop criminalizing drugs in general and listen to (I can't believe I'm saying it,) Chris Christie on this subject:

I hate to admit it too but I do have a couple of things in common with Blivet (was riding in the car with my father at 15-16 yrs old when he pointed out a guy and said, "Look at that G D blivet." I asked what a blivet is. https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=blivet
... Struck me pretty damn funny), I like hot fudge sundaes and I agree with his drug policy. I would think that after our decades long drug war we would have given this some thought long ago, but apparently not. Treating those with drug/addiction problems as criminals is...well, just criminal, IMO.
dislaxxic wrote:You're right! It IS the Mary Jane thread.

More and more states are going legal as they see tax revenues rocket upwards...regulation and taxation schemes differ but they seem to be getting it right, by and large.

Resources:

NORMAL

MPP

dMac, you here??

I subscribed to NORML way back in the mid 70s, I thought legalization was imminent, guess I was a little off on that one. That's actually been a good thing for an awful lot of people though and I don't believe there's ever been a better time to be in the pot business than right now (got a few more years of that). Feds aren't at all enthusiastic about making pot busts so it's a relatively save environment to be operating in.
For those of you who might enjoy a taste now and then but have yet to try the oils out there you can vape, I highly (no pun intended there) recommend them. No fuss, no muss, no pipes, no papers, no fire.....and absolutely no odor. I'd bet you could sit right in the Dome and enjoy your flavored oil during a ball game and the person next to you would smell nothing or have any reason to be suspicious of anything you're doing. I'm not a gambler, but bet on that one....believe me. :mrgreen:
(JFTR, know I've mentioned this before, but I'm not really a drug guy. They've always scared me and I've never screwed around with them. Keep that in mind with my recommendation, I'm not looking for something that rocks you and puts you on another planet...the oils are nice and the THC levels are...well, just a little higher...alright, a lot higher, than you get from firing up a bud.)

I see our Gov Cuomo formed a committee (he's always been an anti legalization guy but the gal running against him is pro legalization so Andrew seems to have changed his mind...imagine that) to figure out all the legalization stuff. Enter red tape, bureaucracy, and endless complications. Must say, I get a kick out of all of that. Don't know why they don't just call in a couple of black market king pins (the one's they created) and look at their blue print, they seem to have been fairly successful over the decades. Just sayin'.

Good to see all you boys.
hickorystick

Post by hickorystick »

Just a little update on my post on the Sensible Gun Control Thread about my buddy's wife who was recently prescribed medical marijuana, which of course comes with sacrificing one's right to buy a gun in the name of safety for the rest of us (including those taking far more potent and dangerous prescribed drugs who can buy guns).
Just letting all of you NY Staters know that you are safe from the unpredictable medical marijuana users here in The Empire State as well thought out laws and regulations that come with legalization and regulation have got you covered. Fear not.
After days of screwing around trying to get logged on to the .gov you have to log on in order to get your medical marijuana card, she finally managed to get that accomplished and is now just waiting for the card to come in the mail. Mind you, this gal is not, and never has been, a pot smoker. The only reason she is willing to give this a shot is because a doctor has prescribed it (she's basically a mess and has already tried pretty much everything else). Her husband has been telling her essentially the same thing the doctor told her for years but, of course, because he doesn't have MD following his name he didn't know what he was talking about.
While she was doing her .gov thing my buddy got a text from her asking for his driver's license number. When he asked what she needed that for she told him that that made him her authorized and designated driver if she ever needs to go anywhere after medicating, including to and from the dispensary to pick out, and pick up, her prescription (plenty of strains to choose from after discussing it all with your "counselor"). This is like Sister Mary being prescribed medical marijuana and assigning Cheech as her authorized and designated driver but fear not, we're all safe from those potentially dangerous and highly unpredictable medical marijuana users. Thanks, Andrew and Feds.
JFTR, my buddy is not wake and bake stoner (the Cheech comparison was just for effect) but there won't be anything in that dispensary he's not familiar with. The plus factor is, if she ever needs her prescription refilled when the dispensary is closed her designated driver be able to get it refilled at any one of the outlets he's been getting it from for years.
The fustercluck laws and regulations that come with legalization sure does leave one asking phut the wuck?
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

That nonsense is thanks to the war on drugs begun by Ronnie, and the war on black youths amp'd up by Clinton.

