2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
holmes435

Re: 2020 Elections - Joementum Building

Post by holmes435 »

Bandito wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:41 pm Not really. You’re fascinated that Hillary “won” the popular vote. Who cares? That’s not the game. The game is to win the electoral college. The race to 270. I’m sorry your evil queen got destroyed. One who married a rapist and backed him. Yet she claims she was the “woman candidate”. A pathetic stance given her husband is a rapist. That’s why the Framers were so smart. They knew the electoral college was the way to go because of mob rule like we see in major cities today. Everyone has voice. And no, you have no clue how the electoral college works or you wouldn’t be bragging about the popular vote. No one cares!!!! Except you. Your TDS is pathetic and embarrassing. Again. You are getting crushed. Go home and go to bed. Good night
No, I'm not fascinated at all, you are. You keep saying America loves your boy Trump when they didn't from the start. Sad to see you so deluded.

She may have married an alleged rapist but Trump is also an alleged rapist, multiple times over. You literally support an alleged rapist. A guy who brags about grabbing women's genitals.

So you believe that a minority of voters should rule? That literally means not everyone has an equal voice. You think 47% or so of voters should rule over 53% of voters.

I'm sorry you can't handle the truth, and it's super sad that you can't even answer simple questions like how old you are. It's gotta be tough. Do you have your school mapped out?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

njbill wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:27 pm
ggait wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:26 pm There is no doubt that this story will get thoroughly checked out during the campaign.

The MSM-ers have no problem taking down Dems and libs -- ever heard of Ronan Farrow? Al Franken, John Conyers, Charlie Rose, Harvey Weinstein -- all big time Dems.

The Trump campaign and their media allies will be all over it to.

The story will hold up, or it won't.
Agreed.

One key difference between this woman and Ford, however. Ford testified under oath before the Senate on national TV and was subjected to cross-examination by hostile questioners. It seems unlikely that Biden’s accuser will testify under oath, let alone on national TV being cross examined by, say, Biden’s attorneys or partisans.

And there is a critical difference between Biden and Trump, of course. Biden presumably denies the allegations. Trump, on the other hand, admitted on tape that he grabs women by the p*ssy, as multiple women have accused him of doing.

"one key difference". :lol:

The actual only-important "key difference" (which obviously you'll never admit to, and btw there are many more) is Joe Biden said "BELIEVE ALL WOMEN". When you say that to appear woke to your fans or echo chamber, you own the sh!t that shall always roll downhill.

How stupid is it to say 'believe all women'? I am not sure in the history of stupidity there has ever been a dumber comment to make. And oh by the way, don't take it from me a guy; simply ask you wife or girlfriend if there a lot of women who are batguano crazy. If you haven't figured that out yet in life, you are in for a rude awakening.

You know what any sane human being says on the subject of sexual assault: I believe in due process.

If you have this overarching need to appear woker than woke and all that that idiocy implies, prepare to be hoisted on your own petard one day, such should happen to Joe excepting for the media coverup sure to envelop him.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

holmes435 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:38 pmSo you believe that a minority of voters should rule? That literally means not everyone has an equal voice. You think 47% or so of voters should rule over 53% of voters.
As I've stated on here before, IMO, the 2016 election was an aberration, presenting voters with two awful choices, and certainly not worthy of amending the Constitution over. And don't give me the concept of changing the C without amending it...legal slight-of-hand BS.

I certainly understand your point (above). Demographics throughout the states may eventually cause your wish to come true. I'm just as uncomfortable though with the notion that every election be determined by CA and NY based on numbers alone. At some point, why have elections at all?

When the COVID disaster is over or at least under control (I optimistically believe it will be), IMO, Trump will see another term. Biden looks to be a mess. Despite his often unappealing and crass nature, T is POTUS, duly elected under our system. Citizens have a choice, accept it or spend another four years wallowing in a hostile, hateful wasteland (bad karma on an individual basis). Do we have a right to criticize our leaders?...of course!...but there is an immense difference between criticism and sabotage.

For example, impeachment was an embarrassing, desperate, and partisan-fabricated attempt to sabotage. My bet is the "resistance" lost many a moderate voter sympathetic to the cause due to that inequitable attempt.

It may seem like it to some but Trump won't be POTUS forever. Let's not make impulsively-fueled amendments to the Constitution based on an election aberration. And rest assured, the electoral college may work in your favor next time.
Last edited by tech37 on Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

ggait wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:26 pm There is no doubt that this story will get thoroughly checked out during the campaign.

The MSM-ers have no problem taking down Dems and libs -- ever heard of Ronan Farrow? Al Franken, John Conyers, Charlie Rose, Harvey Weinstein -- all big time Dems.

The Trump campaign and their media allies will be all over it to.

The story will hold up, or it won't.

You have got to be kidding me, right? Ronan Farrow is a perfectly good journalist, but he's one of maybe 5 in all of national journalism that can credibly be termed 'honorable'.

And btw, exactly how long did it take for journalists to expose those folks you mention above? Charlie Rose had a 40-year assault gig going; Weinstein not too far behind. Lauer...same. Conyers probably 50. No journalists could find it in their sleuthing bones to expose that?

The vast and overwhelming majority of American media is straight up liberal and Democrat-sympathetic. You know, I know it, we all know it. My dog knows it. gmafb.

You lose so much credibility not acknowledging what any 5-year old can see. It drives me batty when Democrats anywhere play this game of, 'hey there's this one good journalist, therefore all are heroic'.

Ever read the Wikileaks emails from 'journalists' like John Harwood where he compliments Democratic politicians on debate performances like a boy band fan? Do you know why a guy like Ken DIlanian or a woman like Natasha Bertrand never seem to have anything negative to say about a Democrat, like ever? Did you see the media the night Trump was elected? It was like a funeral. How about the voting records of our media, what do you think that would look like if you could access it? lol. 95% Democrat?

Just admit reality and you restore credibility. Everything written past the point of 'but journalism in America is good' is worthless.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:04 am How stupid is it to say 'believe all women'? I am not sure in the history of stupidity there has ever been a dumber comment to make.
How about “this [the coronavirus threat] is their new hoax?” That’s infinitely dumber than anything Biden has ever said.

And that’s just one example of dumb things that have come out of mouth of the King of Dumb.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

WH Chief of Staff Mulvaney was still preaching the hoax narrative at CPAC. Think of a whole of government approach to denial the likes of which we’ve never seen before. And then turn on a dime for St Patrick’s Day. People are saying it’s incredible what we did.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Dr. Rachel Bitecofer, whose election model was spot on for the 2018 midterms, has released her "post primary" 2020 election forecast. The whole thing is worth reading:

https://www.niskanencenter.org/bitecofe ... ary-update
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

njbill wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:32 am
Peter Brown wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:04 am How stupid is it to say 'believe all women'? I am not sure in the history of stupidity there has ever been a dumber comment to make.
How about “this [the coronavirus threat] is their new hoax?” That’s infinitely dumber than anything Biden has ever said.

And that’s just one example of dumb things that have come out of mouth of the King of Dumb.

Here’s a great idea: start a thread called Cheeto Jesus or Orange Duce, and scream incoherently about Trump with fellow simpletons. Oh wait, you already did.

Coronavirus will be cured within a year, but sexual assault and political pandering have been with us for centuries and will be for centuries more. Still think Orange Man Bad’s comments about the media (and not the virus) are as dumb as ‘believe all women’?
Last edited by Peter Brown on Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Yup. Calling the virus a hoax was much much dumber.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Trinity wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:39 am WH Chief of Staff Mulvaney was still preaching the hoax narrative at CPAC. Think of a whole of government approach to denial the likes of which we’ve never seen before. And then turn on a dime for St Patrick’s Day. People are saying it’s incredible what we did.

I hope no one clues you in on what the Democrats of NYC said about coronavirus all the way through a much larger Chinese Lunar Year parade in the city. Your demagoguery will suffer a fatal blow (or I should say it would suffer a fatal blow if you had any awareness).
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

njbill wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:02 pm Yup. Calling the virus a hoax was much much dumber.

It doesn’t shock anyone with a pulse that you choose to push a false narrative rather than address the deeper question, but you do you.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:05 pm
njbill wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:02 pm Yup. Calling the virus a hoax was much much dumber.
It doesn’t shock anyone with a pulse that you choose to push a false narrative rather than address the deeper question, but you do you.
How about you give the rest of us a break and STFU for 24 hours? We know how you feel about all this and repeating it ad nauseum every day doesn't help the situation much if at all.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Kismet wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:19 pm
How about you give the rest of us a break and STFU for 24 hours? We know how you feel about all this and repeating it ad nauseum every day doesn't help the situation much if at all.

‘doesn’t help the situation’. What “situation” is that Kismet? You’re hurt when someone points out reality?

‘the rest of us’. Who is “us”? Just Democrats?

Here’s a novel idea; stop posting mindless bs.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Like I suggested STFU. Please. :oops: :oops:
Change the oil in your Gulfsteam. Do SOMETHING other than mindlessly rant here as you claim everyone else does except you. It's the other way around, I'm afraid.
Last edited by Kismet on Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Bill DiBlasio is an idiot. We agree. I believe I have always said that. He actually said you could only get it if someone coughed in your face. My lab tech wife flew off the couch. Doesn’t excuse the deadly month of denial by the Trump Administration and his Fox News echo chamber.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
njbill

Post by njbill »

“False narrative?” That’s just Trump propaganda. I know what he said. You know what he said. Everyone knows what he said. He is on tape for goodness’ sake.

Trump tried to claim it wasn’t his voice on the Access Hollywood tape. Do you believe that, too?

Look, if you are going to argue today is Wednesday when it is Saturday, there is really no basis for discussion.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

holmes435 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:38 pm

So you believe that a minority of voters should rule? That literally means not everyone has an equal voice. You think 47% or so of voters should rule over 53% of voters.
What percentage of Congressional "voters" voted on the $2 trillion TAATS welfare yesterday. They DID not vote.