Weed + gun = serious jail time.....
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

HooDat wrote:That nonsense is thanks to the war on drugs begun by Ronnie, and the war on black youths amp'd up by Clinton.
Another vain attempt by a Democrat to "look conservative" in a mis-guided effort to "move to the center". Honest to God, they just can't seem to get it right...stay left of center, like a majority of the country.

dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

hickorystick

Post by hickorystick »

HooDat wrote:That nonsense is thanks to the war on drugs begun by Ronnie, and the war on black youths amp'd up by Clinton.

Weed + gun = serious jail time.....
Guess it's too bad the slick one didn't inhale. Had he, he'd likely have seen things differently.
:mrgreen:
hickorystick

Post by hickorystick »

dislaxxic wrote:U.S. official: Canadian marijuana users, workers and investors risk lifetime border ban

What brilliant bureaucrat thought THIS up??

Geezuz H, these effin maroons really need to hire some of the black market king pins they've let run the business for decades to find out how to do this the right way.
Yes sir, dope has a whole new meaning in the pot business.
DMac

Post by DMac »

DMac's back, regretted doing the hickorystick thing but all's well now, the universe feels much more in order now.
;)
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

hickorystick wrote:
dislaxxic wrote:U.S. official: Canadian marijuana users, workers and investors risk lifetime border ban

Geezuz H, these effin maroons really need to hire some of the black market king pins they've let run the business for decades to find out how to do this the right way.
Looking more and more like pot may be the gateway drug for government get more and more control their people. As hickorystick (oops now DMac) noted earlier, the US wants to ban individuals from purchasing a gun.....time to play connect the dots?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote:
hickorystick wrote:

Looking more and more like pot may be the gateway drug for government get more and more control their people. As hickorystick (oops now DMac) noted earlier, the US wants to ban individuals from purchasing a gun.....time to play connect the dots?
Where have you read that someone has proposed banning all guns? Not someone telling you what someone intends to do but an actual proposal or piece of legislation. Making it harder to vote good... making it harder to own weapons bad.....
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Dunno if this is a problem or something I should brag about but I'll try to make some sense of the following ...

Years ago I attended a soccer game at Macalester College where the crowd began a time chant starting at 4:30 in the first and second half. When they reached 4:20 they started cheering. The symbolism was not lost on me and I cheered as loudly as everyone else. To this day the crowd takes up this cheer and for good reason. In fact, I still cheer and prolly do so louder than anyone else.

When I'm at home where I have three clocks, somehow, for some unknown reason, whenever the time reaches 4:20, my attention is immediately drawn to those clocks. Same when I'm on my PC and often when I'm on a city bus and passing by a street clock. In fact, my attention is often drawn to a building where the address number is 420.

For some reason, ever what it may be, I am often struck by the number 420.

There must be some very special personal significance to all that. Gee, I wunder ... :mrgreen:
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
youthathletics wrote:
hickorystick wrote:

Where have you read that someone has proposed banning all guns? Not someone telling you what someone intends to do but an actual proposal or piece of legislation. Making it harder to vote good... making it harder to own weapons bad.....
From Hickorystick, just a few posts back.
hickorystick wrote:Just a little update on my post on the Sensible Gun Control Thread about my buddy's wife who was recently prescribed medical marijuana, which of course comes with sacrificing one's right to buy a gun in the name of safety for the rest of us (including those taking far more potent and dangerous prescribed drugs who can buy guns).
Just letting all of you NY Staters know that you are safe from the unpredictable medical marijuana users here in The Empire State as well thought out laws and regulations that come with legalization and regulation have got you covered. Fear not.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
youthathletics wrote:
hickorystick wrote:

hickorystick wrote:Just a little update on my post on the Sensible Gun Control Thread about my buddy's wife who was recently prescribed medical marijuana, which of course comes with sacrificing one's right to buy a gun in the name of safety for the rest of us (including those taking far more potent and dangerous prescribed drugs who can buy guns).

That is your interpretation of banning all guns? Could you find a link to the actual legislation. I would be interested in seeing the facts.

EDIT: Found something.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... 4074ecccb8

We are a country of laws. Maybe the law hasn't caught up with where we are regarding legalization of marijuana unless you believe it's all a conspiracy to trade guns for pot....how was vacation
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
youthathletics wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
youthathletics wrote:
hickorystick wrote:

That is your interpretation of banning all guns? Could you find a link to the actual legislation. I would be interested in seeing the facts.
First show me the facts where I said the government is banning all guns....what I said was "pot may be the gateway drug for government get more and more control their people". gateway = a means of access. Think about it.....if registering for pot gets you banned from purchasing a gun, then being arrested with pot "can" get you banned, which means anything that has mind altering affects "can" get you banned from purchasing a gun and yes pot is mind altering with THC.
~Livy

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”