320 million + US citizens, how many voted for Hillaryous ?

exactly

you digging the Joe Biden in the basement hideout act ? How is that "anyone but" strategy working ?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
ggait

Post by ggait »

The vast and overwhelming majority of American media is straight up liberal and Democrat-sympathetic. You know, I know it, we all know it. My dog knows it. gmafb.
In other news, water is wet. Everyone in the media (and world fyi) has a bias. What matters the most is whether someone does good or shoddy work. Chris Wallace does good work; Hannity does not. George Will and Maddow do good work; AM Joy does not. NYT, Wapo, WSJ all do generally HQ work. Not so important that they each have a slant (which is obvious and transparent to all).
You lose so much credibility not acknowledging what any 5-year old can see. It drives me batty when Democrats anywhere play this game of, 'hey there's this one good journalist, therefore all are heroic'.
I think you lose a lot of credibility by throwing out high volumes of weak/false comparisons. As with journalists, the bias is not the most fundamental thing. What matters most is good, logical arguments backed up by facts. Do that and we can all talk and learn. Going full Bandito just isn't interesting.

Al Franken is sitting home and Trump is sitting in the WH. If Bill Clinton were around today and acting like he did back when, the Dems and the MSM would force him out. Biden will get whatever he does/does not deserve. Not really seeing where large quantities of lefty creepers are getting a free pass. If anything, the lefties are more likely to execute their own for relatively less serious conduct (e.g. Franken).

Cheers.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

tech37 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:08 am
holmes435 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:38 pmSo you believe that a minority of voters should rule? That literally means not everyone has an equal voice. You think 47% or so of voters should rule over 53% of voters.
As I've stated on here before, IMO, the 2016 election was an aberration, presenting voters with two awful choices, and certainly not worthy of amending the Constitution over. And don't give me the concept of changing the C without amending it...legal slight-of-hand BS.

I certainly understand your point (above). Demographics throughout the states may eventually cause your wish to come true. I'm just as uncomfortable though with the notion that every election be determined by CA and NY based on numbers alone. At some point, why have elections at all?

When the COVID disaster is over or at least under control (I optimistically believe it will be), IMO, Trump will see another term. Biden looks to be a mess. Despite his unappealing and crass nature, T is POTUS, duly elected under our system. Citizens have a choice, accept it or spend another four years wallowing in a hostile, hateful wasteland (bad karma on an individual basis). Do we have a right to criticize our leaders?...of course!...but there is an immense difference between criticism and sabotage.

For example, impeachment was an embarrassing, desperate, and partisan-fabricated attempt to sabotage. My bet is the "resistance" lost many a moderate voter sympathetic to the cause due to that inequitable attempt.

It may seem like it to some but Trump won't be POTUS forever. Let's not make impulsively-fueled amendments to the Constitution based on an election aberration. And rest assured, the electoral college may work in your favor next time.
As far as the electoral college vote vs. popular vote difference, it's happened twice in the last 20 years.

I've been on the record here before with my suggested electoral reforms, like instant runoff elections, which would also help third parties get better representation and keep people like Trump from getting the nomination when 70% of Republicans didn't want him initially. Of course there isn't going to be much traction in changing the general election in the near future, but more and more states are moving to instant runoff for local and state elections. If people see those as a positive, it could trickle up to the bigger races. I don't have a specific solution to the EC vs. popular vote problem, but the EC and a lot of our legislative process was designed when the country was much different, and can be updated to reflect our modern connected-ness.

I'm not sure how we change the money aspect in politics, especially after McConnell let the tiger out of the bag with his Citizens United case, but it has to change. My third pillar is term limits where there aren't any.

You may be right with a second Trump term, but there are a ton of unknowns between now and then with Biden, the virus and death rates, and the economy. We've had multiple major, near unprecedented events in the first three months of 2020 alone. Who knows what's in store?

Unfortunately Trump forced the Democrats' hands regarding impeachment. If they didn't impeach him, they're basically saying there are no checks and balances and the President has nearly unlimited power in his non-legislative actions. If they did, it's going to alienate a few voters, but I doubt there are many actual undecideds out there. You certainly don't hear anything about impeachment in the news nowadays, so it may be a complete non-factor either way in the election.

I'm sure some will disagree, but it's my personal opinion that Trump brings much of the anger on himself with his actions. Yes, some of it is an overreaction, but plenty is warranted. But the anger is a reaction to specific things he does. From simple decency things to major policy gaffes. We haven't had public behavior like this in the White House in our lifetimes, if ever.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

njbill wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:47 pm

“False narrative?” That’s just Trump propaganda. I know what he said. You know what he said. Everyone knows what he said. He is on tape for goodness’ sake.

Trump tried to claim it wasn’t his voice on the Access Hollywood tape. Do you believe that, too?

Look, if you are going to argue today is Wednesday when it is Saturday, there is really no basis for discussion.
Got a real kick out of you doing your best Bill Clinton the other day parsing Trump's words re "hoax." Very lawyerly of you :roll:

Obviously (see logic) Trump was referring to Dems using the pandemic as political attack fodder. Trump used that same word "hoax" when referring to Dems attempt at collusion and impeachment. There is no other way of defining unless your judgement is clouded.

Return to “POLITICS”